Does anyone else feel sick from not owning a PS4 ?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Carl_W21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Poll Does anyone else feel sick from not owning a PS4 ? (47 votes)

No, I have one, MUWAHAHA ! 74%
Yes :( I am going to kill myself ! 26%

Seriously, why did I not bother to pre-order or go to a launch :( !

Anyways, stocks are showing as available from Feb 2014, anyone heard any other news ?

Also, lucky PS4 owners, what are you initial thoughts ?

• 
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#51 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@clr84651 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Nowhere did I bash early adopters. :|

Then don't comment negatively about it having few games. Every console has few games in the beginning. That doesn't mean no one should buy it. It's very-very good that there's strong interest in it & people buying it early. Buy it now and play them as they come out. What's the big F'n deal about doing that? You act as if people are dumb to do that. You told me I would be better off as a consumer to do it your way. Really? There would be no Sony gaming division if people thought that way. It would release & not 1 would sell. It's your opinion that you are better off waiting. That is not what's best. It's best when people show great interest & buy it quickly. This shows great desire for game developers to make games for it as they can turn a profit since making a game takes a lot of time and money.

lol you're being ultra-sensitive about all this. You've gone after everyone in the thread that expressed similar notions to mine.

I haven't told anyone else not to buy it. Everybody has different reasons for buying or not buying now. You simply cannot expect everyone to share your opinions and beliefs over consumer behavior.

I care more about every day people and their overall welfare than I do some corporation, and I don't want to hear about anymore fairytale scenarios about everybody doing the same thing, one way or the other. If everybody did as you suggested, companies like Sony would have zero incentive to make quality games if we all blindly bought whatever they were selling, just because you think we should support them.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@clr84651 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Nowhere did I bash early adopters. :|

Then don't comment negatively about it having few games. Every console has few games in the beginning. That doesn't mean no one should buy it. It's very-very good that there's strong interest in it & people buying it early. Buy it now and play them as they come out. What's the big F'n deal about doing that? You act as if people are dumb to do that. You told me I would be better off as a consumer to do it your way. Really? There would be no Sony gaming division if people thought that way. It would release & not 1 would sell. It's your opinion that you are better off waiting. That is not what's best. It's best when people show great interest & buy it quickly. This shows great desire for game developers to make games for it as they can turn a profit since making a game takes a lot of time and money.

lol you're being ultra-sensitive about all this. You've gone after everyone in the thread that expressed similar notions to mine.

I haven't told anyone else not to buy it. Everybody has different reasons for buying or not buying now. You simply cannot expect everyone to share your opinions and beliefs over consumer behavior.

I care more about every day people and their overall welfare than I do some corporation, and I don't want to hear about anymore fairytale scenarios about everybody doing the same thing, one way or the other. If everybody did as you suggested, companies like Sony would have zero incentive to make quality games if we all blindly bought whatever they were selling, just because you think we should support them.

Please explain how it's beneficial for no one to buy the PS4 for 1.5 to 2 years. So Sony would lose all 3rd party support like Nintendo has with the Wii U? So Sony would shut down their gaming division? If someone buys a PS4 now for $400 & this ensures success & greater game development for the PS4 how is this bad & not beneficial to the consumer? How is waiting 1-2 years & paying the $400 then any different in cost to the consumer? There is no benefit to the consumer to wait & only has the potential to worsen their game prospective outlook. Your outlook on it is flawed. There is no reason not to buy sooner rather than later, other than if someone simply has to wait because they can't afford it yet.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

If you're slow enough at gaming that you haven't played all the games you've wanted to play on the PS3, chances are PS4's minimal backlog is enough to tide you over for quite awhile.

And I agree about supporting Sony. I'm not buying the PS4 because it has reached its full potential in games. It would be absolutely pointless in waiting that long. I'm buying it now so Sony gathers superior support from 3rd party developers (and can better support the console themselves). Having said that, unless you're specifically only into uber niche games, there is already plenty to play on the PS4, so why wait? I can't imagine buying any new games for the PS3 after experiencing what a superior gaming experience the PS4 can offer. No point in stagnating the generation...

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Nope. I have life.

