It's Official. PPL already Hating on Home.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 T-Zone
Member since 2003 • 4525 Posts

Their reason? It looks like the Sims.

My opinion? I dont like the Sims, i tried it once, I didnt like it.

But, regarding Home, how can one hate on Home, if they dont know much of anything besides the Demo at GDC 2007.

I dont even know, right now, if I hate or like it. Currently, I'm interested in it, so I'm keeping an eye on it, as more news of it is released.

KEM92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KEM92
Member since 2006 • 1368 Posts
trust me you'll like it. you'll beviewing it in HD if you have an HDTV. and you'll be talking to actual people not just the computer.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but what does PPL mean?
teh_ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 teh_ben
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
People.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
People.teh_ben
That's what i was thinking. Thanks.
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 T-Zone
The only thing that gots me kinda Agreed with, is the Hall of Fame. Sony's answer to M$' Achievement List.
rastadub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rastadub
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
ya im really looking forward for home, i to me it looks pretty cool since you can talk to other people who owns ps3 and being to direct your space and stuff
NextGenNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NextGenNow
Member since 2007 • 2622 Posts
Home will be awesome they're just jealous :P
tranhgiang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tranhgiang
Member since 2005 • 365 Posts
Hating on things that's FREE is just pure jealousy.
Fauij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Fauij
Member since 2006 • 608 Posts
lol snakes on a plane, mybad man but that cracks me uppp.....
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Though I may not do everything in Home nor get too carried away in it, I know as a fact that it is really freakin cool and I know I'll have fun with it. People who are hating on it, are the ones that are nervous that this might be better than their gaming community.
Correyov31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Correyov31
Member since 2005 • 358 Posts

So what if it they think they copied the sims. Isn't every other MMORPG a copy based off of the sims? It happens all the time just look at what microsoft did with windows and what apple did with their OS. They all get their ideas from somewhere.

bondps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bondps3
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts
it looks fantastic, is fantastic, and i cant wait.
useLOGIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 useLOGIC
Member since 2006 • 2802 Posts
there are so many ways things can evolve from here. be happy, people who are hating on it are people who hate sony. sony has taken an evolutionary step and phil harrison is a huge powerful influence in it, which is why HE delivered the "game 3.0" keynote.

LittleBigPlanet is a perfect example of what sony has been after all this time. this in conjunction with psh = great success (in borat voice) for sony.
jasonbay1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jasonbay1988
Member since 2006 • 80 Posts
I cant wait for this , and the hate really is from fanboys which hate on everything about Ps3 , If its not that we dont have anything its the we copied and are lame , If im correct this really goes above and beyond mii/achievment copying , correct? "counts downs days to maybe release: , Wow this really is far away , which means it wont be rushed , that would totally kill it if it were rushed.
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
I barely can see the connection from Home to the Sims, I mean it's not like I'm gonna have to watch over my avatar 24/7 whether he might be hungry or showing him the way to the can. More like Second Life and even that is just doing what everyone else has been, only in 3D. You could say, Gamespot's emblems are trophies you can look at by visiting someone's personal profile. And the connection to the Miis is nowhere to be seen since you don't really do anything with them or can you walk around with your Mii and talk to other people via the Mii?
useLOGIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 useLOGIC
[QUOTE="BenderUnit22"]I barely can see the connection from Home to the Sims, I mean it's not like I'm gonna have to watch over my avatar 24/7 whether he might be hungry or showing him the way to the can. More like Second Life and even that is just doing what everyone else has been, only in 3D. You could say, Gamespot's emblems are trophies you can look at by visiting someone's personal profile. And the connection to the Miis is nowhere to be seen since you don't really do anything with them or can you walk around with your Mii and talk to other people via the Mii?

