POLL: ONE game that will change the future of the PSP forever.

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Topmanfaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Topmanfaz
Member since 2005 • 188 Posts

In your opinion, which one game will cause such a frenzy, that the PSP will practically be a must own gadget, to outsell the DS and the Wii every month.

For me of course, it has to be a portable version of Gran Turismo 5, with cutting edge graphics, with none of the features, cars skimmed down from the PS3 version, and online tournaments :D

StSk8ter29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 StSk8ter29
Member since 2003 • 1804 Posts

It would have to be another Gran Turismo with some sort of online service. One of the main issues with Polyphony Digital though is that they don't seem to want to release a lesser version of GT. It always seems like every version has to have more cars and more tracks. I'm still holding out hope that they will release the original Gran Turismo for psp download. 

DarkMagik9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DarkMagik9
Member since 2004 • 1709 Posts

In your opinion, which one game will cause such a frenzy, that the PSP will practically be a must own gadget, to outsell the DS and the Wii every month.

For me of course, it has to be a portable version of Gran Turismo 5, with cutting edge graphics, with none of the features, cars skimmed down from the PS3 version, and online tournaments :D

Topmanfaz

Get real.  One single game is not going to all of a sudden turn things around for the PSP.

What would help boost PSP sales to even come close to catching the DS is for Sony to put more effort in how they handle the PSP, marketing and software, and a steady boost of good quality, sequels and new IPs, games. 

What helped the DS distance itself from the PSP was it had a stream of constant quality games. 

B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#4 B-bad
Member since 2002 • 5705 Posts
That's Easy God of War: Chains of Olypums when that game drops there will be many people getting PSP.
StSk8ter29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 StSk8ter29
Member since 2003 • 1804 Posts
I have never played God of War, platformers never seem to have enough replay value for me. ^
B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 B-bad
I have never played God of War, platformers never seem to have enough replay value for me. ^StSk8ter29
OMG if you have a PS2 then you have to Play this game it's awesome
Topmanfaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Topmanfaz

Yep, thats true. Personally, I feel unless Sony makes a PSP to mimic the PS3 controller, a stable game format, and cheaper price, their war with Nintendo is over.

I dont why I said what I said now  :D, maybe its because Im really excited, my new PCs coming in 4 days :) 

Topmanfaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Topmanfaz
Sorry, forgot to quote DarkMagic9 ^^^^^^
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
The correct answer is God of War: CoO, but it's not on your poll...
lewisg1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lewisg1212
Member since 2005 • 1698 Posts
should have got a mac! :P lol atually if your using it for gaming...maybe not
DarthMar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DarthMar
Member since 2007 • 270 Posts

That's Easy God of War: Chains of Olypums when that game drops there will be many people getting PSP. B-bad

Yep...

I have never played God of War, platformers never seem to have enough replay value for me. ^StSk8ter29

Good thing God Of War's not a platformer then, huh? Oh, and GoW has a lot of replay value with its tons of unlockables.

cero10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 cero10
Member since 2005 • 887 Posts
God of War Chains of Olympus definitly!!
longlong123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 longlong123
Member since 2005 • 98 Posts

I used to think like you too. It was like: how the hell can a platformer (GOW is an action-adventure actually, but close enough) have replay value? After knowing the plot, enjoy the action then... what else is there to play?

But trust me, it does!!! GOW makes you want to play it again right after you finish it once. Unlockable stuff, new costumes with different effects (GOW2)... those things will keep GOW disk in your PS2 for quite some time...

That is also why, I believe GOW will boost the sale of PSP. But just like Halo 2 (there was only one month that Xbox actually made significant profit, Dec 2004, I think? Halo 2 launch month) for Xbox, it cannot permanently turn the table... 

PSP needs good and exclusive titles... That is what I think 

enral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 enral
Member since 2006 • 728 Posts

A good 3D remake of FF5 to 6.

