It's Official. PPL already Hating on Home.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

captainhowdy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 captainhowdy23
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
[QUOTE="ZeLeam"][QUOTE="Yuck_Foo"][QUOTE="Jamh83"]"Artist's Concept"? Phil demoed Home in real-time at the keynote didn't he?jelopek
Not really no...he showed what it could be. For example private homes are not included at start, and 12-year-olds are.

:S no, he showed the current version of home running, of course many features werent there yet and he just spoke about em, but the basics were pretty much working

Leave Him Home hurt's them...I even see the blood

LOL nice one :D.
alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts

Their reason? It looks like the Sims.

My opinion? I dont like the Sims, i tried it once, I didnt like it.

But, regarding Home, how can one hate on Home, if they dont know much of anything besides the Demo at GDC 2007.

I dont even know, right now, if I hate or like it. Currently, I'm interested in it, so I'm keeping an eye on it, as more news of it is released.

T-Zone
lemmings arent people
Baller91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Baller91
Member since 2007 • 437 Posts
Forget about these Haters their LOsers they Got No Life , i Just cant wait for HOme its AMAZING
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#104 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Get ready for the Home-O jokes, because they're coming! Oooh, the anticipation!
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Get ready for the Home-O jokes, because they're coming! Oooh, the anticipation!donalbane

LMAO:lol: oh man thats a good one you made my day.

T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 T-Zone
Member since 2003 • 4525 Posts

I await more information...For now, I'm just going to sit back and see what ppl say about it.

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts

But, regarding Home, how can one hate on Home, if they dont know much of anything besides the Demo at GDC 2007.

I dont even know, right now, if I hate or like it. Currently, I'm interested in it, so I'm keeping an eye on it, as more news of it is released.

T-Zone
LET ME HATE LET EM HATE! SHows they're nervous. I said it looked like a Sims rip off but after watching Phil's keynote I must say that while it does look similiar it goes far beyond the Sims. And we get it for free. All that matters is that my PS3 people like it AND we throw a party at my place in home. See you guys out there. PS3 in 07!!!
cheezy909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#108 cheezy909
Member since 2006 • 1103 Posts

T-Zone
I completely agree. I am going to await more information on 'home', or perhaps even try it before i decide wether i like it or not.
Avatar image for BladeofImmortal
BladeofImmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 BladeofImmortal
Member since 2004 • 382 Posts
[QUOTE="T-Zone"]

cheezy909
I completely agree. I am going to await more information on 'home', or perhaps even try it before i decide wether i like it or not.

Well, April Beta comes out soon, and to be honest, right now I'd rather be a part of the Home beta than the Halo 3 Beta.
CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts
What PS3 owner wouldn't be interested? We've had one great game and a myriad of mediocore ones, we still haven't passed "thatbox" in terms of visuals, AND the PSN is lame. This is great news for us. I'm just waiting for the end of 07 for the good games and HOME!
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 T-Zone
Ps3 will get its dominance during the Holiday Season.
lil50cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 lil50cent
Member since 2003 • 2741 Posts
Hating on things that's FREEis just pure jealousy.tranhgiang
exactly..thats the best part about this whole thing...its free
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 T-Zone
But what about the content within it?
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts
But what about the content within it?T-Zone
I suppose many of the mini-games will be free, as well as trailers and stuff like that. Should there be entire movies and such, I think it's only logical that you'll have to pay for those.
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 T-Zone
Hmm, I see...
strickers6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 strickers6
Member since 2006 • 438 Posts
I think that technically Motorstorm surpasses any "that box"games and I include GeOW,pretty though it is.
PantsOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#117 PantsOfFury
Member since 2005 • 414 Posts

[QUOTE="PantsOfFury"][QUOTE="tranhgiang"]Hating on things that's FREEis just pure jealousy.real_nimrod

The problem is, that it's not all going to be free. Sure the basic main core of it is free, but I can guarantee you that Sony will find a way to milk out your money for something insignificant. I'm going to sit and wait on this one, if Sony actually delivers what they promise for once, it might actually make me decide to buy a PS3.

xbox live has custom stuff which costs money (picture packs anyone).

I never said it isn't, I was just pointing out the fact that what he was getting isn't truly free.
azzuri09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 azzuri09
Member since 2006 • 186 Posts

Though I may not do everything in Home nor get too carried away in it, I know as a fact that it is really freakin cool and I know I'll have fun with it. People who are hating on it, are the ones that are nervous that this might be better than their gaming community.Flame_Blade88

i feel exactly the same

CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 CR00K
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts

It really isn't like sims that much at all other than the "customize your house" thing.  You don't make your character move by clicking somwhere and commanding them to walk there.  You actually control your character in 3rd person. 

I really think it's funny that they're hating on it.  They just keep trying to think of things to bash, but fail miserably.