it seems as if people have become so comfortable with accusations of sony copying others that they refuse to see that sony may not be comparable to other things after all - rather, more original. a pitty. pff.
SkyCastleDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SkyCastleDan
Member since 2006 • 2015 Posts
It looks like fun. But I'm sure that the bias gamespot has shown to the PS3 (anyone read that bs Motorstorm review?) will carry over to HOME and it will be thrashed on this here website. As for me, like I have for the past several months already, I'll just keep having fun while the haters on this website, both fans and writers, continue to be envious of my better next-gen console.
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
Its simple people are hating on it because Sony took the idea of a online community and took it to the next level. Achievements look like a joke now, I rather have a hall of fame were all my trophies are 3D while I have screens in the back ground playing my greatest hits. And Nintendo didn't create avatars so people should quit crying because Sony actually did it better.
useLOGIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 useLOGIC
Its simple people are hating on it because Sony took the idea of a online community and took it to the next level. Achievements look like a joke now, I rather have a hall of fame were all my trophies are 3D while I have screens in the back ground playing my greatest hits. And Nintendo didn't create avatars so people should quit crying because Sony actually did it better.2beers_in_hand

i said this in another thread already, thats its become almost fashionable to bash sony and say that theyre copying companies, while ignoring the huge evolutionary step thats taking place simultaneously...
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

Its simple people are hating on it because Sony took the idea of a online community and took it to the next level. Achievements look like a joke now, I rather have a hall of fame were all my trophies are 3D while I have screens in the back ground playing my greatest hits. And Nintendo didn't create avatars so people should quit crying because Sony actually did it better.2beers_in_hand

THANK YOU!!

everyone should just quit b*****n about the Home its going to be an optional, FREE download!!

WHAT MORE DO YOU PEOPLE WANT

Gamefisher86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Gamefisher86
Member since 2004 • 588 Posts
eh its just jealousy that people are showing.  Honestly how can someone hate this?  It doesnt cost anyone anything!!!!  (if you already have a ps3) This is awsome and noone says you have to use it!!  I am personally looking forward to this.  This is a really nice touch and this just shows how innovative sony has become.  Im not going to rag on the other systems but why didnt they think of this first???   Cuz they didnt want to go beyond the tried and true method.  Sony likes taking risks and so far it has been paying off case in point > psx first true 3d game consol (correct me if im wrong I appreciate it.) ps2 first game consol with an emotions engine and dvd player, now ps3 blueray, cell, and home for free.  Im sorry but I fail to see how this is a rip off. 
queenster08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 queenster08
Member since 2005 • 859 Posts
I had no clue what it was until 5 minutes ago, and I can't wait.  That is such a cool idea.  It makes you feel like you are in the PS3.
joevfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 joevfx
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts

But, regarding Home, how can one hate on Home, if they dont know much of anything besides the Demo at GDC 2007.

I dont even know, right now, if I hate or like it. Currently, I'm interested in it, so I'm keeping an eye on it, as more news of it is released.

T-Zone
anyway who cares that it looks like sims, so what big deal. its free and its online.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#25 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Anyone with a copy of World of Warcraft has had the ability to do this for years. It's neat, but it's neither visually nor conceptually revolutionary. Home does sound like a way to bolster support for a damaged brand, but I wonder if getting in and out of games with your new found chums is going to be as clunky as the rest of the PS3s general operations. Untill I find out that Home isn't just going to be an experience along the lines of Final Fantasy XI with hiptastic Sims, I'm waiting before I pass any judgment on the service. Even if it's cool, (and it looks like it really could be... ) if you have to root around in numerous submenus looking for variations of a particular emote, then it's going to be broken from day 1. But if that's the case, it can only get better, right? PS3... a system on the GROW! Home had better have plushies and hookers like 2nd Life, that's all I can say.
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Alpha2
Member since 2003 • 3203 Posts
They never said revlolutionary, it's the way it's being used that;s new. See Second Life and There have their costs and hitches. But Home is more than those two (why people keep saying sims is baffling since these two games are more like what Home is emmulating). Home isnt JUST the avatars it's everything you do with them from downloading trailers to sharing things to offering content and connecting with friends.

