Does anyone else think that Uncharted is...

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

actually pretty difficult? I mean, I just started the game on normal difficulty (I beat the game first time on easy) and its pretty freaking challenging. Its only chapter 4 and some of the battles are killing me. It's crazy. Do I just suck or is this game relatively challenging for an action platformer?

Mutt523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Mutt523
Member since 2008 • 3805 Posts

actually pretty difficult? I mean, I just started the game on normal difficulty (I beat the game first time on easy) and its pretty freaking challenging. Its only chapter 4 and some of the battles are killing me. It's crazy. Do I just suck or is this game relatively challenging for an action platformer?

Essian
For the first time through it can be challenging. Just wait until you do the final battle on brutal.If you want challenge do COD WAW on veteran mode like I'm trying to do.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Hmm I can't say I can relate to you. I don't think there's much difference between the difficulties. Crushing isn't much more than Hard was. Fairly easy game imo

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

I struggled on Normal and I'm doing even worse on Hard. The part that I have the most difficulty on is the whole "zombie people."

Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

Pssh it was a pain on normal :cry:

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#6 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

It's very difficult. 10 minutes after the arplane crashed I got mad, threw my controller and didn't try the game again untill a few weeks ago. Then I finally pulled it off but just barely. If you check my posting you'll notice me going from hating the game, to thinking it's okay, to loving it.

ikn3z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ikn3z
Member since 2003 • 586 Posts

Not too hard. Here's a hint, if you are using cover, if you can just hide behind it instead of using the cover system it helps. Helped me at least.

nero_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nero_rules
Member since 2008 • 738 Posts
It's hard until you get the hang of things, and then it becomes insanely easy. I remember playing the demo and thinking "WTF! This is impossible!", but after a few more playthroughs I realized what I was doing wrong, and I never really had much trouble after that. I think the key is recognizing how important cover is. You need to be patient, wait for the right moment, and choose your shots carefully. If you try to play it like a run-and-gun shooter, you're going to be slaughtered. Once you learn patience and stick to cover, you should almost never die (at least not on normal difficulty).
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
first time i played it was on hard. really wasn't so hard. playing on verry hard(whatever the difficulty is called, i forgot lol) still isn't so hard
imapieceofwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 imapieceofwood
Member since 2006 • 1855 Posts

my first playthrough on normal i had a few difficulties. My second and third playthrough on hard and crushing wasnt all that bad. I didnt really have a tough time on any part in the game.

JackalJnr23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 JackalJnr23
Member since 2005 • 844 Posts
[QUOTE="Essian"]

Mutt523
For the first time through it can be challenging. Just wait until you do the final battle on brutal.If you want challenge do COD WAW on veteran mode like I'm trying to do.

I concur with Mutt523 in that Uncharted is only mildly difficult on Brutal difficulty when compared to COD WAW on Veteran difficulty.
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
It's hard until you get the hang of things, and then it becomes insanely easy. I remember playing the demo and thinking "WTF! This is impossible!", but after a few more playthroughs I realized what I was doing wrong, and I never really had much trouble after that. I think the key is recognizing how important cover is. You need to be patient, wait for the right moment, and choose your shots carefully. If you try to play it like a run-and-gun shooter, you're going to be slaughtered. Once you learn patience and stick to cover, you should almost never die (at least not on normal difficulty).nero_rules
Yea, once you get the hang of it the game is pretty easy...i beat hard and went straight to crushing and crushing was actually easier to me just because of how used to it i was. Beat the last boss on my first try ^.^
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Essian

I actually found the game quite easy even on hard. Once I changed it to crushing though it was actually pretty hard and a huge step up from hard. i still finished crushing though and got my platinum. :D

McMJ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#14 McMJ3
Member since 2008 • 2441 Posts

After your first playthrough, it's a breeze. At least, it was for me. It went like this:

Normal: 7 and a half hours

Hard: 6 and a half hours

Crushing: 5 hours and 45 minutes

McMJ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#15 McMJ3
Member since 2008 • 2441 Posts

Hmm I can't say I can relate to you. I don't think there's much difference between the difficulties. Crushing isn't much more than Hard was. Fairly easy game imo

BPoole96
My thoughts exactly, I had the toughest time on normal:P
YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 YekDastan316
Member since 2009 • 707 Posts

on easy i nver died in a gun fight. only where i have to platform i died

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I loved Uncharted because it made me be good at the game in the higher difficulties. I thought it was hard on crushing but then I got better. Good luck!
cutmaclass1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cutmaclass1
Member since 2004 • 1611 Posts
I just started playing this game today, and yeah it's pretty difficult. The checkpoints are in excellent locations though so even though I might get frustrated, I never once had the urge to just quit playing. The fact that the fighting rarely ever stops irks me far more than the difficulty.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
First time through on normal was a little challenging but not that much. After that it was easy. Crushing gave me a little challenge but after the underground part it was very easy.
heatfanman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 heatfanman101
Member since 2008 • 2877 Posts
[QUOTE="Essian"]

Mutt523

ha ha, gotta hate those random grenade kills
Racer_XLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Racer_XLR
Member since 2008 • 21664 Posts
Nah, not at all. I always, on my first play through, play on normal. I'm playing through hard right now and there's really not that much of a difference. You just need to be patient, wait and pick your shots carefully.
If you try to play it like a run-and-gun shooter, you're going to be slaughtered. nero_rules
Yep, patience is the key. Running in like Rambo is a big no-no.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I find everything easy now except Crushing. True its not as hard as Killzone 2 elite or COD Veteran but it still requires you to have a lot of skill. I recently replayed Crushing and I didn't nearly have as hard a time as my first run on Crushing.

