MAG graphics...are they really THAT bad???

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 uso_outkast
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts

im sure a lot of you have seen it or played the beta...but the complaints about the graphics make it seem as if MAG has Horrible graphics not even worthy of a game..are they REALLY that bad?

Jettero-Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Jettero-Heller
Member since 2002 • 4289 Posts

No they are not that bad. Keep in mind any game like this is bound to have countless haters bashing on what ever they can find. The graphics in MAGare "pretty good" as compared to stunning or Jaw-dropping due to the needs of the game. Don't listen to the haters, the game looks more than good enough for what it is doing. I actually kind of like the graphics.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

They do suck. But they're not THAT bad.

SamGv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SamGv
Member since 2007 • 1102 Posts

If you haven't been spoiled by U2, KZ2 or mw2 then yeah MAGs graphics are fine.

Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#5 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts
MAG is decent enough to be considered a PS3 game, at the least. But with MAG, I don't think graphics are your biggest worry by far.
Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Is Mag better than Warhawk? at least...

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

It depends what you mean by 'bad.' What other 256 player FPS on consoles looks better?

GooMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 GooMaster
Member since 2009 • 296 Posts

It depends what you mean by 'bad.' What other 256 player FPS on consoles looks better?

BZSIN
Nice comeback!
CZVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CZVA
Member since 2009 • 1166 Posts

SamGv

No you got it all wrong. If you havent been spoiled by said games, the graphics are BAD. With games like U2 and KZ2 out, MAGs graphics are just THAT bad. Ive played the BETA so I would know. The people who are saying it has great graphics or even decent graphics, are just overly grateful gamers from the SNES days.

And yeah gameplay over graphics, but the gameplay is almost as bad. If youre looking for a game like MAG with great gameplay and great graphics, Battlefield Bad Company 2 is coming out in March. Its nothing like the first one. Definitely a 8.5-9 game.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

The graphics look great taking into consideration that their is 256 players playing at one time with hardly any lag.

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts
The graphics are ok not really but nothing spectacular too :?
da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
If you think about the fact that the maps are huge and they have 256 people, the contorls are decent, gameplay smooth, then the graphics not being as good as uncharted 2 is not a big deal. I've only played the beta(quite a bit) and id give it a B. Nice to play something other then COD. But 256 people, something has to suffer, and id rather it be graphics then gameplay or lag.
atc-fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 atc-fanatic
Member since 2009 • 973 Posts

they could be better but they could be worse. im fine with the graphics im just not sold on the game yet.

KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

Honestly, who cares? THe game has 256 players running at full tilt, no lag, and most people actually work as a team.

What more can you want? I already preordered it, picking it up tomorrow.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

I personally found the graphics fine, they certainly don't affect the game in a negative way. Most of the time you're to busy to notice them anyway.

The_saint1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_saint1976
Member since 2003 • 258 Posts

If your too worried about how the graphics look, and running around doing nothing but staring and comparing graphics, I don't want you on my team.

MFbronz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MFbronz
Member since 2007 • 403 Posts

If your too worried about how the graphics look, and running around doing nothing but staring and comparing graphics, I don't want you on my team.

The_saint1976

could not have said this any better myself.

graphics do not make a game for me. as a gamer with over 20 years experience i know this.i know i sound like an old man but "in my day" the gameplay made the game. not the graphics. due to my busy schedule i only played the beta 4 times but each of the 4 times was very enjoyable. is MAG going to be for everybody???? of course not, but there are plenty of people myself included, that are going to like it.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

Bikouchu35
If MAG is as good as Warhawk in gameplay you can count me in
Silverdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Silverdragon17
Member since 2005 • 664 Posts
Where's the 256 player Warhawk. That may be a little too hectic. I didn't think Mag's graphics were that bad?
GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

Actually the graphics can sorta surprise you, they looked alot better than I was expecting. By no means U2 or KZ2, but definitly surprised me when considering 256 player matches.

Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts

The graphics are nice IMO, or at least way better than I expected. Besides, you'll forget about them once you realize how smooth everything runs.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I don't mind the graphics for I understand the need to keep them low.

I would rather a decent-looking lag-free experience than a beautiful horrifyingly laggy one.

