If you are a PS3 gamer....why do you bother with Gamespot?

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tlc1145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 tlc1145
Member since 2004 • 305 Posts

The community is strong, that's why.thelastguy

I agree the community is strong but the support is weak.

Avatar image for The_profeshenal
The_profeshenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 The_profeshenal
Member since 2008 • 494 Posts

I think you need to join some kind of wah baby forum so you and the other cry babies can have a nice cry. As far as I know far as I know Gamespot has not overthrown the government and mandated all people come to their website to find gaming news. You can always post on IGN or BobsConsoleGameEmporium.com.

P.S. If you put my sarcastic link in the addy bar thinking it's real clowns will come to your house and kick you in the balls.

No balls were hurt during the making of this post. Void where prohibited. Not valid in Colorado, Deleware, and Oklahoma. Please drink responsibly.

thanos723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 thanos723
Member since 2006 • 871 Posts

[QUOTE="thanos723"][QUOTE="hazelnutman"][QUOTE="thanos723"][QUOTE="hazelnutman"]

Because the community is great and I've made tons of friends here.

Now go cry in the corner and never come back if you don't like it here.

hazelnutman

this but i don't have many friends yet :(

I tracked you ;)

yay! i'm pretty boring though

You blog, so how can you be boring? :P

last one was a year ago, i'm falling behind :(. now that people will reads them, i'll actually write some more

thanos723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 thanos723
much good has come outta of this thread, thanks a lot GS hater =P
420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

hazelnutman

Same here .. I like these forums ..

Bacchus5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Bacchus5000
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I have been coming to GS for years and years, but never really use the forums here, or read them. I had to create an account just to post.

All these years, I have been coming here for news, info, pics, trailers and release dates on all games I'm interested in, and to find out about new games I may not know about. I only ever am on the forums if I see an interesting topic on the right side of the main page.

I couldn't resist this one. I have noticed the biased towards Xbox more and more as of late. I'm not sure why it is this way, but it is. I want to come to a site where I can get info on all things games, without the site itself being favored to one over another.

I am not a "Fanboy" in any way, I'm just a gamer. Xbox, PS3, Wii, PC, I don't care as long as I'm playing good games.

It really gets to me when I come here, and lets say, click on the PS3 tab at the top, and even in the PS3 section, if I click on a game that happens to be multi-plat, I get taken to the Xbox 360 version page. Did I not click the PS3 tab for a reason?

I'm not saying they have to show PS3 any more attention, I'm just saying, maybe be equal across the board. This is a general gaming plat site, not a Microsoft site.

I'm not just talking about PS3, I have a Wii, and I PC game as well. I just never got around to buying an Xbox, I wasn't even going to buy a PS3, too expensive, but somehow ended up with one. I just want to play games, and come to a site to get info about them that is equal on all fronts.

Maybe you guys could point me in the direction of one. I really like the top ten thing, that's my favorite. Always cool to see what's in there.

Bacchus5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Bacchus5000

The_profeshena wrote:

"I once blew Bill Gates."

Really?

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

I have been coming to GS for years and years, but never really use the forums here, or read them. I had to create an account just to post.

All these years, I have been coming here for news, info, pics, trailers and release dates on all games I'm interested in, and to find out about new games I may not know about. I only ever am on the forums if I see an interesting topic on the right side of the main page.

I couldn't resist this one. I have noticed the biased towards Xbox more and more as of late. I'm not sure why it is this way, but it is. I want to come to a site where I can get info on all things games, without the site itself being favored to one over another.

I am not a "Fanboy" in any way, I'm just a gamer. Xbox, PS3, Wii, PC, I don't care as long as I'm playing good games.

It really gets to me when I come here, and lets say, click on the PS3 tab at the top, and even in the PS3 section, if I click on a game that happens to be multi-plat, I get taken to the Xbox 360 version page. Did I not click the PS3 tab for a reason?

I'm not saying they have to show PS3 any more attention, I'm just saying, maybe be equal across the board. This is a general gaming plat site, not a Microsoft site.

I'm not just talking about PS3, I have a Wii, and I PC game as well. I just never got around to buying an Xbox, I wasn't even going to buy a PS3, too expensive, but somehow ended up with one. I just want to play games, and come to a site to get info about them that is equal on all fronts.

Maybe you guys could point me in the direction of one. I really like the top ten thing, that's my favorite. Always cool to see what's in there.

Bacchus5000

Yeah, we think the same thing. But according to others, we're "whining" because we're telling the truth. (coming from people that aren't even involved in that vs crap does say a lot)

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

Bacchus5000

Just one of the many clues to why GS is biased.

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts
Gamespot is mostly for forums, at least for me. This is my internet home.
PainGivingLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 PainGivingLink
Member since 2006 • 1316 Posts
I don't believe that Gamespot is biased or fanboys, etc. But I do believe that they are very tough with their reviews, and sometimes nitpick. Anyways, they still have trust-worthy reviews.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#62 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Come for the forums. Many reviews around here nowadays, often on consoles not involving boxes and x's, seem to be purely for shock value. The scores and reviews themselves don't sync well.
420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

I don't believe that Gamespot is biased or fanboys, etc. But I do believe that they are very tough with their reviews, and sometimes nitpick. Anyways, they still have trust-worthy reviews.PainGivingLink

:lol: To each his own I guess ..

