I played GT5:P, not impressed.

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Marcbarr1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Marcbarr1
Member since 2006 • 426 Posts

I have just played GT5 prologue and the graphics are not like the screens being shown. I played it at 720P and 1080i and in now way is it as impressive as the photorealistic screens I have seen.

It is a very impressive game but where are the skid marks left by cars after braking hard? where are the sparks when the car bottoms out? The opponents AI is rubbish, they just ram into the back of you without trying to avoid. There really are jaggies everywhere. The courses look good but not a massive jump over a high resolution version of GT4.

The interiors look good but not amazing and the london track for me is a real dissapointment as well

I know its a demo but GT4 turned out to be GT4 prologue with more cars and tracks with no improvement to graphics and AI.

I hate when a game gets massive hype and does not live up to it, hype can really damage a game. This is in no way 4D gaming at all!

Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#2 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts
Well hey, the Burnout Paradise demo sucked and the final game is awesome.
mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts
well, I know the GT5P demo looks and plays awesome, and from everyone that has GT5P, I hear its even better. I don't know what you are expecting, but stay real with your expectations. It is after all just a demo.
Liams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Liams
Member since 2003 • 1704 Posts
I would never judge a game based on a demo. Even if the Prolouge isn't great it wouldn't put me off buying the game. In short this thread is like a pencil without graphite..................pointless.
jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jonnyt61
Member since 2003 • 2147 Posts

A little scan through your posts showed me how much of a lemming you are, always bashing on the PS3 for it's "so called being better than everything" and "only being a way to get Blu-ray into my home".

Your opinion is worth about as much as sand in the desert

RazMaTaz-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RazMaTaz-1
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts
360 fanboy. However, you must have a sucky TV because im playing on 1080p sony HDTV and it looks smooth as silk and easily comparable with the GT5 official shots ,expecially that london circuit *drools*
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Shattered007
Member since 2007 • 3139 Posts

Go play some Forza then you XBox fanboy . You'll never know about true racing gamesBrendruis
Yeah, I Racing sims like... You know, Where I can ram your car at over 100 MPH and not do any damage to you!!!

Anyway, I'll take a look at it when it comes out. But I'd really don't see the point in it (beside being the most expensive Demo ever) I rather have a full racing sim for the PS3 before the year is out.

waz_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 waz_basic
Member since 2002 • 58 Posts

There really are jaggies everywhere. The courses look good but not a massive jump over a high resolution version of GT4.

Marcbarr1

You must have problems with your set-up because I have no jaggies whatsoever............

TEEDA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TEEDA
Member since 2005 • 58 Posts

Don't see that lots of jaggies anywhere...Are you sure it was GT5 Prologue...

cupsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cupsta
Member since 2005 • 95 Posts

Not the greatest pics from his monitor I know, but after those shots I would definitly say end of story and end of this topic. Awesome looking game and I just can't wait.

360 guys just get worried huh for him to make a thread like this lol.

bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
lol as soon as he said this isnt 4d gaming i new he was a xbox 360 troll
dcman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dcman007
Member since 2005 • 304 Posts

I have this game on pre-order here in the UK. I'm really looking forward to playing it. They had it on show at the play.com live event in London last weekend and it looked real, real nice.

Avatar image for GamersNightmare
GamersNightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GamersNightmare
Member since 2006 • 621 Posts

I've seen the game running and it looks very good. I didn't get to try it out myself but from just watching it being played, this game will be a "must have" for racing fans and it will hold me off until the full version comes out.

figo16v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 figo16v
Member since 2004 • 395 Posts

I have just played GT5 prologue and the graphics are not like the screens being shown. I played it at 720P and 1080i and in now way is it as impressive as the photorealistic screens I have seen.

It is a very impressive game but where are the skid marks left by cars after braking hard? where are the sparks when the car bottoms out? The opponents AI is rubbish, they just ram into the back of you without trying to avoid. There really are jaggies everywhere. The courses look good but not a massive jump over a high resolution version of GT4.

The interiors look good but not amazing and the london track for me is a real dissapointment as well

I know its a demo but GT4 turned out to be GT4 prologue with more cars and tracks with no improvement to graphics and AI.

I hate when a game gets massive hype and does not live up to it, hype can really damage a game. This is in no way 4D gaming at all!

