Dualshock < 360 controller (my opinion)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GTAdude89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GTAdude89
Member since 2009 • 37 Posts

I only own a Playstation 3 and believe it is overall a superior console over Xbox 360 so please don't get the wrong impression from the topic title. However, I have long wished that Sony would take a chance and make a more drastic redesign on their dualshock controller. I love my PS3 but at the same time envy the more comfortable controller that 360 owners have. I think it has more comfortable L+R triggers and prefer the thumbstick layout. Too bad 360 is less reliable and makes users pay for online service. Makes me wonder why PSN isn't as popular... ITS FREE

Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

Well that's obvious, everything but the d-pad on the 360 controller is godly.

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts

prefer analog stick placement on dualshock, triggers on 360 pad is awesome, dpad is atrocious. imo. I've been playing with a dualshock for 10+ years now, I'm comfortable with it.

Although I would have liked the Boomeraang controller, now that thing looked comfortable

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts
I don't really like the 360 controller, it's overrated. The shoulder buttons are uncomfortable, the D-pad is terrible, I don't like the analog stick placement or how the buttons are so round and stick up so much. Also the controller is heavy unless you get wired. The only good thing about the 360 controller is the triggers and analog stick feel.
Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts

Unknown_Hero3
Isnt the xbox controller just a gamecube/dream cast rehash.
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

Dreamcast controller>everything else.

*runs away*

Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Unknown_Hero3

[QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"]

Javieralijandro

indeed....but more sexeh

I love mah dreamy cast :oops:

GTAdude89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GTAdude89
Member since 2009 • 37 Posts

I thought the Gamecube controller was pretty crappy. Never got to play Failcast cause it died so quickly.

Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts
I do prefer the triggers on the xbox a little better, even though the dual shock's don't bother me my fingers tend to feel like there not balanced if that makes an sence. i guess i could buy the 5 dollar trigger caps at game stop
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

I thought the Gamecube controller was pretty crappy. Never got to play Failcast cause it died so quickly.

GTAdude89

One of the greatest consoles ever to exist.

But anyways, I much prefer the PS3 controller. The battery pack placement on the 360 control makes me rage.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

I think the Xbox controller is awsome. I played with the dual shocks at a store and after like 5 minutes of playing my thumbstick fingers were trying to fall off... While the Xbox controller fits perfectly into my hand and my thumbs never hurt :D

marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 marcl18123
Member since 2006 • 2050 Posts
It might because i've owned every playstation console but i just like the DS3 layout better; the 360 controller works fine (tho i do hate the d-pad) and the layout of the analog sticks on either controller is good to me (even tho the 360's sticks are concave), the 360's triggers are ok, but i realized that if u play a fps game and use a gun the requires u to tap the fire button fast to shoot faster, its easier to do the ds3's R1 button then the 360's Right trigger.
Bottom line, if you are me, u are awesome no matter what controller you use.
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#13 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

Unknown_Hero3
Maybe to you...i personally can't stand that crap 360 controller. It's overrated as hell ans ugly to boot with it's skittles non-pressure sensitive buttons. Dual Shock 3 is time tested for performance and just feels right. I forget the controller is in my hand, it becomes an extension to my body.. The 360 thing shoulder buttons suck...yes the triggers especially. I know there are lots of people that love those recessed triggers...personally I can't stand them. I use my pointer fingers for the shoulder buttons and it takes way too long on the 360 controller to switch shoulder buttons using 1 finger on each side. I love the speed I can switch buttons on ps3 shoulder buttons. I don't mind the triggers on ds3. I also love the d-pad and analog placemen of ds3 it's what I am used to and it's perfect. Symmetrical is better imo. The DS3 controller also looks sexy and sleek not fischer price cheap like the beige 360 pad. Oh yeah all the buttons on ds3 are pressure sensitive.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
My hands have practically conformed to the PS controllers. Its almost comical how super light the original PS controller was and odd without the analogue sticks. Personally i cant stand the xbox controllers though the worst for me was probably the N64 controllers lol.
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Unknown_Hero3

[QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"]

Midnightshade29

Maybe to you...i personally can't stand that crap 360 controller. It's overrated as hell ans ugly to boot with it's skittles non-pressure sensitive buttons. Dual Shock 3 is time tested for performance and just feels right. I forget the controller is in my hand, it becomes an extension to my body.. The 360 thing shoulder buttons suck...yes the triggers especially. I know there are lots of people that love those recessed triggers...personally I can't stand them. I use my pointer fingers for the shoulder buttons and it takes way too long on the 360 controller to switch shoulder buttons using 1 finger on each side. I love the speed I can switch buttons on ps3 shoulder buttons. I don't mind the triggers on ds3. I also love the d-pad and analog placemen of ds3 it's what I am used to and it's perfect. Symmetrical is better imo. The DS3 controller also looks sexy and sleek not fischer price cheap like the beige 360 pad. Oh yeah all the buttons on ds3 are pressure sensitive.

But isn't my opinion always better?

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

I've been fine with the Playstation controller since the late 90's

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

I think the DualShock design is simply the best for a controller. It's easy to pick and immediately feel use to it while the 360 controller I find too awkward and the battery pack makes it even worse. I also prefer the analog sticks closer together than separated like the 360's design.

