Pixel Junk Monsters is addicting

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 vegetattack15
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts

I literally just had to tear myself away because I'm getting dizzy staring at the screen so long. This game is awesome.

I am stuck on the last part on easy, (the one with the gazillion spiders) I keep trying to use the flame towers, but the best I have done is to get to 19. Any advice?

candid_llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 candid_llama
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts
not yet, im stilling waiting to buy it.
ENIXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ENIXMAN
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts

Does this game support any online multi-player?

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vegetattack15

Does this game support any online multi-player?

ENIXMAN

No, just with the buddy sitting next to you. The only thing online in this game is the scores.

It is a whole lot of fun though.

Vojkan80001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 Vojkan80001
Member since 2005 • 3621 Posts
Guys at 1UP show had only positive words to say about it.
ENIXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ENIXMAN
Ack, sorry to hear no only-play. I was really thinking about getting this game.
PrimordialMeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PrimordialMeme
Member since 2007 • 1279 Posts

looks like a flash game you'd find on a free games site, not something to buy on PSN

but i'll download the demo i suppose, edit oh wait there is none?

ENIXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ENIXMAN

looks like a flash game you'd find on a free games site, not something to buy on PSN

but i'll download the demo i suppose

PrimordialMeme

Bah, theres' a DEMO?!

PrimordialMeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PrimordialMeme
Member since 2007 • 1279 Posts
[QUOTE="PrimordialMeme"]

ENIXMAN

Bah, theres' a DEMO?!

i just edited my post right before you replied, no there isn't one cuz i just checked

i thought there was for some reason, there is no way i'd get this game on blind faith it looks boring

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vegetattack15
[QUOTE="PrimordialMeme"]

ENIXMAN

Bah, theres' a DEMO?!

No, there's a video.

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vegetattack15
[QUOTE="ENIXMAN"][QUOTE="PrimordialMeme"]

PrimordialMeme

Bah, theres' a DEMO?!

i just edited my post right before you replied, no there isn't one cuz i just checked

i thought there was for some reason, there is no way i'd get this game on blind faith it looks boring

If you think your not going to like it before you even try it, chances are you probably won't like it. I like these types of games (where do you catagorize these, strategy?) so I went in with a positive attitude and I'm happy with what I got.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

To the people looking for a demo, there is one up on the JPN Playstation Store. I played it yesterday and that's how I decided I wanted to buy it.

Great game by the way. Very addicting and a great price, too.

joker_is_now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 joker_is_now
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts

HI

ENIXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ENIXMAN

They're called "Defense" games.

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

Yup there is a demo in the JPN store like nyc05 said and its in English so no need to worry about the language barrier.

I bought it aswell :)

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

To the people looking for a demo, there is one up on the JPN Playstation Store. I played it yesterday and that's how I decided I wanted to buy it.

nyc05
Hey man I trust you nyc05, are you willing to share it with me? I have a lot of stuff I'm willing to trade such as Calling all Cars, mk2, castlevania, wipeout, and motorstorm bundles. On a side note have you friended me yet, i see your posts a lot and have mad respect for you.
Burninator3633

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Burninator3633
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts

I literally just had to tear myself away because I'm getting dizzy staring at the screen so long. This game is awesome.

I am stuck on the last part on easy, (the one with the gazillion spiders) I keep trying to use the flame towers, but the best I have done is to get to 19. Any advice?

vegetattack15

To beat it i just put a couple cannons near the base then i just put a crap load of arrow things every where else. I also used the flame towers. I put one at the base and the other ones near the entrances.

candid_llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 candid_llama
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts
NOICE. ill buy it soon after i dl the demo off of Japans PSN.
Burninator3633

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Burninator3633
this game taught me how to dance
Burninator3633

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Burninator3633
bump
WongB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WongB
Member since 2004 • 1701 Posts

I bought this around 5 PM on thursday, and I had a friend over so we played co-op. we got through to Medium 3 and couldn't get any further. It wasn't until later that I realized that you had to research to open different types of towers lol.
Somehow still got up to there with just arrows, cannons, and AA guns.
Once the bee's came, you definitely need laser to kill them. And green shielded enemies need flame thrower.