Caprellid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Caprellid
Member since 2008 • 249 Posts

let me help you out.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mag+ps3+gameplay

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
[QUOTE="CZVA"]

[QUOTE="SamGv"]

No you got it all wrong. If you havent been spoiled by said games, the graphics are BAD. With games like U2 and KZ2 out, MAGs graphics are just THAT bad. Ive played the BETA so I would know. The people who are saying it has great graphics or even decent graphics, are just overly grateful gamers from the SNES days.

And yeah gameplay over graphics, but the gameplay is almost as bad. If youre looking for a game like MAG with great gameplay and great graphics, Battlefield Bad Company 2 is coming out in March. Its nothing like the first one. Definitely a 8.5-9 game.

I don't think I could disagree with you more. You've played the beta so you know? You KNOW that the graphics are bad? Opinions, opinions, opinions... where did they go? I happent to like the MAG graphics - it has a certain style to it which looks really great. The effects of explosions and smoke all add to it. Organised chaos. Also, I'm not from the SNES days so there goes your ludicrous theory. I also enjoy the gameplay. And BC:BF2 is EXACTLY the same as BC1, and even better. BC1 is a 7.5-8 game, and Bad Company 2 for me will probably be a 9, but I like it that much. I wouldn't say it's overly different though.
idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
It's hard to see people from far away :P
CZVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CZVA

[QUOTE="CZVA"]

[QUOTE="SamGv"]

Adziboy

I don't think I could disagree with you more. You've played the beta so you know? You KNOW that the graphics are bad? Opinions, opinions, opinions... where did they go? I happent to like the MAG graphics - it has a certain style to it which looks really great. The effects of explosions and smoke all add to it. Organised chaos. Also, I'm not from the SNES days so there goes your ludicrous theory. I also enjoy the gameplay. And BC:BF2 is EXACTLY the same as BC1, and even better. BC1 is a 7.5-8 game, and Bad Company 2 for me will probably be a 9, but I like it that much. I wouldn't say it's overly different though.

I dont know how you can argue that the graphics are good when so many others say its bad. We'll just have to wait until tomorrow to see what the reviewers say. Im giving MAG 7.0-8.0.

MassMayham57_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MassMayham57_
Member since 2009 • 465 Posts

[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

EmperorSupreme

I agree, and if people play it the way they are supposed to

gugler990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gugler990
Member since 2010 • 2009 Posts
its fun makes you feel like a team member and an actual leader the graphics are good enough make sure yoe be smart and work with your team this isnt MW2
Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts

i thought the graphics looked pretty good.... certainly no U2 or killzone, but they are easily on par with MW/MW2....

anyone who says otherwise is just a hater. the graphics are more than acceptable...

CZVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CZVA

i thought the graphics looked pretty good.... certainly no U2 or killzone, but they are easily on par with MW/MW2....

anyone who says otherwise is just a hater. the graphics are more than acceptable...

Roland123_basic

Its more on par with Resistance 1. Its like in between Resistance 1 and 2. Not even close to looking like MW2.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Considering the size of the game and what it's achieving (256 players simultaneously running on huge maps) the visuals are great.

I might add surprisingly good, I wasn't expecting the clarity and sharp textures it manages to execute.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

They're good.

Not great, not bad, just good.

Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Roland123_basic

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"]

CZVA

Its more on par with Resistance 1. Its like in between Resistance 1 and 2. Not even close to looking like MW2.

your opinion.... IMO having played both games, MAG easily looks as good as MW2.
newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

looks better and plays better than mw2...on my setup at least.

Reemer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Reemer99
Member since 2009 • 875 Posts

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"]

CZVA

I think they are fairly similar to MW2 MP, not the SP campaign but that is a given.

wah81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 wah81
Member since 2009 • 39 Posts
[QUOTE="SamGv"]

i agree with this statement, graphics are decent.
mustang0712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mustang0712
Member since 2009 • 238 Posts

i like the game but i have to say it looks pretty i mean pretty bad but it is a fun game and everyone should at least give it a chance

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

They do suck. But they're not THAT bad.

good_sk8er7
you just contradicted yourself.
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"][QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

MassMayham57_

I agree, and if people play it the way they are supposed to

it has the same fun factor, but warhawk wins...but both r good games..
TheWiikestLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheWiikestLink
Member since 2006 • 1730 Posts
[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

EmperorSupreme

neither the graphics nor the gameplay is superior to warhawk....warhawk was fun,addicting,innovative,and competitive....MAG is none of those.
MrFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MrFanboy
Member since 2010 • 397 Posts
[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"][QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

TheWiikestLink

neither the graphics nor the gameplay is superior to warhawk....warhawk was fun,addicting,innovative,and competitive....MAG is none of those.

