DNS error 80710102?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

legandary_ACE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 legandary_ACE
Member since 2005 • 436 Posts

I just got a PS3 yesterday "WooooHOOO :D"

and i've been trying to connect it to the Internet but when ever i test the connection it will successfully get the IP address but it will fail in retrieving a connection and it keeps saying "DNS error 80710102"......i've try changing the Primary and secondary DNS to many things and it still doesn't work, i've tryed reseting the router and that didn't work.........do you guys have any ideas how i can get this to work?

-i have it on a wired connection to a linksys router-

dayday6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dayday6
Member since 2004 • 635 Posts
Power off your modem and then power it back on. That will fix it.
K-E316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 K-E316
Member since 2007 • 1651 Posts

Power off your modem and then power it back on. That will fix it.dayday6
What he said.

That happened to me 2 days ago and thats how I fixed it.

BushWacker69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 BushWacker69
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts
i had this for ages, if the power off then on doesn't work send a message to your internet provider asking for your isp values, especially the DNS. then make sure everything is set up to the right values. other than that i don't know mate
WalterPeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WalterPeck
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts
Also your router firmware may need upgrading, OR you might have UPnP turned on and media center connectivity turned on, both of which can cause that error (esp. if you don't have UPnP enabled on your router).
Scamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Scamuel
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I have the same problem, ive entered all the ip adresses, turned off UPnP just incase that might be affecting it, tried different DNS ip's and shut off my modem and turned it back on again. Still getting DNS error 80710102. I have a speedtouch modem. Also the status of my local area connection says "little or no connectivity"

Suggestions would be appreciated:). Thanks.

DeltaCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 DeltaCobra
Member since 2007 • 542 Posts

I have the same problem, ive entered all the ip adresses, turned off UPnP just incase that might be affecting it, tried different DNS ip's and shut off my modem and turned it back on again. Still getting DNS error 80710102. I have a speedtouch modem. Also the status of my local area connection says "little or no connectivity"

Suggestions would be appreciated:). Thanks.

Scamuel
Same, PS3 is mega unstable on the net for me.
MADDEN-07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MADDEN-07
Member since 2006 • 358 Posts
gently lick your router behind the ear then work your way downwards that should do the trick
russdmoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 russdmoore
Member since 2004 • 261 Posts
Go into the router status area, the place it shows your ISP information. Look at what is in there for the DNS IP addresses. Write them down. Go to the PS3 and manually enter those IP addresses but put the second IP first and the First one second. The PS3 will not fail over to the secondary IP address if the first one is dark. I did this in my buddies PS3 and worked like a charm. Give it a try.
truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts
Yea its your router. Get a motorola, or a "mines old as heck" router
Scamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Scamuel
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Go into the router status area, the place it shows your ISP information. Look at what is in there for the DNS IP addresses. Write them down. Go to the PS3 and manually enter those IP addresses but put the second IP first and the First one second. The PS3 will not fail over to the secondary IP address if the first one is dark. I did this in my buddies PS3 and worked like a charm. Give it a try.russdmoore

Swaped them round and still no go, should i just give up and get a new router.

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts

New router. Or just borrow some old one, from someone that does not know what it does lol. Or that has a new wireless, and a old wired one sitting around. And it will work fine.

And believe me, I had a heck of a time trying to come strait from the main box, and getting online. My provider would just not work with the PS3. Hooked a router "which they have their own IPs" and I was on like that. PS3 picked it right up.

Avatar image for resistancefra08
resistancefra08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 resistancefra08
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i have been getting this dns error recently when trying to go online on my ps3 .. it seems to not connect well with my router when it had done before.
the router works properly but when i search in ps3 i gets ip address but no internet connection when there is one therefore i cannot get online.
does anyone know how to fix this?
i have tried rebooting router and turnin them on and off .. ?
Avatar image for resistancefra08
resistancefra08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 resistancefra08
i have been getting this dns error recently when trying to go online on my ps3 .. it seems to not connect well with my router when it had done before.
the router works properly but when i search in ps3 i gets ip address but no internet connection when there is one therefore i cannot get online.
does anyone know how to fix this?
i have tried rebooting router and turnin them on and off .. ?
SBTL07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SBTL07
I have been doing this for a month now and i have entered all the IP and stuff and it never works and i turned the power off on my router like 5 times and it dosent work. i have no idea what 2 do. help
Ietam_Revan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Ietam_Revan
Member since 2006 • 4014 Posts
I have the same error , and a strange thing happens to me , when I make Test Connection only Obtaing Ip Idress and Internet Connection appears the rest does not ...:(
DarkStar4565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DarkStar4565
Member since 2007 • 293 Posts

