Do you think Sony can really make a comeback?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

si7ver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 si7ver
Member since 2003 • 656 Posts

First of all let me start off by saying that I'm strong supporter of Sony and the products they produce. And I'm also an owner of all three consoles. I in no way want this thread to turn into any fan-boy SW type of nonsense.

So my question is...Do you think Sony and the PS3 can really make a strong comeback here in the US? It seems that every time Sony announces some real good news, it's seems to get followed up w/ really bad news (40gig ps3 for example.) It makes me kinda worried that maybe Sony just wont be the leader in this generation. Yes, I know that the PS3 does have future proof potential, but it's so far behind the competition will it make a difference? Next year Sony does have many games that will be released. I just hope that all things fall into place for Sony. What do you think? Do you see the PS3 closing the gap w/ the other two big consoles eventually?

-777-

NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NielsNL
Member since 2005 • 4346 Posts
There was a topic today showing sales charts and it turns out the PS3 is selling just as much as the 360 when that was at the same point in its lifecycle. So I don't think you can really speak of a comeback since there isn't anything to come back from comparing to the 360. The Wii however outsells both. I don't think both the PS3 and 360 will overtake it again. However I feel that the PS3 and 360 shouldn't be compared to the Wii since they're quite different.
Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts

yes

its just getting started this christmas

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

There was a topic today showing sales charts and it turns out the PS3 is selling just as much as the 360 when that was at the same point in its lifecycle. So I don't think you can really speak of a comeback since there isn't anything to come back from comparing to the 360. The Wii however outsells both. I don't think both the PS3 and 360 will overtake it again. However I feel that the PS3 and 360 shouldn't be compared to the Wii since they're quite different. NielsNL

It should also be stated that the 360 only had to compete with PS2 for the most part while PS3 has to compete with PS2, 360, and Wii. And still selling just as well as 360 did when it was the only next-gen console.

It might not make a comeback soon, but once Sony gets a few features out that people have been asking for as well as some great games, it will sell.

muff07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 muff07
Member since 2007 • 945 Posts

6 million consoles is the diffrence and to be fair thats nothing in the games industry(well its a bit but noat as much as ppl make out) and it sells on par with the 360 worldwide at the high price point so it stands to reason it will sell btr than the 360 if they are at the same price point.

a then theres always this 710,000,000 + 128,000,000 = more than 300,000,000

europe + japan = more than usa

Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts

[QUOTE="NielsNL"]There was a topic today showing sales charts and it turns out the PS3 is selling just as much as the 360 when that was at the same point in its lifecycle. So I don't think you can really speak of a comeback since there isn't anything to come back from comparing to the 360. The Wii however outsells both. I don't think both the PS3 and 360 will overtake it again. However I feel that the PS3 and 360 shouldn't be compared to the Wii since they're quite different. The_Rick_14

It should also be stated that the 360 only had to compete with PS2 for the most part while PS3 has to compete with PS2, 360, and Wii. And still selling just as well as 360 did when it was the only next-gen console.

It might not make a comeback soon, but once Sony gets a few features out that people have been asking for as well as some great games, it will sell.

and keep in mind decmeber 31 2007 isnt the end of the world nor is it a deadline for sony

si7ver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 si7ver

There was a topic today showing sales charts and it turns out the PS3 is selling just as much as the 360 when that was at the same point in its lifecycle. So I don't think you can really speak of a comeback since there isn't anything to come back from comparing to the 360. The Wii however outsells both. I don't think both the PS3 and 360 will overtake it again. However I feel that the PS3 and 360 shouldn't be compared to the Wii since they're quite different. NielsNL

I agree w/ you about the Wii.I think the Wii kinda stands alone w/ their user/fan base. Allot of the ppl that purchased the system are moms intrigued by the whole Wii bowling thing. Jeez, I know my mom is lol. But the 360 is a different story. Their fan base is probably the same type of ppl that wld IMO purchase a PS3. The thing is though, 360's user base here in the US is huge. Not Wii huge but still big. Look at the sales numbers of H3. I really hope that starting w/ the beta release of Home and 40 gig PS3, even-though it doesn't have BC makes Sony's sale numbers start to really soar.