Right now, I'm fine with just a PS3, there's still more games to be played and buy. I'll buy a PS4 once the library is better. I'm in no rush at all.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Bigboi500

@KHAndAnime said:

If you're slow enough at gaming that you haven't played all the games you've wanted to play on the PS3, chances are PS4's minimal backlog is enough to tide you over for quite awhile.

And I agree about supporting Sony. I'm not buying the PS4 because it has reached its full potential in games. It would be absolutely pointless in waiting that long. I'm buying it now so Sony gathers superior support from 3rd party developers (and can better support the console themselves). Having said that, unless you're specifically only into uber niche games, there is already plenty to play on the PS4, so why wait? I can't imagine buying any new games for the PS3 after experiencing what a superior gaming experience the PS4 can offer. No point in stagnating the generation...

One point for waiting is getting better hardware that wasn't launch-rushed and will not have issues. And I am into "uber niche games" mostly JRPGs and PS4 offers nothing in that genre right now. PS3 is still getting Lightning Returns, Tales of Xillia 2, Persona 5 and The Witch and the Hundred Knights for instance. I don't care at all for annual EA or Activision titles, so buying a PS4 right now would be a waste for me.

It has nothing to do with being "slow at gaming", I just play and buy more games than your average gamer who's content with three or four blockbusters per year.

I will be buying a PS4 when Watch Dogs and Infamous 3 comes out, and Destiny is around the corner. By then, PS+ should have a considerable amount of PS4 games to download as well.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

TC, take it from me, if you have the patience, you will not regret it. The PS4 has no killer game at the moment, like literally no Killer games, infact its best game is Resogun which in all fairness can be done on the PS3. I am looking to plugging my PS3 back in and enjoying the goodness that system has to offer. Just wait on a PS4

Carl_W21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Carl_W21
Member since 2004 • 2021 Posts

@megaspiderweb09 said:

TC, take it from me, if you have the patience, you will not regret it. The PS4 has no killer game at the moment, like literally no Killer games, infact its best game is Resogun which in all fairness can be done on the PS3. I am looking to plugging my PS3 back in and enjoying the goodness that system has to offer. Just wait on a PS4

I don't have a choice lol, but yea I mean I still am yet to do Fallout: Vegas, Dead Space 2 and the rest, erm I have not had much out of GTA V online on X-Box either, still want to do some more races on GT5, also want to do another play through on Mirrors Edge. All that on top of uni assignments, I should be good.

11_17_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By 11_17_06
Member since 2006 • 765 Posts

Why in the sam hills would I want to kill my self for not owing a ps4 ? The launch titles are horrible, until I see some good games I ain't getting a ps4. Until then my ps3 will keep me busy.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6849 Posts

I plan on getting one after I drop a few more LBs.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 KHAndAnime

@Bigboi500 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

One point for waiting is getting better hardware that wasn't launch-rushed and will not have issues. And I am into "uber niche games" mostly JRPGs and PS4 offers nothing in that genre right now. PS3 is still getting Lightning Returns, Tales of Xillia 2, Persona 5 and The Witch and the Hundred Knights for instance. I don't care at all for annual EA or Activision titles, so buying a PS4 right now would be a waste for me.

It has nothing to do with being "slow at gaming", I just play and buy more games than your average gamer who's content with three or four blockbusters per year.

I will be buying a PS4 when Watch Dogs and Infamous 3 comes out, and Destiny is around the corner. By then, PS+ should have a considerable amount of PS4 games to download as well.

JRPGs are uber niche. Out of a hundred gamers, perhaps a handful care about JRPGs...

It's not like tons of quality games have been released for consoles in the last couple years. If you game more than the average gamer, you've had more than enough time to play all the games worth playing...

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Bigboi500

@KHAndAnime said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

JRPGs are uber niche. Out of a hundred gamers, perhaps a handful care about JRPGs...

It's not like tons of quality games have been released for consoles in the last couple years. If you game more than the average gamer, you've had more than enough time to play all the games worth playing...

"games worth playing" is subjective. So what if more gamers play FPSs instead of JRPGs? Does Justin Beiber or Lady Gaga selling more albums than Beethoven or Hayden make them better artists?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Bigboi500 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

"games worth playing" is subjective. So what if more gamers play FPSs instead of JRPGs? Does Justin Beiber or Lady Gaga selling more albums than Beethoven or Hayden make them better artists?