Marcbarr1

Try playing in 1080p this will allow you to see less jaggies and will make the game seem crisper. Must be your TV mate as I have had Prologue for a fair while now from JPN and its looks gorgeous in Real HD and sounds fantastic with a decent 5.1 Setup.

oh and 4D???

care to explain how your getting thios extra dimension!

figo16v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 figo16v
Member since 2004 • 395 Posts

Marcbarr1

Try playing in 1080p this will allow you to see less jaggies and will make the game seem crisper. Must be your TV mate as I have had Prologue for a fair while now from JPN and its looks gorgeous in Real HD and sounds fantastic with a decent 5.1 Setup.

oh and 4D???

care to explain how your getting thios extra dimension!

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
The fact that you even mentioned "4D" brings the motivation of your post into serious question.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

LMFAO @ 4D comment

Do you even know what 4D is kid??

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

LMFAO @ 4D comment

Denji

He is a kid, he must think that 4D has to do with graphics.

boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 boostud
Member since 2004 • 1242 Posts

I think GT5 does look good, but I'm sticking with Forza 2. I just don't like hwo the AI in any of the GT games respond, also the 'no damage' thing is pretty pathetic with todays current technology. Like I said, call me a fanboy if you'd like, but I see Forza2 still being the better of the two. Just wish they had a 'in cockpit' veiw like GT5.

But back to the original post.....seriously dude, what jaggies? I don't see anymore jaggies in this game than I do in every other game.

nsoufiani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nsoufiani
Member since 2004 • 1829 Posts

Well hey, the Burnout Paradise demo sucked and the final game is awesome.Rhen_Var

i beg to differ. demo sucked and so does the full game. even when iv logged so many hours into it. too Frustrating for me. but hey, thats a topic for another time.

The_Dan_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Dan_K
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts

Not the greatest pics from his monitor I know, but after those shots I would definitly say end of story and end of this topic. Awesome looking game and I just can't wait.

360 guys just get worried huh for him to make a thread like this lol.

cupsta

I was thinking the same thing. Wow.

I played the GT5:P demo from the Japan store months ago. I was not impressed at all. And there were jaggies all over that demo. I was fairly depressed by it, really.

But those off-screen shots look great. No jaggies. if that is the case, I will own this game, without a doubt.

But, how are you playing the game already, TEEDA?

The_Dan_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Dan_K
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts
[QUOTE="Denji"]

LMFAO @ 4D comment

kenshinhimura16

He is a kid, he must think that 4D has to do with graphics.

I hate when people do that in System Wars too. Its such the baseless comment but they will fight you tooth and nail about it.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I think GT5 does look good, but I'm sticking with Forza 2. I just don't like hwo the AI in any of the GT games respond, also the 'no damage' thing is pretty pathetic with todays current technology. Like I said, call me a fanboy if you'd like, but I see Forza2 still being the better of the two. Just wish they had a 'in cockpit' veiw like GT5.

But back to the original post.....seriously dude, what jaggies? I don't see anymore jaggies in this game than I do in every other game.

boostud

It's not a matter of technology, but no company want so see their 500.000$ car being wrecked in video game. The driving psychics that GT5 will offer is nothing like Forza 2.

In fact Forza 2 damage is good, but doesn't even come close to the realism. Try playing DiRT and Burnout. That's some impressive effect that resemble real crash.

Grand Turismo always provided realism. In picture taken circuits, environments, car crew, car detail to the smallest icon, can handling. (No car in GT feels the same), It complements real life.

GT5 will revolutionize driving as we know it in gaming.

siwelcram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 siwelcram
Member since 2008 • 1183 Posts

You are one in a million. Now out of the 999,999 people who are getting this game does anyone else have jaggies on their version. I downloaded the demo and was impressed. But I cannot seem to recall a time when GT did not impress me.

Marcbarr1
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
[QUOTE="boostud"]

Sokol4ever

It's not a matter of technology, but no company want so see their 500.000$ car being wrecked in video game. The driving psychics that GT5 will offer is nothing like Forza 2.

In fact Forza 2 damage is good, but doesn't even come close to the realism. Try playing DiRT and Burnout. That's some impressive effect that resemble real crash.

Grand Turismo always provided realism. In picture taken circuits, environments, car crew, car detail to the smallest icon, can handling. (No car in GT feels the same), It complements real life.

GT5 will revolutionize driving as we know it in gaming.

He must be one opf those players that only do up to IB in the licenses and then plays a couple of races, buys some cars and leaves the game. Those of us, who play GT for its realism and cars, normally end up doing the endurance races, and wanted or not, you end up crashing in those races. So if I were to be crashed by an a** as it happens sometimes since the AI in higher races turens more agressive, and my car was to be totaled after 3 hours of racing, how would that feel?-

Well, thats what Poly said, and I understand and accept it. Though they were saying of adding damage too, so who knows. Prologue wasnt going to have all teh features of 5 anyway.

nascar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nascar1
Member since 2005 • 2763 Posts

The opponents AI is rubbish, they just ram into the back of you without trying to avoid. Marcbarr1

- agreed!

