January P2 out sells P3?? Now PSP & P2 outsell P3 whats going on!!!

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vip_kass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vip_kass
Member since 2006 • 264 Posts

this seems to be getting odder and odder every month. I can almost see P2 still outselling the P3 since it was the greatest system of all time for its time. But the PSP outselling P3 that crazy! We all now the PSP has been a total flop and yet its beating out the P3 is the word gone crazy? Sure we can blame it on the games but that doesn't make a lot of since because P2 hasn't dropped any big games ether. I mean VF5 was suppose to kick these console numbers up but they fell off over 30% from January! Sony's needs to do something quick while no one thinks the P3 is a failure, but if they keep letting these numbers come out month after month then the store gaming employees are going to jump all over this. Thats what happen to the Dreamcast it was labled doomed before it had a real chance. well here are the numbers now how bad do you think this is??????

On the hardware side, Nintendo's DS led the way, selling 485,000 systems during February. Its console counterpart was the second-best-selling system, as 335,000 Wiis were sold in the US. Domestically, the Xbox 360 sold around 228,000, while Sony saw its older hardware outselling newer offerings. The PlayStation 2 moved 295,000 units, followed by the PlayStation Portable's 176,000, and the PlayStation 3's 127,000.

While Nintendo posted the best numbers in the hardware sector, it was a Microsoft game that claimed the top of the software sales charts. Sporting a coveted invite to the Halo 3 beta testing program, the Xbox 360 game Crackdown had the top of the charts on lockdown for February, selling 427,000 copies during the briefest of months.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

this seems to be getting odder and odder every month. I can almost see P2 still outselling the P3 since it was the greatest system of all time for its time. But the PSP outselling P3 that crazy! We all now the PSP has been a total flop and yet its beating out the P3 is the word gone crazy? Sure we can blame it on the games but that doesn't make a lot of since because P2 hasn't dropped any big games ether. I mean VF5 was suppose to kick these console numbers up but they fell off over 30% from January! Sony's needs to do something quick while no one thinks the P3 is a failure, but if they keep letting these numbers come out month after month then the store gaming employees are going to jump all over this. Thats what happen to the Dreamcast it was labled doomed before it had a real chance. well here are the numbers now how bad do you think this is??????

On the hardware side, Nintendo's DS led the way, selling 485,000 systems during February. Its console counterpart was the second-best-selling system, as 335,000 Wiis were sold in the US. Domestically, the Xbox 360 sold around 228,000, while Sony saw its older hardware outselling newer offerings. The PlayStation 2 moved 295,000 units, followed by the PlayStation Portable's 176,000, and the PlayStation 3's 127,000.

While Nintendo posted the best numbers in the hardware sector, it was a Microsoft game that claimed the top of the software sales charts. Sporting a coveted invite to the Halo 3 beta testing program, the Xbox 360 game Crackdown had the top of the charts on lockdown for February, selling 427,000 copies during the briefest of months.

vip_kass
$600 + tax will do that.
Avatar image for MASTERCHIEFUSMA
MASTERCHIEFUSMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 MASTERCHIEFUSMA
Member since 2003 • 229 Posts
Agreed, 600+ Tax might hurta little bit, and the lack of games to come out on PS3 hurts too
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
[QUOTE="vip_kass"]

this seems to be getting odder and odder every month. I can almost see P2 still outselling the P3 since it was the greatest system of all time for its time. But the PSP outselling P3 that crazy! We all now the PSP has been a total flop and yet its beating out the P3 is the word gone crazy? Sure we can blame it on the games but that doesn't make a lot of since because P2 hasn't dropped any big games ether. I mean VF5 was suppose to kick these console numbers up but they fell off over 30% from January! Sony's needs to do something quick while no one thinks the P3 is a failure, but if they keep letting these numbers come out month after month then the store gaming employees are going to jump all over this. Thats what happen to the Dreamcast it was labled doomed before it had a real chance. well here are the numbers now how bad do you think this is??????

Deihmos
$600 + tax will do that.