God of War

A really good exclusive rpg that can go multiplayer. (tales of world?)

zdetton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#15 zdetton
Member since 2004 • 604 Posts
God of War wouldn't do it. It's too new of a series and not yet well known enough. It would have to be a series that everyone is already familiar with but exclusive, Like Zelda for example. The only way I could see one game being enough is if it were a n enhanced remake of Final Fantasy 7 and exclusive to PSP. Like what Square-Enix did with Final Fantasy 3 for DS. That's about the only way I could see ONE game affecting the market or the hardware.
Topmanfaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Topmanfaz

God of War wouldn't do it. It's too new of a series and not yet well known enough. It would have to be a series that everyone is already familiar with but exclusive, Like Zelda for example. The only way I could see one game being enough is if it were a n enhanced remake of Final Fantasy 7 and exclusive to PSP. Like what Square-Enix did with Final Fantasy 3 for DS. That's about the only way I could see ONE game affecting the market or the hardware.zdetton

I was gonna say the same thing, GOW cannot entirely be seen as a flagship system seller, its 18 rated for one thing, half the gamers that play the PSP are teens, 16 or under, and walking into a shop and buying an 18 rated game isnt as easy as it used to be. Thats why I didnt put GOW up there. System sellers are usually 15+ or under, Halo, MGS, Mario, Zelda. 

karlgauci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 karlgauci
Member since 2005 • 5504 Posts
God of War
karlgauci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 karlgauci
Member since 2005 • 5504 Posts

[QUOTE="zdetton"]God of War wouldn't do it. It's too new of a series and not yet well known enough. It would have to be a series that everyone is already familiar with but exclusive, Like Zelda for example. The only way I could see one game being enough is if it were a n enhanced remake of Final Fantasy 7 and exclusive to PSP. Like what Square-Enix did with Final Fantasy 3 for DS. That's about the only way I could see ONE game affecting the market or the hardware.Topmanfaz

I was gonna say the same thing, GOW cannot entirely be seen as a flagship system seller, its 18 rated for one thing, half the gamers that play the PSP are teens, 16 or under, and walking into a shop and buying an 18 rated game isnt as easy as it used to be. Thats why I didnt put GOW up there. System sellers are usually 15+ or under, Halo, MGS, Mario, Zelda. 

What? they don't tell you 18+ games? I'm 15 and I buy R rated games, what's wrong with that... 

jasonbesto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 jasonbesto
Member since 2007 • 754 Posts

God of War Chains of Olympus definitly!!cero10

Either Final Fantasy Crisis Core or what he said. 

Roosnurm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Roosnurm
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts
Final Fantasy of Gran Turismo, if it ever comes out...
superheronl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 superheronl
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
Final Fantasy: Crisis Core is the game :)
PSPZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PSPZero
Member since 2006 • 111 Posts

Final Fantasy VII-IX

Port or Remake, it'll sweep in the sales!!!

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#23 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

No one knew that the DS Brain Age games would drive so many sales.  Portable gaming and console gaming are totally different.  This is why the PSP is failing as bad as it is.

The PSP needs to realize it's a portable gaming device and do something creative other then just making small versions of console games that are already successful.

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts

People talk about the PSP like it's failing, but it's not.

Anyways, Gran Turismo would probably get the most sales from casual gamers. Final Fantasy would help the japanese market, but since there's plenty of FF on DS, it's not going to change much. I can't imagine Resident Evil or Devil May Cry driving sales anymore than Metal Gear Solid did.

BobbyBobby85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 BobbyBobby85
Member since 2003 • 10336 Posts
I'd say God of War, but I don't think it's a big enough name in gamign yet to make a huge impact.  I mean, even GTA on PSP didn't change anything like it did on consoles.  It would have to score 9.5s+ across the board to make PSP grab people's attention in the long run.  Plus you have to remember, DS is aiming at a broader audience out there, and God of War will only be a niche demograph compared to Brain age type games that are so popular with all types of Gamers.
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts

Either God of War or a new Final Fantasy (being a traditional turn based RPG).

P.S. Add to that a Kingdom Hearts game.

B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 B-bad

No one knew that the DS Brain Age games would drive so many sales. Portable gaming and console gaming are totally different. This is why the PSP is failing as bad as it is.

The PSP needs to realize it's a portable gaming device and do something creative other then just making small versions of console games that are already successful.

Bgrngod

Sorry the PSP cant be like the DS if its going to really take off ..... Sony needs to try to change this image of what hand-held gaming is.

Sure games like Brain age will sale DS but how many of those people will buy another game.

SO many people have the wrong idea of what portable gaming is suppose to be ..... going by the image out there in the media ....... gamers cant go by the image of media who play console games all day, they are going to want something different when they are on the go.

The PSP has bridged the gap and shows that a portable can pull off console style games ...... games like Syphon Filter Dark Mirror, Tekken Dark Resurrection, Socom Fire Team Bravo, Daxter, Ratchet and Clank Size Matter, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Monster Hunter Freedom, Ace Combat X, Grand Thief Auto all show off what the PSP can do ..... also did you notice that all these were developed for the PSP.