Despite the subjectivity of the statement, my point stands irregardless of what you consider to be worth playing. Unless you happen to think every game released is worth playing - there haven't really haven't been that many games released in the last couple years (in any genre outside of indie). Quality is irrelevant to my statement on JRPGs - a JRPG is a very specific type of game that very few people play - therefore it is 'uber niche'. If you rely on uber niche games to make your console purchase, then PS4 isn't for you yet.

Like I was saying, for people with regular tastes in games, PS4 has plenty to play already. And it's all a major step up from what's on the PS3.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Bigboi500

@KHAndAnime said:

Despite the subjectivity of the statement, my point stands irregardless of what you consider to be worth playing. Unless you happen to think every game released is worth playing - there haven't really haven't been that many games released in the last couple years (in any genre outside of indie). Quality is irrelevant to my statement on JRPGs - a JRPG is a very specific type of game that very few people play - therefore it is 'uber niche'. If you rely on uber niche games to make your console purchase, then PS4 isn't for you yet.

Like I was saying, for people with regular tastes in games, PS4 has plenty to play already. And it's all a major step up from what's on the PS3.

JRPGs aren't the only genre I play, and Playstation isn't the only console I play on. If I only gamed on Sony systems, then yeah I'd be ready for PS4.

djvj_y2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By djvj_y2k
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts

No, i 100 % don't feel sick from not owning a PS4. PS3 still has LOTS and LOTS of gas left in the tank IMO. I'm not in a rush / urge / that desperate to own a ps4 but MAYBE i'll try to own one in April 2014 or Christmas 2014. And who knows really if i'm going to own one and whenever.

And i didn't vote because the choices are laughable. I'm just being practical. PS3 FTW!

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I would buy one now if I could. I do not have the money and probably cannot find one anyway. The PS4 sounds promising. All 12 studios are working on games for PS4 and most third parties are bringing their games to the system. With most of Sony's studios finishing their last generation titles in 2011, this means that their current generation games have to be coming out within the next year. Uncharted will most likely be awesome, and I am pretty sure whatever Media Molecule will put out will be something everyone will want to play. You also have Santa Monica publishing The Order and developing a new game with the Battlestar Galactica writer and Guerrilla games working on another title besides Killzone with the Fallout New Vegas Writer. The developers of Resogun have a second game coming to PS4 as well as the director of Shadows of the Dammed, and Level 5. You have also got multiplat titles such as Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 15, Guilty Gear, The Crew, Watch Dogs, Dragon Age 3, The Witcher 3, Destiny, and others coming to the system as well. People should be happy that the system is already getting good support right at launch and will continue for some time to come.

Who has money to buy 8 billion titles at launch anyway? Infamous Second Son and the announcement of a Naughty Dog Game were enough to sell me on the system. I am pretty sire Drive will be good. Evolution has not made a bad game yet. Granted, it is coming out at bad time due to Forza and Gran Turismo being released. Everybody who has PS Plus gets the majority of the game for free anyway. What is there to complain about?

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Just buy one of Friday all of the Wal-marts in my area are having a special. They currently have 25 ps4s for sale prior to the event and around 30 during the event.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Joke thread? PS4 software right now is garbage. Let me know when it gets a decent game or two.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

Ordered XB1 ahead of time. Figured it'd be 2014 before I got a chance to pick up a PS4, but WalMart had a ton of them in stock (literally like a dozen crates full). Got mine today, didn't have to buy some outrageous bundle...

Avatar image for bannedexistence
BannedExistence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#69 BannedExistence
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

If inFamous: Second Son was a launch title, yes, I'd feel sick about it. But otherwise, no, I would not. I'm not going to drop $400 on a console to play games that I could just play on my PS3 or unworthy exclusives such as Killzone: Shadow Fall.

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#70  Edited By wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I'm not bothered about the PS4 yet since none of the games interest me if inFAMOUS Second Son was a launch title then I would have liked to have had a PS4. As for FPS games I have no interest in them at all which seems to be the main titles that the PS4 has to offer.

I'm still playing my PS3 and a lot of games are still coming out for the system which is excellent.