Playstation Network = A Terrible Hack?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iHustle_iPlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 iHustle_iPlay
Member since 2008 • 148 Posts

I had a PS3 since May of this year following my RROD of my Xbox, and I have to say, I have never had so many problems or lagging games with XBL. Matter of fact, with all these errors, its pushing me towards XBL again...I know this is free, but wow, it makes you wonder why it is...

gashead101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gashead101
Member since 2005 • 1130 Posts
i dont have any problems and i used to have a 360 with XBL................
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Never had any issues and I also had a 360 with LIVE.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
i find it funny when people complain about the PSN when the problem is obviously on their end.
iHustle_iPlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 iHustle_iPlay
My friend said he never had problems either, and I tried to play on his PS3 online, it acted the exact same way mines did. On top of that, that new user agreement and the lack of stable servers for Socom has me very worried about what could happen in the future to the servers for other games...
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

I had a PS3 since May of this year following my RROD of my Xbox, and I have to say, I have never had so many problems or lagging games with XBL. Matter of fact, with all these errors, its pushing me towards XBL again...I know this is free, but wow, it makes you wonder why it is...

iHustle_iPlay

lol...how ya doing mr. new account, stop trolling!!!

iHustle_iPlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 iHustle_iPlay
Glad your ignorant self finds it funny, alot of other people dont.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 emitsu97

My friend said he never had problems either, and I tried to play on his PS3 online, it acted the exact same way mines did. On top of that, that new user agreement and the lack of stable servers for Socom has me very worried about what could happen in the future to the servers for other games...iHustle_iPlay

Thread is starting to smell funny...

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

i find it funny when people complain about the PSN when the problem is obviously on their end.americahellyeah

Very very true.

iHustle_iPlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 iHustle_iPlay

Claims of trolling and self-problems are getting very, very annoying. When someones got a idea thats against a system that someone supports, they immediately spurt out "TROLL!", that being very disgusting, its like they think nothing could ever happen on that system, as if its superior, I had lag problems on XBL too, but its just kinda worrying me.

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MERC_RECONN

i find it funny when people complain about the PSN when the problem is obviously on their end.americahellyeah

All this thread is is flame-bait....

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I have both consoles and aside from the very occasional Warhawk troubles, I've never had any problems with PSN.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 emitsu97

Claims of trolling and self-problems are getting very, very annoying. When someones got a idea thats against a system that someone supports, they immediately spurt out "TROLL!", that being very disgusting, its like they think nothing could ever happen on that system, as if its superior, I had lag problems on XBL too, but its just kinda worrying me.

iHustle_iPlay

It has nothing to do with it being against the PS3 and everything to do with the fact the new User Agreement and SOCOM servers have nothing to do with servers for future games made by other developers. You're stretching for complaints.

iHustle_iPlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iHustle_iPlay
Well let it be, the same people ive seen blast someone with a negative output on the PS3 are on this thread too, so honestly Id appreciate it if people who can help me understand why its doing this be here and the idiots who wont help leave. Maybe its on my end, I hope not, but I have 4 green bars, as say on COD4. I dont get it.
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MERC_RECONN

iHustle_iPlay

well...what games are you SUPPOSEDLY have trouble with..?? lol

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 emitsu97

Well let it be, the same people ive seen blast someone with a negative output on the PS3 are on this thread too, so honestly Id appreciate it if people who can help me understand why its doing this be here and the idiots who wont help leave. Maybe its on my end, I hope not, but I have 4 green bars, as say on COD4. I dont get it.iHustle_iPlay

COD4 is notorious for bad connections. My brother traded it in it was so bad. We both play Warhawk, Burnout, Resistance, R2 BETA, and he plays MGO with no issues.

iHustle_iPlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 iHustle_iPlay
I truly apologize if I came off as a troll, but im really not, im just very agitated. I was kinda pissed when I wrote the tite, so excuse me lol. But honestly, I have Socom, and its horrible, COD4, cant ever find gamers online. But I can get online. GTA4 is the only game I really havent lagged on.
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MERC_RECONN

Well let it be, the same people ive seen blast someone with a negative output on the PS3 are on this thread too, so honestly Id appreciate it if people who can help me understand why its doing this be here and the idiots who wont help leave. Maybe its on my end, I hope not, but I have 4 green bars, as say on COD4. I dont get it.iHustle_iPlay

Did I hurt you feelings...??? I'm sorry:cry:

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
considering an update BROKE xbl, id take psn anyday of the week.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 emitsu97

I truly apologize if I came off as a troll, but im really not, im just very agitated. I was kinda pissed when I wrote the tite, so excuse me lol. But honestly, I have Socom, and its horrible, COD4, cant ever find gamers online. But I can get online. GTA4 is the only game I really havent lagged on.iHustle_iPlay

SOCOM and COD4 are tops for server connection problems. Everything else is cool.