That what Sony need more top notch games developed for the PSP. Upcoming Games like God of War, Silent Hill Origins, FF Crisis Core, Gran Turismo Mobile,  Dungeon and Dragon Tactics should help push sales. Oh and by the way why do so many people think the PSP is dead ..... Sure it's not selling like the DS but it is selling and growing in success each day!

zdetton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 zdetton
Sure games like Brain age will sale DS but how many of those people will buy another game.

SO many people have the wrong idea of what portable gaming is suppose to be ..... going by the image out there in the media ....... gamers cant go by the image of media who play console games all day, they are going to want something different when they are on the go. B-bad

That's who Nintendo is targeting with their "Touch Generations" line of games. One of my friends bought his mom a DS with a copy of Brain Age. She has since bought more of the touch based games for her DS like Animal Crossing, Parlor Games, and even Tetris DS. Sony needs to find a demographic of people that own/ can afford the PSP and start making games that those people would be into.

The PSP has bridged the gap and shows that a portable can pull off console ****games ...... games like Syphon Filter Dark Mirror, Tekken Dark Resurrection, Socom Fire Team Bravo, Daxter, Ratchet and Clank Size Matter, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Monster Hunter Freedom, Ace Combat X, Grand Thief Auto all show off what the PSP can do ..... also did you notice that all these were developed for the PSP.B-bad

Those games wouldn't make much of an impact. It's like I said in my previous post. They need to take a flagship series and make it exclusive to the PSP. They should also do something more daring to some of their series, like MG:Acid for example; They took Metal Gear and made it in a game that is more feasable to a handheld system. From your list Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, MGS:PO, and GTA are really good games, however, none of them are really seen as Flagship games since they are on multiple platforms (And GTA VC Stories and LC Stories are available on PS2). Daxter and Ratchet & Clank have potential to be seen asflagship games eventually since they are still exclusive to the Playstation platform. The rest of the games you mentioned are still not well known or are kind of niche games. I mean, not exactly every is into fighting games or army sims.

As I said earlier, they would need something like a Final Fantasy 7 remake. Even then, saying it would completely change the market would be pushing it. I could see a spike in sales for a few months and that would be it.

Wielgoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wielgoz
Member since 2007 • 300 Posts

an entirely new game that is all online. where you would form a party wiht soem ppl and have to make a base. it would be liek resedent evil and there are zombies that you ahve to keep out of your fort and then you team woul have to go attack other ppls forts to gain suppies for your own and evetually you would have an awsoem fort wiht sweet defenses and you oculs also go otu and search buildings for supplies and weapons:P BIG idea........ or you could go on single palyer to buld up yourt fort or base and get supplies then take it online with soem ppl to battle another persons fort. it would be in liek downtown of soem place and it would be dark and there would be like cars lit on fire and zombies walking around so you would have to worry aobut you enemies and the zombies:P im a thinker i should copy right this

zdetton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 zdetton

an entirely new game that is all online. where you would form a party wihtsoem ppl and have to make a base. it would be liek resedent evil and there are zombies that you ahve to keep out of your fort and then you team woul have to go attack other ppls forts to gain suppies for your own and evetually you would have an awsoem fort wiht sweet defenses and you oculs also go otu and search buildings for supplies and weapons:P BIG idea........ or you could go on single palyer to buld up yourt fort or base and get supplies then take it online with soem ppl to battle another persons fort. it would be in liek downtown of soem place and it would be dark and there would be like cars lit on fire and zombies walking around so you would have to worry aobut you enemies and the zombies:P im a thinker i should copy right this

Wielgoz

I think you should worry about your spelling before you go trying to copyright a game.

SaitouZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 SaitouZero
Member since 2004 • 863 Posts
FF7: Crisis Core (which is by far the best looking PSP game, looks better than most PS2 games I'd even say) and Dissidia: Final Fantasy are the 2 games that could maybe change the tides.
4dry4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 4dry4n
Member since 2007 • 1411 Posts
I have an idea what about GTA:PSP stories w/c has online multiplayer in which players compete to finish the jobs 1st while also eliminating the oppossition while at it. They could put a lot into it, players could choose if they want to play the bad guy or the cops & gain experience & get promoted until you become the gang boss or the SWAT it could have a little online racing tournament too.
nexusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nexusprime
Member since 2004 • 877 Posts

Calling GOW a simple platformer is an immense insult.

