DNS error 80710102?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for USMsilentsniper
USMsilentsniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 USMsilentsniper
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I removed my wallpapper and it signed on not shure if it will help anyone but goodluck
--Rob--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 --Rob--
Member since 2009 • 376 Posts
Power off your modem and then power it back on. That will fix it.dayday6
No it wont. PSN is currently down/having problems. Called tech support and there was a recording saying such.
mullak99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 mullak99
i had the same problem, i tried everything but to get it going just go on your laptop open internet and go to your router settings (Netgear is 192.168.0.1) Wireless Settings and change the channel to 11 then apply
ronlee67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ronlee67
First, thanks for all the good info. I tried literally all the fixes given so far and still could not get but a tiny trickle of data through from my PS3 to internet connected services like PS network, web browser or Netflix. Turns out there is one more thing to do if you have a modem AND a router in your home network. it seems that the dmz or UPN , and your port forwarding must be set up in the MODEM as well as the ROUTER. So if you have a MODEM plus a separate ROUTER in your network this may very well be the reason so many folks who followed all the previous advice still could not get their internet speed up to par.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I'm also getting this error, although I've had my PS3 for a year and a half now so this is definitely something new. I'm kind of guessing Sony's servers, not my router, are causing the problem.

Edit: Lol I didn't even realize this thread was started in '09.

rocheroche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 rocheroche
try the ff: 1. set internet connection manually 2. Primary DNS the same as the Default Router Nos. 3. Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0 3. UpN: disable
AACG110209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 AACG110209
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
like the sound of it but it doesnt work
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

Put you router in the DMZ, worked for me when I got this anyway. You could try port forwarding if you would prefer.

MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts

I've been getting that error for ages. Sometimes I can get on the net, sometimes I can't. Sometimes I'll be playing a game for 2 hours and all of a sudden a message comes up saying I'm online. I can't even sync my trophies. Every time I try to sync trophies it fails. Sony is really starting to piss me off.

CH3PO-52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 CH3PO-52
Ok So Like I have a PS3 and I could not get the WIFI Working so I bought the Wire for and well I am receiving DNS errors, and I have to Down Loads somethings like software but It wont let me So can anybody help me out!!!
Mikky13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Mikky13
i have tryed that many times but it does not work ???
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
Such an old thread. What is it with people today?
monkey312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 monkey312
Have tried all of this things, but it still not working. The ip address is great but when I come to internet connection it come up the DNS error (80710102). And the internet works on the pc, I pod and mobile. please help :) can't go away from ps3 network ! ;)
monkey312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 monkey312
[QUOTE="monkey312"]Have tried all of this things, but it still not working. The ip address is great but when I come to internet connection it come up the DNS error (80710102). And the internet works on the pc, I pod and mobile. please help :) can't go away from ps3 network ! ;)

and sorry my english :)
xxxSIKSxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 xxxSIKSxxx
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Here's another solution that worked for me: change your "MAC Filtering" setting. I have all of my computers/consoles specified by their MAC addresses to my router. So once I added my ps3's MAC address, it worked! I had this customized when I set up my dlink router, so it was blocking my new ps3 from connecting. There's also a "DMZ" setting on some routers, which allows you to specify an IP to connect "outside" of the router, which I also changed, so either of these could work. If you don't know how to "modify" your router's settings, you can look it up. Router brands use a default IP address for their routers, so just search the brand and model number with your preferred search engine. Or you can use the "run" or "command Prompt" (in windows) and type "ipconfig". This will show many IPs, but dont freak. Look for the "gateway" IP under the "Ethernet adapter" heading. Thats the IP to your router. Then type this into any browser as the web address and it should pull up your router settings page. Hope this helps!