Hi, my name is Soundcell and I am a PS3aholic

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 soundcellx
Member since 2006 • 976 Posts
Just thought I would introduce myself here. The first step is admitting that I have a problem that I am addicted to PS3. So, name your top 5 most loved PS3 games and then list your top 5 most hated PS3 games, so that we can get to know one another. Ok, I'll start. Best: 1) Dark Souls 2) Demon's Souls 3) Tales of Graces F 4) Mass Effect 3 5) Skyrim Worst: 1) Call of Duty series 2) Final Fantasy 13 series 3) MGS4 (& MGS in general) 4) God of War series 5) any game by Ninja Theory Now describe a bit more about what you feel about PS3 and games in general, if you'd like. I basically am against the McDonaldization / Call of Duty-ization of games, I hate the casualization and mainstreaming, I hate Capcom styled DLC, I seriously freaking hate it when game developers stab their fans in the back with their betrayal (FF13 series, Splinter Cell, RE: Socom, NG3). I'm just not really happy where video games are going at all. I think that current games have lost their soul, lost their content, and become super short linear casual cinematic movie type games that just do not satiate. You?
Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

Sorry but, blog it.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 soundcellx

Sorry but, blog it.

finalserenade75
This topic is about PS3 stuff. PS3 stuff goes on PS3 board. Also, testing waters of this site since I am new, getting to know other users, and I only like PS3 board. You're being off topic. So, edit your post and throw in some PS3 related stuff. And to balance this post out, I have had 2 60GB PS3s die on me, one from disc read failure and the other from YLOD. I currently have a 500GB Slim.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

>hate final fantasy 13 series

lol

>hate mgs series

Come on man, they're not that bad. FF13 yeah, but I don't understand how you can hate FF in general

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 soundcellx

lol

>hate mgs series

Come on man, they're not that bad. FF13 yeah, but I don't understand how you can hate FF in general

supa_badman
Who said I hated the Final Fantasy series? Final Fantasy used to be my favorite series. No, no no. I'm saying I hate the FF THIRTEEN series, XIII. You know, XIII, XIII-2, and the inevitable XIII-3 and XIII-4. I'm talking about the games that are staining the Final Fantasy series, and Square Enix as a company.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Ah, true say.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Welcome and the first step to recovery is admitting there is a problem. Curious though, what makes you say that you are a PS3aholic?

risako9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 risako9
Member since 2011 • 840 Posts

Welcome and the first step to recovery is admitting there is a problem. Curious though, what makes you say that you are a PS3aholic?

Zidaneski

Yea makes me wonder too. a PS3aholic but only plays the same genre? and multiplatform games?

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
lies. your name is soundcellx.
Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#10 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
[QUOTE="supa_badman"]

lol

>hate mgs series

soundcellx
Who said I hated the Final Fantasy series? Final Fantasy used to be my favorite series. No, no no. I'm saying I hate the FF THIRTEEN series, XIII. You know, XIII, XIII-2, and the inevitable XIII-3 and XIII-4. I'm talking about the games that are staining the Final Fantasy series, and Square Enix as a company.

you just owned yourself.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
>worst >god of war U and I are not going to get along well
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

How the hell can you dislike God of War series?!

For me, the best games have to be Uncharted and God of War series. Oh, and Killzone! There's many of them. Just Cause 2 is the best multiplatform game ever.

Izak80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Izak80
Member since 2008 • 399 Posts

How the hell can you dislike God of War series?!

For me, the best games have to be Uncharted and God of War series. Oh, and Killzone! There's many of them. Just Cause 2 is the best multiplatform game ever.

GamerwillzPS

That was my first question aswell.

Izak80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Izak80
Member since 2008 • 399 Posts

Ah, true say.

supa_badman

Just curious about where (what anime) your signature picture is taken from?