-777-

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
It's too early for anyone to be counted out. The media has the uncanny ability to tell ppl what to think. Sony's not new to this. They have everything in place to climb the ranks easily. It's just a matter of timing.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Rick_14
[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]

[QUOTE="NielsNL"]There was a topic today showing sales charts and it turns out the PS3 is selling just as much as the 360 when that was at the same point in its lifecycle. So I don't think you can really speak of a comeback since there isn't anything to come back from comparing to the 360. The Wii however outsells both. I don't think both the PS3 and 360 will overtake it again. However I feel that the PS3 and 360 shouldn't be compared to the Wii since they're quite different. Absynthetic

and keep in mind decmeber 31 2007 isnt the end of the world nor is it a deadline for sony

Exactly. Sony went the "future-proof" route for a reason, just like they did with the PS2.

stickstick86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stickstick86
Member since 2007 • 751 Posts
yes they can..
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

[QUOTE="NielsNL"]There was a topic today showing sales charts and it turns out the PS3 is selling just as much as the 360 when that was at the same point in its lifecycle. So I don't think you can really speak of a comeback since there isn't anything to come back from comparing to the 360. The Wii however outsells both. I don't think both the PS3 and 360 will overtake it again. However I feel that the PS3 and 360 shouldn't be compared to the Wii since they're quite different. The_Rick_14

Exactly.

Keep in mind, too, the fact that the PS3 not only went against much stronger competition then the 360 did, but it did it at a much higher price, with a relative lack of games, weak ports of 360 games and it launched just as the 360 was hitting it's stride with games like Gears of War.

Sony has done, in my opinion, an excellent job at keeping up when you take all things into consideration. I have no worries what so ever in regards to the future of the PS3. With the recent price cuts we should see a large sales increase, which in turn should make developers feel more comfortable developing great exclusive games that really take advantage of the PS3's hardware.

Developers have been understandably concerned over the user base because of the huge costs associated with game development these days, and if Sony can make the PS3 a profitable platform for developers to make games on, we should start to see some great exclusive games.

alt_version

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 alt_version
Member since 2005 • 90 Posts

Personally I think that PS3 will overtake 360 handsdown, however I think the Wii will probably have the highest sales overall but it will likely lose support later in it's life cycle because it will fail to produce new innovative concepts beyond what is already available. The PS3 has a future that neither of the other systems can offer, but because of this it has a higher price tag, thought the $400 system is stripped a little bit it does offer a really nice value for those getting into next gen. Hopefully we will see a significant increase in PS3 sales this Holiday season. But to answer your question, Sony doesn't need to make a comeback really, and I think it will dominate the 360 but the Wii and its cheaper price point and broad demographic will likely take this generation, but when all is said and done, I really don't care for the Wii, but thats just my personal opinion.

Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Giff1988
Member since 2007 • 800 Posts

Nope.... Sony is in a very similar position that the first Xbox was in. Xbox had less games and higher price then the ps2 so.... M$ kept on lowering the price till it was impossible for them to make any of there money back despite decent console and game sales. The PS3 is much the same less games and a much higher price then it's competitors. Sony has now cut there system price twice in under a year. 60 gig sale and now the 40 gig ps3. Even though they took out some features in the 40 gig I seriously doubt it was a 100 dollars worth of hardware they cut.

Don't misinterpreted this. Sony and the PS3 are not going anywhere, there not dropping out like the Dreamcast did, I just don't think Sony will make any money on the PS3 or have the longevity of the PS2. Some may say it's a little early for this prediction but hey.... just speculation,and I also I'm a big believer in history repeating it's self and the PS3 has plenty of resemblances to the Xbox.

