Metal Gear Solid 4, Not quite what I expected :(

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

[QUOTE="redskins2156"]Give us a link that confirms it. [QUOTE="big_boss4life"]gezzz its been confirmed that the last demo from las vegas was from the final game.... i know the game will have an awesome story, awesome twist, awesome charecter etc etc, but the F**** AI, AND THE physics looks like a mgs from PS2, thats what i m trying to say GEZZbig_boss4life

http://www.gamertell.com/gaming/comment/metal-gear-solid-4-nearly-done/

Yea no where in there does it say that they demo is the final game. It simply says they're almost at the bug checking state. Demos are from the final build but that doesn't mean AI isn't toned waaaaay down for the reasons others have stated.

This is the same as 1up complaining about KZ2's ai in the demo when God Mode was on. Obviously that's not in the final version.

I wouldn't worry about the AI by a few demo videos.

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 expanded
Member since 2003 • 8430 Posts

loll over 3 pages.. and only now someone linkified the link loll

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts

[QUOTE="expanded"]WTF.. i love the ! ? !!!! don't atke that away!?

how are you disappointed.. you can't judge the game with just the video..big_boss4life

Dude the AI and movement of the soldiers are going to be like that THE WHOLE GAME, thats how its going to be!!!!!

it looks so last gen, i m being serious here man, i m big MGS FAN i know i m going to end up likeing it but i cant help to feel a little disspoited :(

k the game was set on easy to begin with

how does it look so last gen just look at those graphics man they are amazing

u aint a big MGS fan by the way you talk cause you would know that its on easy and that this game is going to be amazing

CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
[QUOTE="Reaper_Squad"]

dude the game isnt even done yet

chill out

big_boss4life

It acutually is.. they are just checking for bugs now...

yeah its not done because they are still working on it um hahhahahaha
expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 expanded
Member since 2003 • 8430 Posts
[QUOTE="big_boss4life"][QUOTE="Reaper_Squad"]

dude the game isnt even done yet

chill out

CommanderTy

It acutually is.. they are just checking for bugs now...

yeah its not done because they are still working on it um hahhahahaha

LOL :lol:
fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#56 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
i'm actually more excited about the game after that. especially after playing MGS: Portable Ops recently, my hopes for MGS4 are high.
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
GUYS WTF!!! WHY IS THERE SO MUCH MGS4 HATE STOP IT!!!!! YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF WHINEY KIDS THIS GAME WILL ROCK!!!!! ENOUGH END THIS THREAD ITS JUST FILLING UP WITH A BUNCH OF UNGREATFUL CHILDREN
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
looks good to me, awesome graphics btw.
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

besides that the ?! are needed even without masks I would not be able to see face gestures from 40 meters distance.

second I see nothing wrong with the animation and the video is shot at 24 fps so the frame rate of the video will be sluggish compared to the games frame rate anyway so the game will be smoother.

The game will obviously look better than that tiny video unless yo udownloaded the 720p one I do not know for I did not.

Third I will trade this game for your life.. meaning if you have to die for me to get it ... so be it.

The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

ok, first of all... whoever is playin the game really sucks... BAD! it was set on easy, obviously, n they could barely handle it! i really dont kno how they didnt die. i guess thats just cuz it was on easy. n y wasnt he usin the incredible cover system???

now, the gameplay looked great in nearly every aspect n if i wasnt already sold on this game (which i am) then this trial vid would definately solidify my decision to purchase this game.

i really cant wait for this game!

inFamous_Nik

maybe he did not die cause he started with like 10 rations if thats not proof that it was set on easy i dont know what is.

amapi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 amapi
Member since 2005 • 2404 Posts

What was tune in the beginning of the video, after Croal is talking.

Incredible video btw.

hellknight8619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 hellknight8619
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
the real game will probably be harder because the player won't have as many items when they start out. it was the same thing in the mgs3 demo. you were given almost all of the weapons and items in the game, but when you played the full game, you only had a couple of weapons and items.
el_rika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 el_rika
Member since 2004 • 3474 Posts

What a joke topic lol...:lol:

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#64 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
Wow, that was awesome. :o Thanks for the video.
hot_doggin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 hot_doggin9
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts
good stuf haha
gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts
I am disappointed in the TC
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts

[QUOTE="emitsu97"]The AI should be detuned for shows. The demo is meant to give a taste not have people at the show standing there for hours trying to get from point A to point B while a line of people wait their turn. As for the facial animations...kinda hard to see that when they're wearing masks.big_boss4life

Ryan said that , that demo was from the final version, is not like the demo from tokio... this is the real deal...