-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

I have probably far too many favorites on PS3 here they would be

• Eternal Sonata
  • Rayman Origins
  • Champion Jockey
  • Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
  • Ratchet & Clank A Crack in Time
  • Dead Rising 2
  • Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots
  • God of War HD Collection
  • God of War 3
  • The Sly Collection
  • Heavy Rain
  • Battlefield 3
  • Grand Theft Auto IV
  • The Cursed Crusade
  • Blades of Time
  • Uncharted 2 Among Thieves
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Singularity

And strangely enough I haven't hated any game I bought on PS3 even if I rated it low I still don;t regret buying any of them. And I'm betting I'm about the only one or one of the few who likes to play games based on movies once in a while you find a decent one.

I'm sure I would put SSX, Twisted Metal, and Tales of Graces F on there but don't own those yet.

And as for worst games I can't think of one. Nintendo Wii on the other hand I can name a couple I regret that were bought. but I like that system too.

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

You say you're addicted to PS3, yet not happy with how the industry is going in its current form which is the PS3. Kinda contradicting yourself there aren't you? I'm not having a go at you, just a little confused :|

fighter91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fighter91
Member since 2005 • 1293 Posts
I don't like God of War either. Hack and slash games bore me.
eagle63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 eagle63
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts

5 best:

1.skyrim

2.dark souls

3.mass effect series

4.mortal kombat

5.god of war

worst

i really dont have any games that i dislike because i research before i buy.

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts
If you don't like God of War 3 you just lack epicness......
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

If you don't like God of War 3 you just lack epicness......Totalgym9000

Or you are a gameplay over all else kind of guy and have played DMC before... In that case God of War would be a major downgrade

Top 5

-Rayman Origins

-Batman Arkham City

-Batman Arkham Asylum

-Devil May Cry 4

-inFAMOUS/inFAMOUS 2

bottom 5

-Uncharted 2

-the Sly Collection

-Bayonetta

-De Blob 2

-Modnation Racers

I'm a gameplay over all else kind of gamer. If a game focuses on cinematics or story in a way that deminishes or gets in the way of gameplay it ticks me off.

HardGames420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HardGames420
Member since 2011 • 233 Posts

Dark Souls and Demon's Souls are amazing games, they are the final bastion of hope for this Generation.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 soundcellx

How the hell can you dislike God of War series?!GamerwillzPS

They're very very linear games. Short. The games lack any depth and combat also lacks depth compared to something like Ninja Gaiden. Kindergarten mental level block puzzles. Block puzzles over and over and over.

Kratos is always angry. Angry, angry, angry. Kratos is a super douche. And all 5 GoW games are all the same. Can't even tell them apart since they're all way too samey in each game. I have finished all except for GoS and GoW2.

As for GoW3, it is just one of the most overrated games of all time, and even many GoW fans were disappointed by it. Sorry, but a game needs more than just graffikxs to be a good game.

GamerChick2083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GamerChick2083
Member since 2010 • 481 Posts

I'm addicted to video gaming in general. If I have a day off from work (and my schoolwork is done for the day), I'm usually playing a video game. My favorite games are the Ratchet and Clank games, Heavy Rain, and the Uncharted games (beat the third one in less than a week). I'm not a fan of Call of Duty or any military type shooter or Mass Effect. A couple members of my family love them though.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Sorry but, blog it.

finalserenade75

Completely agree. He is more concerned in telling people all the games he hates.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BH14

.... Ok, I'll start. Best: 1) Dark Souls 2) Demon's Souls 3) Tales of Graces F 4) Mass Effect 3 5) Skyrim .... soundcellx

Worst games ever. Dark Souls and Demon's Souls?! Really? These games are so zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and what is the word...... nerdy.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"].... Ok, I'll start. Best: 1) Dark Souls 2) Demon's Souls 3) Tales of Graces F 4) Mass Effect 3 5) Skyrim .... BH14

Worst games ever. Dark Souls and Demon's Souls?! Really? These games are so zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and what is the word...... nerdy.

Oh, so now it looks like I have the GameSpot version of either Astute, Killak, or CrimsonGear here.

You just don't like D Souls because you're too busy playing foosball games and clone of duty. maybe they're just too challenging for you, since you're a casual gamer, used to the casual games this gen. those games too meaty for you? too much game for you to handle, I know. The reason why I love those games is because it takes the better part of a hundred hours to finish and platinum them. they're huge huge lengthy games and so much to do.

you wanna know what nerdy is? try clone of duty and other generic shootems.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BH14

What a shocker that the poster who hates sports and action games such as God of War III and Uncharted 3 really loves role playing games like demon souls.... He also hates the idea of using a motion controller for shooting. Hates guns! We know you perfectly. Don't we see this all the time.

