I decided to return my PS VITA - What a bummer, such a cool console.

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 XspidervenomX
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts
I really think the Vita is such a cool peice of hardware. Hats off to Sony for releasing such a cool peice of technology. I've had a number of crashes and errors. I am disapointed with the games available, the ones I thought I would like , Uncharted, Unit 13, turned out to be a chore to play and I did not enjoy them, and couldn't even play Unit 13, just kept failing and starting over, I even download Motorstorm RC thinking I'd be In the drivers seat, nope wrong again, I thought it was abysmal. I spent alot of money on the console, spent alot for a memory card, If I download a game, I have to pay another 4$ a gig just for the space after I pay for the download. Now I sit with a console and have nothing to do on it. I've already played Tennis, and Rayman..... I think Sony is great, the Vita is such a cool machine. Maby when there is a library of fun games that use the power of the machine , with games that match the price, I'll decide to buy again. Thank you for the opportunity !
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Can I ask if you own a PSP?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

yea bro.

when i went to gamestop today there was a line of people and the sign said..defective vita returns...

i was just like..damn sony..sorry son.

make what you will of that.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Shouldnt you have researched the games before you bought one? :P

0rbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 0rbs
Member since 2007 • 1947 Posts

Sucks you didn't enjoy it. I asbolutely LOVE mine.

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts

yea bro.

when i went to gamestop today there was a line of people and the sign said..defective vita returns...

KBFloYd
Pics
kljohns2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 kljohns2
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

yea bro.

Darthkaiser

Pics

Yeah I call BS on the line and signs and such

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

yea bro.

KBFloYd
This sounds skeptical.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#9 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

Returning it seems a bit silly... not saying i believe the story though.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts
Nothing but good experiences on my end. Uncharted rocks. So does Dynasty Warriors Next. Near is cool too, now that I am starting to learn it a little. Made me a couple of buddies through near.
MyVita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MyVita
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I bought mine on launch day, and have no problems with games or the system it's self. I am lovin it. :cool:

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts

Good for you mate :cool:I don't see the point of this post...

SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#13 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts
I got the Vita day one - played various games both bought and downloaded and everything seems to be fine. Loving the games and the console :)
njdevilsfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 njdevilsfan85
Member since 2009 • 169 Posts

Hmmm

suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 suitmypants
Member since 2004 • 1015 Posts

who would want to return their VITA especially when its not more than a month in? That makes zero sense. The system just came out so the library (which is already a lot better than the 3DS in my opinion) is small. I mean, have you not look at the line up? Either you're a troll or an idiot

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

I've been having nothing but a great time with mines so far. Sorry you're not getting as much out of it as most of us seem to be.

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

You returned it only 2 weeks after it's launch because you're dissapointed with the current selection of games? That makes a lot of sense, now doesn't it? How were you even able to return it? No stores in my area will accept used electronics unless they're proven to be defective. Maybe you just made this story up because you have no life.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 XspidervenomX

yea bro.

KBFloYd
Yeah I had a ton of freezing, wifi out of range it would crash. Just lots of errors....I wanted to love this machine, heck I tried. There was just nothing there for me justifying 300$. Releasing the dual stick portable with no dual games at launch , now only 1 game that I just can't play was disappointing. Down the road I Look forward to seeing what the VITA has to offer. It really is a neat looking machine.
XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 XspidervenomX

You returned it only 2 weeks after it's launch because you're dissapointed with the current selection of games? That makes a lot of sense, now doesn't it? How were you even able to return it? No stores in my area will accept used electronics unless they're proven to be defective. Maybe you just made this story up because you have no life.

Comduter
I have a receipt ?? Thats how i return it?? That's a strange question... Not just the games, ( I mean that's why we bought it right?) but the overall performance was poor quality to me, in every aspect. U can say I have no life, hate me because I have an opinion , mybe I'm worst person on the planet. I guess for you I should have just said everything is a perfect 10. Would that have helped.
XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 XspidervenomX

I've been having nothing but a great time with mines so far. Sorry you're not getting as much out of it as most of us seem to be.

madskills6117
I appreciate that. Who knows down the road I may pick it up again.
XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 XspidervenomX

who would want to return their VITA especially when its not more than a month in? That makes zero sense. The system just came out so the library (which is already a lot better than the 3DS in my opinion) is small. I mean, have you not look at the line up? Either you're a troll or an idiot

suitmypants
I guess I'm dumb . Your right. It's best to hate on anyone that doesn't agree with you. Sorry I didn't think is was a perfect 10. I should go lead off a cliff I Guess. Truth is I own 3 ps3 and have invested thousands in Sony and love every minute of it.
XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XspidervenomX

Shouldnt you have researched the games before you bought one? :P

TwistedShade
I researched the game, I bought it, played them, didn't like them at all, but I had alot of issues with the system itself.
Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Comduter

[QUOTE="Comduter"]

XspidervenomX

I have a receipt ?? Thats how i return it?? That's a strange question... Not just the games, ( I mean that's why we bought it right?) but the overall performance was poor quality to me, in every aspect. U can say I have no life, hate me because I have an opinion , mybe I'm worst person on the planet. I guess for you I should have just said everything is a perfect 10. Would that have helped.

