Did we buy a losing console?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NitRaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 NitRaTe
Member since 2003 • 453 Posts
nah, the PS3 has better hardware than the Xbox and Xbox 360 combined.
BIGBUZZ55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 BIGBUZZ55
Member since 2004 • 1378 Posts
screw all the hate, im moving on from this thread to j'n o
psyball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#104 psyball
Member since 2003 • 752 Posts

love what ya got

BIGBUZZ55
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Yes we all did buy a console that will likely end up in 3rd place this gen, and? So what guess what being in 3rd place it still gets games like prototype, RE5, FFXIII, Borderlands, Fallout3, Street Fighter 4, Soul Calibur 4, God of War 3 and so on. Why you people care what place the console comes in, or what games can be found on other consoles. You should just enjoy the games that we are getting, because maybe its just me but that sounds like a pretty good line up for a 3rd place finisher. Also even if they come in 3rd, its not like its the end of Sony, they will be back next gen to do it all over again. So please relax.
Elitheos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Elitheos
Member since 2003 • 111 Posts

imo the ps3 is well on its way of becoming the next "dreamcast" its over boys. And little big planet? haha grow some balls.

Travis350z28

How about 2 big balls named Killzone 2 and Resistance 2?

PS3 becoming Dreamcast? If you mean one of the most advanced and revered system of its time then yes. If you mean a commercial failure then your way off, but if it was then what would that make the 360 who is getting beat by the PS3 in Europe and Japan? 3DO I guess.

psyball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 psyball

imo the ps3 is well on its way of becoming the next "dreamcast" its over boys. And little big planet? haha grow some balls.

Travis350z28

The ps3 has far surpassed sales of the 360 in japan, so im not really doughting the ps4 being made if that is what you are insinuating.:?

Also while im on the topic, "grow some balls"? Why dont you grow up fratboy loser. Like gaming is all about blood and explosions, people who would argue otherwise are culturally polluting ****heads.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#108 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

Travis350z28

I wouldn't take it that far. Sony still has it's franchises its just that alot of them are not exclusive this generation.

BIGBUZZ55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 BIGBUZZ55

who cares about Europe and Japan?Travis350z28

no one since ww2?

...just tryin to lighten the mood in this dark dark forum...

ashunpnoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ashunpnoy
Member since 2003 • 371 Posts

Apparently every gaming company out there... dont forget Australia

Microsoft just needs something that will boost their sales in japan, and FFXIII could just be that. but they will most likely buy it for the ps3

Elitheos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Elitheos

I figured you'd say something stupid like that.

Microsoft just needs something that will boost their sales in japan, and FFXIII could just be that. but they will most likely buy it for the ps3ashunpnoy

If an exclusive completely catered to Japanese cultural conscienceness in an effort to build market share like Blue Dragon didn't pull it off, a multiplatform game won't do it.

psyball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 psyball

Oh theres a clevar rubbutle, what are you like 12? You suggested the ps3 might become the next dream cast, the dreamcast sold very little units EVERYWERE, are you starting to to see the corralation here?

THEhockeyGAMER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 THEhockeyGAMER
Member since 2006 • 184 Posts

agreed

BIGBUZZ55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 BIGBUZZ55
well it is pushing 2 am in the deep south now isnt it mr travis...
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#117 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
[QUOTE="420Token420"]

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]It seems that way. If Sony does not deliver tomorrow, I will think about selling my ps3.thelastguy

:lol: You win for dumbest post today ..

There is nothing for me to really look forward too this year. So what is the point of keeping the console?

talk about sensitive. wasn't FF13 still for ps3? and weren't all those other 360 exclusives shown today still 360 exclusives yesterday. It's depressing to see people folding like lawn chairs, you should be ashamed, among all of the other doubters, becasue now you know for sure that you are all bandwagon riders. I know that's extreme and doesn't apply to all, but it's still sad that many are. They would drop everything if something doesn't go their way. sigh... spolided children.

