MGS4 / MGO Beta Discussion - ALL discussion kept here

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fitipali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Fitipali
Member since 2003 • 424 Posts
[QUOTE="Fitipali"]

So i heard that Oficially Metal Gear Solid Online will come in June 12, that means that the game will be purchased via PSN? because i haven´t seen any 'case' of that game online, and from what i know, MGS4 comes just with the ''starter pack''

thoughts?

MiiforWii

Read up!

The "starter pack" is MGO.

EDIT:

Here's what you need to know:

"The MGO "Starter Pack" that comes with MGS4 (all configurations, detailed above) is a full-fledged, fully-featured multiplayer component of MGS4. It is not a "demo" or "teaser" in any way, as some have speculated. It comes packed with maps, weapons/items, an in-depth character creator – where your character can be personalized, and most importantly, customized – with special abilities that can be "leveled" and improved through experience, the SOP system, and much more. There will also be an extremely deep community experience through a specialized portal that will feature stats, communication, and other never before seen features - which we'll dig into at a later date…

So, you may be wondering why we call it a "Starter Pack", well, the answer is very simple: because it's just the beginning. We have a huge slate of downloadable content planned for the game which encompasses new maps, weapons/items, and much more. Eurogamer has a fantastic preview up, which is a great primer on MGO, and details some of the unique features that show why it's not just another shooter…

But, of course, if you're one of the lucky few, you'll be able to get your hands on the MGO Beta in just a couple of weeks (April 21st 2008 – May 5th 2008), and see for yourself!"

Thats right from Konami.

Wow man thank you so much!!!!! you totally took that doubt out of me like a magician, now i'm really glad that is the full game *phew* that's why i was finding nonsense to playing the beta and then the 'starter pack' , i'm downloading the beta :D

Thanks again man YOU ROCK MIIFORWII!

MGSPsycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 MGSPsycho
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I tried to download the beta. I got a 9 digit code. I'm pissed. I'm gonna go jump off a bridge now. (Not really. Don't send the police.) But all the excitement I had for this just got sucked out and left me empty. :(
hustler_151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 hustler_151
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts

I tried to download the beta. I got a 9 digit code. I'm pissed. I'm gonna go jump off a bridge now. (Not really. Don't send the police.) But all the excitement I had for this just got sucked out and left me empty. :(MGSPsycho

it happened to you too? i feel slightly better knowing someone feels my pain

adriansj6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 adriansj6
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts
anyone experiancing trouble downloading the update?
MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 MiiforWii
Member since 2007 • 1012 Posts

Why is the Konami thing down? I tried to sign up for the name thingy, but it's not working on PSN. Anyone know anything about it?RMANPOWER

I am still downloading, but I think what you're talking about is the fact that you can't log it. Maybe? If so, then we wont be able to till the 21st. :(

We can just download it now.

Delsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Delsage
Member since 2004 • 3355 Posts

Gah! First it was the dang Update that took about 8 hours to download, now I am having problems creating that dang Konami ID because of all the people logging onto it.

It's like Konami is just looking down laughing at the little ants rushing to get the cake crums they dropped in to have a little fun.

I JUST WANT MY ID. :(

MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MiiforWii

Konami cant make a decent websiteavataraang1

Yeah... I noticed it was a little quirky...

MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 MiiforWii

Gah! First it was the dang Update that took about 8 hours to download, now I am having problems creating that dang Konami ID because of all the people logging onto it.

It's like Konami is just looking down laughing at the little ants rushing to get the cake crums they dropped in to have a little fun.

I JUST WANT MY ID. :(

Delsage

Ouch man, that a bit hard on Konami. ;)

Yeah, I am glad I got my ID a few days ago to be prepared. Even then, it was slow.

EDIT:

8 hours?!?! Wow, I downloaded the beta in like an hour, and now I am at 25% for the update and I have been downlaoding that for about half an hour.