Avatar image for DAGAMEKILLER360
DAGAMEKILLER360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 DAGAMEKILLER360
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts

yes

Paul_TheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Paul_TheGreat
Member since 2004 • 9085 Posts
hell yeah
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I agree with alt_version.

Comparing how the sales have been so far Sony has done very well. This holiday season with price drop it will improve even more.

The "real"games are just coming and PS3 life cycle is just about to start. The future of this system is unlimited, it has all the potential to surpass competition.

In my opinion the only "sale" competition is Wii. Nothing else.

Playstation 3 has nothing to come back from. It's already a strong competitor since it arrived on market and will only keep moving forward.

tfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tfaa
Member since 2003 • 362 Posts
Ok, who would of thought that a $600 console would sell? For the price of the system and how much it has sold with that price, i'd say 5 mill is a good start. Just think when the $400 price tag actually hits. Its going to do very well I think. The thing with Sony is that it has a handful of frnchises, not just one. It seems like M$ is betting everything on Halo 3 and I think Mass Effect isnt going to sell as much as everyone thinks. It will probaly be a good game dont get me wrong but it defintely isnt going to appeal to everybody. Anyways I really think 08 is going to shine for Sony. I dont think anybody will wipe out the "casual console" Wii but im sure the PS3 will come in a great second.
InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts
People love to make predictions about what will happen in the future, but that doesnt make them right. I'll find out the PS3's future when I get there, and not listening to short sighted predictions b/t fanboys.
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#19 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
I think so...but honestly, if they don't, it doesn't really matter because of their big fan/user base...there are alot of sony products on the shelves...if their next-gen system doesn't make it, the company as a whole will still do fine...
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

I was not aware that Sony had gone anywhere.

Isn't the PS2 still the #1 console in sales?

CrazyWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CrazyWerewolf
Member since 2005 • 50 Posts
Yes, in four words - Metal Gear Solid 4.
RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RahKayne
Member since 2003 • 3436 Posts

wow great answers from everyone

case closed

SolidusHo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SolidusHo
Member since 2005 • 538 Posts

just fyi, they probably didn't cut 100 bucks of hardware, just something here and there, like ps2 chip, usb ports, card readers etc. the main thing they did was outsource their chip making so that they're able to lower the price of the ps3 even more.

also you can't even compare the ps3 to the 360. they're not even in the same category of machine. one is hdmi capable and uses bluray format. the other is a faster version of the ps2 stuck in the world of dvds. you'll probably have to wait until the xbox 720 to compare against the ps3.

Finally the ONLY reason for the lag in ps3 IS BECAUSE of the crappyness of MS and the xbox. which in turn leads to the crappyness of the video game making industry, and to pick on one in particular... EA... damn i'm hating EA right now... seriously you (referring to EA) say you're going to make a game for the next gen console yet you make it run and operate slower than the 360? are you retarded? on top of that, it's full of crap glitches? LAZY! OOooo let me take a guess on what your next football game will be.... uhh... it's the same one as last year but with update jersey colors..... wow... that took a whole year to work on... Multi platform games, what a joke. buying a game on the ps3 when it's also on the xbox is retarded. where is all the extra space on the bluray going to? you might as well have just put that crap on another dvd and made it 10 dollars cheaper cause i don't really see any "NEW" coding going on to have to increase the cost. and neversoft, seriously, it's BLUETOOTH! it's a UNIVERSAL format and you can't get it to work?

si7ver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 si7ver

wow great answers from everyone

case closed

RahKayne

I agree w/ you bro!! 8)