Just imagine if Home works the way they seem to be suggesting you can be playing a game of Motorstorm, get a Message from a friend and instead of dropping into the XMB to send an email you jump directly into Home from the XMB high five him and invite him to come race you. It's a lot more cool than voice chat or video chat and it's integrated in to the system rather than trying to be a standalone MMORPG with missions and such that you arnt really intersted in. All your advancements as an avatar come from what you do in REAL games, not in some instance camping spawns.
akuya32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 akuya32
Member since 2006 • 1166 Posts
No matter what Sony does people will hate no matter what, so there is no need to make a thread about it. Same thing goes with the 360 and everything else. No matter what fanboys are going to hate. Thats the difference between gamers and fanboys. Its pretty funny to me, but thats the way its going to be no matter what. Sony can give everyone a free system and fanboys will find a way to hate. Its what they do.
Home seems ok, but for me I wonder how its going to improve online play. Yes its kewl I can talk 2 friends and have  them over, but if i really want to do that they will come over to my real house or vice versa. It has a lot of promise, but I hope it makes the online gaming a better experience.

PSN:Meeks32

Gamers Game....Fanboys Pick Sides........
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 T-Zone
I think that MS fans and Nintendo ( I like u) fans, are afraid that the King aka Sony will take thier place back on the Throne again.
volcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 volcus
Member since 2006 • 311 Posts
People are just in damage control, they didn't expect anything so big to come from Sony after all the negative stuff.
mikeslemonade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mikeslemonade
Member since 2006 • 3624 Posts
HOME is going to evolve over time, so I don't care if people hate it.  In fact people who hate it will only motivate Sony to make it better.  
autobotsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 autobotsx
Member since 2004 • 70 Posts
lol snakes on a plane, mybad man but that cracks me uppp.....Fauij

i 2nd that LOL
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I think that MS fans and Nintendo ( I like u) fans, are afraid that the King aka Sony will take thier place back on the Throne again.T-Zone

I'm a huge fan of nintendo and I couldint be happier for sony. Hell i'm getting a ps3 soon. The thing that makes me made is that when people complain,but they asked sony for this. For example 360 owners are like "why doesint the PS3 have Achievements like 360?" Sounds like they are asking sony to do it which they are going to,but when they do every 360 fanboy freaks out. I mean WTH?! it doesint make any sense at all. Also how is sony copieing? I mean avatars have existed way before wii and I think before sims too. Also achievements been around before XBL. Like in a flash game or other types a games that give you a little reward for doing something. The only reason people dont notice that avatars and achievements been around for a while is either A) Just didint know they existed before wii and XBL and should look around before complaing about thief or B)Just ignorant fanboys who dont want to be wrong. 

Master__Shake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Master__Shake
Member since 2002 • 6214 Posts

T-Zone
My reaons for hating on home: 1.They took the ease of use of xbox live and added an unnessaricary 3d element to it. SO it looks like the sims and it takes a while to get to the content you want, ie walking ur toon. 2. Forced commercials in your face. Being at the conference today, I could say Phil was very excited about this prospect. 3. YEah watchign video content in a tv in a fake world is cool( or is not) but Those videos were on the HDD not steamign I don't want to watch streamign HD footage becaus eit will a stutter or take a whiel to load. 4. The whole apt and achievement thing seems like one big e-peen fest. Who likes that? 5. Talkign to random people in cyber space...sounds...great....I'd only wanna talk to my friends, not strangers...strangers on the net are strange...not the kind of people I'd want to talk to let alone visit their virtual apt. 6. THis looks to have all the fun of WoW...if all their was to WoW was siting around in Ironforge. 7.None of this translates into games, it's removed element. I can video chat with friends whiel playign games on 360. While I was unimpressed with Home, LittleBigPlanet...Amazing stuff.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 finalfantasy94
[QUOTE="T-Zone"]

Master__Shake

My reaons for hating on home: 1.They took the ease of use of xbox live and added an unnessaricary 3d element to it. SO it looks like the sims and it takes a while to get to the content you want, ie walking ur toon. 2. Forced commercials in your face. Being at the conference today, I could say Phil was very excited about this prospect. 3. YEah watchign video content in a tv in a fake world is cool( or is not) but Those videos were on the HDD not steamign I don't want to watch streamign HD footage becaus eit will a stutter or take a whiel to load. 4. The whole apt and achievement thing seems like one big e-peen fest. Who likes that? 5. Talkign to random people in cyber space...sounds...great....I'd only wanna talk to my friends, not strangers...strangers on the net are strange...not the kind of people I'd want to talk to let alone visit their virtual apt. 6. THis looks to have all the fun of WoW...if all their was to WoW was siting around in Ironforge. 7.None of this translates into games, it's removed element. I can video chat with friends whiel playign games on 360. While I was unimpressed with Home, LittleBigPlanet...Amazing stuff.