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#59 RMANPOWER
Member since 2007 • 2734 Posts

[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]Why is the Konami thing down? I tried to sign up for the name thingy, but it's not working on PSN. Anyone know anything about it?MiiforWii

I am still downloading, but I think what you're talking about is the fact that you can't log it. Maybe? If so, then we wont be able to till the 21st. :(

I'm trying to get the Konami ID, but it won't let me.

I went to the website on PSN, but after I filled out the stuff (Birthday and Location, I think there was something else, but forgot lol) I tried to hit Next, but nothing worked. So, do I have to wait on the 21st to make one or is there another way around this?

MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 MiiforWii
[QUOTE="MiiforWii"]

[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]Why is the Konami thing down? I tried to sign up for the name thingy, but it's not working on PSN. Anyone know anything about it?RMANPOWER

I went to the website on PSN, but after I filled out the stuff (Birthday and Location, I think there was something else, but forgot lol) I tried to hit Next, but nothing worked. So, do I have to wait on the 21st to make one or is there another way around this?

Uh, no. We can make our IDs now. Well, we "should" be able to. I got mine a few days ago, but I guess the site is pretty crowded right now.

Oh, and just a tip, when I got my IDs, if I tryed to make both my Konami ID AND my Gamer ID at that same page, then when I clicked continue, I would get a blank page. So, what I did it to ONLY make my Konami ID (because it required) but I didn't make a Gamer ID (because it NOT required). Then I got through, and I went to my the Konami site again, logged in, and then made my Gamer ID.

Hope this helps!

XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

DL'ed the beta and now the update is downloading @ 0.9 kb/s.....

wtf.....

stupid university internet, i hate u i like how the upload is 2.7 kp/s

rofl....

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 RMANPOWER
[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"][QUOTE="MiiforWii"]

[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]Why is the Konami thing down? I tried to sign up for the name thingy, but it's not working on PSN. Anyone know anything about it?MiiforWii

Uh, no. We can make our IDs now. Well, we "should" be able to. I got mine a few days ago, but I guess the site is pretty crowded right now.

Oh, and just a tip, when I got my IDs, if I tryed to make both my Konami ID AND my Gamer ID at that same page, then when I clicked continue, I would get a blank page. So, what I did it to ONLY make my Konami ID (because it required) but I didn't make a Gamer ID (because it NOT required). Then I got through, and I went to my the Konami site again, logged in, and then made my Gamer ID.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for everything, I'll see what I could do when I get out of work. Do I have to do it on the PSN or could I do it on my PC?

MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MiiforWii
[QUOTE="MiiforWii"][QUOTE="RMANPOWER"][QUOTE="MiiforWii"]

[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]Why is the Konami thing down? I tried to sign up for the name thingy, but it's not working on PSN. Anyone know anything about it?RMANPOWER

Hope this helps!

Thanks for everything, I'll see what I could do when I get out of work. Do I have to do it on the PSN or could I do it on my PC?

Yes, I used my PC to do it. You can do so Here:

http://id.konami.net

Still at work?!?! I don't know what time it is there, but it almost 1am here. :)

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 RMANPOWER
[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"][QUOTE="MiiforWii"][QUOTE="RMANPOWER"][QUOTE="MiiforWii"]

Hope this helps!

Still at work?!?! I don't know what time it is there, but it almost 1am here. :)

Thanks for the website. It's 11:55 pm, I'm in Cali.

MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 MiiforWii

DL'ed the beta and now the update is downloading @ 0.9 kb/s.....

wtf.....

stupid university internet, i hate u i like how the upload is 2.7 kp/s

rofl....

XturnalS

Wow, it would take FOREVER at 0.9 kb/s. I am at 200-300 kb/s and I have been downloading for about 45 minutes now.

Nice, the upload it more then the download. lol.

MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MiiforWii
[QUOTE="MiiforWii"][QUOTE="RMANPOWER"][QUOTE="MiiforWii"][QUOTE="RMANPOWER"][QUOTE="MiiforWii"]

Hope this helps!

