Please help I cant activate my PS3 system

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wearegold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 wearegold
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
This is what I wrote: "I just thought of something guys. How is it has possible for them to NOT have that code in their system? Codes don't create themselves!! So someone created that code particular code to identify a specific problem. Of if not specific, at least a range of things that associate with that number. So if someone that works for Sony created that number shouldn't it be in their system? And NO its not a new number, do a google on it and you'll see people from september 07 that had that code associated with the game Warhawk when they played online. So if you ask me there is NO excuse for a ps3 specific code to "not be in their system"CustNam
Oh, wow, what a coincidence, i found it really really interesting and I just thought about it for a while! it really was something.
peanut-ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 peanut-ass
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

so this isn't happening to me only then

so does anyone know how to fix this?

im have the same problem with the error code 80029780

after reading all of this i don't think calling sony would do anything to help

CustNam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 CustNam
Member since 2009 • 97 Posts
After 18 days, and 9 calls to Sony mine works now. I didn't do anything different to get it to activate. Just tried it again like I do every day and it worked. The only common thing Ive seen with everyone that said theirs works now is that it seemed to fix itself when the ps3 is turned off and left alone for awhile. For me it took about 24 hours, others took up to 5 days. I know thats a long time, so if you've got any other consoles Id play those for as long as you can hold out, then retry. If not keep calling Sony.
peanut-ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 peanut-ass
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

i tried deactivating al of my other accounts and the all can activate with no problems at all

this is not right

on my main accout has this damnit problem

ill see if do the 24 hr thing would word

urockdef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 urockdef
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts

last night I purchased a video off the psn store. It was the first time I tried buying a video since getting my new ps3 since I sold my other about a year ago on Ebay. After purchasing it I was not able to download it because it said my account was active under on another ps3. I called customer support and they referred me to technical support, and after explaining what happened and why I now have another ps3 he simply deactivated my account on my old ps3. It was very easy and I hope everyone else can get their problems fixed soon. I guess my problem was not the same as many of you and they had encountered it before.

yoshemahino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 yoshemahino
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
ok for all of you that is having these error codes 80029780 then you are in luck. yes talking to sony is a pain in the @$$ but if you know who to talk to then you are good and get all the info you need. i called them up about it and talked to a superviser. i told him about the code and that i am a little PO'ed about it and he put me on hold. i was transfered to another department and was informed that the 80092780 error is due to activating and deactivating 15 times within a week (in short you activate and deactivate 1 each that counts as 2 and get 15 you have to wait). you wait for about a week and the error will disapear and you can then get back on the network and download again. and for some of you that are having issues activating a system because it is saying that there are to many systems on your account call up sony and tell them you want to talk to a superviser. then tell the superviser that you are having issues getting your system up because of the limit and you will need to fax a copy of all your sales recepts to them to show that you had that many systems. (psp and ps3). if you sold them to game stop or eb games then the sales recept will work because there is a S NUM on the recept. that is the system number adn they can pull it up to deactivate all them systems that you dont have. if the system was stolen (like mine) just tell them that and that it was stollen and you dont have a recept because you got it as a gift or something then they will do that as well. i got my psp and ps3 up now and i cant be more happy. i can finaly play all the games that i bought on the network within the past few years. any questions send me a message and i will reply. best of luck to you all Joah AKA Yoshema Hino
yoshemahino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 yoshemahino
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
oh and an easyer to get ahold of sony and do what i did follow this call 1-800-845-SONY then press the option for ps3 (or psp) then press 0 (the hidden option aka operator.teck they will help as well and sometimes better) you will get an agent talk to them or tell them that you need to speak to a manager/supervisor This is always the way i call sony and it helps ALOT
webste2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 webste2r
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
As you know the solution appears to be just wait it out for a few days. For thous who think its a limit of 5 ps3/psps registered under your account your partly right. For me the issue was that i got that message saying so many ps3s were registered to my account so i deactivated my psp and got that error code when trying to activate my ps3. It appears to be some mechinisem that istriggered by reaching that cap of ps3's per account or just a usual thing that occures when a account is deactivated from a system.
andywatson97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 andywatson97
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
custnam, im having the same problem i bought call of duty black ops hardend edition and when i tried to download something i got on a promotion code it said i had to deactivate another ps3 system so i did. then i tried to download it again and it saidan error occurred during the install operation. so i phoned up sony and they said theve never heard of it.im getting realy pissed off. will i just wait?. and keep me updated m8.
Avatar image for BOHelpAssistant
BOHelpAssistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 BOHelpAssistant
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
ok guys i have a solution, well at least it worked for me. READ THE WHOLE MESSAGE. k so on sunday march 5th, i had the same problem you guys are having. and i had gameshared with 5 pple. So, i told 2 of my friends to deeactivate my account and delete the user on their ps3 with my account. it still didnt work. so i waited until wednesday march 8, and my friend whom i didnt gameshare with came to my howz and i dwnloded the map pak frum him) k so as it was dwnlodin, i went to play BO and i automatically recovered my first strike map pak, :D. BUT i still couldnt activvate my account, so i let it dwnload and the nxt day, when i went to my account management>system activation> game>IT WAS ACTIVATED. I dont know how this happened, but im pretty sure that since you downloaded something u alredy purchased , it would reactivate ur account or something like that. but it might have to be from a person u didnt gameshare wit. HOPE THIS HELPED and for those people that are complaining about this, i typed this all on my dualshock 6axise controller so stop whining, we are doing it for your own good. reply and tell me if you tried it BTW, DONT TRY TO CALL SONY, THEY DONT DO **** GAY **** AND DONT TRY TO REEACTIVATE EVERYDAY, IT'LL WORSEN UR SITUATION
Blacktiger_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Blacktiger_10
hello everyone... sorry about posting after 2years of this request ^^ but "BOHelpAssistant" Encouraged me to post the sollution :) t's so easy .. Here is the steps : Account Management -- account information -- sign in ID (E-mail Address) -- enter your password -- Enter another new E-mail. And then go to activate your account, it should be activated, it worked with me. Then go ahead and Download from PS Store worked 100% big Thanks to "CoDxKiller23" (youtube ID)
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts

Your account can only be active on 5 PS3s at once, so you need to make sure he actually deactivated it.

And stop giving out your info willy nilly.

Scianix-Black
when you try to activate the 6th console, it gives you a message stating you may only have 5 active, it doesnt give an error code. This makes me think the problem is somewhere else. Perhaps Sony are having issues with the console activation service, but it definatly gives you an actual message, not an error code.
zhacob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 zhacob
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
hey bro, thank you so so much for this it helped alot. I made an account just to thank you. I LOVE YOU (no homo :)
mobob700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mobob700

its REALLY easy all u have to do is change ur password and email took me only 2 seconds some other forum told me