I like PS4 but why is the network ALWAYS down.

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts

OK so I got a problem, it seems I cannot add a larger spending limit to one of my sub accounts because PSN is down. Now I am a very busy man I cant always use my Playstation but my little brother likes to use it religiously. Today he wanted to play some game on the PS network and I bought him a $50 card. Didn't seem hard at all for Sony to take my money but right after that I got a CE-33992-6 error. I tried everything to fix it and realized that its not me but Sonys network which is down in my area. Apparently this has been happening for 3 weeks because of some sort of DDOS and I'm starting to get sick of it. I have a Xbox One and a gaming PC both of which NEVER give me these types of problems except once in January with the Xbox. Now that would be all fine and dandy except that I cant even change it on the website either because that is giving me an error after I log in aswell.

So my problem is that I have money on my account but cannot get into the store because of network issues, cannot log in for extended periods of time without it signing me off, cannot play games due to problems updating and I have tested this on 2 different Playstations with 2 different wired networks both have over 50mb/s up and 20mb/s down. How am I supposed to do anything with the Playstation at all.

I love Playstation but if Sony doesn't cut the crud I'm just gonna get rid of the PS4, its an issue just to play a simple game. Anyone else currently having this problem? Please let me know if you somehow fixed it because if it does this tomorrow I'm done with Sony.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

There's no doubt the network is kind of a mess these days. I have to say, I rarely experience issues myself, but I don't play MP much. Still, I use netflix on it constantly (which requires PSN sign in). Still, I'm getting the impression that I've been somewhat lucky based on the reports and complaints like yours.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

I'm the same way when it comes to the network. I don't play multiplayer anymore. To be honest, I play the older systems more than I play the newer ones. Currently playing through Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War again. I just found SOCOM: US Navy Seals at a Retro gaming store today. Brings back a lot of memories.

But to answer the original posters questions....If you feel that you are losing money or not getting the experience you want, then sell the console and move on. No need to come on here and ask us what we want to do. I personally enjoy older consoles more because at least they come out complete and not in DLC.

@xantufrog said:

There's no doubt the network is kind of a mess these days. I have to say, I rarely experience issues myself, but I don't play MP much.

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

I haven't been able to sign-in through the website for awhile. Just freezes at the store page. I guess Sony doesn't want my money.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

Part of the problem lies with the fact that Sony doesn't have near the online server infrastructure to support its clients. Remember back in 2013 when MS first revealed the XB1? Overshadowed by all the bad press, was a little snippet about how MS was increasing it's online server infrastructure. MS stated that their servers had more computing power than what the entire planet had in 1999. Anyone remember that?

That my friends, is why XBL is Rock solid compared to Sony. MS has more servers out there spread out than anybody except for maybe Google and Amazon. Sony doesn't have that, so they have to rent servers instead. Sony rents from quite a few companies (Amazon being one of them), but the problem with renting, is that Sony will never have first priority. That means that Sony's PSN service will suffer if that company is getting high traffic. The fact that Sony rents many of its servers from Amazon is the leading reason why PSN sucks during the holiday season.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

The main issue I have with PSN is the store. It's a laggy mess. I have no problems playing online or using other apps like Netflix.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

I'm guessing it's a result of yet more DDOS attacks on the network. Hacker groups like Lizard Squad are constantly targeting Sony for some reason. It's hard to fully blame Sony in this situation. Apparently DDOS attacks are unstoppable for the most part, even XBOX Live has been known to get them. But Microsoft is able to recover from them faster because they have a better server set up, so that is one area Sony need to improve on. I'd imagine it takes a lot of money though.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@babyjoker1221:

That's stupid to say, I can also say that my mobile phone has more computing power than the entire world's mobile phone computing power of 1999.

Chronogos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 Chronogos
Member since 2014 • 392 Posts

@TrooperManaic: Same problem here, man. I hardly play PS4 simply because I'm not a damned fool to pay $50 for a service that hardly works. I stick with my PC which is 100% free to play online and despite the fact, it rarely has outages.