Kojima's Teaser Site ---- Answers

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jw_burrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jw_burrell
Member since 2005 • 374 Posts

So here's what I think ----- "Raiden" is Japanese for "thunder and lightning". The teaser site contains little more than just that --- THUNDER and LIGHTNING. I honestly believe the announcement will be a new MGS game featuring Raiden as the protagonist.

Thoughts???

Dark-Star13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Dark-Star13
Member since 2009 • 2849 Posts

There are dozens of threds about this, and the others have much more info......

P.S. I think it will be Grey Fox, look at the far left side of the image in the trees there is a dark line with a circle in the middle, like Grey Fox's eye.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Wow, I do believe your the first to come to that assumption! I personally think it may have something to do with Konami's recently announced, and very little detailed game Tornado Outbreak.
jw_burrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jw_burrell

my bad. i hadn't heard anyone else bring up the thunder and lightning thing. i would love it if it were grey fox. he's one of my favorite characters. i see what you're saying with the image in the trees. kinda hard to make out though.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

I really hope this game has nothing to do with MGS.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 raven_squad

TriangleHard
As much as it pains me to say it (love the MGS franchise very much) I agree. I wan't something new.
jw_burrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jw_burrell
[QUOTE="TriangleHard"]

raven_squad
As much as it pains me to say it (love the MGS franchise very much) I agree. I wan't something new.

i would love something fresh and new. especially if it's at the level of something like MGS. but what are the chances of that?
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#8 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

[QUOTE="raven_squad"][QUOTE="TriangleHard"]

jw_burrell

i would love something fresh and new. especially if it's at the level of something like MGS. but what are the chances of that?

Pretty high? Considering Konami now has the budget to work with and having another franchise to post under their company name will do great things for their stocks.

Having IP to sell is important. No matter how many MGS they make, MGS is still only one franchise. The value of the franchise might get better with more games, but excessive production of same name can lower the value.

If Konami makes another MGS instead of choosing new IP, I say it would be a buisness mistake.

jw_burrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jw_burrell

[QUOTE="jw_burrell"][QUOTE="raven_squad"]As much as it pains me to say it (love the MGS franchise very much) I agree. I wan't something new. TriangleHard

Pretty high? Considering Konami now has the budget to work with and having another franchise to post under their company name will do great things for their stocks.

Having IP to sell is important. No matter how many MGS they make, MGS is still only one franchise. The value of the franchise might get better with more games, but excessive production of same name can lower the value.

If Konami makes another MGS instead of choosing new IP, I say it would be a buisness mistake.

i would venture to say that another MGS game would outsell ANY other game konami decides to put out. sure, if the new IP catches on and becomes a new and successful franchise, then it would be a good business move. but there's no guarantee that will happen. MGS is the surest thing Konami's got.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

Well you could always not buy this game if it turned out to be MGS5 and buy something new, there are plenty of new IP's already out and coming out, that way everyones happy. People say that "I want something new" way too much, and when you see their game library all thier games end with 3, 4 or 2009. There are plenty of new IPs out there that people who say they want something new, just dont give a shot at all. Not saying this is specifically you, but its just an observation about people who say they want something new.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
You guys think there is any chance for a new ZOE? :(
SirOWNZalot86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SirOWNZalot86
Member since 2008 • 695 Posts

i hope it does have something to do with MGS, be it a sequel, remake, prequel, alternative perspective story, add on anything!!! but if not i will not be disapointed anything kojima makes is golden, and i will gladly spend $60 on anything he creates! go ahead kojima its yours... go on take it... please will you just take it! i insist... no really i insist... will you just take it and announce what your working on already!!!

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 raven_squad
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="raven_squad"][QUOTE="TriangleHard"]

Well you could always not buy this game if it turned out to be MGS5 and buy something new, there are plenty of new IP's already out and coming out, that way everyones happy. People say that "I want something new" way too much, and when you see their game library all thier games end with 3, 4 or 2009. There are plenty of new IPs out there that people who say they want something new, just dont give a shot at all. Not saying this is specifically you, but its just an observation about people who say they want something new.

