Metal Gear Solid 4, Not quite what I expected :(

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 big_boss4life
Member since 2006 • 2633 Posts

After watching this video:

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/specials/special.pl?spec=mgs4_ces&pagenum=1

I gotta say, COME ON HIDEO!!=!?!?!? WTF?

did you see tha AI? the movement of the enemies is the same from MGS2 AND MGS3, the same icon above their heads ( ! ? )

i thought i read somewhere that with the power of the ps3 they wont need those (? ! ) anymore the enemies will make their own faces, the camera probles are still there, it looks the same MGS but with Gears like controls

I m a big mgs fan but... i m feeling kinda disspointed @ Hideo i expected a little bit more.....

big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 big_boss4life
anyone? feeling the same ?
thageneral3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 thageneral3
Member since 2007 • 1929 Posts

No

The game looks amazing, thanks for the vid

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 expanded
Member since 2003 • 8430 Posts
WTF.. i love the ! ? !!!! don't atke that away!?

how are you disappointed.. you can't judge the game with just the video..
A3trix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 A3trix
Member since 2007 • 434 Posts
It won't matter when your actually playing...
Tdiddy05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Tdiddy05
Member since 2004 • 153 Posts

umm no...

Its Metal Gear man its going to be similar to the previous games but better

the4got10one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the4got10one
Member since 2007 • 781 Posts

how are you disappointed.. you can't judge the game with just the video..expanded

He's right, you shouldn't judge a game based on a video

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
The AI should be detuned for shows. The demo is meant to give a taste not have people at the show standing there for hours trying to get from point A to point B while a line of people wait their turn. As for the facial animations...kinda hard to see that when they're wearing masks.
handag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 handag
Member since 2006 • 449 Posts
Thats the trail, not the full game. Hideo has stated that The trail is compleatly different from the last version of the game. They eaven changed the Weapon Icons for gods sake!
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

Awesome video,

convinced me to give the game a go.

big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 big_boss4life

how are you disappointed.. you can't judge the game with just the video..expanded

Dude the AI and movement of the soldiers are going to be like that THE WHOLE GAME, thats how its going to be!!!!!

it looks so last gen, i m being serious here man, i m big MGS FAN i know i m going to end up likeing it but i cant help to feel a little disspoited :(

big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 big_boss4life

The AI should be detuned for shows. The demo is meant to give a taste not have people at the show standing there for hours trying to get from point A to point B while a line of people wait their turn. As for the facial animations...kinda hard to see that when they're wearing masks.emitsu97

Ryan said that , that demo was from the final version, is not like the demo from tokio... this is the real deal...

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

did you see tha AI? the movement of the enemies is the same from MGS2 AND MGS3, the same icon above their heads ( ! ? )

i thought i read somewhere that with the power of the ps3 they wont need those (? ! ) anymore the enemies will make their own faces, the camera probles are still there, it looks the same MGS but with Gears like controls

big_boss4life

Since I've got memory the "!" "?"has been in all MGs... I'd be EXTREMELY PISSED if Hideo took them away.

So you might as well change the topic title for "Metal Gear Solid 4, Not quiet what I expected :("

big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 big_boss4life
[QUOTE="big_boss4life"]

GreenGoblin2099

Since I've got memory the "!" "?"has been in all MGs... I'd be EXTREMELY PISSED if Hideo took them away.

So you might as well change the topic title for "Metal Gear Solid 4, Not quiet what I expected :("

Hideo himself said that, those icon were going to change for facial gestures....

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

anyone? feeling the same ?big_boss4life

well, i do feel somewhat tjhe same. i don't like the icons and i don't like Hideo's sense of humor. But i think the controls are much better than the god-awfull-unimmersive-unintuiticve MGS2 controls. And i think the game will be great.

also, no inversed controls wil mean i won't buy it. yep, that's how strongly i feel about that.

FoxDie003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FoxDie003
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts
first of all the difficulty they play demo's at is likely going to be easy so while demonstrating the game they dont keep dying, same for if they let others play the demo they dont want everyone to wait in line forever to play because someone is stuck, and as for the (!) icon i hope that its in the lower difficulty settings but not on hard.
RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 RahKayne
Member since 2003 • 3436 Posts

I m a big mgs fan but... i m feeling kinda disspointed @ Hideo i expected a little bit more.....

big_boss4life

that makes no sense what so ever. What are they going to zoom in on their faces? Things like the (!?) are not because of graphics or power of the console, but for us. Why would I want to see their mask covered faces? (if they are covered) Seriously th the ( ! ? ) is for the player to see easily if the gaurd noticed them. Plus that's MGS.