There is a demo on the japanese store. Highly addictive, especially co-op.

BonoBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BonoBoy
Member since 2002 • 587 Posts

I bought this around 5 PM on thursday, and I had a friend over so we played co-op. we got through to Medium 3 and couldn't get any further. It wasn't until later that I realized that you had to research to open different types of towers lol.

WongB

That's really impressive you made it that far withjust those towers...I LOVE THIS GAME!

ScottEFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ScottEFresh
Member since 2003 • 1574 Posts

nyc05

Ahh thanks for the heads up man, I was really wanting to try before I buy. The game looks really cool and I've heard good things so if I like the demo then I'm definitely going to give her a purchase. Would be sweet if the game had online though.

WongB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 WongB
[QUOTE="WongB"]

BonoBoy

That's really impressive you made it that far withjust those towers...I LOVE THIS GAME!

Yea I later watched the "How to play" tutorial on the menu and I was enlightened. I knew something was wrong because those green shielded enemies weren't dying to fully upgraded arrows and cannons. Can't wait to play more. Definitely one of the better PSN titles. Also Co-op tower defense is amazing as you guys coordinate and do less running around.
Durkoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Durkoki
Member since 2007 • 353 Posts
I'm thinking of buying it, but is there some endless wave mode or anything? Because I love those, or is there just the 20 levels? BTW, graphics look nice to me.
gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts

I'm thinking of buying it, but is there some endless wave mode or anything? Because I love those, or is there just the 20 levels? BTW, graphics look nice to me.Durkoki

Same question, this game got length to it or just replay value?

Durkoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Durkoki
Member since 2007 • 353 Posts
Oh, I dunno if this has been posted, but it has remote play which is cool, and I've only seen 2 reviews for it so far, and they're both 8's
MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MiiforWii
Member since 2007 • 1012 Posts

nyc05

Agreed. Its a great game.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
Im waiting for pre-paid PSN cards because PJM looks like the Defense games in Starcraft and Warcraft and those are very very addicting especially when you play with others. I don't know if PJM allows you to play online with others but defense games are fun:D
WongB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WongB

I'm thinking of buying it, but is there some endless wave mode or anything? Because I love those, or is there just the 20 levels? BTW, graphics look nice to me.Durkoki

I haven't gotten too far...maybe like 7 levels in or so. but they normally come in different waves. Sometimes they come from different directions. One map had 20 waves of just fast spiders and they came from all sides. The art style is great and I'm having a very fun time with it.

Avatar image for TOTAL_DEFENSE_0
TOTAL_DEFENSE_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31 TOTAL_DEFENSE_0
Member since 2007 • 1192 Posts
i took the advice and downloaded the Japan store demo. wow. i had to go out and buy this game after playing it. by far, the best PSN game so far. Better than Stardust. hopefully they will add custom soundtracks like Stardust though. that would be awesome.
fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#32 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
[QUOTE="PrimordialMeme"]

ENIXMAN

Bah, theres' a DEMO?!

there's a japanese demo, so technically you could get a taste of the gameplay even though you wouldn't be able to understand much else
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 vegetattack15
[QUOTE="vegetattack15"]

Burninator3633

To beat it i just put a couple cannons near the base then i just put a crap load of arrow things every where else. I also used the flame towers. I put one at the base and the other ones near the entrances.

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Gimli87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gimli87
Member since 2004 • 85 Posts
Just use arrow towers in the spider level. I got that level perfect on first try so it is a good plan.
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vegetattack15

Just use arrow towers in the spider level. I got that level perfect on first try so it is a good plan.Gimli87

I must just be trying to be too elaborate, I've been trying to get flame towers as quick as possible and put em everywhere. I'll try the arrows next.

HamandBeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HamandBeans
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts

nyc05

I did the same thing. But Sony really should make these demos available for all. I would never have bought it without a bit of a test drive first. On the other hand...nice on Sony for demos like DMC4 and The Club that don't require a paid account like the other system.

HamandBeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HamandBeans
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts

there's a japanese demo, so technically you could get a taste of the gameplay even though you wouldn't be able to understand much elsefmobliv06

The demo from the Japanese store is in English.