Umm you know to answer #5 you dont have to talk to random people you could just only allow certain people to your house. To be honest this seems way more interesting then scrolling through some bars in xbl. How is this "unnessaricary" that doesint make sense. It gives the achivements more of a grand feel. Have you seen the trouphy room on gamtrailers? I'm sorry, but its way cooler to see those trophys in 3d and the video of how you got them then just seeing a square box saying you did thise or that.

GilHerad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GilHerad
Member since 2005 • 413 Posts

So what if it they think they copied the sims. Isn't every other MMORPG a copy based off of the sims?

Correyov31
No.....Every other MMORPG is not a copy of sims. What are you smoking? Sims isnt even RPG and it sure as hell aint online. Its got an avatar thats it. Wow, it must be a copy of messageboards! And just to clarify, Home isnt a game. Its a metagame like second life. But it looks awsome though.
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts
Anyone with a copy of World of Warcraft has had the ability to do this for years.donalbane
I played WoW for nearly two years, and now you're trying to tell me that me and 8 million other players overlooked the option of having your own appartment in the game? Damn! :P Anyways, that statement really didn't make much sense. So PS3 owners could just as well log on to WoW and do... what? Invite others to a game of Resistance? Play pool in the lounge, watch movies at your or others' homes? This feature might have a pretty huge impact on the PS3 community. So far, all reports I read about Home were extremely positive ones and the authors really loved it (those people have seen more than just the video we know). I think, for once, you could also be a bit more positive about it. ;)
autobotsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 autobotsx
Member since 2004 • 70 Posts
They never said revlolutionary, it's the way it's being used that;s new. See Second Life and There have their costs and hitches. But Home is more than those two (why people keep saying sims is baffling since these two games are more like what Home is emmulating). Home isnt JUST the avatars it's everything you do with them from downloading trailers to sharing things to offering content and connecting with friends.

Just imagine if Home works the way they seem to be suggesting you can be playing a game of Motorstorm, get a Message from a friend and instead of dropping into the XMB to send an email you jump directly into Home from the XMB high five him and invite him to come race you. It's a lot more cool than voice chat or video chat and it's integrated in to the system rather than trying to be a standalone MMORPG with missions and such that you arnt really intersted in. All your advancements as an avatar come from what you do in REAL games, not in some instance camping spawns.
Alpha2

EXACTLY thats what iam hoping there trying to do it seems thats the way. Like xbox live where u can do everything but just in 3d avatar form instead so its a nice little touch. Cant wait woot woot but first need myself a ps3 =(
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts
[QUOTE="Master__Shake"] My reaons for hating on home: 1.They took the ease of use of xbox live and added an unnessaricary 3d element to it. SO it looks like the sims and it takes a while to get to the content you want, ie walking ur toon. -You'll have a virtual PSP which you'll use as your menu. You can jump to places using this menu, so you don't have to walk everywhere. 2. Forced commercials in your face. Being at the conference today, I could say Phil was very excited about this prospect. -If a couple of game posters or displays on the walls running new trailers bother you... (IGN called the ads 'non-invasive') 3. YEah watchign video content in a tv in a fake world is cool( or is not) but Those videos were on the HDD not steamign I don't want to watch streamign HD footage becaus eit will a stutter or take a whiel to load. - As far as I know you can 'zoom in' on the screen, filling out your field ov view. As to how well the streaming will work, well, we'll have to wait and see. Mind you, there are some services that stream hi-res movies without stuttering. 4. The whole apt and achievement thing seems like one big e-peen fest. Who likes that? - LOL! The entire Xbox community?! 5. Talkign to random people in cyber space...sounds...great....I'd only wanna talk to my friends, not strangers...strangers on the net are strange...not the kind of people I'd want to talk to let alone visit their virtual apt - Wow: everybody on the web besides you and your friends is 'strange'? Nobody's forcing you to talk to strangers. Makes me wonder why you'd be on an online forum, exchanging your thoughts with us 'strange strangers' here... 6. THis looks to have all the fun of WoW...if all their was to WoW was siting around in Ironforge. - Home isn't a game, but a new means of communication and exchange within the PS3 community. (And yeah, I often sat in IF talking to guildmates and friends when I was tired of raiding or BGs). 7.None of this translates into games, it's removed element. I can video chat with friends whiel playign games on 360. - How is it not related to games? Companies can set up their own Home spaces which you can visit to get news about upcoming titles, downloads, trailers etc. You can invite other people to game sessions, there are mini-games to be played, 'achievements' are presented there... I think it wonderfully ties everything together and offers so much more.

