Killzone Collection --WANTED

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

It had come to my attentioin that both Killzone and Killzone Liberation are good games with some bugs/visual hiccups and control issues. Why not rerelease these games in the same package with a resolution to 1080p, updated animations/textures/physics/framerate/blueray quality sound, improved controls with dual analog, full revamp of online play for each game, concept art/making of videos, and possibly new levels.

These are games held back by the constraints of time and hardware. This Collection version fixes both on the PS3.

Wisely321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Wisely321
Member since 2008 • 686 Posts
Of course, just like the GOW collection If they greatly improved the visuals and sounds, I would probably buy it ;)
monkeyd_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 monkeyd_93
Member since 2007 • 6848 Posts
Online for both would be pointless, since they have KZ3 already and need to maintain that community. KZ liberation may be possible if or when sony does psp emulation on the ps3 console, and re-releasing the original KZ in disc form by itself will be unfeasable (costs to fix up and improve vs being on bluray by itself etc), but nontheless would still be great if it were possible
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Why don't we just throw every ps2 game in a collection...
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Why don't we just throw every ps2 game in a collection...Fightingfan

LOL..... i know riiiiggghhhtttt

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Sounds like a good idea to me, they could milk old games for money and people could catch up on old PS1/PS2 games with improved graphics and trophies.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
I'm down. :P Seriously, though, KZ Liberation was one of the best games on the PSP. I'd love to be able to play it on muh HDtelevisione`
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#8 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Too many collections to begin with. I think they're all a ripoff and just an easy way for companies to make money.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Too many collections to begin with. I think they're all a ripoff and just an easy way for companies to make money.

brickdoctor

Who cares..? A lot of people want them and enjoy them...

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#10 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Since the 3rd was 41.5 GB, I don't know why they just didn't throw an HD remake of Killzone 1 in it for fans.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="brickdoctor"]

Hardly. You are getting two to three games in HD with trophy support for $40. In some cases you're getting the updated versions for around the same price as you'd pay for a sealed copy of the old version. I think they're great and will gladly buy them all as long as its a game I like.
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts

It had come to my attentioin that both Killzone and Killzone Liberation are good games with some bugs/visual hiccups and control issues. Why not rerelease these games in the same package with a resolution to 1080p, updated animations/textures/physics/framerate/blueray quality sound, improved controls with dual analog, full revamp of online play for each game, concept art/making of videos, and possibly new levels.

These are games held back by the constraints of time and hardware. This Collection version fixes both on the PS3.

thedude-
So, basically GG would have to re-make the games from the ground up. I like the idea though. Killzone was amazing... when you could see past the technical downfalls.
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jshaas

brickdoctor
So, don't buy them. I think they're pretty awesome... especially for people that are just getting into gaming but missed the first two games of a trilogy. It's much cheaper than buying a PS2.
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jshaas

brickdoctor
So, don't buy them. I think they're pretty awesome... especially for people that are just getting into gaming but missed the first two games of a trilogy. It's much cheaper than buying a PS2.
00Killaz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 00Killaz00
Member since 2010 • 1014 Posts

brickdoctor

Well some of us don't feel like dishing out the money to re-buy a PS2 then some games, so I think PS2 Collections with remastered graphics and trophies are awesome since I missed out last gen, all at a very reasonable price.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I'm not really an All-Or-None gamer when it comes to the idea of re-issues of older games with some updates... There are quite a few titles I'm excited for coming up (like "Beyond Good & Evil HD"), because they were wonderful games and aometimes, entire series of wonderful stuff ("The Sly Cooper Collection") and centerpieces of debate & praise (Team Ico Collection") out in the spotlight one more time for gamers who missed them or loved them the first time around.

In this case, I like the idea of a re-issued "Killzone" because with a couple of minor tweaks they could drop an awesome game on folks a second time around, and let people get the full story. Some people never played the first game, and that's a shame because I thought it was a stand-out of the last generation. The feel of weight, inertia, carrying big guns, with realistic re-loading animations, I was hooked from the start.

I don't think they should transplant the PSP game, if you want to play it, I would say get the PSP. It looks and plays well there, and there it should stay. But a re-issue of the first game, I would buy in a hot second!

GEE_WIZZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GEE_WIZZ
Member since 2010 • 428 Posts

A collection? I'd say no to that but if a remake of KZ bundled with a CE of KZ2 or KZ3 and as a 14.99 download on PS Store sounds reasonable.

Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

I kind of just about given up on collections. I have been waiting to long for them to announce more, but they hardly announce any. lol I think it would be best to bring backwards compatiblity because they can't remaster every game, although I have a backwards compatible PS3 so it's not a problem for me, but many people who don't have backwards comatbiity want it.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MrSelf-Destruct

I kind of just about given up on collections. I have been waiting to long for them to announce more, but they hardly announce any. lol I think it would be best to bring backwards compatiblity because they can't remaster every game, although I have a backwards compatible PS3 so it's not a problem for me, but many people who don't have backwards comatbiity want it.

Jak-25
They've announced plenty of collections, and supposedly have plenty more that are yet to be annonced. I think you're just waiting on Jak and Daxter, right? :P
Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jak-25

[QUOTE="Jak-25"]

MrSelf-Destruct

They've announced plenty of collections, and supposedly have plenty more that are yet to be annonced. I think you're just waiting on Jak and Daxter, right? :P

yeah lol and some other titles like kingdom hearts and final fantasy, etc. :P

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="Jak-25"]

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="Jak-25"]

Yeah, KH is the one I'm waiting for. That and MGS. Supposedly they're both in the works or at least being considered.
ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#22 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

I suppose if they threw Killzone 1 in HD on PSN, I'd probably buy it.

Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jak-25

[QUOTE="Jak-25"]

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"] They've announced plenty of collections, and supposedly have plenty more that are yet to be annonced. I think you're just waiting on Jak and Daxter, right? :P MrSelf-Destruct

Yeah, KH is the one I'm waiting for. That and MGS. Supposedly they're both in the works or at least being considered.

I want MGS as well, and some other titles too.

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

Exactly! thats why they haven't released a firmware for BC. And don't tell me that a firmware update can't put BC on current ps3's, cuz jailbreakers already proved that wrong.

brickdoctor

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

No!!! focus present games and the future. Let the developers work new games instead of making them release the same games over. Only reason I would buy a "collection" is if I didn't play the game previously when it was released.

thedude-

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thedude-
[QUOTE="thedude-"]

jshaas
So, basically GG would have to re-make the games from the ground up. I like the idea though. Killzone was amazing... when you could see past the technical downfalls.

Nope a years work with a small team for a huge sales payoff is definitely worth it to sony.
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="redskins2156"]

No!!! focus present games and the future. Let the developers work new games instead of making them release the same games over. Only reason I would buy a "collection" is if I didn't play the game previously when it was released.[QUOTE="thedude-"]

Dude, it takes so few resources and such a small team to do these updates. I promise you, they aren't taking anything away from the new games. This is the kind of things they put their small, side-pocket teams on. They may even outsource them. These people probably don't have anything better to do anyway. lol
thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thedude-
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="redskins2156"]

No!!! focus present games and the future. Let the developers work new games instead of making them release the same games over. Only reason I would buy a "collection" is if I didn't play the game previously when it was released.[QUOTE="thedude-"]

Dude, it takes so few resources and such a small team to do these updates. I promise you, they aren't taking anything away from the new games. This is the kind of things they put their small, side-pocket teams on. They may even outsource them. These people probably don't have anything better to do anyway. lol

I understand what he is saying just because some other companies do not remake their games properly. Sony has been doing a good job making a deal with bundle multiple games and legitimately improving them. Both Killzones could be made to look HD quality and both could have new different online features that improve upon what was done in Killzone 3.
jubeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jubeio
Member since 2006 • 1578 Posts

my favourite shooters on PS2 in no order:

timesplitters series

Black

and Killzone

killzone was a fantastic game, brilliant story and was advanced compared to other games in the gen in my opinion

so I agree, killzone remade for PS3 would be fantastic

also having liberation on there would be brilliant because I havent managed to finish it yet because my analogue stick is dodgy :(

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

brickdoctor
ok so dont buy them..simple isnt it? and whats wrong with dev's making money?
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="redskins2156"]

MrSelf-Destruct

Exactly. Santa Monica Studio, for example, outsourced God of War to Bluepoint Games for the HD conversion and the whole process took like three weeks.

kkee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 kkee
Member since 2003 • 1729 Posts

I've very surprised Sony didn't get Killzone 1 remastered and released as a PSN download to coinside with Killzone 3 coming out this month. It seems like the perfect way to fix some of the mistakes from te game and earn lots of money.