WongB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 WongB

Yea I heard the Japanese version had an option to make it all english...so what took it an extra month to get to the rest of the world?

Btw Vegetattack15, fully upgraded arrows can almost do 1 hit kills. I think black flag ones can. Cannons work well when they are tightly packed (like near the beginning when they first come). Then arrows after cannons to pick off the scraps that make it through the cannon fire.

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 vegetattack15

Yea I heard the Japanese version had an option to make it all english...so what took it an extra month to get to the rest of the world?

Btw Vegetattack15, fully upgraded arrows can almost do 1 hit kills. I think black flag ones can. Cannons work well when they are tightly packed (like near the beginning when they first come). Then arrows after cannons to pick off the scraps that make it through the cannon fire.

WongB

Cool, I really am not very good at this game, but it is a lot of fun anyway. I guess that just means I'll get more hours out of it, lol.

WongB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 WongB

PSU just rated PixelJunk Monsters with a 9/10

Heres the review if you want to learn more about this game.
http://www.psu.com/PixelJunk-Monsters-review-Review--a0002549-p0.php
Also you can get the Japanese demo to see it in action. (Don't Worry, there is an option for english)

ScottEFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ScottEFresh
I bought the game the other night and it's AWESOME! Really is addicting and fun to play. One thing I think it's missing though is custom soundtrack. Superstar Dust HD demo had that so they should put it in this game.
trininuyawka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 trininuyawka
Member since 2005 • 165 Posts

Simple yet so effective. Do not underestimate this game! It is very challenging in that you need a perfect score to get rainbows to open other parts of the map. Some people may say it is frustrating but strategy games is all about learning what works via trial and error. First being able to pass the level. Then trying to pass it with no villagers killed. Trying different towers in different locations. Anticipating in the lower left what wave is coming next and getting towers and upgrades in place to deal with it. The odd part is as challenging as the game may be, it's fun and addictive! Not too many things in life give you so much fun for a measly $8 bucks.

Haven't tried co-op yet. And is it just me or is the ice tower worthless?

WongB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 WongB
I haven't really used them...
Do ice towers even do damage or just slow them down?
alpax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 alpax
Member since 2006 • 696 Posts

Simple yet so effective. Do not underestimate this game! It is very challenging in that you need a perfect score to get rainbows to open other parts of the map. Some people may say it is frustrating but strategy games is all about learning what works via trial and error. First being able to pass the level. Then trying to pass it with no villagers killed. Trying different towers in different locations. Anticipating in the lower left what wave is coming next and getting towers and upgrades in place to deal with it. The odd part is as challenging as the game may be, it's fun and addictive! Not too many things in life give you so much fun for a measly $8 bucks.

trininuyawka

I totally agree with what you said about this game, I could not have said it any better.

I feel that the Ice and Hive Towers are so worthless. There needs to be more variety in that game, as there are too many ground only towers.

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 vegetattack15
Stuck on Med. 4, I can get to the boss but seem unable to take him down with just 4 trees available, any advice?
av10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 av10
Member since 2006 • 1002 Posts
how do you go on the JPN PSN to get the demo?
ScottEFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ScottEFresh

how do you go on the JPN PSN to get the demo?av10

Search Japanes PSN account on google and follow instructions.

Burninator3633

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Burninator3633
[QUOTE="trininuyawka"]

alpax

I totally agree with what you said about this game, I could not have said it any better.

I feel that the Ice and Hive Towers are so worthless. There needs to be more variety in that game, as there are too many ground only towers.

The hive towers arent worthless. They have the best range and they can attack ground and air enemies.

MonkaTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#49 MonkaTG
Member since 2006 • 2596 Posts
any reviews in on this yet? ive heard some good things but for the most part ive been disappointed wit the downloadable games...
BonoBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BonoBoy
Member since 2002 • 587 Posts
I know it is only January but I think that PJM is gonna be a serious contender at year's end in '08 for downloadable game of the year...the more I play it the more I appreciate it. It's been said here previously very well...simple but effective. A deceptive little game that will keep you at it for hours...the value to price ratio is laughable...this is a great value. Buy it now if you haven't!