I did the same thing and it worked

akabadboy5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 akabadboy5

HELP ME I HAVE TRIED TO CONNECT MY INTERNET ON PS3 FIRST IT DIDNT OBTAIN MY I.P SO I DID IT MANUALLY AND NOW THE INTERNET CONNECTION FAILED I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Triple_R25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Triple_R25
eh what if you tried all that and still doesn't work cause i did and still doesn't work and i only have one ip address not two unless just doesn't show?
danimal233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 danimal233
Member since 2008 • 547 Posts

gently lick your router behind the ear then work your way downwards that should do the trickMADDEN-07

I tried this...it didnt work though..

bryankei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bryankei
Member since 2006 • 222 Posts

Also your router firmware may need upgrading, OR you might have UPnP turned on and media center connectivity turned on, both of which can cause that error (esp. if you don't have UPnP enabled on your router).WalterPeck

Enabling UPnP on my router has virtually eliminated this probem.

yannis114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 yannis114
:cry:my thing ps3 says the saim thing it doesnt let me go on internet and i use wireless how do i fix this
Jericho9696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 Jericho9696
Member since 2008 • 191 Posts
What do you mean power off your modem? (what is it?)
mck92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mck92
Member since 2008 • 458 Posts

What do you mean power off your modem? (what is it?)Jericho9696

turn off your modem at the plug then turn it on again

sheka123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sheka123
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
HII IV HAD A PS3 FOR ABOUT 5 MOUNTHS AND I DID GET IT ONLINE BUT THEN IT WENT OF THEN I COULD NOT GET IT WORKIN AGAIN AND IT DOING MY HEAD IN I TRYED EVERTHING IS THERE ANY THING YO COULD DO TO HELP ME MY PS3 IN USED BUT A WIRLESS CONNECTION
balls_o_neal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 balls_o_neal
So I've had my PS3 for about a month now and the online gaming and everything has been working just fine until today. I got a new battery pack (a box that has multiple outlets to plug into) and now everything is messed up and I don't know why. I can't get on the internet without turning off my PS3 and I can't sign into my account for PS3. I also keep getting the DNS error 80710102. Can anyone give me advice?
Crossdoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Crossdoodle
I did that several days in a row and it worked but now it stopped. So I'm assuming i need to check the UPnP and my media center connectivity. I believe it's the media center that's doing me in.
ahpuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

#30 ahpuck
Member since 2005 • 3635 Posts

I have been having the same issue, i'm sick and tired of dealing with it, $400.00 machine that can't connect to the network. my Iphone, DSi, PC and laptop all connect with no trouble at all, my ps3 on the other hand. . i'm sick of it, just sick of it.

mfkgraufalke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mfkgraufalke
Member since 2004 • 47 Posts

Hmmm... Yes, a $400 machine that cannot connect to a very simple network. I too am disappointed.

My problem was apparently associated with the media center as when I disabled that connection, I was immediately able to update.

cj_simmons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 cj_simmons
Member since 2005 • 419 Posts

Have you looked to see if your network detects the ps3? if it dosn't then thats the problem and just set your network to allow the ps3

Kevin-k-1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kevin-k-1888
i dont know whats wrong with mine it worked well for ages but now when i try to connect it cant even find the ip adress it always has a private networks number and i dont know what to do its doin my **** in can some one help
MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
maybe the dhcp server on your router is turned off (if your ps3's ip address is manually configured this shouldn't be a problem, though) or the ip address configuration on either your router or ps3 has been changed (freak accident, router reset, etc)...
Kevin-k-1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kevin-k-1888
do u know how i can fix it
MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
did you try to test the connection on your ps3, if it's because of the ip, you might have to reconfigure either your ps3 according to your router or vice versa... you can always try to configure the network settings automatically on your ps3, i used to assign a specific ip address to my ps3 as well, but lately i have been using it with automatic settings (due to the fact that i have switched to cable from adsl and i didn't bother tor reconfigure it again) without any problems...
Kevin-k-1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Kevin-k-1888
when i try to configure it automatically it doesnt read at all so i gt an ip adress of th internet and it now finds th ip adress but not th internet connection
Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts
If you are trying wireless, try wired. reset the modem, and if that doesnt work. consider if your internet is working at all
Kevin-k-1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kevin-k-1888
how do i reset modem
gamer2862

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gamer2862
Can any one help mi with the dns error. im on a wireless connection and not been online for a few months now any got any suggestions
JACK_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JACK_2010
Hi, I've had my PS3 since PS3's came out (about 2 and a half years) and for 2 years and 4 months, the internet and PSN as worked FINE. The past month it has been playing up, mainly DNS Errors and also failing the Internet Connection test. Solutions I've Tried...... -Turning my Router Off then On, -Entering the DNS settings manually, -about 200 videos on YouTube, about 200 forum topics....... YET STILL NOT ONE WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME PLEASE :'( :'(
bastimaramba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bastimaramba