Monster Hunter being released on PSP in Japan will do that.
GilHerad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GilHerad
Member since 2005 • 413 Posts
Well, PS2 has a huge game library and is very cheap (like 100 bucks). Im not surprised people with less money then avarage goes for that one over any of the next gen consoles.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts
Just want to add.. PSP has sold over 20 million, far from a total flop. Most experts predicted it wouldnt take this much of the handheld market.
roadkill88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 roadkill88
Member since 2005 • 2313 Posts

Playstations traditionally take their time before anhilating opposition.  The signs are there for Europe even before that;

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=15184

"PS3 UK release most anticipated in 20 years" - Yes, even more than the most successful console in history, the PS2.

UK chain Woolworths have also claimed they filled out pre-orders at a rate of 20 seconds each.  The Dutch have also pre-ordered 90% of their National allocation.

vstag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vstag
Member since 2005 • 153 Posts
Whats really sad is that the GBA out sold the PS3.
vip_kass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 vip_kass

So then is the simple answer LOWER the price or risk losing market share? I mean how long can this go on until

it becomes clear that Sony will never get the market share back that they once had with P2? Maybe we are already

there and this is going to be the way the next gen rolls out?? Seem really wrong to me that the Wii should be

the top dog! That’s just not right in my head as I see them as a GameCube 2 with a new interface and backward

gaming library. But that the reason it should be the winner its best assets is its virtual console of old games.

Yet Xbox360 has some REALLY strong games coming down the pipe so I can see its console number shooting up. Also

the Aussie will now get GOW as part of 360 packages so that’s definitely going to make some sidelines jump in

and buy. But from what I see P3 doesn't have any answers for at least the rest of this year. By then it maybe

too late as more and more gamers go the Wii360 path…

vip_kass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vip_kass
Whats really sad is that the GBA out sold the PS3.vstag
man your right I didn't even see that! No matter how you look at these numbers its BAD for the P3...
vstag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vstag
Member since 2005 • 153 Posts
Man I really whant the ps3 to do great and make a huge 3 way battle, but the Wii is just beating the crap out of the PS3 and makeing a run at the leading 360.  Maybe it will change but at this point is totally uphill for the PS3 and the Wii just flying to the top. 
ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
Whats really sad is that the GBA out sold the PS3.vstag
Dude, The GBA outsold EVERY console.... those things were so inexpensive how could it not?
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Deihmos
Man I really whant the ps3 to do great and make a huge 3 way battle, but the Wii is just beating the crap out of the PS3 and makeing a run at the leading 360.  Maybe it will change but at this point is totally uphill for the PS3 and the Wii just flying to the top.  vstag
The Wii is sellign units that is all. The games are not selling that well and I am sure soon the Wii sales will drop significantly. Right now the Die hard Nintendo fans are buyin it.
vip_kass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vip_kass
Man I really whant the ps3 to do great and make a huge 3 way battle, but the Wii is just beating the crap out of the PS3 and makeing a run at the leading 360.  Maybe it will change but at this point is totally uphill for the PS3 and the Wii just flying to the top.  vstag
Thats pretty much what I see aswell. I would love the Gen to be closer then the last one as we'll all get better games. But the last thig I want to see is Nentendo and the 360 take over and sony left in the clearance bin. But if they don't step it up I think there fooling there selves. This is REAL the Wii is real, the 360 2007 game lineup is Real... Sony Wake up! You have to do something other then talk about the Blueray!!! Games could care less about your Blue-ray player!!!!! We want to have some kick a$$ games as we had with the P2 not a VCR on steroids.
SFMrAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SFMrAnderson
Member since 2004 • 729 Posts
Initially (1-2 years) the Wii will most likely outsell both the 360 and PS3. Many analysts perdict the real battle 4-5 years from now with the PS3 taking the cake. Of course we will see. But honestly, as soon as I heard the news of the wii and the price, I knew it would outsell the PS3. Its a third of the price of the PS3. Hell, its the same price as the PSP! Its an impluse buy. I have no problem going to a store and spending $250 if I see something cool to buy. But to spend $600 just like that, its a little more taxing on the wallet. :) The Wii appeals to the general public and also a lot of gamers, its cheap, and like Nintendo likes to say--"Its intuitive!" LOL. I have yet to find a game that I want personally. But I'm thinking about getting one for my kids and wife to play around on. But for "real" gaming I like the 360/PS3. And until the PS3 gets exclusive titles (which will happen), the 360 is the better buy right now if you don't have either console. The future looks bright for the PS3. With the new Edge development kit coming out, developers will start to understand the hardware better and make it easier to develop games for it. The PS3 has only been out for 4 months. People need to be a little more patient. Even without the new development kit, the first games coming out for the PS3 aren't that far behind the 360. The new wave coming out this month (EA games--Icon, NBA Street) the difference on either system is subject to debate which one is better.
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts

The PSP is not a flop.  Before it came out Sony had 0% of the handheld market.  In 2 years they have taken 35% of the market from Nintendo.  How is that a flop?  The Dreamcast died because Sega ran out of money after supporting the woeful Saturn for 5 years..... 

As for the ps3 yes Sony miscalculated.  They thought they could force a bluray player into every ps2 owner's home on name recognition alone.  They were wrong and they are paying for it.  They will lose market share this generation in exchange for winning the HD disc market.  That being said last generation sold about 160 million total consoles.  This generation should be around 180-200 million. They have sold about 18 million total so far.  There is a long way to go so stop crying.

vip_kass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vip_kass
[QUOTE="vstag"]Man I really whant the ps3 to do great and make a huge 3 way battle, but the Wii is just beating the crap out of the PS3 and makeing a run at the leading 360.  Maybe it will change but at this point is totally uphill for the PS3 and the Wii just flying to the top.  Deihmos
The Wii is sellign units that is all. The games are not selling that well and I am sure soon the Wii sales will drop significantly. Right now the Die hard Nintendo fans are buyin it.

Okay if that was the case then I would have to believe that Nintendo has more Die hard fans the Sony! No Way I don't pay that at all... The Wii is getting all kinds of buyers new, old, and every where between.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Deihmos

The PSP is not a flop.  Before it came out Sony had 0% of the handheld market.  In 2 years they have taken 35% of the market from Nintendo.  How is that a flop?  The Dreamcast died because Sega ran out of money after supporting the woeful Saturn for 5 years..... 

As for the ps3 yes Sony miscalculated.  They thought they could force a bluray player into every ps2 owner's home on name recognition alone.  They were wrong and they are paying for it.  They will lose market share this generation in exchange for winning the HD disc market.  That being said last generation sold about 160 million total consoles.  This generation should be around 180-200 million. They have sold about 18 million total so far.  There is a long way to go so stop crying.

crck
Where did you pull those numbers from?
Avatar image for ITaLiaN_BrO_699
ITaLiaN_BrO_699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ITaLiaN_BrO_699
Member since 2004 • 118 Posts
The reason everything sold out the PS3 because sony hasn't sent out any shipments since January...they left it at the 1.87 mill units. They can't sell whats not being sold. Yes there are some PS3 units out there but not that many...this march we'll top off all the game systems with units sold because the europe launch. Europe is a big part of the game industry.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Deihmos
[QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="vstag"]Man I really whant the ps3 to do great and make a huge 3 way battle, but the Wii is just beating the crap out of the PS3 and makeing a run at the leading 360.  Maybe it will change but at this point is totally uphill for the PS3 and the Wii just flying to the top.  vip_kass

Okay if that was the case then I would have to believe that Nintendo has more Die hard fans the Sony! No Way I don't pay that at all... The Wii is getting all kinds of buyers new, old, and every where between.

Sony has a lot of fans but not all of them have an HDTV w HDMI or $600 to spend on a blu ray player / console. That is the #1 reason why the PS3 sales are so low.
vip_kass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 vip_kass

crck
Well keep drinking the Sony Cool-Aid and I hope you have some really good movie to watch on your P3 since you don't seem to care where the gaming is going. That one big problem all Fanboys have they don't want to make the gaming company accountable for there mistakes. As you have shown with your posting who cares Sony will win the HD market. Sorry but that not what I'm into movies and gaming are like comparing apples to onions.
xuimod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xuimod
Member since 2003 • 841 Posts

u can buy 5 PSP's for the equivalent of 1 Playstation 3.  'Nuff said.