Yeah, ummm...doesn't apply to me at all. By "I want something new", I mean I wan't Kojima to utilize his genius, and make a game that doesn't revolve around Metal Gear.
jw_burrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jw_burrell
You guys think there is any chance for a new ZOE? :(Pvt_r3d
i'd love to see a current gen ZOE. but i find it hard to believe that a field like the one shown in the teaser has anything to do with ZOE.
SirOWNZalot86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SirOWNZalot86
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="raven_squad"]As much as it pains me to say it (love the MGS franchise very much) I agree. I wan't something new. raven_squad

Yeah, ummm...doesn't apply to me at all. By "I want something new", I mean I wan't Kojima to utilize his genius, and make a game that doesn't revolve around Metal Gear.

get outta here!
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 raven_squad
[QUOTE="SirOWNZalot86"][QUOTE="raven_squad"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"] Well you could always not buy this game if it turned out to be MGS5 and buy something new, there are plenty of new IP's already out and coming out, that way everyones happy. People say that "I want something new" way too much, and when you see their game library all thier games end with 3, 4 or 2009. There are plenty of new IPs out there that people who say they want something new, just dont give a shot at all. Not saying this is specifically you, but its just an observation about people who say they want something new.

get outta here!

lol, no?
SirOWNZalot86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SirOWNZalot86
[QUOTE="raven_squad"][QUOTE="SirOWNZalot86"][QUOTE="raven_squad"] Yeah, ummm...doesn't apply to me at all. By "I want something new", I mean I wan't Kojima to utilize his genius, and make a game that doesn't revolve around Metal Gear.

get outta here!

lol, no?

so your telling me if kojima releases anything having to do with MGS your not buying it? yeah right...
jw_burrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jw_burrell
[QUOTE="raven_squad"][QUOTE="SirOWNZalot86"][QUOTE="raven_squad"] Yeah, ummm...doesn't apply to me at all. By "I want something new", I mean I wan't Kojima to utilize his genius, and make a game that doesn't revolve around Metal Gear.

get outta here!

lol, no?

haha..... maybe the announcement will be that he's making both a new MGS AND a new IP... then we'd all be happy!!
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

I hope Raiden stays as far away from this game as possible. The only games Kojima should be worried about are the MG1 and 2 remakes. Unless of course, it has nothing to do with MGS.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sepewrath
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="raven_squad"]As much as it pains me to say it (love the MGS franchise very much) I agree. I wan't something new. raven_squad

I knew you would say that, one there is no guarantee that he can make games on the caliber of MGS outside the series, its been awhile. Secondly alot of times when people say that, they are basically saying they want the same series with a different name. You hear this most often with long running series like this one, they want a new IP in name alone. But whatever I just want to see new MGS, whether its this game being teased or another in the future. And I would prefer to play as Raiden pre cyber ninja when he goes to save Sunny from the Patriots, there seems to be an interesting story there and campaign there.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 raven_squad
[QUOTE="SirOWNZalot86"] so your telling me if kojima releases anything having to do with MGS your not buying it? yeah right...

May I ask you were I stated that? I said I hope its not MGS, as I would like Kojima to work on something new. I didn't say I wouldn't enjoy it if it WAS MGS5. Beleive it or not, you don't have to be hyped for a game to enjoy it. :P [QUOTE="jw_burrell"] haha..... maybe the announcement will be that he's making both a new MGS AND a new IP... then we'd all be happy!!

That would be nice, but I don't know it Kojima could balance that.... :lol:
jw_burrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jw_burrell

I hope Raiden stays as far away from this game as possible. The only games Kojima should be worried about are the MG1 and 2 remakes.

Silverbond
now that would be sweet. i'd love to see the PS3 version of all that went down in Zanzibar.
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

Its the obvious comment that many comment on. Raiden = thunder & lightning, Mr. Kojima wouldn't make it so obvious.

Mr. Kojima is hidng something, teasing everyone and laughing about it.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 raven_squad
[QUOTE="raven_squad"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"] Well you could always not buy this game if it turned out to be MGS5 and buy something new, there are plenty of new IP's already out and coming out, that way everyones happy. People say that "I want something new" way too much, and when you see their game library all thier games end with 3, 4 or 2009. There are plenty of new IPs out there that people who say they want something new, just dont give a shot at all. Not saying this is specifically you, but its just an observation about people who say they want something new. Sepewrath

I knew you would say that, one there is no guarantee that he can make games on the caliber of MGS outside the series, its been awhile. Secondly alot of times when people say that, they are basically saying they want the same series with a different name. You hear this most often with long running series like this one, they want a new IP in name alone. But whatever I just want to see new MGS, whether its this game being teased or another in the future. And I would prefer to play as Raiden pre cyber ninja when he goes to save Sunny from the Patriots, there seems to be an interesting story there and campaign there.