I know this is pretty old, But. Im changing my internet connection to a new one in December (one with a modem) Because My current connection is like connected to a friggin satellite ontop of my house... And It says DNS error when I connect it to the ps3. So, is there anyway? Because I would like to get a psn account. Anyways, thanks guys

elementguy11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 elementguy11

I have tried everything to get it working and ever time the ip adrress succedes and the internet fails. PLEASE HHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viktamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Viktamon
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
The solution is your mac address is being blocked u need to unblocked your mac address on your router call your service provider.Your ps3 has a specific mac address i figured it out by myself on 2wire att router...
Viktamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Viktamon
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
that should work if not then your firewall needs to be configured to let the ps3 by pass but what i said should work
MGS-Mercenary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MGS-Mercenary
Member since 2009 • 130 Posts

Here is an old post from a different issue, but doing all of what is says SHOULD fix the DNS error 80710102. Rule of thumb is, power off modem and router for a minute to two minutes, power modem back on, let it load up, and then power on router. Once they are both power-cycled, try PS3. This method works 50% of the time. See below for the far more annoying other 50% when it doesn't work...

Here is the post topic and my post:http://bit.ly/e8PVBV

And here is an actual copy of my post:

First things first, disable media server unless you absolutely need it, searching for an extra service slows the whole system down. Second of all, if you can narrow it down to a router issue, then your ps3 isn't receiving the download right. I would guess you are in one of two situations. 1. You have an OLD router that does not support UpNp or 2. That you have an older router (3-4 years) and it either doesn't have the latest firmware or has very poor UpNp control. For this reason, I suggest you find the appropriate firmware for you router online and apply it. Directions here. If that doesn't work, disable UpNp through the PS3 network settings and put your PS3 in the DMZ, which is 99.9% safe. Guide for that found here. Before you do that, perhaps configuring your network for speed and statically would work best. Here is a guide. Instead of using the two DNS servers the link I just listed tells you, go to this link, and run GRC's 100% harmless non-install DNS program on your computer. It is confirmed safe hereand you can confirm it here. Use the top two DNS's from the "Response Time" category, and maybe your router/patch issues will get better. I've had to do a lot of research to get my PS3's online working well, so I hope I can help you too!

By the way, just a quick explanation of what UpNp and the DMZ is. UpNp is a protocol found on most routers that opens ports (which are little network tunnels ranging from 1-65535 about) on the fly in your network if an application or programs needs to do so. Think of it like toll booths in a city that lets people in when they need to come in. The only problem with UpNp is that some applications have trouble communicating with it, or sometimes a whole set of applications, like that used by the PS3. For this reason, UpNp can be helpful, but not always. The DMZ, on the other hand, is a protocol for a certain IP address though a router (like your PS3's) that keeps all ports open at all times. If an application needs to use a port, it doesn't need to communicate with UpNp, it just goes right through. DMZ is 99.9% good on PS3s but 100% bad on PCs. Ports open up way for malicious network traffic, which on a PC, will bypass much of the firewall and infiltrate a computer. However, as long as the DMZ assigned IP address is that of the PS3 ONLY, the PS3 is the only device at risk, and the PS3 is not the target of network villains, so it is not much of a concern. With all of this being said, unless your router has the very newest UpNp software and firmware, the DMZ is usually the more preferable choice. Just make sure though, that either UpNp is on OR the DMZ, not both at the same time, they can cause conflicts with each-other.

Good Luck!

oldboy36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 oldboy36
Member since 2007 • 514 Posts

so my ps3 is straight to modem and I still get this error I'm not using dsl ii goes through sometime, internet failes error code. So contact sony as mostly Im seeing network and reuter errors. But thatas not this issue nor is conectio or cable 360 works fine. I recall something like this and I change or entered POPPE stuff and dns info and it worked but now service say it doesnt exist or wont give me the info. So I'm out of ideas as TWC has shut down giving me any info 5 times to get login and password and a IP adress. I'm done I thnk. Any hlep would be nice. I'll check tommorow

oldboy36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 oldboy36
Member since 2007 • 514 Posts

Solved thanks anyway. It was the stupid media think that unwittinly got turned on.

mongoose90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mongoose90
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts

having the same problem over my new homeplug adapters. I hook my laptop into the homeplug and am online in about ten seconds. PS3? Forget it. **** I even put the PS3 in DMZ, specify verious DNS servers (the default, the router, Google's) and still dnserrordnserrordnserror. I forgot to disable the media server, so that may have fixed it, but I happen to have more than this goddamn ps3 on my network so a DMZ is not going to work for me. Anyway, I guess I'll just wait for the PS4 when they figure out how to work with simple ethernet networks (my wifi works, well, more or less, but at least it doesn't get dns errors).