Are you sure you listened to his podcast when he mentioned why they weren't going to release a demo on PS Store?? The reason is THAT DEMO is not what the final game going to look like and Kojima doesn't want people to think that the final game will look like that because ALOT of changes and improvements need to be done and that's what they are currently doing! So NO that demo was not from the final version, it is the same level played at the the tokyo game show and E for All. Plus, The codec beep, alert beep, "!", "?", stars above head(when knocked out), "zZzZzzz"(when tranquilised) etc... are all MGS trademarks and taking them off wouldn't be cool. Thank God, kojima decided to keep them.

And man that cutscene where Snake holds the pistol and pulls the trigger was freakin awesome!! Damn I want this game SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

The ?! above the heads is epic, it's pure MGS. MGS4 IS and WILL BE amazing.

Edit : Sure. Hideo could play the demo in European extreme. But then you woulnd't see nothing past the 1st guard

iori666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 iori666
Member since 2005 • 284 Posts
[QUOTE="big_boss4life"]

[QUOTE="expanded"]WTF.. i love the ! ? !!!! don't atke that away!?

how are you disappointed.. you can't judge the game with just the video..rptransam09

Dude the AI and movement of the soldiers are going to be like that THE WHOLE GAME, thats how its going to be!!!!!

it looks so last gen, i m being serious here man, i m big MGS FAN i know i m going to end up likeing it but i cant help to feel a little disspoited :(

why do you keep insisting you're a big MGS FAN?

and the AI on these vids is set to easy

yep hes no mgs fan looks like he never played any mgs game... disappointed about mgs4? what a noob!
Avatar image for FrozenDragon123
FrozenDragon123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#70 FrozenDragon123
Member since 2005 • 831 Posts
the ! and ? are like the trademark of the game I think that more people would be disapointed if they removed them from the game. As long as there are improvements and new content it will be awesome.
rpgfreak15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 rpgfreak15
Member since 2004 • 759 Posts
This is the stupidest reason for not liking this game. The visuals and gameplay look amazing to me...i just can't wait to get my hands on this game and just fiend it.
big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 big_boss4life
Member since 2006 • 2633 Posts
[QUOTE="inFamous_Nik"]

ok, first of all... whoever is playin the game really sucks... BAD! it was set on easy, obviously, n they could barely handle it! i really dont kno how they didnt die. i guess thats just cuz it was on easy. n y wasnt he usin the incredible cover system???

now, the gameplay looked great in nearly every aspect n if i wasnt already sold on this game (which i am) then this trial vid would definately solidify my decision to purchase this game.

The_Tombo

maybe he did not die cause he started with like 10 rations if thats not proof that it was set on easy i dont know what is.

he killed the enemies with like 1 shot.... come on :/ thats gotta be super mega easy for noobs

Brazil_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Brazil_Surfer
Member since 2004 • 707 Posts
holy crap iv never played an mgs game b4 but this game looks friking awesome, definitely going to get this afterall
beinss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 beinss
Member since 2004 • 1838 Posts
Idk ive never played MGS and ive always wanted to get into it. but I dont see the big deal about MGS4.
amapi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 amapi
Member since 2005 • 2404 Posts

What was tune in the beginning of the video, after Croal is talking.

Incredible video btw.

amapi

Anyone ? :(

UnitFoxHound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 UnitFoxHound
Member since 2004 • 491 Posts
its obvious isnt it? the solid eye system shows snake the ? and ! so only snake sees it
fastgamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 fastgamer01
Member since 2003 • 692 Posts

[QUOTE="emitsu97"]The AI should be detuned for shows. The demo is meant to give a taste not have people at the show standing there for hours trying to get from point A to point B while a line of people wait their turn. As for the facial animations...kinda hard to see that when they're wearing masks.big_boss4life

Ryan said that , that demo was from the final version, is not like the demo from tokio... this is the real deal...

well i read somewhere can't remember magazine or website that stated the western version will be harder than the japanese and i can't imagine the half metal gears or gekkous (dont flame me on spelling lol) with !! above there sensors this game isn't supposed to be about 100% realism or it wouldn't be MGS or as fun

also quite suprised so many people havent played a mgs game before :) but welcome all future mgo players

moshakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 moshakirby
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts
Enemies "make faces" in MGS3.
It's well known that the AI in those videos is awful, it's not the finished product.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Tombo"][QUOTE="inFamous_Nik"]

big_boss4life

he killed the enemies with like 1 shot.... come on :/ thats gotta be super mega easy for noobs

He was aiming at their heads!

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Tombo"][QUOTE="inFamous_Nik"]

ok, first of all... whoever is playing the game really sucks... BAD! it was set on easy, obviously, n they could barely handle it! i really dont kno how they didnt die. i guess thats just becuz it was on easy. n y wasnt he usin the incredible cover system???

big_boss4life

No he shot them at the head that why they died from 1 shots and when they came at you they die with more than one shot,I can't believe you claim to be a fan of the series and you complain about !? which is MGS TRADEMARK like everybody said. You just bashing the game.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

well tc, as you can see.. you are not allowed to have any kind of critisism directed to Kojima.