Well I don't like role playing games but I don't constantly feel the need to make a thread about why I hate role playing games like a certain somebody.... The guy who hates ACTION games and motion games and feels like he must let everyone know. Nobody needs to know why you hate a certain genre but you keep on telling everyone why. And when someone says something negative about your role playing games, you get overly defensive.

Maybe if you moved on from your hatred of other genres and mods, you could concentrate more on what games you like rather than going on your rants. I am starting to think the gamefaq mods got so tired of your whining, complaining and insults that they banned you.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 soundcellx

What a shocker that the poster who hates sports and action games such as God of War III and Uncharted 3 really loves role playing games like demon souls.... He also hates the idea of using a motion controller for shooting. Hates guns! We know you perfectly. Don't we see this all the time.

Well I don't like role playing games but I don't constantly feel the need to make a thread about why I hate role playing games like a certain somebody.... The guy who hates ACTION games and motion games and feels like he must let everyone know. Nobody needs to know why you hate a certain genre but you keep on telling everyone why. And when someone says something negative about your role playing games, you get overly defensive.

Maybe if you moved on from your hatred of other genres and mods, you could concentrate more on what games you like rather than going on your rants. I am starting to think the gamefaq mods got so tired of your whining, complaining and insults that they banned you.

BH14

So, you like shallow games with no depth to them?

At least I get a full game that will provide me with 50-100+ hours, while your generic shooter that is like all your other shooters, the campaign will last you like 3 hours. And guess what?? YOU SHOOT THINGS!!!!!! THAT'S IT!!!!! Wow, that is some depth and meaningful gameplay right there. Sorry, but I don't like playing for the same game over and over and it is to the point where every shooter is the exact freaking same.

If I am to pay $60 for a game, I want it to be a FULL EXPERIENCE, and not one of your shallow 4 hour shootie campaigns.

As for Uncharted 3, that is the only multiplayer game I play regularly and have like 200 or so hours on it. Kinda burnt out on it now though.

No, I had no moderations on my account, and I kept posting topics and then I posted something offensive about Burgess because I was sick of asking legit questions and not being irritating or breaking ToS or anything, but my topics would get locked without a response. That site is BS, and Raptor needs to be fired. Raptor is a huge troll and even made a topic on Hellhole, insulting me. You can check it. That topic is still there. 2 topics insulting me on Hellhole right now, and there's 5 topics with me on the PS3 board under my alt "Agent_Greer".

Anyhow, Raptor is a major douche face and almost every single time he responds to someone, it is either with an insult, a LOL tiger pic or just flat out bluntly rude.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BH14

Mario, Zelda, Demon Souls.... That says it all.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 soundcellx

Mario, Zelda, Demon Souls.... That says it all.

BH14

You have no soul if you don't like Mario and Zelda. You for real? If you dislike those series you should just quit video games. (*disclaimer: I do not believe in souls. I was just borrowing the expression)

You must play some super crappy games. I'm thinking you play wrassling, Maddens and Clone of Duties. I bet you have all the Clone of Doofy games.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BH14

Just thought I would introduce myself here. The first step is admitting that I have a problem that I am addicted to PS3. So, name your top 5 most loved PS3 games and then list your top 5 most hated PS3 games, so that we can get to know one another. Ok, I'll start. Best: 1) Dark Souls 2) Demon's Souls 3) Tales of Graces F 4) Mass Effect 3 5) Skyrim Worst: 1) Call of Duty series 2) Final Fantasy 13 series 3) MGS4 (& MGS in general) 4) God of War series 5) any game by Ninja Theory Now describe a bit more about what you feel about PS3 and games in general, if you'd like. I basically am against the McDonaldization / Call of Duty-ization of games, I hate the casualization and mainstreaming, I hate Capcom styled DLC, I seriously freaking hate it when game developers stab their fans in the back with their betrayal (FF13 series, Splinter Cell, RE: Socom, NG3). I'm just not really happy where video games are going at all. I think that current games have lost their soul, lost their content, and become super short linear casual cinematic movie type games that just do not satiate. You?soundcellx

Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Tales of Graces, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Mario, Zelda?