Id have to say Crisis core. With the way they are pushin the graphical capabilities or the psp with that title its bound to open several eyes...and pockets.

superheronl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 superheronl
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts

FF7: Crisis Core (which is by far the best looking PSP game, looks better than most PS2 games I'd even say) and Dissidia: Final Fantasy are the 2 games that could maybe change the tides.SaitouZero

That's the truth!

Avatar image for deactivated-61f554adcef90
deactivated-61f554adcef90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 deactivated-61f554adcef90
Member since 2005 • 8056 Posts

There are 3 games that can help the PSP sell at least 5 million units more :

Crisi Core ( especially if it gots stellar reviews ) , Gran Turismo 4 Mobile ( ... what can I say , most bought driving simulator ever ) , God of War Chains of Olympus ( well , if it gots good ratings , it will fly of shelves , theres allready a huge GoW fanbase , and this type of game cannt be called other than console seller ) . 

CKeur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CKeur
Member since 2005 • 1918 Posts
I am very surprised that you did not include God of War in that list. GoW:CoO will definitely be the major game coming out to the PSP, but out of the list that you game, I would say that the Final Fantasy games will draw in the most crowd, however Gran Turismo (if it ever comes out) and Devil May Cry could definitely be very great games.
grimhope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 grimhope
Member since 2003 • 978 Posts

[QUOTE="zdetton"]God of War wouldn't do it. It's too new of a series and not yet well known enough. It would have to be a series that everyone is already familiar with but exclusive, Like Zelda for example. The only way I could see one game being enough is if it were a n enhanced remake of Final Fantasy 7 and exclusive to PSP. Like what Square-Enix did with Final Fantasy 3 for DS. That's about the only way I could see ONE game affecting the market or the hardware.Topmanfaz

The problem with the argument you just made is that HALO and MGS are both rated M for mature..................I guess that kills the argument that god of war cant be a system seller because its rated M huh??? 

cofd__pro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cofd__pro
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts

Going away from that argument i think God Of War chains of olympus will make people realise how good the graphics are on the psp

and make people think that this is just another waste of time like the gba and ds !!! 

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#39 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"] No one knew that the DS Brain Age games would drive so many sales. Portable gaming and console gaming are totally different. This is why the PSP is failing as bad as it is.

The PSP needs to realize it's a portable gaming device and do something creative other then just making small versions of console games that are already successful.

B-bad

Sorry the PSP cant be like the DS if its going to really take off ..... Sony needs to try to change this image of what hand-held gaming is.

SO many people have the wrong idea of what portable gaming is suppose to be ..... going by the image out there in the media ....... gamers cant go by the image of media who play console games all day, they are going to want something different when they are on the go.

The PSP has bridged the gap and shows that a portable can pull off console style games ...... games like Syphon Filter Dark Mirror, Tekken Dark Resurrection, Socom Fire Team Bravo, Daxter, Ratchet and Clank Size Matter, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Monster Hunter Freedom, Ace Combat X, Grand Thief Auto all show off what the PSP can do ..... also did you notice that all these were developed for the PSP.

That what Sony need more top notch games developed for the PSP. Upcoming Games like God of War, Silent Hill Origins, FF Crisis Core, Gran Turismo Mobile,  Dungeon and Dragon Tactics should help push sales. Oh and by the way why do so many people think the PSP is dead ..... Sure it's not selling like the DS but it is selling and growing in success each day!

Sony is TRYING to change the idea of what portable gaming is, and they are failing because they don't understand what portable gaming is about.  You can't just take console games, shrink them down, and expect them to thrive on the portable market.  Portable gaming is, and always will be, a totally different style then console gaming.  Why would anyone bother with a smaller version of a game they can play on a console if that game is better on the console?  They wouldn't.  They would rather play a unique game that fits a portable.  They want an experience they can only get on a portable, or they just won't bother.

So many people have the wrong idea about portable gaming?  You mean the people that actually buy portable systems have the wrong idea?  That makes no sense.  Those people ARE the market, and if they don't buy it, then the market doesn't support it.  Trying to change people's tastes for what they want in a portable game/console is impossible.  They buy what they like, and don't buy what they don't like.  They like the DS's games and they don't like the PSP's games.  It's that easy.

There was absolutely NO gap separating console games from handheld platforms that Sony needed to bridge.  In the same sense that there is no gap between handhelds and movies (UMD anyone?).  Niether is selling well because that is not want people want to do with a handheld.

Sony desperately needs to learn what portable gaming is about, and get the devs on board as well.  Putting a bunch of console games on a handheld will only make your system look like a small console.  Anyone looking at getting a DS or a PSP is going to take one look at the PSP and think "If I get a PSP I might as well get a PS2 instead".  If they already have a PS2 then the DS clearly is the winner.