ps3rulesss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ps3rulesss
Member since 2006 • 124 Posts

T-Zone

its not like sims....u have ur own character...u give him room put ur stuff in it..put videos...there are mini games...
its not like u hav to watch the player grow up and make a family and get a job...its good...like a virtual community
where you can interact with friends
its like live but with virtual characters and a lot more stuff to do

BTW i luv ur sig
LMAO
Master__Shake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Master__Shake
Member since 2002 • 6214 Posts
[QUOTE="Master__Shake"][QUOTE="T-Zone"]

finalfantasy94

Umm you know to answer #5 you dont have to talk to random people you could just only allow certain people to your house. To be honest this seems way more interesting then scrolling through some bars in xbl. How is this "unnessaricary" that doesint make sense. It gives the achivements more of a grand feel. Have you seen the trouphy room on gamtrailers? I'm sorry, but its way cooler to see those trophys in 3d and the video of how you got them then just seeing a square box saying you did thise or that.

I was there and saw the virtual trophies. Kinda lame, someone has to come over to your apt just to see how big your epeen is. Pretty silly. In theory it's great, but once you add humans to the mix theory is out the window. SO i give it 10 minutes of beign live before selling apt tours with promises of porn inside their virutal apartments.
MetalHead_PS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MetalHead_PS3
Member since 2006 • 295 Posts
Its official, People need to spell people as PPL. Really anoying.
-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts
Let ppl hate they are the only ones that are going to be missing out on the fun...
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 2beers_in_hand
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="Master__Shake"][QUOTE="T-Zone"]

Master__Shake

I was there and saw the virtual trophies. Kinda lame, someone has to come over to your apt just to see how big your epeen is. Pretty silly. In theory it's great, but once you add humans to the mix theory is out the window. SO i give it 10 minutes of beign live before selling apt tours with promises of porn inside their virutal apartments.

Do me and favor and please stop the damage control oh and by the way that live tag you got in your sig you should really get rid of it did you hear its now obsolete. 
roman2003h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 roman2003h
Member since 2004 • 219 Posts
[QUOTE="T-Zone"]

Master__Shake

Random! Lets just wait and see....
krispydigital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 krispydigital
Member since 2005 • 413 Posts
I don't know about you...but... what's to dislike about user customization that FREE and.... optional?!

Well...actually...If I wasn't able to get a ps3...i guess I'd lie to myself to feel better.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 finalfantasy94

Master__Shake

But showing little squares to people saying you did something isint?

Bloodzombie77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#47 Bloodzombie77
Member since 2003 • 244 Posts
MS fans are starting to retaliate against HOME already with their "Micro-transactions in home will drain all of your wallets faster than XB Live ever could" argument. *Laughs to self* Please don't flame, just stating a fact
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 2beers_in_hand
[QUOTE="Master__Shake"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="Master__Shake"][QUOTE="T-Zone"]

finalfantasy94

But showing little squares to people saying you did something isint?

You forgot to mention your greatest hits playing in the background show you or your clan wiping the floor with you opponents.
deepankar_arya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deepankar_arya
Member since 2006 • 434 Posts
What are u saying??? PS Home looks Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VonGak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 VonGak
Member since 2003 • 15399 Posts

Master__Shake

LOL, you are so grasping for straws. :) Wouldn't expect anything less from you after all this time of trying to promote the 360 on this very board.