Also might I add we have no idea how the game will turn out. Kojima and Koonami keeps their greatest secrets till the game comes out. For example MGS2 with Raiden, special appearances, boss battles,twists and turns in the story, that's what Metal Gear Solid is, not graphics. another example is their hair, that's Kojima's way he could make it flow and stuff but he doesn't have too and it even may take away from the story as many people will look at the characters and feel weird because of enhanced looks.

pwnjutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pwnjutsu
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts

Dude the AI and movement of the soldiers are going to be like that THE WHOLE GAME, thats how its going to be!!!!!

it looks so last gen, i m being serious here man, i m big MGS FAN i know i m going to end up likeing it but i cant help to feel a little disspoited :(

big_boss4life

I dont know what you where expecting but Im looking forward to playing this game more than any other next year. As for the game looking last gen, I dont know what the hell you're smoking but this has to be one of the best looking games EVER, and thats not an opinion its a freeking fact. I have no idea how you could make such a statement. As for the ! and ? above the enemy's head, it wouldnt be Metal Gear without it.

rptransam09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rptransam09
Member since 2005 • 1250 Posts

[QUOTE="expanded"]WTF.. i love the ! ? !!!! don't atke that away!?

how are you disappointed.. you can't judge the game with just the video..big_boss4life

why do you keep insisting you're a big MGS FAN?

and the AI on these vids is set to easy

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"][QUOTE="big_boss4life"]

big_boss4life

Hideo himself said that, those icon were going to change for facial gestures....

That's not the point... read carefully what I said and maybe you'll begin to uinderstand WHY he probably didn't do it.

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 expanded
how can there even be an argument here.. we need to try the game first then judge it..
this video proves nothing about the AI .. for all we know the AI is just ignorant for the first couple scenes in the game and next thing you know they are more aware of snake's presence.. etc. etc. .. i say just wait
Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lab392
Member since 2006 • 6217 Posts
The ! and ? were confirmed to be back in a while ago, and so was the over-the-shoulder view. The controls themselves have also seen a bit of an overhaul. All I have to say is that change isn't always bad. What deterred a lot of casuals from MGS games is the fact that you had to press, like 5 buttons to shoot in the first person. They changed that to appeal to a wider audience, and it will probably feel better than it did in past games. I don't see how an over the shoulder view would take from the value of the game especially since you can exchange it for the classic auto-aim at any time. What camera problems were you talking about?
expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 expanded
i remember when i didn't know how to shoot and run in third person in mgs lol then i found out i had to hold X while gently pressing square
p4ddym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 p4ddym
Member since 2005 • 632 Posts
Even the trial looks like a game i would have a lot of fun playing. I would have to think about how to stealthily kill my enemies etc. PS. The ! is cool
big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 big_boss4life
gezzz its been confirmed that the last demo from las vegas was from the final game.... i know the game will have an awesome story, awesome twist, awesome charecter etc etc, but the F**** AI, AND THE physics looks like a mgs from PS2, thats what i m trying to say GEZZ
redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts
Dude I don't think you have been playing mgs that long. The icons above the enemies head has been a part of mgs games for years. They could have gotten rid of the icons a while ago, but I'm glad they didn't. Plus you haven't even played the game yet, so how can you say it's "not quite what we expected". Also please use the spell check before you post, I don't get it when you say "Not quiet what we expected". By reading that statement, it tells me you might be a kid. So you probably haven't played mgs from before. Go back and play mgs 1-3
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
The ?! are trade marks of the series that is why they are in there. The game looks good and with the rumors of a demo in Feb we may get a chance to see for our selves.
redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 redskins2156
Oh! yeah!, by! the! way! judge! the! game! after! it! comes! out!. Remember! Assassins Creeds's! screenshots! and! videos! looked! amazing! too!, remember! how! bad! that! game! stunk!.!!!!!!!!!!
redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 redskins2156
Give us a link that confirms it.
gezzz its been confirmed that the last demo from las vegas was from the final game.... i know the game will have an awesome story, awesome twist, awesome charecter etc etc, but the F**** AI, AND THE physics looks like a mgs from PS2, thats what i m trying to say GEZZbig_boss4life
l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts

i thought i read somewhere that with the power of the ps3 they wont need those (? ! ) anymore the enemies will make their own facesbig_boss4life

PFFFT BUHAHA yeah right!