Sony needs WAY more unique games on the PSP, and more of these games need to be "portable centric".

Skv0ra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Skv0ra
Member since 2004 • 653 Posts
I'd say a proper Quake 2 port with GOOD multiplayer. The best old school shooter that most will look down upon until they get schooled and realize how nice it actually is.
mystery1932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mystery1932
Member since 2006 • 215 Posts
no ports.  no sequels.  wat the PSP truly needs....is an original game, a killer app.  Built, and designed strictly for PSP.  That one killer app that everyone wants, and the only way to get it, is to buy a PSP.  thats how consoles win over the competetion.  they get wat the other console doesnt have.
Wielgoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Wielgoz
Member since 2007 • 300 Posts
[QUOTE="Wielgoz"]

an entirely new game that is all online. where you would form a party wihtsoem ppl and have to make a base. it would be liek resedent evil and there are zombies that you ahve to keep out of your fort and then you team woul have to go attack other ppls forts to gain suppies for your own and evetually you would have an awsoem fort wiht sweet defenses and you oculs also go otu and search buildings for supplies and weapons:P BIG idea........ or you could go on single palyer to buld up yourt fort or base and get supplies then take it online with soem ppl to battle another persons fort. it would be in liek downtown of soem place and it would be dark and there would be like cars lit on fire and zombies walking around so you would have to worry aobut you enemies and the zombies:P im a thinker i should copy right this

zdetton

I think you should worry about your spelling before you go trying to copyright a game.

LOL thnks for contributing to the thread, you really helped out with the disscustion by badgering some one with spelling mistakes. liek wow does it really ******* matter how someone spells something. o wait your just a **** who has no imagination and cant think of anything meaning ful to say that could contribute to the thread so he goes around talking aobut peoples spelling......Get a life
NOOB!!!!!
B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 B-bad
[QUOTE="B-bad"][QUOTE="Bgrngod"] No one knew that the DS Brain Age games would drive so many sales. Portable gaming and console gaming are totally different. This is why the PSP is failing as bad as it is.

Bgrngod

The PSP has bridged the gap and shows that a portable can pull off console games ...... games like Syphon Filter Dark Mirror, Tekken Dark Resurrection, Socom Fire Team Bravo, Daxter, Ratchet and Clank Size Matter, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Monster Hunter Freedom, Ace Combat X, Grand Thief Auto all show off what the PSP can do ..... also did you notice that all these were developed for the PSP.

That what Sony need more top notch games developed for the PSP. Upcoming Games like God of War, Silent Hill Origins, FF Crisis Core, Gran Turismo Mobile, Dungeon and Dragon Tactics should help push sales. Oh and by the way why do so many people think the PSP is dead ..... Sure it's not selling like the DS but it is selling and growing in success each day!

Sony is TRYING to change the idea of what portable gaming is, and they are failing because they don't understand what portable gaming is about. You can't just take console games, shrink them down, and expect them to thrive on the portable market. Really did you look at the examples I listed above these could of never been done on a hand-held untill the PSP Portable gaming is, and always will be, a totally different ****then console gaming. Why would anyone bother with a smaller version of a game they can play on a console if that game is better on the console? They wouldn't. They would rather play a unique game that fits a portable. They want an experience they can only get on a portable, or they just won't bother.But It doesn't have to be that way I like what the PSP has done for gaming ....... It really is taking console gaming on the go my personall, Im not home much to enjoy my consoles but I have my PSP with me all the time.

So many people have the wrong idea about portable gaming? You mean the people that actually buy portable systems have the wrong idea?No I meant the gaming media who have set this idea that Hand-held gaming has to be this simple pick up and play thing, there are games like the ones I listed above (and more) that show a console type experience can be had outside the home console market. That makes no sense. Those people ARE the market, and if they don't buy it, then the market doesn't support it. Trying to change people's tastes for what they want in a portable game/console is impossible. They buy what they like, and don't buy what they don't like. They like the DS's games and they don't like the PSP's games. It's that easy. But it's really not ...... there are some like 20million PSP gamers world wide who are enjoying the games psp has to offer.