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts

I truly apologize if I came off as a troll, but im really not, im just very agitated. I was kinda pissed when I wrote the tite, so excuse me lol. But honestly, I have Socom, and its horrible, COD4, cant ever find gamers online. But I can get online. GTA4 is the only game I really havent lagged on.iHustle_iPlay

wow, its 100% your problem then cisidering ive NEVER failed to find a game on cod. literally never.

iHustle_iPlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 iHustle_iPlay
Anyways...um, what update on xbl? What are you talking about?
iHustle_iPlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 iHustle_iPlay

And also, people say when you play others, when they have a bad connection, sometimes it can effect you? {true?}

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MERC_RECONN

Dude...if you are telling the truth,it's definitely something on your end. I play COD4 every night for at least an hour...I have not had any issues with lag.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 emitsu97

And also, people say when you play others, when they have a bad connection, sometimes it can effect you? {true?}

iHustle_iPlay

If they're the host. Or trying to hit someone that's lag blinking.

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 americahellyeah

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]i find it funny when people complain about the PSN when the problem is obviously on their end.WR_Platinum

Very very true.

They should make a sticky for PSN problems or something.

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]i find it funny when people complain about the PSN when the problem is obviously on their end.MERC_RECONN

All this thread is is flame-bait....

of course it is... just because OP doesn't know how to work his router he thinks the PSN is broken :lol:
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MERC_RECONN

[QUOTE="iHustle_iPlay"]I truly apologize if I came off as a troll, but im really not, im just very agitated. I was kinda pissed when I wrote the tite, so excuse me lol. But honestly, I have Socom, and its horrible, COD4, cant ever find gamers online. But I can get online. GTA4 is the only game I really havent lagged on.shabab12

wow, its 100% your problem then cisidering ive NEVER failed to find a game on cod. literally never.

same here...that's why I find this thread very hard to believe....but if he is ligit....I truly apologize and would really like to help him.

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="shabab12"]

[QUOTE="iHustle_iPlay"]I truly apologize if I came off as a troll, but im really not, im just very agitated. I was kinda pissed when I wrote the tite, so excuse me lol. But honestly, I have Socom, and its horrible, COD4, cant ever find gamers online. But I can get online. GTA4 is the only game I really havent lagged on.MERC_RECONN

same here...that's why I find this thread very hard to believe....but if he is ligit....I truly apologize and would really like to help him.

ditto... i've played all hours of the night and never had trouble finding a game. and Socom's server issues are well known and a patch is on the way.
iHustle_iPlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 iHustle_iPlay

I wish ignorance wasnt as bliss, americahellyeah, I know how to fix computers and I work on online servers. I just didnt think Id have to do it for my PS3 cuz I felt Sony would do a better job than MS. I also use to run my xbox through my laptop. Im also not a new user lol, I had made this new name with a new email to get a new look, I also have 2 other names, 1 being from 2004.

iHustle_iPlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 iHustle_iPlay
Well I appreciate yall 2 lol, I know how trolling is, I am not a troll. I use to watch others be one though. I really wish to seek help, or I feel like im going back to XBL. I kinda miss Halo 3 and my old friends. But Sony has outdone themselves with how good the system works.
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MERC_RECONN

I wish ignorance wasnt as bliss, americahellyeah, I know how to fix computers and I work on online servers. I just didnt think Id have to do it for my PS3 cuz I felt Sony would do a better job than MS. I also use to run my xbox through my laptop. Im also not a new user lol, I had made this new name with a new email to get a new look, I also have 2 other names, 1 being from 2004.

iHustle_iPlay

Don't insult my little bro...sarcasm runs in our family!! lol....anyway, as I said before if you are telling the truth I truly apologize but I think it has to be something on your end. Maybe you need to update your router....I have 3 laptops, my 360,PS3 and an Itouch all working fine on a wireless network. I have no problems on the psn or xbl.

Pezhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pezhead
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts

The only time I have experienced lag was on Team Fortress when alot of people are running around.