T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 T-Zone
Honestly, are any of you gon download it?
swordfish_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 swordfish_64
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts
If you actually watched Phil's demo of Home and were not impressed, then you are officially a hater. This freaking service looks f***ing amazing. Xbots, you have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you for pwnage
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 T-Zone
Ok, to me, I wasnt really googling at the graphics, I want to know how this will all lay out in the future.
pennst8grad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 pennst8grad
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts
Are you f'ing kidding me?!! That demo was neat as hell. Hope it lives up to the hype!! (although it seems impossible for Sony these days...haters)
ungodlyabyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 ungodlyabyss
Member since 2006 • 189 Posts
If only they can pull it off.  Dropping the couches look tedious, lol.
NickinAround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 NickinAround
Member since 2003 • 3430 Posts
I watched the presentation, and I'm not impressed. I have a real social life thank you. I want all the current issues addressed. How about giving the "HD is when we say it is!" console scaling so I can actually play in HD! Achievements, cool, I don't care if people come to my apartment and see my trophy. It's innovative, but needlessly so. It's just dumb unless you enjoy pretending to be cool and having an online social life.
hyofinkl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#126 hyofinkl
Member since 2006 • 698 Posts

I'm not really big on console to online connectivity, I'd rather have myself a really good single player game. However, Home looks amazing.  I can't wait to try it out on my PS3 come fall.

letusgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 letusgame
Member since 2005 • 667 Posts
The people on this planet is stupid.
control155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 control155
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
i look at this way. who was the first to switch from cartidges to disks.sony and the ps1. thank you. so that means everyone else copied sony.
Psythce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Psythce
Member since 2003 • 1173 Posts
i look at this way. who was the first to switch from cartidges to disks.sony and the ps1. thank you. so that means everyone else copied sony.control155
Your still going around with this claim? this time , in a post with over 128 comments? Dude , You are really on the road to becoming the biggest nerd on these forums...again...SONY DID NOT SWITCH FROM CARTRIDGE TO CD FIRST!! ( SEGA!!! )
notdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 notdead
Member since 2006 • 188 Posts
as soon as a clan member says, "hey ive just got this new movie. would you like to come to my Home and watch it?" people will be hooked. i cant see why you'd say no. unless of course you've seen it or don't like that type of movie. people are going to get into it. i really cant see a way not to. now i didn't like Second Life but this brings you into a community you already like. now you don't have to find a group of Resistance fans.  you pop in the disc and play with them on-line and later meet up in the Home world and shoot the sh*t. the community is already in place.
DBhova23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 DBhova23
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts
All i gotta say is Sony is back in the game.. they had me worried just a bit bout my PS3 but i see why it has such great potential. Its gonna be a big Fall Quarter for Sony with the Exclusives and Home and everyone will stop hating on the PS3.. also LittleBigPlanet is nice.

PSN ID: DBhova23
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts
[QUOTE="NickinAround"]I watched the presentation, and I'm not impressed. I have a real social life thank you. [...] ! Achievements, cool, I don't care if people come to my apartment and see my trophy. It's innovative, but needlessly so. It's just dumb unless you enjoy pretending to be cool and having an online social life.

Home doesn't mean that you'll have to throw your social life over board and ony 'live' inside your PS3. I think it's funny how many on this board act as if Home is a threatening replacement for real life, which it isn't. It's a place for the entire PS3 community to meet, and of course you could've just had some kind of forum or public chat rooms. But that would be sooooo boring and "not original", wouldn't it? ;) Heck, the technology is there, vast opportunities for creativity, information and fun are offered in a beautiful package, so what's wrong with that?
notdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 notdead
Member since 2006 • 188 Posts
[QUOTE="NickinAround"]I watched the presentation, and I'm not impressed. I have a real social life thank you. I want all the current issues addressed. How about giving the "HD is when we say it is!" console scaling so I can actually play in HD! Achievements, cool, I don't care if people come to my apartment and see my trophy. It's innovative, but needlessly so. It's just dumb unless you enjoy pretending to be cool and having an online social life.

you obviously can take time from your busy social life to waist time posting  on a video game forum. now tell me why you cant make time to talk with a clan member or video game buddies in a cool way.
control155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 control155
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
[QUOTE="notdead"][QUOTE="NickinAround"]I watched the presentation, and I'm not impressed. I have a real social life thank you. I want all the current issues addressed. How about giving the "HD is when we say it is!" console scaling so I can actually play in HD! Achievements, cool, I don't care if people come to my apartment and see my trophy. It's innovative, but needlessly so. It's just dumb unless you enjoy pretending to be cool and having an online social life.

you obviously can take time from your busy social life to waist time posting  on a video game forum. now tell me why you cant make time to talk with a clan member or video game buddies in a cool way.

if sony hadnt gone with the 3-d world and gone with forums and public chat rooms think of the crap they would get form that. i mean they already are getting framed for coping sims.
swordfish_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 swordfish_64
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts

Hell yeah I want to go into my apartment with my brother and cousins and clan members before or after a Socom match and shoot some pool and play some arcade games and shoot the **** with the bluetooth headset I'm gonna have to buy now. Even watch a movie or listen to a new song, video clip, movie that someone's streaming

T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 T-Zone
What next? PPL gon call Sony Crooks?
Hedon_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Hedon_1
Member since 2006 • 82 Posts
How can people HATE the Playstation Second Life if they haven't even used it?! I can understand not having an interest in this feature, but to already HATE it. Come on.