-777-

Saldogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 Saldogg
Member since 2003 • 446 Posts
exclusives exclusives exclusives... if its ever confirmed that mgs will never go to 360 that will sell a ton of consoles, but as it stands, i dont see jak and caxter or rachet and clank as system sellers... killzone could definitely do some damage, but msoft has sony killed on exclusives, and it blatently stole assassins creed and dmc 4... if msoft gets mgs4 there will really never be a reason for me to buy a ps3... well... till god of war 3
GreasyFetus69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GreasyFetus69
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts

yes

Absynthetic
but there is nothing coming out this christmas...
SolidusHo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidusHo
Member since 2005 • 538 Posts
well i'd say it's cause bill dangled a bag with a dollar sign in front of jade and the poor girl just couldn't say no... don't worry jade i might have too depending on how big the bag was. and a sidenote, you're still hot
GreasyFetus69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GreasyFetus69
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
Yes, in four words - Metal Gear Solid 4.CrazyWerewolf
i dont think those games sell as much as you think. but it is popular among hardcore gamers.
james28893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 james28893
Member since 2007 • 3252 Posts
The 360 deserves the top spot presently. The PS3 deserves it by next year. The Wii has never and will never deserve it. Seriously name a good game (besides Zelda or Warioware) that nas come out on it.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#32 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

exclusives exclusives exclusives... if its ever confirmed that mgs will never go to 360 that will sell a ton of consoles, but as it stands, i dont see jak and caxter or rachet and clank as system sellers... killzone could definitely do some damage, but msoft has sony killed on exclusives, and it blatently stole assassins creed and dmc 4... if msoft gets mgs4 there will really never be a reason for me to buy a ps3... well... till god of war 3Saldogg

There's one.

But unlike this one, I'm MORE optimistic then this one.:P

ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ChartTopper93
Member since 2006 • 880 Posts

it only competed because of the huge user base it already had from the ps3. people buying the system out of blind loyalty and faith in the system....the sells have slowed down because the faith is going because of these constant stumbles the ps3 has been facing. it can come back but people aren't going to keep supporting or willing to buy a system with this many problems while watching them get more and more desperate. 4 different systems and 3 price cuts in a span of 10 minths....then they settle down with the watered down version and phase out the 60gig. they look insane right now and like they're trying anything possible to get out this mess. who in their right mind would want to buy into that unless something spectacular happens.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
[QUOTE="Absynthetic"]

yes

GreasyFetus69
but there is nothing coming out this christmas...

SO uncharded, eye of judgement wich is a casual seller because of the card games out there, haze, rachet and clank, folklore, heavily sword, lair i now it floped but i bet alot of people don't now this. plus warhawk, oblivion, ngs, resistance, motor storm ect. there is alot of new comers that will enjoy there system.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
plus 25 titles for 2008 for first party alone will make people flock to the ps 3 because why seattle for a console that might be cheaper but unrelaible that you can play multiplats plus the largest first party bigger than both competitors combined. think about it next year i see maybe a hand full of exclusives but 25 or so exclusive plus mutiplat games. which one would you choose. plus all sony has to do is advertise that yes we get rockstars game gta4 but also get 3 or so exclusives on top of that. plus all they need to show is the next ico team game then it will be done and over with.
Darth_Snutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Darth_Snutch
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts
Yes,
sony sells extremely well in all markets, not just in North America. PS3 will sell very well in it's life cycle don't worry.
el_rika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 el_rika
Member since 2004 • 3474 Posts

[QUOTE="CrazyWerewolf"]Yes, in four words - Metal Gear Solid 4.GreasyFetus69
i dont think those games sell as much as you think. but it is popular among hardcore gamers.

MGS franchise sold 20 mil copies, same as thehalo franchise...are you saying Halo does not sell well ? :question:

Magicmaster-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Magicmaster-E
Member since 2004 • 788 Posts
Personally I don't think sony can make a "comeback", but rather than carve out a succesful spot in the market right now. I think it is kind of clear now that Sony is going to have a VERY hard time winning this console war, what they need to do is focus on keeping there exclusives, and keeping them good, no more Lair catastrophes, you hear me?
outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#39 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts
when they make a comeback ...IT WILL BE HUGE
KoolEmpty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KoolEmpty
Member since 2002 • 1081 Posts

The 360 deserves the top spot presently. The PS3 deserves it by next year. The Wii has never and will never deserve it. Seriously name a good game (besides Zelda or Warioware) that nas come out on it.james28893

All that maters for the Wii is SMBG and SSBB, both those games look brilliant...oh and Nights. Next year I have no idea what to look forward to on the Wii...if anything.