I guess you know the meaning of working late. ;)

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 RMANPOWER
[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"][QUOTE="MiiforWii"][QUOTE="RMANPOWER"][QUOTE="MiiforWii"][QUOTE="RMANPOWER"][QUOTE="MiiforWii"]

Hope this helps!

I guess you know the meaning of working late. ;)

Yeah, I've been doing graveyard shifts for 5 years now.

I just finished the Konami thing. PHEW!!

[KONAMI ID]

orinboyd (just like my PSN)

[GAME ID]

jeanclaudevandamme (wonder why I picked this :roll:) haha

MGSPsycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 MGSPsycho
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I'm so jealous of all of you who are having problems downloading. I have a bum code and can't even get the download. I hate my life. I'll trade you problems.
Anoch20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Anoch20
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
I almost registered my ID, I got all the way to putting all my info address, name, password and then I click next and it F's up. DAMN IT KONAMI!!
Avatar image for 5FingersOfDeath
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 5FingersOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 1114 Posts
55% on the update... Why thy hell is there an update already?!?
emad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 emad93
Member since 2007 • 205 Posts
i need helppp i downloaded the beta and updated and everything but to play i need a Game ID which i get from the Konami ID i already have and to do that i have to log into http://id.konami.net but everytime i try to open it says system is busy now try again later! wtff has anyone gotten their game ID successfully yet?
Bio-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 Bio-G
Member since 2003 • 140 Posts
http://www.onlineregister.com/konami/mgops/... hope this helps u!! people that got the 9 digit code got the dvd's that got printed wrong!! hurry to that website and fill in ur info, so u can get ur code !!!!and WE ALL CAN ENJOY MGO!!!
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#73 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

http://www.onlineregister.com/konami/mgops/... hope this helps u!! people that got the 9 digit code got the dvd's that got printed wrong!! hurry to that website and fill in ur info, so u can get ur code !!!!and WE ALL CAN ENJOY MGO!!!Bio-G

This is for the voucher. What we're talking about is the KONAMI ID we need to log into the beta for the 21st. The KONAMI ID site works for awhile and then stops.

FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 FearTheRain
Member since 2008 • 1470 Posts

I'm downloading the update patch for the MGS4 BETA and it's going mad slow.....it's been at 1% for 3 minutes...

jonsm98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 jonsm98
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

HELP!!

ok im new to this but i heard you can download mgo by either http or p2p? what are both? and how do i do it?

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts
Wow, this stuff is slow I'm only at 36% and It must been downloading the update for like 40 mins... My God...
sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 sam280992
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING!!!! I WAS THERE FOR AGES AND IT GETS TO 38% THEN I GET A FLIPPING NETWORK SERVER ERROR!!!!?!? WHY!!!!
The-Big-Easy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 The-Big-Easy
Member since 2008 • 435 Posts

Does everyone just keep getting network server error? I just keep getting that

RiggiLugLug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 RiggiLugLug
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

It's available in the PS store in Australia now.

Only took about 10 or 15 mins to download the install.

Installed OK, but when I try to do the update it comes back with a server error whether I choose P2P or HTTP.

Maybe the install comes from PSN Aus and the update comes from the MGO servers?
Maybe the update servers are too busy still?

anyway watched the trailer and it looks cool.

Will try the update tomorrow morning or over the weekend...

Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING!!!! I WAS THERE FOR AGES AND IT GETS TO 38% THEN I GET A FLIPPING NETWORK SERVER ERROR!!!!?!? WHY!!!!sam280992

I got that too.. at 17%. I keep trying to resume the download on the update, but I keep getting that server error.

It's getting a little bit frustrating...

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 sam280992
Argh it just got to 82% then it gets network server error
darkprince99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 darkprince99
Member since 2006 • 90 Posts

imma outta luck i have no time to preorder the game to get the key!!

this makes me mad if i knew i need a key i would have preordered it a long time ago!!

will they make an open beta??

Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts

Alrighty, it took a few tries but I got the thing downloaded. Now I need a Konami ID... :x

A l m o s t t h e r e . . .

Shadow_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Shadow_51
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Has anyone else gotten a invalid code error when trying to download the beta from the US PSN?
FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 FearTheRain

Has anyone else gotten a invalid code error when trying to download the beta from the US PSN?Shadow_51

Just make a UK PSN account like I did.

Already downloaded the BETA. Just trying to get the update now. :)

It's finally working...

When you download the update, choose the (recommended) way to download the update via bittorent.

It's download fast as hell

Shadow_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Shadow_51

how?

FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 FearTheRain

how?

Shadow_51

How did you make your account?

It's the same way dude. You just put in a UK address. :)

At the beginning it asks what region ur in when u make the account. Just choose UK.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#89 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

Ha, only you then. This game is worth it. When word went out that the beta was available for d/l, about 85% of the world ran to their PS3s to get the beta. Soon after d/l the update, they found out that they need a Konami ID and game ID. Their site simply crashed. What did you expect?

Yup....

**** this game...

It's not worth it. It's just a BETA anyways.

I am very very disappointed in Konami.

When Bungie had their BETA out last year it downloaded super fast. No stupid patches, no stupid crap.

No Lag. Just fun.

Konami BETA testing = Trash

FearTheRain
MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 MiiforWii

Just in case some of you didn't know, we can't sign in till the 21st. So it doesn't matter how fast you do it, just do it before the 21st ;).

Here is what they said:

"If you have attained a MGO Beta UPVC, then Thursday, April 17th, this week, the download of the MGO Beta client will be available to you through the PlayStation Store on your PS3 (but please bear in mind, gameplay does not start until April 21st , and then will run until May 5th) - again, please do not try to redeem your UPVC before April 17th, you will just get an error message."

-This came right from Konami.

You can also find this page HERE

FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 FearTheRain

Well atleast the update is working for me now. It will give network error every so often, but since I started using the top one (recommended) it actually saves everything. So if it crashes at 15% or what not. It starts back off at 15%, which is very convenient. :)

Bittorrent is the way to go for network sharing. Very smart idea on Konami's part. This network error crap though is very disappointing.

I sincerely hope there are no issues with the game on the 21st.

laptop12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 laptop12
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

must i preorder the game to get some code to play the beta? or can I just download via UK store? I didn't saw MGS o in US store!

signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#93 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts
my code was invalid, just like so many,,, this beta is junk and broken. This is gonna piss off a lot of people
Shadow_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Shadow_51

ok cool thanks

EZREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 EZREAL
Member since 2004 • 40 Posts
i got the voucher code for MGO when i reserved MGS4 and used it to download the beta and getting a not vailid code is any one else having same problem...got it from gamestop
EZREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 EZREAL
yep same here
EZREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 EZREAL
yep same prob here whats going on?
GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#98 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts
For everyone that is having issues using their Beta codes. If you have not tried already, you will need to enter the code in as it is shown due to it being cAP sENsiTIve. If you are still having issue than just trade it in for another code. Did anyone else felt like they was jerked around when after waiting like 30 minutes and than receive a sever error in the middle of the update or I am just the only one?
signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#99 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts

EZreal, why did you reply to your post twice?

and yeah, i received a message sayin my code wasnt valid,, this is such garbage, konami better help out the ppl who have had problems,,, who am i kidding this is the PS3, weve had nothing but disappointment so far

EZREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 EZREAL
For everyone that is having issues using their Beta codes. If you have not tried already, you will need to enter the code in as it is shown due to it being cAP sENsiTIve. If you are still having issue than just trade it in for another code. Did anyone else felt like they was jerked around when after waiting like 30 minutes and than receive a sever error in the middle of the update or I am just the only one?GranReyUno
trade it?