Avatar image for The_profeshenal
The_profeshenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 The_profeshenal
Member since 2008 • 494 Posts

Bacchus what did you say? All I heard was waaaaahhhhh!!!

Pezhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Pezhead
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
Because, like myself, people will always answer
RadTad62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 RadTad62
Member since 2003 • 667 Posts
i come here for the forums and i have made a lot of friends and psn enemies here but the ps3 gets no love anyway whether it's from developers to on the street
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts
It it just me or did LBP just get a review a week before it launched?
thanos723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 thanos723

It it just me or did LBP just get a review a week before it launched?Ospov

i think it had to do with the fact so many people got the game early it seems. sounds like several stores across the nation(being america) put it on sale before they were suppose to. so if that many people have access to it, best to get out a review for it

JKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 JKusanagi
Member since 2005 • 815 Posts

Well you need to get used to it and learn to criticize for yourself, gametrailers also always favors 360 and so does screwattack (this ones are 360 bitc**s). I just use pages like this one to see whats new and watch what they didn't like of a game.

According to gametrailers Halo 3 has a way better story than Metal Gear Solid 4, by 1 point out of 10, thats totally stupid, but thats something not to discuss in this threat (by the way, ign gave MGS4 a perfect 10 ;) ).

Anyway... cheer on dude, PS3 rocks

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

According to gametrailers Halo 3 has a way better story than Metal Gear Solid 4, by 1 point out of 10, thats totally stupid

JKusanagi

That's like saying Unreal's story is better than Final Fantasy's lol

thanos723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 thanos723
[QUOTE="JKusanagi"]

According to gametrailers Halo 3 has a way better story than Metal Gear Solid 4, by 1 point out of 10, thats totally stupid

Denji

That's like saying Unreal's story is better than Final Fantasy's lol

i am in no ways a halo hater, but no f-ing way does it have a better story than metal gear

sneaky_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 sneaky_dude
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
because they have a forum on which you can start certain topics about hating a website because they suck at supporting PS3 and its gamers
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

Through the years I've learned to not take everyone's words seriously, a lot of you need to learn to do that too. It's just a habit that I visit the site everyday, I don't really care what the reviews say unless something ultra-radical comes up.

DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts
I agree with TC. I only stay for the forums.
babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts

For the forums.

I don't know what I'd do without thought-provoking threads like this.

jtickner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 jtickner
Member since 2005 • 499 Posts
Well I bother with GS because I like the forums, I like the community - bar some members, I like the design of GS a lot more over other gaming websites and a few other reasons. GS managed to get a good LBP review out rather early, look, the game isn't even out yet!
maoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 maoman
Member since 2004 • 268 Posts
i come to gamespot becouse of the forums. although most of them are a waste of time, its full of system wars, review complaints and stupid questions (no offense to anyone). but every once in a while you can find a good topic where u can talk about a game without all that bs.
JKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 JKusanagi

For the forums.

I don't know what I'd do without thought-provoking threads like this.

babystapler

Yeah, you get to read so many funny stuff in forums

sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

Seriously? A game got a 9/10 and that's not good enough? :?

Wicked... lol

JKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 JKusanagi

Seriously? A game got a 9/10 and that's not good enough? :?

Wicked... lol

sensfanVone

Haha, it sounds crazy but its really not enought, today people give 9 to games that are good but have flows, but if the flows can be forget by other stuff like gameplay or story, then they give it 9.5. There are really no perfect games, the legendary Ocarina of time was full of bugs and no one complained about them, because they were fun or something, but now, i see how LBP was given a 9.5 on IGN because of the bugs

spentcylinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 spentcylinder
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts

Bacchus5000

www.psu.com All Playstation. :)

Zoso-8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Zoso-8
Member since 2008 • 2047 Posts
Because I also own a 360, PSP, and PC. Besides, who cares what reviews they give the games unless you're a regular in SW.
somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts
I got banned from giant bomb for disagreeing with a moderator over whether homosapien or human was the species.
st-BiOZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 st-BiOZ

honestly the only reason i even LOGGED in was cuz of this thread. i'm not a fan of Gamespot at all.... but seems like they get news early.

* Posts here get deleted too easily if they offend someone reading (moderators), even if there's no swearing.

** Reviews arent close to what they should be. MGS a perfect 10?! GTA a perfect 10? it's not MY opinion on games like this it's just those games didn't change much at all, but they're still perfect. that's dumb.

*** This community is no diff that any other but it seems like assumptions happen way more often here (from posts i've read and even from my OWN exp.) Like an, "I'm better or know more than you type thing."

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#85 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
I got banned from giant bomb for disagreeing with a moderator over whether homosapien or human was the species.somesthetic
LOL what?
ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#86 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
Because of the forums mainly, GS is my favorite site.
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts
Purely for the forums. I find their reviews to be subpar and they take far too long to get them done most of the time. Any news I need is usually posted in SW within minutes of it breaking, too.
Schwarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Schwarte
Member since 2004 • 246 Posts

Simple answers:
Because I went to Gamespot for info way longer than the PS3 even has been around. Actually I think even longer than the PS2 has been around, but I'm not tooo sure about that.