This year Sony sat back way too much, as far as game go for next year Wii = uhh, MS looks alright, Sony looks great...

I don't anticipate any other console doing what the Wii has done, it's been incredible, but PS3 sales should really take off next year and it should be outselling the 360, will it still be too far behind at that point...not sure.

outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#41 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts

[QUOTE="CrazyWerewolf"]Yes, in four words - Metal Gear Solid 4.GreasyFetus69

???? i no a crap load of casual gamers and they all know about metal gear solid...doesnt matter if they played the one on the ps1 , or ps2.....they KNOW metal gear solid....just like halo ....MGS is a very popular franchise

and in japan ...OH BOY!! everyone knows abot mgs there

mnmnanu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mnmnanu
Member since 2005 • 148 Posts
yes..last gen there were over 200 million systems sell(that ps2 xbox and GC combined). a 120 mill of those where ps2. i think those 120 mill are just waiting for the right time to buy in the ps3. maybe not all of them will but alot will.with that been saidonly 30 mill have been sold this gen. that leaves 170 mill waiting, ps3 will be ok. alot of people like sony,they arejust waiting.
muff07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 muff07
Member since 2007 • 945 Posts
it wasnt 200 million as 120+25+21 =166 and western europe,china and india will al emerge during late this generation and early next generation to play an important part in the console wars so sway them and the old demographic may not even matter
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 The_Rick_14
[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]

[QUOTE="NielsNL"]There was a topic today showing sales charts and it turns out the PS3 is selling just as much as the 360 when that was at the same point in its lifecycle. So I don't think you can really speak of a comeback since there isn't anything to come back from comparing to the 360. The Wii however outsells both. I don't think both the PS3 and 360 will overtake it again. However I feel that the PS3 and 360 shouldn't be compared to the Wii since they're quite different. ChartTopper93

it only competed because of the huge user base it already had from the ps3. people buying the system out of blind loyalty and faith in the system....the sells have slowed down because the faith is going because of these constant stumbles the ps3 has been facing. it can come back but people aren't going to keep supporting or willing to buy a system with this many problems while watching them get more and more desperate. 4 different systems and 3 price cuts in a span of 10 minths....then they settle down with the watered down version and phase out the 60gig. they look insane right now and like they're trying anything possible to get out this mess. who in their right mind would want to buy into that unless something spectacular happens.

With this many problems? Why because they are working to make the customer happy? Wasn't that exactly what M$ did with elite when everyone complained about HDMI. I'm pretty sure it is. Sales have slowed down due to the traditional game drought of the summer which happens on ALL consoles.

And you can call it blind loyalty all you want and you can call me a fanboy all you want but the fact remains that there was a big game drought for the 360 and Wii alike this summer. The difference was that there were other games for people to play so it got embellished and exaggerated for the PS3. I bought a PS3 because I prefer the controller and because the majority of games I play are multiplats anyway.

Also what is the difference between M$ coming out with the core from the get go and Sony having a comparible "core" version now?

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 DuhQbnSiLo
Member since 2007 • 622 Posts

ps2 came out...

xbox came out...

xbox milestone with Halo...

ps2 milestone with GoW...

Xbox climax with Halo 2....

Ps2 milestone with sales as the most own electronic in the world...

Xbox360 came out...

Ps3 came out...

Xbox360 milestone with GoW....

Ps2 climax's with GoW2...

