Is the PS4 worth getting for its exclusives?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Killua_Zoldyck
Member since 2015 • 59 Posts

I currently own an X1 and Wii U. I'm very content with both, but I want a PS4 fot Bloodborne, TLOU, Second Son, and J-Stars Victory Vs+.

Should I just stick to what I have, or go ahead and complete the trio of consoles?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Not really, for me exclusives are only the cherry on top of the cake, out of all the games I own exclusives represent only 15 % of all the games I have for that system.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Killua_Zoldyck

@raugutcon:

So not even for Bloodborne and TLOU?

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4  Edited By Nirogol
Member since 2015 • 511 Posts

I know i looks like a pure fanboy with my compliments for this game in every topic, but i just love it what can i do... i think Bloodborne worth buying of PS4.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I don't even like any of the PS4's exclusives at this point except for Killzone. Am looking towards Uncharted 4 but so far there isn't much for me like I thought there would be when I bought it.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Killua_Zoldyck

Sounds like it's not worth it yet. That stinks.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 raugutcon

@killua_zoldyck said:

@raugutcon:

So not even for Bloodborne and TLOU?

Nope, the catch of the exclusives is that they are fine as long as you like it, I don´t like RPGS so Bloodborne doesn´t count for me.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It's worth buying for exclusives and multiplats

It'll let you stop playing the worst version of everything on the Xbox One

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56103 Posts

@killua_zoldyck: If I were you, I get it anyways for future uses and I already own all 3 current-gen consoles as it is. There's only one game on PS4 I really enjoy it's Infamous: Second Son Second Son was the reason why I own PS4 at launch before it got delay from the PS4 launch games. Now it depends on what type of games your looking for on PS4 but so far, it's gotten better since there's more games to be coming out like Godzilla and God of War 3 Remastered if you're into God of War series that is.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 raugutcon

So far the only exclusive I have enjoyed in my PoS4 has been KSF, the rest are either not my tase ( like Bloodborne ) or a complete disappointment ( like The Order ).

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

Uncharted 4 look so great. Horizon Zero dawn look great too. But unfortunately and even if I'd like to play this game next year, I doubt the PS4 is worth for the exclusive. Maybe you could rent a PS4 at the store sometimes.

I guess that exclusive is important for the customer when he have the choice between xbox, pc and ps4.

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HoVDaHuSTLa1
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

".....any of the PS4's exclusives.....except for Killzone." Wow, I would have never thought I'd hear that. Not that I'm going against your opinion because I loved Killzone in every way, just never thought someone would put it over Bloodborne and Second Son.

@pimphand_gamer said:

I don't even like any of the PS4's exclusives at this point except for Killzone. Am looking towards Uncharted 4 but so far there isn't much for me like I thought there would be when I bought it.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

No.

phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

yes

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@killua_zoldyck said:

I currently own an X1 and Wii U. I'm very content with both, but I want a PS4 fot Bloodborne, TLOU, Second Son, and J-Stars Victory Vs+.

Should I just stick to what I have, or go ahead and complete the trio of consoles?

We are in the same situation...just opposite consoles! I have a PS4 but eventually will get an XB1, it's just that at the moment, there's nothing on it that I want.

"BUT" I will say that the PS4 has a slightly better current exclusive line up then the XB1

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer

@HoVDaHuSTLa1 said:

".....any of the PS4's exclusives.....except for Killzone." Wow, I would have never thought I'd hear that. Not that I'm going against your opinion because I loved Killzone in every way, just never thought someone would put it over Bloodborne and Second Son.

@pimphand_gamer said:

I'm not very fond of 3rd person games anymore. Maybe 10+ years ago I might have liked a game like Second Son but the super hero badass stuff isn't for me these days. It's rare that I find one I really like. I also don't have time for really hard ones like Bloodborne which looks repetitive to me. Drive Club was a dissapointment for obvious reasons but I did buy it and tried to enjoy it but ultimately the weather patch came out way too late, the graphics weren't really quite as good in gameplay as hyped in technical details and pics would suggest. I also thought I would really enjoy Destiny but when I read the reviews, I realized it wasn't for me. Same with 1886, looked great until I read the reviews and heard from other gamers. I don't want to play a movie. But it's not like I actually played every PS exclusive ya know...I have a backlog of games on PC alone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

To answer your original question about if you should buy a PS4 for the exclusive content/games? No. There are not that many "great" games out right now. It seems that most developers patiently wait for E3. Give us limited content and make us wait until the game is released for "exclusive content, DLC, etc." I still don't understand why we STILL have two major systems out there...and yes, I am deliberately NOT including the WiiU because it is a different genre in gaming. There are few true exclusives out there anymore. A lot of times developers screw potential buyers because of the content...or lack of in most cases. This is mostly due to Sony or Microsoft spending millions to literally get 30 minutes worth of extra content, or two new weapons first. Don't even get me started on DLC released shortly AFTER the release of the game. Shady practices are leading to the demise of gaming because big companies are involved trying to make one more extra dollar.

@killua_zoldyck said:

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

If you really want to play those 4 games then go ahead and buy one. I think 4 exclusives that you want to play is enough at this point (theres obviously more coming too). I bought an xbox one for sunset overdrive, fable legends and crackdown.

Chronogos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chronogos
Member since 2014 • 392 Posts

@killua_zoldyck: I would save the $400 toward the purchase of a gaming PC. I play my PS4 a lot, but it does have a very slim selection of exclusives, despite being about 2 years old.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Killua_Zoldyck

@chronogos: I have no interest in a gaming PC. Besides, I miss owning a PlayStation console. :/

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@killua_zoldyck:

@killua_zoldyck said:

Dude, if you want those games, go for it! :P Plus, the PS4 has faster UI than what you are used to, way, way, way faster installs, and 100+ more games than the Xbone. I own them all, but if you never played Infamous Second Son, The Last of Us, Bloodborne, and you wnt JStars, Go for it.

Also, multiplats are superior for the PS4, so games like Batman Arkham Knight you'll get more content and higher resolution.

My Xbone is only for exclusives.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PimpHand_Gamer

@killua_zoldyck said:

@chronogos: I have no interest in a gaming PC. Besides, I miss owning a PlayStation console. :/

You might if you checked into the huge library it has compared to PS3 and 4 combined. There are also some genre's that are rarely seen on consoles and a lot of free games. Free game weekends, daily deals, weekend deals...etc. If any gamer actually likes gaming, I don't see how they could hate a PC. Granted they aren't the most streamlined things in the world but put Steam's big screen mode on and set it to boot, it becomes the same thing.