yoda4ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 yoda4ps3
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts

I'm working on crushing and it actually takes a lot of strategy to get through a level and i actually understand why i died. Unlike COD5 where i die randomly from those FREAKING GRENADES i swear that was ridiculous

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
It is challenging, just wait till you play on the hardest difficulty.
Mutt523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 Mutt523
Member since 2008 • 3805 Posts

I'm working on crushing and it actually takes a lot of strategy to get through a level and i actually understand why i died. Unlike COD5 where i die randomly from those FREAKING GRENADES i swear that was ridiculous

yoda4ps3

Call of Duty World at War veteran modeis random grenades + infinite enemy respawns + 2 shots and your dead. Crushing on this is a cakewalk compared to vet mode on COD.

yoda4ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 yoda4ps3
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts

[QUOTE="yoda4ps3"]

Mutt523

Call of Duty World at War veteran modeis random grenades + infinite enemy respawns + 2 shots and your dead. Crushing on this is a cakewalk compared to vet mode on COD.

Yeah you need a lot of skill and even more luck to beat vet

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I was fine until I started the game on Crushing, I gave up.
hassanfadil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hassanfadil
Member since 2003 • 1051 Posts
Patience is the key specially on Crushing.
sweetpotatofry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#29 sweetpotatofry
Member since 2008 • 276 Posts

I started a file on the toughest difficulty (survivor?) to go for that final trophy, and I haven't gotten very far. It's just crazy! I didn't have much trouble on normal difficulty, however.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14812 Posts

I thought it was pretty easy. There were some parts that frustrated me on crushing, but it wasn't too bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a22550b94008
deactivated-5a22550b94008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5a22550b94008
Member since 2009 • 426 Posts

I thought you were going to say overpriced... because it is. Where's my greatest hit!?

tj1eight7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tj1eight7
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

Don't use the cover system. Just stand behind something and, if you're looking over the correct shoulder, you can pick them off one at time before they shoot at you. Kind of like a blind spot for your enemies almost.

gangster480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 gangster480
Member since 2006 • 856 Posts

Essian

your problem is that you played on easy first, youre used to the difficulty so when you go up to normal it seems hard, i used to play games on easy when i first get it and when i turn up the difficulty i get my a$$ handed to me.

uncharted was a rental for me. my friend told me that it is really easy. my first playthrough was on hard, then ibeat crushing then i went over it on easy to get all the treasures and unlock the platinum, all in 5 days

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Glad it wasn't only me...
Dante_May_Die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dante_May_Die
Member since 2008 • 1505 Posts

lol am i the only one who thought crushing was easy :S? lol

gangster480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gangster480

Dante_May_Die

I find it extremely easy. im glad because I dont want those games where i have to tear my hear out like cod which i did beat on veteran (longest days of my life)

kate_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kate_jones
Member since 2007 • 3221 Posts

I thought you were going to say overpriced... because it is. Where's my greatest hit!?

sublimeandetc

Import it, its greatest hits in most countries

to the TC, there were a couple spots on medium that took a few tries for me.

Tom-Servo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Tom-Servo
Member since 2009 • 221 Posts

BPoole96

Yeah I didn't think it was to tough either, it was actually pretty fun.

Dante_May_Die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Dante_May_Die
Member since 2008 • 1505 Posts

[QUOTE="Dante_May_Die"]

gangster480

I find it extremely easy. im glad because I dont want those games where i have to tear my hear out like cod which i did beat on veteran (longest days of my life)

oh no COD5 in veteran was hell hard i quited it
gangster480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gangster480

[QUOTE="gangster480"]

[QUOTE="Dante_May_Die"]

Dante_May_Die

oh no COD5 in veteran was hell hard i quited it

i actually quit multiple times. i split it up so one level a day. i got stuck on the part with the 4 stationary machine guns for like a few weeks. it was terrible. cheapest ai ever created

stevencavagan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 stevencavagan
Member since 2008 • 391 Posts

I only got this last week. It's slightly challenging but nowhere near as difficult as COD. I stuck at minute where them zombie ****** are. Been using cover quite well up till now but no chance to cover with these.

hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Its alryt in difficulty.... Thats why u alwayz play a game on normal or hard difficulty through the first time, because it prepares u for the next level up... Easy doesnt do jack....

Also, if u play on normal or hard then the game lasts longer....

And dude try crushing... I gave up on that, or well took a break so i can play INFAMOUS :D

solidfish30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 solidfish30
Member since 2008 • 676 Posts

I struggled on Normal and I'm doing even worse on Hard. The part that I have the most difficulty on is the whole "zombie people."

Furi-Kun

Those zombies are annoying, for the most of it I just simply tried to run past them when I was playing it through on hard.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#44 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I played it on easy :D

More fun that way, but i'll play normal sometime

ikn3z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ikn3z
Member since 2003 • 586 Posts

[QUOTE="Dante_May_Die"]

gangster480

Do you not read threads? There are a bunch of people who thought crushing was easy.
Cactus_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Cactus_Matt
Member since 2008 • 8604 Posts

Yeah I had a real tough time on normal (though thankfully finished it after a bit :D) I'll never even attempt it on the harder difficulties, even though I do love trophies :P

membership1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 membership1
Member since 2008 • 647 Posts
i dont think that uncharted is dificult in any difficulty....
Sean2moore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sean2moore
Member since 2008 • 389 Posts

This game can be frustrating only if you do not play it often enough. Once you do get the hang of it, it is really easier than you think. As for the zombies, I usually just run around and just shoot at them with a shotgun without aiming.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Furi-Kun

I hate the dang zombie people, they never stop coming.

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
I thought it was kinda easy - just aim for the head and think logically.