Xbox360 hits climax with Halo 3

(we still need PS3's milestone and climax... when ever those are!)

gamefreakwill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#46 gamefreakwill
Member since 2006 • 449 Posts

You guys need to stop getting your hopes up because the PS3 came into the war dead on arrival. Look at the sales worldwide to the 360 and Wii, its got about 5,000,000 units sold worldwide, not 6 million, and even if there are a lot of games coming out this holiday season, there either sequels or games that aren't that special. You guys had a chance with GTA IV, but with it bein delayed, and lacking downloadable content, it won't sell too well on your dying consoles. Sure MGS4 is coming, but what's so great about that game? Its got some cool gameplay but graphics wise its too generic, even if it looks good, many things look repeated and in the Middle Eastern levels its not too vivid for a city and too grayish. Also, the 360's got Halo 3 and Bioshock, while the Wii's got SSBB and Super Mario Galaxy. The PS3? Hardly anything, maybe Drake's Fortune or Ratchet and Clank, but those aren't anything compared to Halo 3, Bioshock, SMG, or SSBB. I don't see anything new in those titles. Nothing, even your precious Killzone 2 or MGS4 will stop the coming fire of the 360 and the Wii, you guys are finished. Just surrender now, stop hoping of a comeback, and move on. Oh and, HAHA you guys got beaten by the Wii, a totally weaker system!! XD

P.S.- Even those articles on seeing the 360 in third and PS3 somehow in first are all biased and wrong remarks, not even looking on the bad PS3 sales records.And the Wii will continue you own because its so much cheaper and more fun to play, and 360 will because of Halo 3 and other things like Fable 2 and what not. MGS4 and Killzone 2, nothing that will totally boost sales of the PS3, because even if people do buy a PS3 for them, they'd end up disappointed because of hardly any other real Blockbusters coming out in the future. Even FFXIII won't do too much even if its Final Fantasy.

Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts
HD game-wise the competition has only two big system sellers while PS3 has alot more IMO.
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts

You guys need to stop getting your hopes up because the PS3 came into the war dead on arrival. Look at the sales worldwide to the 360 and Wii, its got about 5,000,000 units sold worldwide, not 6 million, and even if there are a lot of games coming out this holiday season, there either sequels or games that aren't that special. You guys had a chance with GTA IV, but with it bein delayed, and lacking downloadable content, it won't sell too well on your dying consoles. Sure MGS4 is coming, but what's so great about that game? Its got some cool gameplay but graphics wise its too generic, even if it looks good, many things look repeated and in the Middle Eastern levels its not too vivid for a city and too grayish. Also, the 360's got Halo 3 and Bioshock, while the Wii's got SSBB and Super Mario Galaxy. The PS3? Hardly anything, maybe Drake's Fortune or Ratchet and Clank, but those aren't anything compared to Halo 3, Bioshock, SMG, or SSBB. I don't see anything new in those titles. Nothing, even your precious Killzone 2 or MGS4 will stop the coming fire of the 360 and the Wii, you guys are finished. Just surrender now, stop hoping of a comeback, and move on. Oh and, HAHA you guys got beaten by the Wii, a totally weaker system!! XD

P.S.- Even those articles on seeing the 360 in third and PS3 somehow in first are all biased and wrong remarks, not even looking on the bad PS3 sales records.And the Wii will continue you own because its so much cheaper and more fun to play, and 360 will because of Halo 3 and other things like Fable 2 and what not. MGS4 and Killzone 2, nothing that will totally boost sales of the PS3, because even if people do buy a PS3 for them, they'd end up disappointed because of hardly any other real Blockbusters coming out in the future. Even FFXIII won't do too much even if its Final Fantasy.

gamefreakwill

Obviosuly you've never played MGS if you call it generic... And in my opinion Halo is an unispired game that has decent gameplay and a nice soundtrack. Throw in a catchy slogan, a number 3, and a 10 million dollar ad campaign, and there you have it, Halo 3. Halo has got nothing on MGS4.

si7ver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 si7ver

Please discuss topic with outreverting to SW.

-777-

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#50 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

gamefreakwill

LOL. Desperate. That is all. Why ARE you here? Are you trying to make us laugh? Congrats you accomplished your goal...unless you were serious...