If sony started to charge for psn

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sonwhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sonwhy
Member since 2009 • 1032 Posts

Would you support a lawsuit against sony?

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

No.

Avatar image for deactivated-59506133570df
deactivated-59506133570df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 deactivated-59506133570df
Member since 2007 • 10348 Posts

a lawsuit would be an extremely dumb idea

if I didn't see improvements I would be very unhappy, and if it would cost more than XBL I would consider switching consoles (but only if it cost a lot more and wasn't nearly as good, I like my PS3 exclusives)

Sonwhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sonwhy

No.

Furi-Kun

And why wouldn't you?

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Furi-Kun

[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

No.

Sonwhy

And why wouldn't you?

Let's assume it did happen. What are the odds do you think people who don't agree will win? It's Sony's choice and there's nothing we can do about it. I think the only way we could win if there was some kind of loophole.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

Sonwhy
I'd rather play the lottery. . . . . .or better yet, just light a big wad of my cash on fire.
Sonwhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sonwhy

if I didn't see improvements I would be very unhappy, and if it would cost more than XBL I would consider switching consoles (but only if it cost a lot more and wasn't nearly as good, I like my PS3 exclusives)

Cody13_2012

Why would it be dumb? The service is free and now you have to start paying to use it? I woudn't want to have to start paying to use it. Its kinda like you buy a car that runs completely on electricity and requires no gas to run...say you have owned it for a couple years. Then one day the car compay that you bought it from decides hey will are going to starting charging people a monthly rate for the car seeing as your don't have to pay for gas any more. How would it be dumb to file a law suit when its pretty much comparable to being the same thing by being charged for something that starts off as free then someone gets greedy.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

Lawsuit? WTF!

Would i pay for it, hell no...

would i sign some petition to have it reversed, eh hard to say..

would i bash them for it, most likely..

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Hmmm,

Pay for PSN. Don't like the idea? Pay triple the amount to launch a lawsuit against them, that you won't have a prayer in anyways.

Yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#10 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I doubt they would ever do that anyways so I'm not even going to think about it lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-59506133570df

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

Sonwhy

Why would it be dumb? The service is free and now you have to start paying to use it? I woudn't want to have to start paying to use it. Its kinda like you buy a car that runs completely on electricity and requires no gas to run...say you have owned it for a couple years. Then one day the car compay that you bought it from decides hey will are going to starting charging people a monthly rate for the car seeing as your don't have to pay for gas any more. How would it be dumb to file a law suit when its pretty much comparable to being the same thing by being charged for something that starts off as free then someone gets greedy.

that's completely different, you have to access Sony's servers, which they pay to keep up, to play online, whether or not they charge for it is there business.

When you buy a car you no longer have anything to do with the dealership unless you are paying payments.

Sonwhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sonwhy

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

No.

Furi-Kun

And why wouldn't you?

Let's assume it did happen. What are the odds do you think people who don't agree will win? It's Sony's choice and there's nothing we can do about it. I think the only way we could win if there was some kind of loophole.

Thats what the law is all about is loopholes. Some crazy nut out there would hire a lawyer then the next thing you know there would be some kind of big petition going around. I do think its a very real law suit that could happen.

Sonwhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sonwhy

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

Cody13_2012

that's completely different, you have to access Sony's servers, which they pay to keep up, to play online, whether or not they charge for it is there business.

When you buy a car you no longer have anything to do with the dealership unless you are paying payments.

Yeah but that could change and its kind of the samething. Your paying for something that was once free and now someone wants to charge for it.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 abdelmessih101
[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

And why wouldn't you?

Thats what the law is all about is loopholes. Some crazy nut out there would hire a lawyer then the next thing you know there would be some kind of big petition going around. I do think its a very real law suit that could happen.

I wouldn't plan on going to law school if I were you . . .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-59506133570df

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

Sonwhy

Yeah but that could change and its kind of the samething. Your paying for something that was once free and now someone wants to charge for it.

you buy bottled water, right?

once upon a time water was free at the town well, or you can go in anyplace today and get a free glass of water.

soooo, lets sue the bottled water companies.

Sonwhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sonwhy

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

abdelmessih101

Don't worry about that. Being a lawyer is a way too boring and alot of law jobs are commision based and if I going to law school I want to walk out with that tom cruise kind of job and 95% of the time for most lawyers that just got out don't get that kind of work.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Denji

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

Sonwhy

If that's the case, then why aren't people launching lawsuits against Microsoft for XBL? You can play games on Windows, on PC, online for free.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 abdelmessih101
[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

[QUOTE="abdelmessih101"][QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

Don't worry about that. Being a lawyer is a way too boring and alot of law jobs are commision based and if I going to law school I want to walk out with that tom cruise kind of job and 95% of the time for most lawyers that just got out don't get that kind of work.

That's not at all my point . . . In fact, that post basically sums up my point. But you don't know what that is, so don't worry about it too much. :P
Sonwhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sonwhy

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

Cody13_2012

once upon a time water was free at the town well, or you can go in anyplace today and get a free glass of water.

That wouldn't work. Thats not even close to the case that I brought up. Getting water for free from a river or well and buying bottled water from a store are two completely different things. Thats absurd.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 abdelmessih101
[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

That wouldn't work. Thats not even close to the case that I brought up. Getting water for free from a river or well and buying bottled water from a store are two completely different things. Thats absurd.

Is it as absurd as suing a company for charging a fee on a service they provide?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-59506133570df

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

Sonwhy

that's what everyone thinks about your wanting to sue sony, so in reality, those two things are exactly the same.

Sonwhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sonwhy

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

[QUOTE="abdelmessih101"] I wouldn't plan on going to law school if I were you . . . abdelmessih101

That's not at all my point . . . In fact, that post basically sums up my point. But you don't know what that is, so don't worry about it too much. :P

Your basically stating that I have no idea of the laws upon which the society that I live in. I know a fair amount of law and I'm not going to try to convince someone who has no idea of the law.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Denji

I think the TC needs to quit before he sinks:P lol

double_heist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 double_heist
Member since 2005 • 2402 Posts
Why do people (mostly Americans though, which I have noticed) need to solve everything through lawsuits? >_>
Sonwhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sonwhy

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

Cody13_2012

that's what everyone thinks about your wanting to sue sony, so in reality, those two things are exactly the same.

You speak for yourself but you think you speak for everyone. When you yourself don't even know what your talking about. So why even bother reading another unintelligent post.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 abdelmessih101
[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

Apparently, the TC doesn't understand the basic principles of capitalism. :? I'd stop coming back to this thread, but each comment the TC posts are exponentially more ridiculous than the previous one, and it's quite funny.
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
I'd understand if they wanted to make a tiny profit. Like charging either a one time fee or a very small yearly fee of $10 but that's as far as I bend. Oh but I'd better see improvements, not that it's so bad right now but a few useless features that I can say the PS3 has to download but would really never ever even use would suffice.
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Furi-Kun

I don't think I like the direction this thread is heading...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-59506133570df

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

abdelmessih101

Apparently, the TC doesn't understand the basic principles of capitalism. :? I'd stop coming back to this thread, but each comment the TC posts are exponentially more ridiculous than the previous one, and it's quite funny.

exatly what I think:lol:

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#30 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

Sonwhy
It's their business and their network, they can run it however the hell they want. When businesses treat their customers unfairly, they're already punished by losing customers to competitors, so a lawsuit would be completely unnecessary (aside from being illegal on the grounds you mention)
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 abdelmessih101

You speak for yourself but you think you speak for everyone. When you yourself don't even know what your talking about.

Sonwhy

:lol: I think the TC is addressing himself here!! :lol:

So why even bother reading another unintelligent post?