MAG is fun,addictive, innovative, competitive and has 256 players and is better then warhawk hands-down. Oh and people work as a team(unlike in warhawk if you go into a random pub) and the amount of customaztion and tactical depth MAG has is superior to Warhawk.
TheWiikestLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheWiikestLink
[QUOTE="MrFanboy"][QUOTE="TheWiikestLink"][QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"] If MAG is as good as Warhawk in gameplay you can count me in

MAG is fun,addictive, innovative, competitive and has 256 players and is better then warhawk hands-down. Oh and people work as a team(unlike in warhawk if you go into a random pub) and the amount of customaztion and tactical depth MAG has is superior to Warhawk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLpgp9OddXI yes that looks like real fun...:/ btw teamwork is something a player decides to do,not something a game makes you do....just in case you didnt know....if you played with people on warhawk who "didnt work as a team" its not the games fault...its your fault...no game ever has people working as a team specially in pub rooms...the only time you would see teamwork is in a gamebattles match...where you play for money... as for the rest i cant argue we are both diff type of gamers,i have standards in my games.
MrFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MrFanboy
[QUOTE="TheWiikestLink"][QUOTE="MrFanboy"][QUOTE="TheWiikestLink"] neither the graphics nor the gameplay is superior to warhawk....warhawk was fun,addicting,innovative,and competitive....MAG is none of those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLpgp9OddXI

erm...that the beta...
TheWiikestLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheWiikestLink
[QUOTE="MrFanboy"][QUOTE="TheWiikestLink"][QUOTE="MrFanboy"] MAG is fun,addictive, innovative, competitive and has 256 players and is better then warhawk hands-down. Oh and people work as a team(unlike in warhawk if you go into a random pub) and the amount of customaztion and tactical depth MAG has is superior to Warhawk.

erm...that the beta...

what's your point? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04TPUFGQIFU itst he same ****** : /
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Roland123_basic
[QUOTE="MrFanboy"][QUOTE="TheWiikestLink"][QUOTE="MrFanboy"] MAG is fun,addictive, innovative, competitive and has 256 players and is better then warhawk hands-down. Oh and people work as a team(unlike in warhawk if you go into a random pub) and the amount of customaztion and tactical depth MAG has is superior to Warhawk.

erm...that the beta...

actually yes.... it does look fun.... strategic and interesting maps... combined with the mass chaos of 256 players... looks like a blast to me!
TheWiikestLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheWiikestLink
[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"][QUOTE="MrFanboy"][QUOTE="TheWiikestLink"] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLpgp9OddXI

those were my first thoughts too before playing it. erm...that the beta...

actually yes.... it does look fun.... strategic and interesting maps... combined with the mass chaos of 256 players... looks like a blast to me!

MrFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MrFanboy
[QUOTE="TheWiikestLink"][QUOTE="MrFanboy"][QUOTE="TheWiikestLink"] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLpgp9OddXI

erm...that the beta...

what's your point? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04TPUFGQIFU itst he same ****** : /

I see teamwork in a pub. You are contradicting yourself.
m0tl3ysl4y3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 m0tl3ysl4y3r
Member since 2009 • 269 Posts

The graphics look great taking into consideration that their is 256 players playing at one time with hardly any lag.

muller39

I agree with that, they're including 256 players in it with no lag, so they're probably gonna have to throw graphics away for that

TheWiikestLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheWiikestLink
[QUOTE="MrFanboy"][QUOTE="TheWiikestLink"][QUOTE="MrFanboy"] erm...that the beta...

I see teamwork in a pub. You are contradicting yourself.

Well obviously you have to define teamwork for me...if you consider a guy reviving you as "teamwork" then their is teamwork in every game...hell i can find you a vid of people using "teamwork" on warhawk...MY definition of teamwork is at least using strategy to win,BY TALKING ON THE MIC,AND PLANNING OUT WHAT TO DO...not running,gunning..as you see in the vid kid is not even talking on the mic.....and if you happen to be near the objective,get some free points....because thats the real definition of teamwork " Cooperative effort by the members of a group or team to achieve a common goal." which is to win....so in reality all games you use teamwork....so again i feel as if you have no idea what your talking about,as i base my opinion off experience and knowledge having played the game and you sorta just base it off what exactly? i proved the game lacks in graphics,physics,animation,gameplay..