You keep equating all of these other peoples statements with my own. I don't want anything even remotely like MGS in Kojima's next project. Thats not to say I wont enjoy MGS5, or whatever this happens to be if it is affiliated with MGS, but... something NEW out of Kojima would be nice. I'm beginning to wonder if he's been tainted by the money, realizes what a cash cow franchise MGS is, and is now going to become a one trick pony.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="raven_squad"] Yeah, ummm...doesn't apply to me at all. By "I want something new", I mean I wan't Kojima to utilize his genius, and make a game that doesn't revolve around Metal Gear.raven_squad

You keep equating all of these other peoples statements with my own. I don't want anything even remotely like MGS in Kojima's next project. Thats not to say I wont enjoy MGS5, or whatever this happens to be if it is affiliated with MGS, but... something NEW out of Kojima would be nice. I'm beginning to wonder if he's been tainted by the money, realizes what a cash cow franchise MGS is, and is now going to become a one trick pony.

I didn't know Kojima is a Pony. He must be one smart pony.
Dark-Star13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dark-Star13

my bad. i hadn't heard anyone else bring up the thunder and lightning thing. i would love it if it were grey fox. he's one of my favorite characters. i see what you're saying with the image in the trees. kinda hard to make out though.

jw_burrell

It is not as hard as some of the other supposed images.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 raven_squad
[QUOTE="Pvt_r3d"] I didn't know Kojima is a Pony. He must be one smart pony.

Ha...Ha...Ha. :|
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sepewrath
You keep equating all of these other peoples statements with my own. I don't want anything even remotely like MGS in Kojima's next project. Thats not to say I wont enjoy MGS5, or whatever this happens to be if it is affiliated with MGS, but... something NEW out of Kojima would be nice. I'm beginning to wonder if he's been tainted by the money, realizes what a cash cow franchise MGS is, and is now going to become a one trick pony. raven_squad
I could swear I said in the first post that my statements are not directed at you, but I am using your statements to fuel the discussion. But Kojima is likely not a one trick pony, I don't think he is Miyamoto good, but I think to a lesser extent he could do whatever he wanted and turn it into gold. However why deny your large fanbase of what they want if they want a new MGS game, there's no reason to not do it. The money is just a massive incentive to go along with what the fans are asking of you. When your good at something and people want that talent, you deliver and everybody wins in the end.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 raven_squad
[QUOTE="raven_squad"] You keep equating all of these other peoples statements with my own. I don't want anything even remotely like MGS in Kojima's next project. Thats not to say I wont enjoy MGS5, or whatever this happens to be if it is affiliated with MGS, but... something NEW out of Kojima would be nice. I'm beginning to wonder if he's been tainted by the money, realizes what a cash cow franchise MGS is, and is now going to become a one trick pony. Sepewrath
I could swear I said in the first post that my statements are not directed at you, but I am using your statements to fuel the discussion. But Kojima is likely not a one trick pony, I don't think he is Miyamoto good, but I think to a lesser extent he could do whatever he wanted and turn it into gold. However why deny your large fanbase of what they want if they want a new MGS game, there's no reason to not do it. The money is just a massive incentive to go along with what the fans are asking of you. When your good at something and people want that talent, you deliver and everybody wins in the end.

Well, I must admit that the whole "I knew you would say that" bit, followed by infactual assumptions is a bit perplexing if the statements are not directed at me. :? But at any rate, theres more then 1 franchise of his I can think of that has fans waiting eagerly for a sequel that he's yet to deliver. Over 6 years now since something new in the Zone of the Enders franchise, and if he put half as much effort into it as he does into MGS, could be another console selling, heavy hitting title for the PS3.
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

Reading the title again. it should be changed to "Kojima's Teaser Site: More questions Than Answers" because no one truly has the answer to this mystery.

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
I thought this thread would bring something new. I was wrong.
bwsealirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 249

#32 bwsealirl
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

i really think this will be mgs4 substance for the 360 and ps3 ,raiden could be a playable character.hopefully

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 raven_squad

i really think this will be mgs4 substance for the 360 and ps3 ,raiden could be a playable character.hopefully

bwsealirl
Konami has already stated that they will not be expanding upon Guns of the Patriots.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

Not sure what you guys are all seeing, but I just checked the site for the first time since it updated, and when the lighting flashes I see a shadow of a 5 flickering.