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MERC_RECONN

On your opinion, which do you like more, your xbox or ps3?iHustle_iPlay

To be honest, I have equal love for both. It's like having 2 girlfriends....when you get bored with 1 you just hook-up with the other!!! lol

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

By what you describe here you are having a connection problem. We all know socom is horrible, perhaps you haven't read the review. When you can't find games in cod4 or you are having lag, again connection problems, probably your router.

iHustle_iPlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 iHustle_iPlay
LOL at Mercs, I heard that man. Ay add me - Free2DissU & KungFuCleetus. Either one.
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MERC_RECONN

LOL at Mercs, I heard that man. Ay add me - Free2DissU & KungFuCleetus. Either one.iHustle_iPlay

ok...cool and sorry for calling you a troll!!! lol....well kinda!!! lol

theking85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 theking85
Member since 2008 • 74 Posts

I think it boils down to this.... If your internet connection is good, you wont have problems.

If your internet connection sucks... you will have problems on PSN.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

Well I appreciate yall 2 lol, I know how trolling is, I am not a troll. I use to watch others be one though. I really wish to seek help, or I feel like im going back to XBL. I kinda miss Halo 3 and my old friends. But Sony has outdone themselves with how good the system works.iHustle_iPlay

Quick word of advice. If you're having a problem or problems, be sure to explicitly state what the problem you're having is. Starting a thread and ranting and raving about problem after problem without actually stating one does stink of troll jelly.

With that said, welcome aboard the uhh....boards. lol As emitsu said COD4 and SOCOM have lag issues, as does Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (I noticed no one brought that one up), but games like Warhawk, Burnout, and others run silky smooth.

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
Never experienced any problems, and since some PS3 games use dedicated servers there shouldnt be a problem.
Avatar image for ColdfireTrilogy
ColdfireTrilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 ColdfireTrilogy
Member since 2005 • 4911 Posts
Then be worried wtf is the point of your post iPlay???? we obviously don't care so go somewhere else with this stuff.
felixzelphyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 felixzelphyn
Member since 2005 • 176 Posts
If you're having issues with COD4 online play, I'd suggest you look into your ISP's terms and see if they allow all BitTorrent traffic, as COD4 primarily uses BitTorrent to transfer information between PS3's rather than HTTP. Also you'd need to make sure your router has all the ports open that an online game needs to access otherwise you'll have severe ingame lag, disconnections, etc.
I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 I_pWnzz_YoU
Member since 2007 • 6032 Posts

I'm not having any problems with it.

Oohh wait you must be a troll. Well heres a cookie for trying.

I'm sorry I couldn't resist... Chocolate chips *drools*

iHustle_iPlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 iHustle_iPlay
If you dont care Coldfire, why in the hell did you waste "time" posting to my questions? LOL
B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#45 B-bad
Member since 2002 • 5705 Posts

PSN works fine but game servers are on the developers, for the most part they work fine but there are games with lag it just part of gaming on the net. on your side check your router's firewall to see if it's blocking port needed for gameplay, try sticking to playing games with others who have a good connection rate.

Never really had a problem finding a match on cod4 so maybe it's the match type you're picking, team matches are usually alway full of others playing.

Socom may just be a server issue it's a hot game with tons of people playing.

Lagg is a part of online gaming that everybody hate!

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts

iHustle_iPlay

No we don't immediately spurt out troll, but the thing is A LOT of us don't have any problems regarding lagging or issues with PSN, most of us are quite content with it, I know I am. I don't own a 360, but I've played online with one on my friends XBL, and I honestly haven't seen a difference between lagging and what not, only real difference is everyone has a mic, and sometimes I wish they didn't.

So maybe the claims of self-problems have some validity to them, because whenever someone comes on the board with PSN issues, it usually is there problem, either with their connection or with a router problem or a port problem.

RobNBankz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RobNBankz
Member since 2008 • 483 Posts

I have not yet gotten lag. That was the reason why I decided to get multiplayer games on my PS3 instead. I like to call them Lag of War and Laglo 3, two great games but they were just ridiculous. Even in Halo I would select "Good Connection" and I would still get yellow dots. (For those who don't know, yellow dots in Halo 3 is nearly unplayable, red dots is completely unplayable)

charx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 charx2
Member since 2004 • 203 Posts
The only problem i've ever had with psn was with cod4, which was cod4 fault not psn, i have never had a problem with psn at all. It's worked perfect for me so far
muppetpornstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 muppetpornstar
Member since 2003 • 165 Posts

when you make several posts about the same thing you come off like a troll , its not just this thread

LoZonedOut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LoZonedOut
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts
i have never had any problems with lag unless it was self inflicted by surfing web in same room at same time. this is more bogus crap from people. PSN and Live are essentially the same.