Name things Sony must do to stay ahead of Xbox one

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts

@ewalthour: I really don't see the appeal with talking to your console, when you can just use your fingers to do it quicker.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#52 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

@christianrho: They could fight with fire there. Sony does have better exclusives. And if they cut deals and what not, people would be more apt to buy a ps4 than a x1.

profanityVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 profanityVP
Member since 2005 • 393 Posts

xbox live gives u games to keep,

whereas psn lends games to you, whilst your subscribed to their payed service,

its two different things,

although the games are newer on xbox they are not yours to keep, their yours to play as long as you are a subscriber,

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

@profanityVP said:

although the games are newer on xbox they are not yours to keep, their yours to play as long as you are a subscriber,

which is pretty much forever now... since you have to be a subscriber to play online....

not sure what point you are trying to make here.....

zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#55 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts

Keep paying Naughty Dog employees !!! Really !!!

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I hate all this xbox one is stiff competition because they will have killer "apps" seriously i want a games console, i have a phone for apps, i have a smart tv for things, i have cable (virgin media) which has a tivo box which allows me to record tv, i don't need another machine which can do them averagely as i already have the best for the needs of them. games are what i want, and sony delivers on unqiue and blockbuster exclusives, microsoft is all about making money in my eyes.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

While I do agree that Skype on the PS4 would be nice (they have it on the Vita, so I don't think it would be such a huge problem to get it onto the PS4 as well), I really don't think it's necessary. I already have Skype on my phone, laptop and Vita and I'm sure many others also have a multitude of devices that run this app.

For the rest, Sony really doesn't need to do much. In my book, the system menu is already better, games install much quicker, Sony finally got cross game chat / party chat working whilst MS found a way to break a working system, etc etc.

I don't need the PS4 to do what the Xbox does. If that was the case, I'd have gotten an Xbox.
Playstation has always been the platform with the most attractive exclusives for me, I don't think that will be any different this generation. That should be the most important factor when deciding which console you buy, cause in the end you just wanna play good games on it.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@profanityVP said:

Xbox live does not, you have to pay for xbox live gold and the worst thing is, xbox requires you to have xbox live gold to use any service which requires online whereas sony does not.

for me sony has won hands down for my hard earned cash, better exclusives, better menu layout for me (i have a windows phone and i hate it)

just everything is better, and they can say what they will now but truth is that GDDR5 ram will show off the graphics later on and will show xbox one up so badly because of the speed of it, will work so much better

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#59 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

If Sony just stays focused on the games. Bringing great games to Playstation 4. Then Sony will stay ahead of MS. Whom want to conquer the living room with non gaming features. If Sony just continues to bring games to PS4 than they should easily beat Xbox one. It is about the games that will win this generation.

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

Japanese support.

I think that goes without saying though. heh

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

A few more "must have" exclusives is all PS4 needs in my eyes, and of course to keep the focus on gaming.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#62 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Why does it matter to you so much if they are ahead? Who cares who 'wins'?

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#63  Edited By supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

@bleekz said:

PSN justifying paying $50? How about the free games they give you with every collection, unlike XBLA they actually give you games that came out within the same year plus deals on PSN and indie games.

Those games aren't free, they're rentals

true, but given you need to have psn+ to pay online, they essentially may be free

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#64  Edited By supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

also, exclusives. lots of exclusives.

considering they're becoming less and less and they're graphically the same, that's the only real incentive

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

If Sony can keep the PS4 $100 lesss than X1 all gen that should be enough to stay ahead in sales.

RAGEofSTUNTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 RAGEofSTUNTS
Member since 2010 • 733 Posts

@ewalthour said:

So far i think Sony exclusive launch games and the near further will be superior to Xbox One and the rest of the great games will be shared amongst each platform anyway. I love my PS4 and its way better for the price and for what it offers than PS3 but the competition is very stiff with Xbox one.

Sony must make the camera a feature item worth buying with constant free games in the Playroom.

Allow us to have wallpapers, different colors besides the blue background or just customize our PS4 in general.

Give us the Patch for using our headsets wirelessly, MP3 and CD player functionality

Only things they really need.

If they start focusing too much on the camera it will just be like the kinect scenario, and I can totally do without Sony forcing the feature into every exclusive.

More actual games please.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@ewalthour: Release quality exclusive games in a timely manner. Fix PSN and add more dedicated cloud servers.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#68 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

In simple terms, provide gamers with quality experiences; quality games (exclusives in particular), better and more network services etc.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

PS4 is already superior as a gaming console so as it is it will always be superior to Xbone. Xbone doesn't offer anything comparable as far as graphics. Even Forza 5 the more I play it I notice the graphics are barely next gen. I expected much more for the money. PS4 will prove to offer what we expect for years to come. That GGDR5! As always Sony knew what they were doing.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

Nothing fancy, really. Just more or less common sense.

1. Increase production to get it into as many hands as possible

2. Ensure the H/W is relieable

3. Games. make them. make a variety of them.

4. Get some great, new IPs

5. Add some more value to PSN+

6. Somewhat a random thought, but a space combat game that integrates with the new PS Camera/controller could be awesome, if done right and marketed well! (think a ship roughly shaped somewhat similar to the controller)