Dark-Star13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dark-Star13

Not sure what you guys are all seeing, but I just checked the site for the first time since it updated, and when the lighting flashes I see a shadow of a 5 flickering.

ZIMdoom

We all already know about the 5/S thing

manight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 manight
Member since 2003 • 133 Posts

Looking at the site it has to be mgs5 but playing metalgear 4 I felt that they finished the story. So what would the story be for the fifth game? they closed everything. even raidens story.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

Dark-Star13

Right, except "S" isn't a clue at all since it makes no sense and references nothing.Kojima has already gone on record as saying that any MGS5 game would involve a spin off character. COnsidering the lightening in the image, Raiden seems likely.

I think this is MGS5 featuring Raiden.

manight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 manight
Member since 2003 • 133 Posts

If the clue is s the could it be Sunny. She was a big part in the fourth game.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Wow, I do believe your the first to come to that assumption! I personally think it may have something to do with Konami's recently announced, and very little detailed game Tornado Outbreak. raven_squad

Nice assumption. That makes sense, except for the 5/S thing.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Dark-Star13"]

[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

ZIMdoom

Right, except "S" isn't a clue at all since it makes no sense and references nothing.Kojima has already gone on record as saying that any MGS5 game would involve a spin off character. COnsidering the lightening in the image, Raiden seems likely.

I think this is MGS5 featuring Raiden.

S is a clue. It could be Metal Gear Solid 4: Subsistence. Maybe they're going to try and port MGS 4 to the Xbox 360. I doubt that, but it could happen. I still think it's a Raiden-themed MGS 5.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 raven_squad

[QUOTE="raven_squad"]Wow, I do believe your the first to come to that assumption! I personally think it may have something to do with Konami's recently announced, and very little detailed game Tornado Outbreak. Phoenix534

Perhaps having something to do with the fact that after they analyzed the code of the page, there's actually 5 different timers that will appear. Each one is counting down to a new one.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
it's going to be the new Dokimeki Memorial, devloped by kojima there, i said it.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="raven_squad"]Wow, I do believe your the first to come to that assumption! I personally think it may have something to do with Konami's recently announced, and very little detailed game Tornado Outbreak. raven_squad

Perhaps having something to do with the fact that after they analyzed the code of the page, there's actually 5 different timers that will appear. Each one is counting down to a new one.

i think we have a winner.

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Kai. Brilliant character in a brilliant game.
tamabeast04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tamabeast04
Member since 2003 • 526 Posts

i dont see the flickering number/letter to be anything more than a 5. and it doesn't really make sense to assume it means subsistence or substance, because they were already used? what would this one be then... substantiate? in my opinion, it's nothing more than a 5, it'll be with a new character yada yada... everything else is this unbelievably biased video game media toward the xbox. i dont usually care... but lately it's really annoying, nothing on the ps3 can get a fair shake, and im sorry, but i dont see why the xbox is better??

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 raven_squad
[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"][QUOTE="raven_squad"][QUOTE="TriangleHard"]

Yep. Shes awesome. As is HS. Too many people have skipped over that game. As I had until a few days ago. :(
jw_burrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jw_burrell
[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"][QUOTE="raven_squad"]As much as it pains me to say it (love the MGS franchise very much) I agree. I wan't something new. raven_squad

Yep. Shes awesome. As is HS. Too many people have skipped over that game. As I had until a few days ago. :(

i agree. and i also can't wait till this time tomorrow when i can say "i told you so" about my predictions.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 raven_squad
Anybody remember this, and Kojima's addiction to Left 4 Dead? I don't think that was just BS...
SirOWNZalot86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SirOWNZalot86
Anybody remember this, and Kojima's addiction to Left 4 Dead? I don't think that was just BS...raven_squad
i would love a survival horror game by kojima!!! im not playing this sounds great!
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 raven_squad
[QUOTE="raven_squad"]Anybody remember this, and Kojima's addiction to Left 4 Dead? I don't think that was just BS...SirOWNZalot86
i would love a survival horror game by kojima!!! im not playing this sounds great!

I'm sure it would be an amazing experience. :P Still hoping that when that countdown runs out and the new one begins, theres a 4 somewhere. That would further fuel my suspensions that those numbers are just a countdown of the timers themselves.