BTW, I have a PhD in Math so don't even try it....
azuroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 azuroc
Member since 2005 • 255 Posts
What everyone seems to forget, or they weren't old enough back then, is that the PS2 had the same issues.

http://archive.salon.com/tech/log/2000/10/27/playstation_rant/index.html

Here's an article saying how much the Dreamcast is better in the same ways as they do now with the 360 back in 2000.

I'm not saying the 360 is going to fail because lets be honest, Microsoft and Sony cannot fail. They are huge corporations with arms in all kinds of different markets. If the gaming division of either company starts to lag, they can just feed it with the profits from another. Its a matter of who will have the most market share, neither can fail.

I predict the PS3 being impossible to find this Xmas just like it was at launch, but with more stock. Just call it a hunch. If you haven't gotten a PS3 yet, and are planning on playing MGS and DMC and possibly Killzone and Heavenly Sword, I highly recommend getting one ASAP because with these titles hitting at the same time as PShome, plus I predict a price reduction (the PSP was reduced after its 1 year anniversary). This thing will be a hot Xmas item.

Sony has said that they will lower the price of their Blu ray Player by the end of 07' to almost $300, that means that they would have to lower the price of the PS3 in order to make the PS3 just as viable in the movie media market as well.

price reduction+big name exclusives+GTA=demand

Even though GTA is a multi-platform release, the casual gamer normally associates it with Sony and may just purchase a PS3 without even knowing that its multiplatform. Think about it. I bet that if I were to ask the casual gamer, they wouldn't even know. As a matter of fact, most of them probably prefer it on Sony.

Also, every 360 owner that I personally know (not online) I talk to gets jealous when I tell them I own a PS3. Every single one of them say that the only reason they bought a 360 was cause they didn't want to wait for Sony for Next Gen. they said that as soon as the price drops, they're buying.

You can quote everything I've said.
CT-Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CT-Link
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts

AND also the fact that almost all "exclusives" for the PS3 are being overshadowed by the Wii sales, and upcoming first party MS games...lets face it guys, everyone could buy a 360 and a Wii instead of a PS3...why?

The Wii offers FUN...PURE, RAW FUN, for everyone (heck even my mom asked me why I want a 360 and not that little Wii thing, then I got alarmed because my mom thinks there are still SNES in the market)

The 360 offers almost every game the PS3 has now on the market, GoW, Halo 3, BioShock, Mass Effect, AND GTA IV, Assasins Creed, and Wipeout for a cheaper price...that and it's online features are better (and now 50 bucks a year isn't that much, just get a dollar every week and THERE)

See, I kinda was into the PS3, but if Sony thinks people are gonna buy the PS3...JUST because of its Blu-ray capabilites...they are wrong...they need good, first party, must have, games, because me, like a bunch of other people that had the PS2 (and played all its exclusives), am not willing to pay 600-1000 dollars (I live in Ecuador) just to play the final MGS game, because it pains me to say this but...it ain't worth it!

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Deihmos
The Ps2 was $299 at launch. It was much easier to purchase.
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 eclipsed4utoo
Member since 2006 • 10578 Posts
[QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="vip_kass"]

this seems to be getting odder and odder every month. I can almost see P2 still outselling the P3 since it was the greatest system of all time for its time. But the PSP outselling P3 that crazy! We all now the PSP has been a total flop and yet its beating out the P3 is the word gone crazy? Sure we can blame it on the games but that doesn't make a lot of since because P2 hasn't dropped any big games ether. I mean VF5 was suppose to kick these console numbers up but they fell off over 30% from January! Sony's needs to do something quick while no one thinks the P3 is a failure, but if they keep letting these numbers come out month after month then the store gaming employees are going to jump all over this. Thats what happen to the Dreamcast it was labled doomed before it had a real chance. well here are the numbers now how bad do you think this is??????

FearlessSpirit
$600 + tax will do that.

Monster Hunter being released on PSP in Japan will do that.

these are US numbers. games releasing in Japan have no effect on the US sales.
sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
What everyone seems to forget, or they weren't old enough back then, is that the PS2 had the same issues.

Here's an article saying how much the Dreamcast is better in the same ways as they do now with the 360 back in 2000.

I'm not saying the 360 is going to fail because lets be honest, Microsoft and Sony cannot fail. They are huge corporations with arms in all kinds of different markets. If the gaming division of either company starts to lag, they can just feed it with the profits from another. Its a matter of who will have the most market share, neither can fail.