Reaper_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Reaper_Squad
Member since 2007 • 200 Posts

dude the game isnt even done yet

chill out

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 redskins2156
When did he confirm this, it sounds like you are good friends with hideo. Please give us a link that confirms this!?!?!?!!!
[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"][QUOTE="big_boss4life"]

big_boss4life

jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts

i agree. ! ? FTW
big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 big_boss4life

dude the game isnt even done yet

chill out

Reaper_Squad

It acutually is.. they are just checking for bugs now...

the4got10one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the4got10one
Member since 2007 • 781 Posts
If you have such a big problem with it, then don't buy the game.
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts

yeah dude if you dont like it then you can get the heck outa here thats the best
heyheydoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 heyheydoh
Member since 2005 • 1859 Posts
As someone said before me, how do you expect to see the soldiers faces through masks?
big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 big_boss4life

Give us a link that confirms it. [QUOTE="big_boss4life"]gezzz its been confirmed that the last demo from las vegas was from the final game.... i know the game will have an awesome story, awesome twist, awesome charecter etc etc, but the F**** AI, AND THE physics looks like a mgs from PS2, thats what i m trying to say GEZZredskins2156

http://www.gamertell.com/gaming/comment/metal-gear-solid-4-nearly-done/

gipps85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gipps85
Member since 2007 • 178 Posts

big_boss4life
i just went to the site and before I watch the video I read the paragraph under it. It states. THE CAMERA WE USED WAS FILMING IT IN 20 FPS AND DON'T WORRY NONE OF THOSE GILTCHES WERE EVEN PRESENT PLAYING THE GAME. EVERY AI AND EVERYTHING ELSE PLAYED AS SMOOTH AS BUTTER.
mountain_duwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#40 mountain_duwe
Member since 2007 • 1636 Posts
The exclamation points and question marks are Metal Gear Solid trademarks...yes, they are trying to attain as much realism as possible, but Kojima still recognizes where he came from...not like other sell-outs in life.
sonynhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sonynhater
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

well, you cant say the games going to be awsome from this vid. too.

so, you just cantradicted yourself

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

I hate these kind of topics.you pick on things that are normal for a game to have, and besides if you are a fan of the series like you say and by your user name you should know MGS is popular for its story. All I want is to play the game and find out what the twist will be in the end.

I don't care if it has physics or not.

Note: ever thought they might be playing it on easy, I checked the video again and when he opened the weapon window he had a lot of weapons where normally in MGS you start with less weapons and start picking up when you go further in the game.

:lol: your topic fail.

the_one34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 the_one34
Member since 2004 • 1105 Posts
What would MGS be without the classic "?!" ?
Avatar image for 2headedhawaiian
2headedhawaiian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#44 2headedhawaiian
Member since 2005 • 1531 Posts
I'm just annoyed that multiple people in this thread have used "quiet" in place of "quite." However, in regards to the TC's statements, what "we" expect is a fantastic game, which no pre-release video will either confirm or deny. Just wait it out like the rest of us, okay? Everything will be fine.
inFamous_Nik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 inFamous_Nik
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts

ok, first of all... whoever is playin the game really sucks... BAD! it was set on easy, obviously, n they could barely handle it! i really dont kno how they didnt die. i guess thats just cuz it was on easy. n y wasnt he usin the incredible cover system???

now, the gameplay looked great in nearly every aspect n if i wasnt already sold on this game (which i am) then this trial vid would definately solidify my decision to purchase this game.

i really cant wait for this game!

big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 big_boss4life

The exclamation points and question marks are Metal Gear Solid trademarks...yes, they are trying to attain as much realism as possible, but Kojima still recognizes where he came from...not like other sell-outs in life.mountain_duwe

....*not like other sell-outs *..... ok mmmmm i just wanted to point that one... but i m not making any further comments..

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 expanded

how are you disappointed.. you can't judge the game with just the video..sonynhater

thats why i didn't leave a compliment :o
even if this game gets a 4.0 .. i'd still pick it up though :) lol
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#48 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

big_boss4life

I was expecting better from someone with a post count over 700.:|

kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts

how are you disappointed.. you can't judge the game with just the video..sonynhater

lol no he didn't. He never said the game was good or bad, he said dont judge from videos :P idiot.

linufinu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 linufinu
Member since 2005 • 433 Posts

big_boss4life