Poeple are so hyped that they take it personal.......

Kojima has a bad sense of humor. it involves poo, crotch envie, boobies and farts. The icons are ridiculous and should never have been in the game in the first place.

rest is great though. still the must buy of the year (along woth some other titles)

WongB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 WongB
Member since 2004 • 1701 Posts
That demo, they had the enemies slightly retarded so that they wouldn't screw up in the demonstration. If they had the standard AI, something could go wrong and it wouldn't go as smoothly as planned. They were showing off the gameplay mechanics on them as if they were dolls pretty much.

Also, exclamation point is signature and what makes MGS...MGS.
OmegaTau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 OmegaTau
Member since 2007 • 908 Posts
nope, and no offense true fans love the !?
liljfreestyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 liljfreestyle
Member since 2003 • 217 Posts
the guy who made this post is dumb and retard everyone know they didn't use full power of AI on a demonsation my god MSG4 using easy level just like on the other MGS games for demonsations
feel_freetwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 feel_freetwo
Member since 2006 • 1888 Posts
1- kojima said he would get rid of the "!" because he wanted to take the francise in a different direction, later on he said he missed them....hence why they are back. 2- the animation and ai is awful. no doubt about it. awful is a strong word, but its not next gen animation when you compare it to uncharated and assassin's creed.
Fire_Hurts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Fire_Hurts
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts
can't stop watching that cutscene!
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#87 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts

The AI should be detuned for shows. The demo is meant to give a taste not have people at the show standing there for hours trying to get from point A to point B while a line of people wait their turn. As for the facial animations...kinda hard to see that when they're wearing masks.emitsu97

Yeah, plus the "?" and "!" are a must in MGS games. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want them in.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

I personally loved that animation. During the real time cutscene, I thought I was watching a freaking movie.

Only true MGS fans appreciate the ! and the ?

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#89 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

I personally loved that animation. During the real time cutscene, I thought I was watching a freaking movie.

hazelnutman
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
You're alone on this one TC, MGS4 is everything I expected and much more
Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts

After watching this video:

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/specials/special.pl?spec=mgs4_ces&pagenum=1

I gotta say, COME ON HIDEO!!=!?!?!? WTF?

did you see tha AI? the movement of the enemies is the same from MGS2 AND MGS3, the same icon above their heads ( ! ? )

i thought i read somewhere that with the power of the ps3 they wont need those (? ! ) anymore the enemies will make their own faces, the camera probles are still there, it looks the same MGS but with Gears like controls

I m a big mgs fan but... i m feeling kinda disspointed @ Hideo i expected a little bit more.....

big_boss4life

anyone? feeling the same ?big_boss4life

No. The ! ? where put in again in the game because fans asked for it, and it makes the game more of a metal gear. As for the AI, anybody who has played the games on harder difficulties can say that this is oviously in easy mode. I mean, tranquilizer guns that are effective imediately?

I do agree on the camera controls, that CQC scene was awful, and the CQC looks worse than in MGS3, but I still have not played the game.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Always-Honest

hazelnutman

i think so. and the fart jokes.... and the fact that enemies have no senses....

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts

i think so. and the fart jokes.... and the fact that enemies have no senses....Always-Honest

I think we got it 2 posts ago, we know you don't like kojima's sense of humor or the iconic symbols of the MGS series.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Always-Honest

[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]i think so. and the fart jokes.... and the fact that enemies have no senses....emitsu97

I think we got it 2 posts ago, we know you don't like kojima's sense of humor or the iconic symbols of the MGS series.

he, he,.. true.. but i do love the game. seriously..

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#95 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]

Always-Honest

i think so. and the fart jokes.... and the fact that enemies have no senses....

Dangit, will you drop that? XD

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
Can't you all let this troll topic die?? We all agree'd that the TC is NOT a real MGS fan like he claims to.
limitless_rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 limitless_rage
Member since 2006 • 134 Posts
I think the game looks fantastic ... and the animation is pretty good if you ask me. Looks better than a ton of the stiff animation I've seen in other "next gen" games, plus the character models look quite detailed. Plus, who knows how many of this type of enemy will eventually appear onscreen. Or if other enemies are going to have different animation. You shouldn't judge a game based on a couple of minutes of video ... MGS has always been a great series and I can't see this one being bad. Thats like saying a Super Mario Galaxy is bad because mario only looks slightly better than he did in sunshine...
rocoswav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 rocoswav
Member since 2005 • 804 Posts
wow that video awesome, TC what are you talkin about. are you a troll?
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#99 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
The video made me want this game even more
babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts

I've always thought that the "!" and "?" over enemies' heads added a little charm to a series that's always had a very subtle (but very funny) sense of humor. It just wouldn't fee like Metal Gear without it.

And how can you judge the AI without actually playing for yourself? Just wait for the reviews.