There was absolutely NO gap separating console games from handheld platforms that Sony needed to bridge. Really have you looked at hand-held gaming before the PSP handheld game were like snes games while consoles were generations ahead PSP brought hand-held gaming closer to console gaming than anyother system before it.In the same sense that there is no gap between handhelds and movies (UMD anyone?). UMD movies weren't a bad idea it failed because companies were trying to flood the market with their whole back catalog for higher than retail value DVD that made that market die out.Niether is selling well because that is not want people want to do with a handheld. PSP is growing in success all the time while it may not be number one in the market it's doing fine..... and with a growing selestion of game the future is looking bright.

Sony desperately needs to learn what portable gaming is about, and get the devs on board as well. Putting a bunch of console games on a handheld will only make your system look like a small console. Anyone looking at getting a DS or a PSP is going to take one look at the PSP and think "If I get a PSP I might as well get a PS2 instead". If they already have a PS2 then the DS clearly is the winner. Not really I have a PSP, PS2, 360, I got the PSP to enjoy the same types of game I play on my PS2 .... developer have to make games with the hardware in mind .... just look at the games I highlighted they did and I look forward to more.

Sony needs WAY more unique games on the PSP, and more of these games need to be "portable centric". That depends on where you think portable gaming should be I look at what the PSP has to offer in the future and I'm liking it.

okay can me a fanboy I enjoy what the PSP has done and continue to do for hand-held gaming Sorry for ranting but it had to be said and now I'm done. Im just looking forward to future games on the PSP and as I said games Like God of War, Crisis Core, D&D tactic, FF Tactic, Crush are look good for the PSP future.;)
Lionheart_VIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lionheart_VIII
Member since 2004 • 195 Posts
hmmmmm I think they'll all help change the image of the psp but also what would help tons is when we can get our ps1 games on our psp legally without a ps2, that was my reason for buying a psp, i wouldnt be suprised if sales were alot better if ports were included
zdetton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 zdetton
[QUOTE="zdetton"][QUOTE="Wielgoz"]

Wielgoz

LOL thnks for contributing to the thread, you really helped out with the disscustion by badgering some one with spelling mistakes. liek wow does it really ******* matter how someone spells something. o wait your just a **** who has no imagination and cant think of anything meaning ful to say that could contribute to the thread so he goes around talking aobut peoples spelling......Get a life
NOOB!!!!!

You're calling me a "noob" when it's obvious you haven't actually read the thread. Go back and read the conversation before you post, then you'll see just how much I have contributed prior to my "badgering".

P.S: The edit was to go back and highlight his spelling errors in his reply to my initial post. 

stubby_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 stubby_01
Member since 2005 • 2731 Posts

That's Easy God of War: Chains of Olypums when that game drops there will be many people getting PSP. B-bad

I have to agree... and the FF games aswell 

Johnny69Bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Johnny69Bravo
Member since 2007 • 55 Posts
they need to do remakes of final fantasy 7-9 because i thought they were kool and to boost the graphics and stuff why don't game makers just put the game on 2 or 3 UMDs much simpler and people don't mind :)
standcm12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 standcm12
Member since 2005 • 1121 Posts
right now the psp has an identity crisis. its trying to be a console with all these sequals to successful franchises, but it really needs game that are more portable and with fresh new ideas, the best game on the psp right now to display these qualities is locoroco. :)
lime05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lime05
Member since 2005 • 98 Posts

FLOW....would be great !.

For many the PSP already has it's "Killer Apps" , most of them were at release date

for many WIPEOUT is considered a absolute MUST no matter what the platform, however that audience are the

20+30's who are into electronic music and graphic design, both these elements merge in WIPEOUT in the most awesome of

ways  hence we go nanna's over it.   Sony Liverpool UK *aka PSYGNOSIS* know this too.

But i mean look around? there are many high-end titles

Tekkon Dark Resurrection  ?

LocoRoco, (original !)  Daxter (damn well done!) , Ridge Racer (we used to pay $2 a go for this game ! in 95, in was one of the very first 3D games to hit the Arcade Malls) , Metal Gear Solid OPs, plus  numerous quality Racers/Sims 

Topmanfaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Topmanfaz

Actually, GOW is rated 18+ which I guess is the same as an A (adult) rating in the american ESRB. However, dont get me wrong, GOW is an awesome game, a masterpiece of the action genre. However, it is too new of a series to become a system seller but mostly because of its rating.

I mean come, if a 14 year old goes to buy a game console with his daddy at the mall one Saturday, which console will appeal to the daddy more; the sexy PSP with the intimidating figure of Kratos holding a knife with all 700 different shades of red stained behind it, or the equally sexy DS with the cute figure of an Italian plumber with a cute mustasche with his fist in the air emblazoned on the side. Dont even the mention the price, thats killing the PSP as it is :(