But all of the stores where i live only allow people to do even exchanges for defective electronics, not returns (receipt or no). That and, I don't see the point on giving up on a gaming device when it's stilll brand new. if you didn't think that you would enjoy any of the current games, then why did you spend so much money to play those games in the first place? You think it would make sense to at least wait a half a year until more games come out to pass that kind of judgement. Most people aren't having the problems that you described (i sure haven't). Why didn't you just exchange your defective Vita for one that works properly?

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 XspidervenomX

madskills6117
And there are good times to be had. Raymons Origins was great on the Vita, but we already had it. I hope you you have alot of fun with it and it meets your expectations. Thx for the post.
XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 XspidervenomX

[QUOTE="XspidervenomX"][QUOTE="Comduter"]

Comduter

But all of the stores where i live only allow people to do even exchanges for defective electronics, not returns (receipt or no). That and, I don't see the point on giving up on a gaming device when it's stilll brand new. if you didn't think that you would enjoy any of the current games, then why did you spend so much money to play those games in the first place? You think it would make sense to at least wait a half a year until more games come out to pass that kind of judgement. Most people aren't having the problems that you described (i sure haven't). Why didn't you just exchange your defective Vita for one that works properly?

Walmart gives 15 days to return it. I have to eat any games I bought though.
Avatar image for looseyourself87
looseyourself87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 looseyourself87
Member since 2004 • 307 Posts

i havne't had any kind of freezing issues..nothing... liked uncharted..played it traded it in..now playing virtual tennis and loving it... waiting to get silent hill or MNR after this

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 XspidervenomX
[QUOTE="Comduter"]

[QUOTE="XspidervenomX"] I have a receipt ?? Thats how i return it?? That's a strange question... Not just the games, ( I mean that's why we bought it right?) but the overall performance was poor quality to me, in every aspect. U can say I have no life, hate me because I have an opinion , mybe I'm worst person on the planet. I guess for you I should have just said everything is a perfect 10. Would that have helped.XspidervenomX

You seem extremely concerned about this. Like its not possible for some to return a product they where unhappy with. It alright man. Here is the phone number for you to call and put your concerns to rest. 402(597-8977).
Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Comduter

[QUOTE="XspidervenomX"][QUOTE="Comduter"]But all of the stores where i live only allow people to do even exchanges for defective electronics, not returns (receipt or no). That and, I don't see the point on giving up on a gaming device when it's stilll brand new. if you didn't think that you would enjoy any of the current games, then why did you spend so much money to play those games in the first place? You think it would make sense to at least wait a half a year until more games come out to pass that kind of judgement. Most people aren't having the problems that you described (i sure haven't). Why didn't you just exchange your defective Vita for one that works properly?

XspidervenomX

You seem extremely concerned about this. Like its not possible for some to return a product they where unhappy with. It alright man. Here is the phone number for you to call and put your concerns to rest. 402(597-8977).

What? So you acknowledge that you're concerned about your own dissatisfaction with a product that you purchased. Then you type down a phone number for yourself to call to address that problem. i guess you can take care of yourself. :? Anyway, like I said; the 2 Walmarts where I live only allow people to do even exchanges for defective electronics, not returns.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 XspidervenomX

[QUOTE="XspidervenomX"][QUOTE="XspidervenomX"] Walmart gives 15 days to return it. I have to eat any games I bought though. Comduter

What? So you acknowledge that you're concerned about your own dissatisfaction with a product that you purchased. Then you type down a phone number for yourself to call to address that problem. i guess you can take care of yourself. :? Anyway, like I said; the 2 Walmarts where I live only allow people to do even exchanges for defective electronics, not returns.

This is getting to deep for me man. Sorry if my dissatisfaction upset you. I value all of your opinions, and consider all of us sort of family as gamers, even if we don't agree. I'm sure there are alot of consoles and games we agree on and have alot of fun with. Thank you .
Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Comduter

[QUOTE="Comduter"]

[QUOTE="XspidervenomX"] You seem extremely concerned about this. Like its not possible for some to return a product they where unhappy with. It alright man. Here is the phone number for you to call and put your concerns to rest. 402(597-8977). XspidervenomX

This is getting to deep for me man. Sorry if my dissatisfaction upset you. I value all of your opinions, and consider all of us sort of family as gamers, even if we don't agree. I'm sure there are alot of consoles and games we agree on and have alot of fun with. Thank you .