ZZZZZZZZ..... Lame. You probably have knight's armor along with all your harry potter memorabilia. And on Saturday nights, it is dungeon and dragons board game with your buddies in the basement.

Marzarmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Marzarmy
Member since 2012 • 67 Posts

you are faaar from being a PS3aholic. your whole list consists of mulitplats

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 soundcellx

Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Tales of Graces, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Mario, Zelda?

ZZZZZZZZ..... Lame. You probably have knight's armor along with all your harry potter memorabilia. And on Saturday nights, it is dungeon and dragons board game with your buddies in the basement.

BH14

I admit to seeing most of the Harry Potter movies in theater but I don't have any books or memoribilia or anything. What is wrong with knight armor? Dungeons and dragons is for dorks, way way too nerdy to play the pen and paper dice game. never played it, never will.

I see you are quite taken with me to bump up this topic.

u liek mee!(>'o')>

lotusclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lotusclown
Member since 2008 • 229 Posts

[QUOTE="Totalgym9000"]If you don't like God of War 3 you just lack epicness......Pikminmaniac

Or you are a gameplay over all else kind of guy and have played DMC before... In that case God of War would be a major downgrade

Top 5

-Rayman Origins

-Batman Arkham City

-Batman Arkham Asylum

-Devil May Cry 4

-inFAMOUS/inFAMOUS 2

bottom 5

-Uncharted 2

-the Sly Collection

-Bayonetta

-De Blob 2

-Modnation Racers

I'm a gameplay over all else kind of gamer. If a game focuses on cinematics or story in a way that deminishes or gets in the way of gameplay it ticks me off.

^^^ THIS. the GoW series sucked balls! omg does it suck... i have NEVER understood why so many like it, especially when u play games like Dante's Inferno which is FAR superior and hell they tried to claim that game copied from GoW.. lmfao cute... the least they could have done is leave out the pornagraphy in the last one, gosh it made me feel like a pervert playing it, when i got to aphrodity or however u spell that b!tches name i quit when i realised it was porn butten pressing type disturbing boss fight where u actually have to out sex her or whatever.. i mean seriously??? i never touched that piece of sh!t game again when i saw that and anyone who does has serious issues imo.. just sayin..rolleyes.gif

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

These arguments over personal taste are pretty cute, BH14 and soundcell. :P

Some of my favorite games I've played on PS3:

• Dark/Demon's Souls
  • Bayonetta
  • Catherine
  • Metal Gear Solid 4

Valkyria Chronicles is high up there but it's been edged out of late.

Also not fond of the God of War/Resistance/Call of Duty series by any means. Definitely not against shooters though, there's a number of them I enjoy.

lotusclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lotusclown
Member since 2008 • 229 Posts

bayonetta was pretty cool, they were planning a sequel but it got cancelled, shame too.. i thought it could have been an awesome series..

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 soundcellx

These arguments over personal taste are pretty cute, BH14 and soundcell. :Praven_squad

nothing to do about personal tastes though. factually, shooters suck because they're so easy, stupid, shallow, short, nothing to them, all you do is shoot things and throw grenades, and they're like stupid cheap michael bay flicks. so, yeah, shooters suck and there's nothing personal taste about it.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

[QUOTE="raven_squad"]

These arguments over personal taste are pretty cute, BH14 and soundcell. :Psoundcellx

nothing to do about personal tastes though. factually, shooters suck because they're so easy, stupid, shallow, short, nothing to them, all you do is shoot things and throw grenades, and they're like stupid cheap michael bay flicks. so, yeah, shooters suck and there's nothing personal taste about it.