I predict the PS3 being impossible to find this Xmas just like it was at launch, but with more stock. Just call it a hunch. If you haven't gotten a PS3 yet, and are planning on playing MGS and DMC and possibly Killzone and Heavenly Sword, I highly recommend getting one ASAP because with these titles hitting at the same time as PShome, plus I predict a price reduction (the PSP was reduced after its 1 year anniversary). This thing will be a hot Xmas item.

Sony has said that they will lower the price of their Blu ray Player by the end of 07' to almost $300, that means that they would have to lower the price of the PS3 in order to make the PS3 just as viable in the movie media market as well.

Even though GTA is a multi-platform release, the casual gamer normally associates it with Sony and may just purchase a PS3 without even knowing that its multiplatform. Think about it. I bet that if I were to ask the casual gamer, they wouldn't even know. As a matter of fact, most of them probably prefer it on Sony.

Also, every 360 owner that I personally know (not online) I talk to gets jealous when I tell them I own a PS3. Every single one of them say that the only reason they bought a 360 was cause they didn't want to wait for Sony for Next Gen. they said that as soon as the price drops, they're buying.

azuroc

Sony already confirmed that there won't be a price drop for at least 2 years.
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 eclipsed4utoo
The Ps2 was $299 at launch. It was much easier to purchase.Deihmos
7 years ago, $300 was still alot of money.
CT-Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CT-Link

Of course there will be a price drop...but I dunno...maybe the other 2 companies...dont you think...that maybe...MAYBE...they'll do the same thing???

azuroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 azuroc
Member since 2005 • 255 Posts

AND also the fact that almost all "exclusives" for the PS3 are being overshadowed by the Wii sales, and upcoming first party MS games...lets face it guys, everyone could buy a 360 and a Wii instead of a PS3...why?

The Wii offers FUN...PURE, RAW FUN, for everyone (heck even my mom asked me why I want a 360 and not that little Wii thing, then I got alarmed because my mom thinks there are still SNES in the market)

The 360 offers almost every game the PS3 has now on the market, GoW, Halo 3, BioShock, Mass Effect, AND GTA IV, Assasins Creed, and Wipeout for a cheaper price...that and it's online features are better (and now 50 bucks a year isn't that much, just get a dollar every week and THERE)

See, I kinda was into the PS3, but if Sony thinks people are gonna buy the PS3...JUST because of its Blu-ray capabilites...they are wrong...they need good, first party, must have, games, because me, like a bunch of other people that had the PS2 (and played all its exclusives), am not willing to pay 600-1000 dollars (I live in Ecuador) just to play the final MGS game, because it pains me to say this but...it ain't worth it!

CT-Link

You have fun with that.
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 crck
[QUOTE="crck"]

vip_kass
Well keep drinking the Sony Cool-Aid and I hope you have some really good movie to watch on your P3 since you don't seem to care where the gaming is going. That one big problem all Fanboys have they don't want to make the gaming company accountable for there mistakes. As you have shown with your posting who cares Sony will win the HD market. Sorry but that not what I'm into movies and gaming are like comparing apples to onions.

Huh?  Yes I do enjoy the bluray player in the ps3.  Its the reason I got one.  God knows there arent any games I'm interested in playing on it right now besides Resistance.  I have a 360 for my main gaming system at the moment.  But I could have sworn I said Sony miscalculated and they will have to pay for it.  Which leaves me with a big huh after reading your comments.  As for the gaming industry the only thing I'm worried about is Nintendo domination which would leave real gamers with dumb down systems and games in future generations.  It has already started to happened with Dragon Quest 9 becoming a DS exclusive.  But hey Sony did it to themselves by releasing a $600 (hey there goes me holding them accountable again imagine that....) system.
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts
What do you expect, ps3 is struggling to get great exclusive games, its online is inferior, and its price is outrageous! This is just the beginning, just wait till Christmas when the big hitter start coming! Yikes, sony needs to drop the price Now.
CT-Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CT-Link
Look..all I know is this...the history of videogames has proved one thing, the console with "pretty" graphics, raw power, and a bunch of other things, has always finished last...remember the Dreamcast???
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Deihmos

[QUOTE="Deihmos"]The Ps2 was $299 at launch. It was much easier to purchase.eclipsed4utoo

Not to me. $300 7 years ago is still $300 today. Inflation over the years was not much. Microsoft will more than likely drop the price this year then Sony will be in more trouble. I cannot wait to see how this year turns out for PS3.