I think GT5 does look good, but I'm sticking with Forza 2. I just don't like how the AI in any of the GT games respond, but I see Forza2 still being the better of the two. Just wish they had a 'in cockpit' veiw.boostud

- me too, atleast until GT5 (the actual game) comes out...in addition to cockpit views, FM2 & the entire 360 racing games would benefit GREATLY with a wheel like the Logitech DFP not to mention the G25 (drool)!

Anyway, I'll take a look at it when it comes out. But I'd really don't see the point in it (beside being the most expensive Demo ever) I rather have a full racing sim for the PS3.Shattered007

- i hear ya, but there's enough content for fans of the series to get it now...and i'm glad i did!

iori666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 iori666
Member since 2005 • 284 Posts
lol as soon as he said this isnt 4d gaming i new he was a xbox 360 troll bigLLL
so true
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts

[QUOTE="Brendruis"]Go play some Forza then you XBox fanboy . You'll never know about true racing gamesShattered007

Yeah, I Racing sims like... You know, Where I can ram your car at over 100 MPH and not do any damage to you!!!

Anyway, I'll take a look at it when it comes out. But I'd really don't see the point in it (beside being the most expensive Demo ever) I rather have a full racing sim for the PS3 before the year is out.

The damage is forza is awful. If yor complaining about realism, both games fall way short of realism. Is like me saying 'its funny how you can drive into a wall at 100mph and be racing again in the next race without being dead'

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I say this because I know a few people who have made this mistake, but I have to wonder if some of the people here bashing Prologue in terms of visuals are playing GT:HD instead of Prologue.:|

I'm not accusing anyone here of making that mistake, but it's hard for me to imagine someone looking at this game and not being impressed. It's just an incredible looking game, and one that shouldn't be categorized as anything less then.

As far as damage to the cars, while it sucks that it's not there, I would rather wait until they can deliver damage modeling that is up to par with the rest of the game's quality. The damage modeling in "the racing sim of choice for the competition" is good, but it's far from realistic (in terms of how realistic damage in a video game can be), and I would hate to see that sort of damage modeling in Gran Turismo, because, quite frankly, it wouldn't be up to par with the rest of the game.

To be blunt, damage like that would be unfitting of a racer that is of such extreme quality as Gran Turismo is, and until the team at Polyphony is able to meet their own high standards, as well as mine, I don't want them to include it.

As far as sim racers go, you can't beat Gran Turismo. I've played every one of them, as well as "that game from the competition" and there's no comparison in my book. That's not to say that "the other game" isn't good because it is, but Gran Turismo is the defacto racing sim in my opinion, and the place to be if you're a hardcore sim racing fan.

Like it or not, agree or not, that's my opinion.;)

Jared2720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jared2720
Member since 2007 • 2200 Posts

I say this because I know a few people who have made this mistake, but I have to wonder if some of the people here bashing Prologue in terms of visuals are playing GT:HD instead of Prologue.:|

I'm not accusing anyone here of making that mistake, but it's hard for me to imagine someone looking at this game and not being impressed. It's just an incredible looking game, and one that shouldn't be categorized as anything less then.

As far as damage to the cars, while it sucks that it's not there, I would rather wait until they can deliver damage modeling that is up to par with the rest of the game's quality. The damage modeling in "the racing sim of choice for the competition" is good, but it's far from realistic (in terms of how realistic damage in a video game can be), and I would hate to see that sort of damage modeling in Gran Turismo, because, quite frankly, it wouldn't be up to par with the rest of the game.

To be blunt, damage like that would be unfitting of a racer that is of such extreme quality as Gran Turismo is, and until the team at Polyphony is able to meet their own high standards, as well as mine, I don't want them to include it.

As far as sim racers go, you can't beat Gran Turismo. I've played every one of them, as well as "that game from the competition" and there's no comparison in my book. That's not to say that "the other game" isn't good because it is, but Gran Turismo is the defacto racing sim in my opinion, and the place to be if you're a hardcore sim racing fan.