Ok, champ.

bayonetta was pretty cool, they were planning a sequel but it got cancelled, shame too.. i thought it could have been an awesome series..

lotusclown
Yeah, it's a damn shame. Hopefully that changes in the future.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="raven_squad"]

These arguments over personal taste are pretty cute, BH14 and soundcell. :Psoundcellx

Are you honestly so unintelligent you don't know what subjective means?
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 finalserenade75

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="raven_squad"]

These arguments over personal taste are pretty cute, BH14 and soundcell. :PMethodManFTW

Are you honestly so unintelligent you don't know what subjective means?

Yeah, yeah he is. I've been into two debates with him before, and I don't think I've argued against a human being with a lower IQ score than his. I don't get why someone would bump this thread though, this whole topic is just pathetic and serves as nothing more than a self-directed spotlight.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 soundcellx

I don't get why someone would bump this thread though, this whole topic is just pathetic and serves as nothing more than a self-directed spotlight.

finalserenade75

this was a hello topic that i was new to these boards as this was my first ever post here.

and why do you guys say I'm unintelligent? is it just because you are butthurt that i don't like your stupid shootie pew pew games?

finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 finalserenade75

this was a hello topic that i was new to these boards as this was my first ever post here.

and why do you guys say I'm unintelligent? is it just because you are butthurt that i don't like your stupid shootie pew pew games?

soundcellx

I stand by what I said, a self-directed spotlight and nothing more. Many users join these boards, and only few make a whole topic to introduce themselves and what games they like and what games they hate.

As for why we're calling you unintelligent, it's actually because you call people who like the "stupid shootie pew pew games" so. That and your inability to grasp basic human concepts, such as a subjective view.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

finalserenade75

I stand by what I said, a self-directed spotlight and nothing more. Many users join these boards, and only few make a whole topic to introduce themselves and what games they like and what games they hate.

As for why we're calling you unintelligent, it's actually because you call people who like the "stupid shootie pew pew games" so. That and your inability to grasp basic human concepts, such as a subjective view.

but the majority of people are stupid and that nullifies subjective views. i mean some people like country music, nascar, wrestling, religion, twilight movies, transformers movies, avatar, etc., so ya.

Avatar image for InstantKlassick
InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 InstantKlassick
Member since 2010 • 1161 Posts

Hello, Welcome to the wonderful world of PS3. (Feel free to add me if you like)

My favorite Games/Series are

Red Dead Redemption

Skate 3

Skyrim

Monopoly Streets

Metal Gear Solid Collection

----

My least favorite games/series are

Uncharted Series

God of War Series

Assassins Creed (exception of Part 2)

COD series

Final Fantasy XIII

I am not trying to troll; this is my opinion, and we are all entitled to it.

Avatar image for InstantKlassick
InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 InstantKlassick
Member since 2010 • 1161 Posts

[QUOTE="finalserenade75"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

soundcellx

but the majority of people are stupid and that nullifies subjective views. i mean some people like country music, nascar, wrestling, religion, twilight movies, transformers movies, avatar, etc., so ya.

Seriously, guys! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion when it comes to gaming. TC says he dislikes MGS series; I on the otherhand love it. Im not going to try and change his opinion because I respect it. People need to stop trying to change others opinions just because they dont like "your" choice in gaming. TC don't listen to them, keep doing what you do!

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="finalserenade75"]

InstantKlassick

Seriously, guys! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion when it comes to gaming. TC says he dislikes MGS series; I on the otherhand love it. Im not going to try and change his opinion because I respect it. People need to stop trying to change others opinions just because they dont like "your" choice in gaming. TC don't listen to them, keep doing what you do!

No one is trying to change his opinion. Everyone is just pointing out how moronic he is being.
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 soundcellx

My least favorite games/series are

Uncharted Series

God of War Series

Assassins Creed (exception of Part 2)

COD series

Final Fantasy XIII

I am not trying to troll; this is my opinion, and we are all entitled to it.

InstantKlassick

Yeah, FFXIII, COD, AC (they're all the exact same), GoW, are also on my least favorite list! We have things in common.

InstantKlassick

Thanks!

Pay it forward.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 soundcellx

No one is trying to change his opinion. Everyone is just pointing out how moronic he is being.MethodManFTW
No, u.

And 2day is my birthday, sew u b nice.