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 eclipsed4utoo

azuroc
linked. wow....that article is freaky. it is freakishly similar to the console war now. here are some inserts that match up.

The PS2's stats are certainly impressive; it's got hardware power to burn. But so what? There's just not much software available that can take advantage of it. The games that are being released at the same time as the system don't rise much, if at all, above games available for Sega's rival (and cheaper) Dreamcast video-game system.

And don't expect a huge number of quality games anytime soon. Sony has reversed positions with Sega and stupidly released a system that is in many ways a game developer's nightmare. Sega, learning from its Saturn debacle, went out of its way to make the Dreamcast easy to develop games for. But Sony, intoxicated with success from the first PlayStation, forgot the first rule of the video-game industry: Software sells systems. If you make it hard for developers to produce good games then there's no reason for people to buy the system. This oversight has already cost Sony some goodwill -- developers are howling about how hard it is to create games for the system. In an interview with Time magazine, John Carmack, one of the developers behind such massively popular games as Doom and Quake, said that the "PS2 is definitely more powerful than Dreamcast. But it's less convenient to extract performance from it."

In comparison, the Sega Dreamcast sells for $149 and has a giant library of games already available. Sega also has an online game network, Seganet. The Dreamcast comes with a built-in 56K modem and Sega will soon release a broadband (cable/DSL) adapter for it. (The PS2 does not ship with a modem.) Sega is banking on the appeal of multiplayer online gaming, even going so far as to rebate the entire cost of a Dreamcast to players who sign up for Seganet. And for the first time ever we actually have cross-platform online gaming -- Seganet lets Dreamcast players compete against PC players in games like Quake 3. Sony, on the other hand, is promising online gaming later on but currently has nothing to offer purchasers of the PS2.

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 eclipsed4utoo

[QUOTE="eclipsed4utoo"][QUOTE="Deihmos"]The Ps2 was $299 at launch. It was much easier to purchase.Deihmos

Not to me. $300 7 years ago is still $300 today. Inflation over the years was not much. Microsoft will more than likely drop the price this year then Sony will be in more trouble. I cannot wait to see how this year turns out for PS3.

7 years ago(when I was 18 ), $300 was alot. $300 is nothing now.
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 crck
Look..all I know is this...the history of videogames has proved one thing, the console with "pretty" graphics, raw power, and a bunch of other things, has always finished last...remember the Dreamcast???CT-Link
   The dreamcast was actually the first system of the current generation or the generation just ending.  Which would make it the weakest.  The system you are looking for is xbox.  Which finished a distant 2nd.
Avatar image for whatsinsidebone
whatsinsidebone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 whatsinsidebone
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

the die hard nintendo fans bought it on day one dude now everyone else is buying it nintendo cant even meet the demand
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 eclipsed4utoo
Look..all I know is this...the history of videogames has proved one thing, the console with "pretty" graphics, raw power, and a bunch of other things, has always finished last...remember the Dreamcast???CT-Link
the Xbox was the most powerful console of last gen.
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 eclipsed4utoo

The Wii is sellign units that is all. The games are not selling that well and I am sure soon the Wii sales will drop significantly. Right now the Die hard Nintendo fans are buyin it.whatsinsidebone

the die hard nintendo fans bought it on day one dude now everyone else is buying it nintendo cant even meet the demand

to tell you the truth, I don't think Nintendo is trying to meet the demand.
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts
This may sound like damage control.....but a lot of people might not be ready to jump into next-gen and these PS2 buyers will hopefully jump over to the PS3 when they're ready for next-gen.  Most people don't buy next-gen consoles right away.
vip_kass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 vip_kass

This is only going to make things worce as the P2 is still the best selling system for Sony here is the US. Once again Sony is dropping the ball. But hell we have one heck of a DVD player!!!