Slightly off-topic, I always thought the Gamecube's controller was one of the best yet but the N64's was better.

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
I prefer my PS3 controller. Xbox's controller is okay but it has a few flaws, ie: the d-pad, the bumpers (RB/LB), and i don't like the button size and shape of the the face buttons. It is comfy to hold though.
Box_Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Box_Fresh
Member since 2009 • 137 Posts
My vote goes to the 360 controller. One of the only things I miss about selling my 360. The D-Pad was awful, I agree but when do you really use it that much? Fighting games, perhaps? I'll use an arcade stick, thank you very much! This thread is the first time I've heard any dislike about the bumpers or the battery pack... I'm interested in knowing what there is to hate about them? IMO the 360 is more comfortable as it has a natural curve in the way my hands sit on the controller and fully fills out the space between my hand and the controller, unlike the DS3 where there will be gaps. The stick placement hasn't bothered me on either sides, I played COD4 on 360 religiously for awhile and then couldn't stop with KZ2 on my PS3 and they were equally functional but I did prefer the stick tops to be concave to convex as my finger tips were less inclined to slip. But honestly, it's not a big deal to me in the end. I mean, I sold my 360 because I preferred PS3 games not because of the different experience in their controllers.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

I think the DualShock design is simply the best for a controller. It's easy to pick and immediately feel use to it while the 360 controller I find too awkward and the battery pack makes it even worse. I also prefer the analog sticks closer together than separated like the 360's design.

Slightly off-topic, I always thought the Gamecube's controller was one of the best yet but the N64's was better.

anime_gamer007
I agree with pretty much everything you said until the whole gamecube controller being one of the best bit. I facepalmed when you said N64's was better. :| That was one of the worst controllers in the history of gaming.
double_heist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 double_heist
Member since 2005 • 2402 Posts
D-Pad + Fighting Game = Hell no.
Tom-Servo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tom-Servo
Member since 2009 • 221 Posts

Denji

Yeah me too, I'm so used to it I just can't get comfy with the 360/xbox controller. It's a TAD to big for me.

GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GrilledCharlie
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

[QUOTE="Denji"]

Tom-Servo

Yeah me too, I'm so used to it I just can't get comfy with the 360/xbox controller. It's a TAD to big for me.

The 360 controller is too big for you? Well, at least other "manly" parts of you look bigger in your hobbit hands...haha. Just a joke.

adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 adizorz
Member since 2008 • 1410 Posts

what i would do for a white boomerang with some Realtriggers on them.... drewl...

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

I prefer the DS3

I have used it a lot more, so my hands have been practically molded around it

Tom-Servo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Tom-Servo
Member since 2009 • 221 Posts

[QUOTE="Tom-Servo"]

[QUOTE="Denji"]

GrilledCharlie

The 360 controller is too big for you? Well, at least other "manly" parts of you look bigger in your hobbit hands...haha. Just a joke.

haha oh yeah you know it ; D

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Screw those controllers. The GameCube had the best controller ever, and you can't deny it.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
blog it :|
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

[QUOTE="Midnightshade29"][QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"]

Unknown_Hero3

But isn't my opinion always better?

I don't know you, but if every opinion you have is as accurate as the one above, then yes, it is always better.

cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts

I only own a Playstation 3 and believe it is overall a superior console over Xbox 360 so please don't get the wrong impression from the topic title. However, I have long wished that Sony would take a chance and make a more drastic redesign on their dualshock controller. I love my PS3 but at the same time envy the more comfortable controller that 360 owners have. I think it has more comfortable L+R triggers and prefer the thumbstick layout. Too bad 360 is less reliable and makes users pay for online service. Makes me wonder why PSN isn't as popular... ITS FREE

GTAdude89
Dualshock > 360 controller ( my opinion ) :D
VinPal_94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 VinPal_94
Member since 2009 • 389 Posts

I simply favor the Dualshock because I have gotten used to it. Whenever I play the 360 at a friend's house, I have problems readjusting.

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
Ive put those triggers on my dualshock and now i prefer it. The D pad on the 360 controller is so atrocious that for me its unusable.
Meemtyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Meemtyke
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts

Dualshock > 360 controller, even if 360 controller isn't bad at all.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

the PS3 controller is better. The triggers on the 360 might be better because they don't hang off as much but the Dpad and the overall size of the controller are annoying. I don't like the placement of the analog sticks.

Stark1177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Stark1177
Member since 2003 • 200 Posts
Yea...I just got DreamGears Shadow 6 Controller for the PS3, you know the one where they put the analog stick on the left side where the D-pad is an the d-pad where the analog stick usually is on the PS3 controller...I dont think I can work with it...My hands are so used to the PS3/PS2 placement of everything...Even in FPS I am still better with the DS3, maybe I'll get to the Xbox 360's way eventually idk... (Never really ever placed Xbox 360 for an extended period of time)
zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
I'll find a link and edit my post later,but there's this thing where you can use your ps3 controller on the 360 and vice versa
G013M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 G013M
Member since 2006 • 6424 Posts
Sorry, but if you want to compare consoles, you have to use System Wars, not the console/system specific boards.