I have no interest in this feature personally, but I know others will enjoy it.
risi37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 risi37
Member since 2005 • 4542 Posts
I think its a rgeat idea and one of the best sony had,but who cares what people say as long as we ps3 owners are happy its good
ocelotcougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ocelotcougar
Member since 2005 • 2099 Posts
I'm really starting to like it, I wnat to virtually bowl and play pool.
ChubbyBiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 ChubbyBiddy
Member since 2005 • 208 Posts
I'm looking forward to checking out the Hall of Fame and other aspects of home, once I get my PS3 first :wink:.
somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts
I think along with home, Sony should have a flat "at a glance" type of interface that users can use to see their trophies, friends info, stats, start up a chat with a friend, send a game invite and whatever else. that way if you don't feel like going into home you can still get all those features. I like home, and I'm sure I'll use it and have fun, but I don't want to always go into home to chat with friends or look at stats.
Paul_TheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Paul_TheGreat
Member since 2004 • 9085 Posts
Those haters have been owned.
VonGak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 VonGak
Member since 2003 • 15399 Posts
[QUOTE="somesthetic"]I think along with home, Sony should have a flat "at a glance" type of interface that users can use to see their trophies, friends info, stats, start up a chat with a friend, send a game invite and whatever else. that way if you don't feel like going into home you can still get all those features. I like home, and I'm sure I'll use it and have fun, but I don't want to always go into home to chat with friends or look at stats.

Had you actually been following the news instead of blindly hating (?) then you would also know that Home is an optional abstraction layer which you do not even have to download and that everything can be done from the XMB.
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 eclipsed4utoo
Member since 2006 • 10578 Posts
But what about the content within it?T-Zone
just like with the PSN....some things will be free...some things you will have to pay for.
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 eclipsed4utoo
[QUOTE="real_nimrod"]

[QUOTE="PantsOfFury"][QUOTE="tranhgiang"]Hating on things that's FREEis just pure jealousy.PantsOfFury

The problem is, that it's not all going to be free. Sure the basic main core of it is free, but I can guarantee you that Sony will find a way to milk out your money for something insignificant. I'm going to sit and wait on this one, if Sony actually delivers what they promise for once, it might actually make me decide to buy a PS3.

xbox live has custom stuff which costs money (picture packs anyone).

I never said it isn't, I was just pointing out the fact that what he was getting isn't truly free.

so if all I want is the core things that come included....how much is that going to cost me? nothing? wouldn't that be considered "free"?
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 eclipsed4utoo
[QUOTE="NickinAround"]I watched the presentation, and I'm not impressed. I have a real social life thank you. I want all the current issues addressed. How about giving the "HD is when we say it is!" console scaling so I can actually play in HD! Achievements, cool, I don't care if people come to my apartment and see my trophy. It's innovative, but needlessly so. It's just dumb unless you enjoy pretending to be cool and having an online social life.

but yet you have 3100 posts on an ONLINE GAME FORUM. oh the irony.
Jamh83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Jamh83
Member since 2006 • 689 Posts
[QUOTE="somesthetic"]I think along with home, Sony should have a flat "at a glance" type of interface that users can use to see their trophies, friends info, stats, start up a chat with a friend, send a game invite and whatever else. that way if you don't feel like going into home you can still get all those features. I like home, and I'm sure I'll use it and have fun, but I don't want to always go into home to chat with friends or look at stats.

Phil already said that most of Home's features would be accessible from the XMB.
NickinAround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 NickinAround
[QUOTE="Nightflash28"][QUOTE="NickinAround"]I watched the presentation, and I'm not impressed. I have a real social life thank you. [...] ! Achievements, cool, I don't care if people come to my apartment and see my trophy. It's innovative, but needlessly so. It's just dumb unless you enjoy pretending to be cool and having an online social life.

Home doesn't mean that you'll have to throw your social life over board and ony 'live' inside your PS3. I think it's funny how many on this board act as if Home is a threatening replacement for real life, which it isn't. It's a place for the entire PS3 community to meet, and of course you could've just had some kind of forum or public chat rooms. But that would be sooooo boring and "not original", wouldn't it? ;) Heck, the technology is there, vast opportunities for creativity, information and fun are offered in a beautiful package, so what's wrong with that?

I don't wanna run around and have a makebelieve apartment unless it's a well done video game. Not just a product pushing center.
NickinAround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 NickinAround
[QUOTE="eclipsed4utoo"][QUOTE="NickinAround"]I watched the presentation, and I'm not impressed. I have a real social life thank you. I want all the current issues addressed. How about giving the "HD is when we say it is!" console scaling so I can actually play in HD! Achievements, cool, I don't care if people come to my apartment and see my trophy. It's innovative, but needlessly so. It's just dumb unless you enjoy pretending to be cool and having an online social life.

but yet you have 3100 posts on an ONLINE GAME FORUM. oh the irony.

Yeah...and look how long I've been here douchebag, 3100 posts of the period of time I've been here, is peanuts. OH THE STUPIDITY!
Jamh83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Jamh83
Member since 2006 • 689 Posts
To all the haters and naysayers I say:

W3lcom3 Chang3, W3lcom3 Hom3.