Sonwhy

I keep asking myself the same thing every time I visit this thread!! :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59506133570df

Why do people (mostly Americans though, which I have noticed) need to solve everything through lawsuits? >_>double_heist

I'm American, and I hate all of the suing. People here in America are so sue happy, anything to not have to work I guess...

it disgusts me that someone would ruin someone elses life so they can be a worthless piece of crap that doesn't amount to anything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-59506133570df

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

Sonwhy

You speak for yourself but you think you speak for everyone. When you yourself don't even know what your talking about. So why even bother reading another unintelligent post.

name me one other person who has agreed with you.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Denji

Furi-Kun

Furi, even the TC didn't even know where he was heading with this topic:lol:

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 abdelmessih101
[QUOTE="Denji"]

[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

I gotta stick around to see how this thread ends up! :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-59506133570df

[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

Denji

he doesn't seem to understand how basic laws work...

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 abdelmessih101
[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

Come on Cody, that's way too much to ask for. Be reasonable. :lol:
Sonwhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sonwhy

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

Cody13_2012

My brother and several of my friends say they would be greatly displeased.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-59506133570df

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

abdelmessih101

Come on Cody, that's way too much to ask for. Be reasonable. :lol:

ok, name me another person who has halfway agreed with the TC:lol:

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 abdelmessih101

I'm not going to try to convince someone who has no idea of the law.

Sonwhy

That's why I stopped trying! :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-59506133570df

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

Sonwhy

So would I, but suing wouldn't do a thing, except make an *** out of yourself and lose a ton of money paying for a lawyer.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Denji

[QUOTE="Denji"]

[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

abdelmessih101

I gotta stick around to see how this thread ends up! :lol:

That's why I'm here:lol:

I want to see how far this kid sinks while trying to convince himself how intelligent he thinks he is:P

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

If they charged their service would be re-vamped obviously. The reason why M$ charges is because they run their own servers for their games which is how they have a lot of their features. If Sony started to charge they would have to run their own servers as well. and no I wouldn't file a lawsuit that's just stupid. Simple thing would be to either pay for the service or not pay.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 abdelmessih101
[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

"Being greatly displeased" and being "willing to pursue a lawsuit against Sony" are far from being the same thing, TC. Nice try though. ;) I think we all would be greatly displeased, yet only someone who felt like wasting an abundance of time and money would sue Sony. :lol:
Sonwhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sonwhy

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

Cody13_2012

So would I, but suing wouldn't do a thing, except make an *** out of yourself and lose a ton of money paying for a lawyer.

Maybe...maybe not. There is all kinds of law suits out there that don't turn out perfect(the way the system was intended to be used) and are not even good lawsuits to begin with when you don't even have the right person being sent to jail over a crime they didn't even commit. Also, some people have tons of money to blow and all it takes is one law suit. If someone asked me to sign a petition for it I would.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-59506133570df

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

Sonwhy

Maybe...maybe not. There is all kinds of law suits out there that don't turn out perfect(the way the system was intended to be used) and are not even good lawsuits to begin with when you don't even have the right person being sent to jail over a crime they didn't even commit. Also, some people have tons of money to blow and all it takes is one law suit. If someone asked me to sign a petition for it I would.

that would end up like the people who tried to sue McDonalds for making them fat:lol:

OK, here's a better example.

Just about anywhere you get free parking, but at certain places they charge you for parking, so why not sue them?

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Denji

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

Sonwhy

Then what would be the point of suing Sony if you had that "said money"?

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#48 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
Exacly what would a lawsuit accomplish? To me, it's not that different than someone suing a business for raising the prices on their products. I mean, it's just business...it's not like they're breaking any laws here or anything ;)
Avatar image for deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
Member since 2009 • 6466 Posts

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

[QUOTE="Sonwhy"]

Sonwhy

ok man heres wat ur saying instead of paying a 40-50$ a year fee u wanna sue sony for thousands of dollars against a company worth billions that can hire whichever laywer they want... and a petition is no where close to a lawsuit lol
StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 StealthKnife
Member since 2008 • 2104 Posts
it wont happen