If you like the Vita, can you sell me on it?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8773 Posts

I've heard it's a great console, but I looked at the games and see no reason to stop playing my PSP. What's so great about the Vita?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56131 Posts

@DEVILinIRON: That really depends what Vita games you are looking to play on. I came late to the Vita as I was still enjoying my PSP as well but I knew it was time to let it go, so I bought the Vita almost near its lifespan.

Though I guess right now, PS Vita is the best way to legitimately) play PS1 & PSP games since Sony's given up on its backing-track catalog of games.

PS Vita was an excellent handheld for its time, but failed for the same reasons as the Wii U and 3DS (at first) lack of games. I loved playing Vita games like Metal Gear Solid HD, Uncharted: Golden Abyss (its the only truly Vita exclusive that never left the device) Gravity Rush, and Soul Sacrifice.

If you are gonna purchase the Vita, be sure to buy the games you want to play digitally as Sony nearly killed the PS Vita store and its only a matter of time when Sony will shutdown the store.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8773 Posts

@davillain: Oh. I just assumed it had already been shut down. Thankee, sai!

Oniresurrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 Oniresurrect
Member since 2003 • 968 Posts

Well most people will say it's worth it to mod it.

I say its worth it to have a non moded one if you can find a memory card (I found a real 64g one for about 60$ years ago). The way it handles games from the PS1 and PS2 is awesome, and the fact that you can map out button changes for most means those games that needed twin stick control are finally playable (lookin at you PE 3rd birthday).