Playing Import Games on PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shigroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Shigroth
Member since 2004 • 73 Posts

So one of the main reasons I bought a PS3 was to all the Japanese games I have been waiting to play on my PS2. PS3 was supposed to be totally region free but after buying my first import I realized it was still region locked to PS2 games. So now I am faced with the only way of playing imports is buying a mod chip for another $60 and installing it into a PS2 that is probably on its last legs. I just find it incrediblly hilarious that my region free PS3 that is made by a Japanese company doesnt play Japanese PS2 games, thanks Sony.

Any advice on some good mod chips by anyone? lol Also what are the best DVDr's to burn games on? lol I figure I might as well just make copies of the games I would normally buy to replace the money from my pocket do something that my new PS3 was supposed to already do.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
Just to let u know dude that it has been confirmed for a great while that PS3 only plays PS3 import games. Not to diss you dude, but you should do your research before thorwing away $.
wantedman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wantedman123
Member since 2005 • 124 Posts
hurry delete ur msg as soon as possible as those chips are forbidden here
dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts

So one of the main reasons I bought a PS3 was to all the Japanese games I have been waiting to play on my PS2. PS3 was supposed to be totally region free but after buying my first import I realized it was still region locked to PS2 games. So now I am faced with the only way of playing imports is buying a mod chip for another $60 and installing it into a PS2 that is probably on its last legs. I just find it incrediblly hilarious that my region free PS3 that is made by a Japanese company doesnt play Japanese PS2 games, thanks Sony.

Any advice on some good mod chips by anyone? lol Also what are the best DVDr's to burn games on? lol I figure I might as well just make copies of the games I would normally buy to replace the money from my pocket do something that my new PS3 was supposed to already do.

Shigroth

Wow. I see you aren't exactly a law abiding citizen.

1) The PS3 was never going to be region free for PS and PS2 games. You should have done some research

2) Modding your PS2 to play import games is illegal.

3) Burning games to other disks to make money is also illegal, obviously.

Shigroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shigroth

Geez, apparently alot of people here have zero sense of humors. I guess those lols after talking about modding and burning didnt tip you off huh? Oh well.

As for the PS3 being comfirmed to not be able to play PS2 games I have had my PS3 since launch. During launch the PS3 was being hailed as completely region free. Why would I look it up when it was said to be region free.

oh_its_on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 oh_its_on
Member since 2004 • 248 Posts
[QUOTE="Shigroth"]

dewmandew7

Wow. I see you aren't exactly a law abiding citizen.

1) The PS3 was never going to be region free for PS and PS2 games. You should have done some research

2) Modding your PS2 to play import games is illegal.

3) Burning games to other disks to make money is also illegal, obviously.

quick pretend your australian, its not illegal hear

fatboy145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fatboy145
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Another thing to throw a spanner in the works. I have a HK PS3 as I could not wait and a PAL Resistance Fall of Man. Problem is, when I want to play friends online, my PS3 goes off to the other side of the world and I can only play the asians online.

How poo is that.

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts

:lol: I like the Australian joke. :lol:

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts

Another thing to throw a spanner in the works. I have a HK PS3 as I could not wait and a PAL Resistance Fall of Man. Problem is, when I want to play friends online, my PS3 goes off to the other side of the world and I can only play the asians online.

How poo is that.

fatboy145

That is problematic, I guess you should either get the Platinum version of Resistance, so you can play with your current friends, or make try and make some new Asian friends.

trudefisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 trudefisk
Member since 2004 • 496 Posts
Ey, I have a question toO! :D if i import a game will i be able to play it online with my EU/US friends? or not play it online at all? Anyone tried this?:)
bsin94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bsin94
Member since 2005 • 1497 Posts

Geez, apparently alot of people here have zero sense of humors. I guess those lols after talking about modding and burning didnt tip you off huh? Oh well.

As for the PS3 being comfirmed to not be able to play PS2 games I have had my PS3 since launch. During launch the PS3 was being hailed as completely region free. Why would I look it up when it was said to be region free.

Shigroth

I'm sorry, but you were misinformed. The PS3 is only region free for PS3 games, nothing else.

Shigroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shigroth
Haha nice AU joke. Yeah I know it sucks but not a huge deal I guess. I was just pissed at the moment because I was really looking forward to playing some King of Collessum. I guess I will just pray for a firmware update that lets me play imports.
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts

Shigroth
It was never hailed as being completely region free.
d3cus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 d3cus
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts

hurry delete ur msg as soon as possible as those chips are forbidden herewantedman123

ghaha is it really?

Hoffman-Hansen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hoffman-Hansen
Member since 2006 • 446 Posts
Ey, I have a question toO! :D if i import a game will i be able to play it online with my EU/US friends? or not play it online at all? Anyone tried this?:)trudefisk

Answer him! (I want to know to)
bsin94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bsin94

[QUOTE="trudefisk"]Ey, I have a question toO! :D if i import a game will i be able to play it online with my EU/US friends? or not play it online at all? Anyone tried this?:)Hoffman-Hansen

Answer him! (I want to know to)

I'm not sure, but to be on the safe side, I would only import games that solely focus on offline gameplay (single player and offline multiplayer).

bsin94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bsin94

Haha nice AU joke. Yeah I know it sucks but not a huge deal I guess. I was just pissed at the moment because I was really looking forward to playing some King of Collessum. I guess I will just pray for a firmware update that lets me play imports.Shigroth

I don't think that Sony is ever going to release a firmware update for BC for other regions. Sorry.

cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts

How poo is that.

fatboy145
i was in the same boat so i sold my HK ps3 and got a UK 1