Well, I think the new Motorstorm game sucks (awful controls), and Uncharted really isn't much more than a really pretty game where you do tons of climbing and little else. But it still can be a fun handheld.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 XspidervenomX
I'm a huge Resistance fan. Looking forward to the future of the Vita console. I did try out the Motorstorn RC, I agree with you completely.
0rbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 0rbs

The only time mine froze was during the Unit 13 demo.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 XspidervenomX

0rbs
That game was crippling for my Vita. Hope your having success. Netflix app also seemed to cause problems for my system.
XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 XspidervenomX

0rbs
That game was crippling for my Vita. Hope your having success. Netflix app also seemed to cause problems for my system.
XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 XspidervenomX

0rbs
XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 XspidervenomX
Sorry, not sure how that happened . I pushed submit got error. Apologies for multiple post.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#37 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

well i'm just waiting to buy a vita when it has a bigger library and more games get reviewed. consoles at launch (home or portable) are often very short on good games. goodluck returning it, but honestly you should keep it a while longer and see if any new good games come out for it. also you should try playing psp and ps1 games on it (downloading from the playstation store)

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 XspidervenomX

well i'm just waiting to buy a vita when it has a bigger library and more games get reviewed. consoles at launch (home or portable) are often very short on good games. goodluck returning it, but honestly you should keep it a while longer and see if any new good games come out for it. also you should try playing psp and ps1 games on it (downloading from the playstation store)

Talldude80
Thanks for the post, giving the issues I've had with it, crashing, wifi, errors, and that fact I really did not enjoy the games, givin that Walmart only gives 15 days to return and nothing on the horizon that look like its worth the 300$ plus investment. I'm gonna pass on the Vita while I can still get a refund. Hope things look brighter in the future for the Vita. Sitting there sweating, trying to play Unit 13, forced to start over and over, far too punishing a game for any fun for me and my family, made me want to toss me Vita in the garbage, that did it for me. Like you said, the lineup is bleak, there is nothing I want to play. Today I was given a refund no problem, (they have had a few returned), sold Unit 13. Good luck to you man!
Conver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 Conver
Member since 2003 • 3300 Posts

Releasing the dual stick portable with no dual games at launch , now only 1 game that I just can't play was disappointing.XspidervenomX

Hm.... Super Stardust Delta does use both sticks. A lot of my PSP games have the option to use the 2nd stick (hold thumbs on each side of front screen for menu to pop up). Other than those Lumines doesn't really use the 2nd stick, but it's a puzzle game.

Sucks that you didn't have fun with it somehow. My Vita has seen more use than my PSP + DS have for a long time. Can't wait to see the announcement Friday for what other games will be coming out soon~ Hopefully Persona 4 soon!

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 XspidervenomX
I did play some ps1 games on it through the ps3, it was kinda cool, but played better on tv, and didn't justify the massive purchase price of buying the Vita. What would really be cool is something like Skyrim, or Red Dead, or fallout, bbc, something like that,,,,,then I played Motorstorm Rc...Whoa!
XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 XspidervenomX
I hear ya man! Your right I guess there is another game I missed, although the psp games aren't true dual stick, so there is two, still not too exciting and I've had stardust for a longtime, as far as true Vita Dual stick,,, I wish there where some...
sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
The vita library has just begun to grow. What were you expecting right off the bat? I'm getting one real soon and can't wait to start gaming on the go.
0rbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 0rbs

Talldude80

Honestly the games that came out for it, are a lot of fun. I could see the 250 price tag with the 40 dollar memory card being a deterrent though.

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts
Thanks for sharing. It might prevent others from throwing money into something without researching it first. I like mine a lot, but I bought it right off to get the hardware price shock out of the way. Games will be coming in time. Have to wait on the prices to drop.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Sorry to hear you did not like the PSvita. But I thus far really enjoy the PSvita. Took Sony long enough to add 2 analog sticks (wish they did it with the PSP) but late is better than never. No crashing issues thus far.

The only part is Sony removing the cross media bar. I like that interface better. But overall PSvita is worth it.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#46 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
My system crashes once every three days, but it comes back just fine. I guess when it finally bricks, I'll return mine.
SuplexKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SuplexKirby
Member since 2010 • 560 Posts

I really think the Vita is such a cool peice of hardware. Hats off to Sony for releasing such a cool peice of technology. I've had a number of crashes and errors. I am disapointed with the games available, the ones I thought I would like , Uncharted, Unit 13, turned out to be a chore to play and I did not enjoy them, and couldn't even play Unit 13, just kept failing and starting over, I even download Motorstorm RC thinking I'd be In the drivers seat, nope wrong again, I thought it was abysmal. I spent alot of money on the console, spent alot for a memory card, If I download a game, I have to pay another 4$ a gig just for the space after I pay for the download. Now I sit with a console and have nothing to do on it. I've already played Tennis, and Rayman..... I think Sony is great, the Vita is such a cool machine. Maby when there is a library of fun games that use the power of the machine , with games that match the price, I'll decide to buy again. Thank you for the opportunity !XspidervenomX

Don't buy it again what's the point if you're not interested in it games and probably just sell it again? You're just wasting time and money. Go for the 3DS instead.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 XspidervenomX

[QUOTE="Talldude80"]

0rbs

Honestly the games that came out for it, are a lot of fun. I could see the 250 price tag with the 40 dollar memory card being a deterrent though.

I agree with you. It's understandable. But for me if there was a great line up, that actually utilized the Vita more, it could have erased that feeling of spending so much to get it working.
XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 XspidervenomX
Got one of those too. Really enjoy my Ps3's as well.
XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 XspidervenomX
any idea why it keeps crashing. My problems started when i downloaded Unit 13 demo. Sound went out and system had issues ever since. I hope your Vita is not internally corrupted like I think mine ended up being.