Thing is: Even if you do not post a lot, it's fun to read the forum topics, there's a lot of info there.

AND: You shouldn't base buying decisions etc. on single reviews anyways, which make any harsh review on GS just another voice in the crowd.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#89 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
TC, you sir or madam are very sad.
michelle341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 michelle341
Member since 2008 • 734 Posts

I agree with the tc.

multiplats allways get thier reviews on the xbox 360 and only like 4 days later they bother posting a ps3 review which turns out to be exactly the same as the xbox 360 review..also whenever a game is multiplat the xbox 360 (usualy) the only one that gets a video review.

I go to ign for the reviews. I'm here for the forums

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 K1LLR3175

I agree with the tc.

multiplats allways get thier reviews on the xbox 360 and only like 4 days later they bother posting a ps3 review which turns out to be exactly the same as the xbox 360 review..also whenever a game is multiplat the xbox 360 (usualy) the only one that gets a video review.

I go to ign for the reviews. I'm here for the forums

michelle341
True but I really don't trust any reviews nowadays.I just wait for the community to speak.I tend to trust them alittle more than gamespot and IGN combine.....eww imagine there kids lol.Anyway thats the way I feel.The people I met in the forums are really cool and nice.I have not ran into any mods that have abused their''power''on me and hopefully never.
hermes200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 hermes200
Member since 2003 • 1627 Posts

Now go cry in the corner and never come back if you don't like it here. hazelnutman

That is true.

I never use GS reviews as only source, specially since Gerstmann... But the community and the news service are the best among the bunch...

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 K1LLR3175

hazelnutman
Thats no funny.I just got done doing that lol.I made this post on IGN about if you are a 360 fan why bother posting here since GS loves the 360.They told me to shut up and go cry in a corner.
Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#94 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts
[QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"]

[QUOTE="diangelogrey"]I dont mean this in a bad way, but seriously its just not worth posting this.. youll just end up getting in troubleDenji

That is one other thing I can't stand about the forums you get in trouble and punished for just about anything on here... and I also agree that the PS3 is really not viewed the same as a 360 from gamepot

Mods here abuse their "power". You can stay on topic, not type any bad words, be informative and still get modded.

hahaha please check my latest blog :lol:
tlc1145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 tlc1145
Member since 2004 • 305 Posts

Again, I agree the boards are great, but why can't we get the same love as the XBOX 360 from GS? Is it a matter of apathy or workforce? Is it a matter that game developers don't send PS3 games to GS in time like XBOX does?

I have a rough time believing either of those because it still can take weeks after a release to see any support of a game by GS. Seriously, if it is a matter of man power, I am sure there are people out there that are willing to review PS3 games for you.

Also, shout out to MusashiSensi. I usually don't call someone out, but you actually wasted one of your 5860 posts on that last one? And you call me sad? Get a life and maybe I'll actually read another post of yours.

Morfessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#96 Morfessa
Member since 2005 • 854 Posts

For me, it is good because it is international. I won't tell you just how lacking the Japanese gamespot site is (it is nothing compared to real gamesites, take my word for it). I use the Japan (JP) site for quick news and to check for downloads, then I switch over to the North America (NA) gamespot for reading the forum (sometimes posting, but hey, you can see by my stats I am a "lurker") in English.

I am a PS3 person, yes. My boyfriend plays Xbox360 (he's from Ohio, USA) and, when I watch him play, he is very happy playing sports games and violent gun-shooting games with his friends. I don't try to convince him that my games are better than his. Incidentally, he doesn't seem to care about "kimpyuderz" nor the "internat" as he calls them, so I don't think we share all of the same interests.

My answer is similar to several of the above posters who have responded to your question.
I won't answer rudely like one of the fellows before me

The (NA) gamespot forum and its "community" are two things that I like and so they keep me coming back.

I should like to point out that:

hazelnutman

This is an answer--a response to the original poster's question.

hazelnutman

This is unecessary

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 K1LLR3175

Again, I agree the boards are great, but why can't we get the same love as the XBOX 360 from GS? Is it a matter of apathy or workforce? Is it a matter that game developers don't send PS3 games to GS in time like XBOX does?

I have a rough time believing either of those because it still can take weeks after a release to see any support of a game by GS. Seriously, if it is a matter of man power, I am sure there are people out there that are willing to review PS3 games for you.

Also, shout out to MusashiSensi. I usually don't call someone out, but you actually wasted one of your 5860 posts on that last one? And you call me sad? Get a life and maybe I'll actually read another post of yours.

tlc1145
No need for this post to get ugly with bad comments.From both parts.Yes you do make points but we have already told you and everyone eles the forum and the community is the reason we are here.
ramansingh3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#98 ramansingh3
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts
I do agree with you, as we usually get the XBOX 360 verson of a game rating carried over to the ps3 page, but it has improved somewhat.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
The forums are entertaining and informative, plus I like community here. I don't base my decision on GS scores though.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
I only come here for the forums.