Starting from this April/May, Sony will begin shipping a revised version of the PS3 to Japanese and American retailers. The new system will have the P2 emulation chip removed, just like the soon-to-be-launched European version, and will therefore rely on firmware updates to add PS2 backward-compatibility over time.

M_Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 M_Fresh
Member since 2006 • 382 Posts
PSP & PS2 are world wide and only $200 & $130 each compared to $600 and a not world wide PS3..... helloooooooooo
vip_kass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 vip_kass
PSP & PS2 are world wide and only $200 & $130 each compared to $600 and a not world wide PS3..... hellooooooooooM_Fresh
Hooo thats it, what were we all thinking, thanks M-Flush, I'm sure the 3rd world just can't wait to buy a $600 gaming system. Get a clue, US sells are what makes or breaks a console. Europe hasn't even sold out its pre-orders as on today so good luck on the World Wide theory!
M_Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 M_Fresh
Member since 2006 • 382 Posts

[QUOTE="M_Fresh"]PSP & PS2 are world wide and only $200 & $130 each compared to $600 and a not world wide PS3..... helloooooooooovip_kass
Hooo thats it, what were we all thinking, thanks M-Flush, I'm sure the 3rd world just can't wait to buy a $600 gaming system. Get a clue, US sells are what makes or breaks a console. Europe hasn't even sold out its pre-orders as on today so good luck on the World Wide theory!

Holla @ me next month Mo...

Brendruis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Brendruis
Member since 2002 • 1016 Posts
[QUOTE="crck"]

The PSP is not a flop. Before it came out Sony had 0% of the handheld market. In 2 years they have taken 35% of the market from Nintendo. How is that a flop? The Dreamcast died because Sega ran out of money after supporting the woeful Saturn for 5 years.....

As for the ps3 yes Sony miscalculated. They thought they could force a bluray player into every ps2 owner's home on name recognition alone. They were wrong and they are paying for it. They will lose market share this generation in exchange for winning the HD disc market. That being said last generation sold about 160 million total consoles. This generation should be around 180-200 million. They have sold about 18 million total so far. There is a long way to go so stop crying.

vip_kass

So you don't like movies?  Are you from Mars or something?  Check out this guy...hates movies... lol
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Deihmos
[QUOTE="vip_kass"][QUOTE="crck"]

The PSP is not a flop. Before it came out Sony had 0% of the handheld market. In 2 years they have taken 35% of the market from Nintendo. How is that a flop? The Dreamcast died because Sega ran out of money after supporting the woeful Saturn for 5 years.....

As for the ps3 yes Sony miscalculated. They thought they could force a bluray player into every ps2 owner's home on name recognition alone. They were wrong and they are paying for it. They will lose market share this generation in exchange for winning the HD disc market. That being said last generation sold about 160 million total consoles. This generation should be around 180-200 million. They have sold about 18 million total so far. There is a long way to go so stop crying.

Brendruis

So you don't like movies?  Are you from Mars or something?  Check out this guy...hates movies... lol

I like movies but I never buy them. There are many people that never will buy a movie in their life and I am one of them. I can only look at a movie once.
Brendruis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Brendruis
Member since 2002 • 1016 Posts
[QUOTE="Brendruis"][QUOTE="vip_kass"][QUOTE="crck"]

Deihmos

So you don't like movies? Are you from Mars or something? Check out this guy...hates movies... lol

I like movies but I never buy them. There are many people that never will buy a movie in their life and I am one of them. I can only look at a movie once.

That's cool... but you have to respect my opinion:  I love Blu-rays because I can watch them on my comfy couch with a cigarette in one hand and a beer in the other...in virtually the same video and sound quality as a local theater.
vip_kass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 vip_kass
[QUOTE="vip_kass"][QUOTE="crck"]

Brendruis

Wrong, they have a time and place. most of the time I'm living life not waching someone else live theres. But thats not the point the point is I want a gaming console not a kick ass VCR!! Thats why MS let you add it on with thats what your into.
vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts
This may sound like damage control.....but a lot of people might not be ready to jump into next-gen and these PS2 buyers will hopefully jump over to the PS3 when they're ready for next-gen. Most people don't buy next-gen consoles right away.
MikeE21286
This is true