Like it or not, agree or not, that's my opinion.;)

nyc05

I completely agree. Excellent post--you always have good things to say. Kudos.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Yeah, it doesn't blow me away, either. I'm running it on 1080p through HDMI and it looks nice, but it's just not as great as some of the screens lead you to believe.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts
Are you playing the import version?
FroMZeRo2HeRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FroMZeRo2HeRO
Member since 2008 • 720 Posts
People need to stop complaining about "no damage to cars" what do you think GT5p makers didnt want to include that or something, they couldnt casue alot of the car companys did not want thier models in the game to show damage! Sony would have got sued had they done this.Cause you know why It's a SIMULATION DRIVING GAME if you were driving a ferrari f50 or a chevy cobalt and you bump ur bumper into the wall at 5mph and ur bumper is hanging off,real car manaufactors will be pissed and sue casue that would never happen to their automobiles. This game is the best of the best at what it does, everything else (knockoffs) fall short.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BioShockOwnz

Btw, here's proof if someone doesn't believe me...

Gran Turismo

FullSurface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FullSurface
Member since 2005 • 223 Posts
DIDN'T you hear what polyphony said, prologue is a sample of what they are to release for the official GT5. In GT5p they just went from 36 cars to 70 and 4 tracks to 6, and they added drift again along with a few other cool modes. With that being said, Polyphony has said and confirmed it in the final version of GT5 THERE WILL BE DAMAGE INCLUDED!!! YES, YIPPIE, HOO RAY theres your answer, as far as the guy who said the games sucks go play forza and that lame graphics and joke of car physics. And tip of advice don't post a thread on Playstation 3 forum awarding a 360 game that embarasses itself and you at the same time.
truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts
GT 5 will own, more than this spam thread does. You ever wounder why these idiots never get TOS, but we do for calling them idiots. Heck Ill probably get one for this. You know how many TOS I got for defending the PS3 on PS3 boards. A tun. How many my fake name got for causing the trouble pretending to be a Xbot "yea it was a test I did" None!
FroMZeRo2HeRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FroMZeRo2HeRO
It's either you hate or love it kinda game, this game can be very complex if you dont know how to adjust your car settings properly, or know when to pit when your doing mutiple laps.I find it very hard to believe that this game is not jaw dropping graphically @ 1080p.
truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 truenextgen

Gran Turismo

BioShockOwnz

Oh I found that on Google also.

siwelcram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 siwelcram
Member since 2008 • 1183 Posts

Yeah, it doesn't blow me away, either. I'm running it on 1080p through HDMI and it looks nice, but it's just not as great as some of the screens lead you to believe.BioShockOwnz

Some screen shots would be nice.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Gran Turismo

truenextgen

Um, my post I just made is behind it on the computer screen...:|

FroMZeRo2HeRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FroMZeRo2HeRO
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Gran Turismo

truenextgen

I think he does have it, i mean you can see his gamespot account in the backround, but his claims are ludacris.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BioShockOwnz

Here's another for truenextgen...

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 truenextgen
I should of known if I posted Bio would be right behind me LOL Just kidding. Come on I know you game by now dude. And You know I know it, thats the sad part. But dont worry you havent crossed any defaming user violations yet :P. Plus I like you to much even if you did.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BioShockOwnz

I should of known if I posted Bio would be right behind me LOL Just kidding. Come on I know you game by now dude. And You know I know it, thats the sad part.truenextgen

Huh? Please explain. There's no reason to be defensive just because we can't all agree on something. Can't you have a discussion without calling people names? You said you get modded because you defend something. Well, when you defend something by calling names, then only bad things come out of it. Gamespot mods don't put up with name calling. I've proven to you that I own it and I didn't say anything bad about it. It's a decent game. I just said it doesn't look as good as some of the bullshots, that's all. :)

tomokosasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tomokosasaki
Member since 2007 • 1086 Posts
4D gaming? ...What?
AliasUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AliasUK
Member since 2006 • 872 Posts

A little scan through your posts showed me how much of a lemming you are, always bashing on the PS3 for it's "so called being better than everything" and "only being a way to get Blu-ray into my home".

jonnyt61

I for one value sand in a desert very much! It would not be a desert without sand!

But I would like to see skid marks and sparks. No damage is GT, just like idiot guards with question marks over their heads is MGS. But skid marks would be nice for once.

JordanKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JordanKid
Member since 2005 • 1231 Posts

jonnyt61

LOL, i found that funny.....ahahahaha i love it
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
GT5 Prologue is said to be better looking than the GT5 demo you can d/l from the Japanese store. They made drastic improvemente with shadows and anti-aliasing. But... when/if I get my copy I will see for myslef.
JordanKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JordanKid
Member since 2005 • 1231 Posts
[QUOTE="jonnyt61"]

AliasUK

I for one value sand in a desert very much! It would not be a desert without sand!

But I would like to see skid marks and sparks. No damage is GT, just like idiot guards with question marks over their heads is MGS. But skid marks would be nice for once.

HEY!!! this is not about MGS and dont you dare say anything about MGS