Oh and wasn't ff13 due somewhere late '09. what exactly were you looking for this year... never mind, i can care less

I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#118 I_pWnzz_YoU
Member since 2007 • 6032 Posts
Boy, do I hate Microsoft
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
[QUOTE="Travis350z28"]

-Renegade

I wouldn't take it that far. Sony still has it's franchises its just that alot of them are not exclusive this generation.

lol, dreamcast. becasue of ff13? wow, what a narrow-minded obserbvation. and don't know what growing balls (which is slang for acting bolder/braver) have to do with LBP, so that part phails.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#120 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
Looks like it...And Sony seemed to have done it on purpose really.
swimmerlake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 swimmerlake
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Boy, do I hate MicrosoftI_pWnzz_YoU

Amen...
though I completely rely on them for my non-gaming needs. LOL

OrangeSwift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 OrangeSwift
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Travis350z28

Dreamcast had good exclusives back then, lol. Playstation is very far from that, unfortunately.

Well FFXIII is still coming for PS3. The problem is many people were delaying their acquisition until FFXIII (just like some waited for MGS4). Those people aren't buying PS3 now. It will not hurt the fans, it will hurt the company.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Symphonycometh

[QUOTE="I_pWnzz_YoU"]Boy, do I hate Microsoftswimmerlake

Amen...
though I completely rely on them for my non-gaming needs. LOL

Amen!
slickchris7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 slickchris7777
Member since 2005 • 1610 Posts
If they don't announce a ff7 remake tomorrow, I'm out. 2 years and only 1 game to show for it is a damn shame, when you look at their competitors. If Sony isn't hiding something big for e3, then maybe such a stupid company doesn't deserve existence.
khaled7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 khaled7
Member since 2006 • 880 Posts
the ps3 is more likely to finish last , we have to at least admit that
Homer39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Homer39
Member since 2007 • 185 Posts

[QUOTE="Travis350z28"]who cares about Europe and Japan?Elitheos

Microsoft just needs something that will boost their sales in japan, and FFXIII could just be that. but they will most likely buy it for the ps3ashunpnoy

If an exclusive completely catered to Japanese cultural conscienceness in an effort to build market share like Blue Dragon didn't pull it off, a multiplatform game won't do it.

thats what i have been saying all day. besides 360 owners like watching things blow up, they wont care about an RPG.

Avatar image for Simulator_Shock
Simulator_Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -5

#127 Simulator_Shock
Member since 2006 • 1704 Posts

[QUOTE="Travis350z28"]who cares about Europe and Japan?Elitheos

Um I dont think Final Fantasy 13 is multiplatform in Japan...There only making it multiplatform in NA and Europe. Your logic fails.

Ironhorse001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Ironhorse001
Member since 2002 • 648 Posts

It seems that way. If Sony does not deliver tomorrow, I will think about selling my ps3.thelastguy

Bye. Don't let the door hit you on the ___ on the way out. Don't come back six months late crying about how much you regret selling you PS3 :lol:

360luver4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 360luver4ever
Member since 2006 • 34 Posts
the thing is that MS got a year head start I had a 360 when they first came out and about a year and a half to get good games to come and started with gears but it does seem that they taking exclusives and dropping hit after hit all I know is that MS tries nickel&dime me no wifi pay to pay and so on. Sony has to come strong tomorrow GOD3 TM4 GT5 and the thing is all gamers should be able to fun.
blastokid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 blastokid
Member since 2003 • 139 Posts

You guys are a bunch of idiots.

So what if it finished last, the world isn't going to end, but I am almost certain it will not. The real losing console is the xbox 360, they have lost over 12 billion dollars on it, they lost 4B on xbox1. Xbox 360 are trying despretly to get as much user base as possible, but they failed many times, like Hd-Dvd and the recent updates with some cheap tricks, FF may have come to the 360, but it is exclusive to the Ps3 in Japan, so really... they wasted alot of money on pretty much nothing, 360 isn't lacking in US, but it's definatly lacking (doing just terrible) in ***.

Ps3 has many years to come with great supporters, 3rd party and 1st. Espcially since they are a hardware brand, they are well aware for the changes in hardware or needs in the future, they are ready for anything. I wouldn't call any console "losing"... they "lose" when they admit it and partner up or just shut down the plataform. No one really loses, GC "lost" last generation, it didn't stop Nintendo for releaseing Zelda in it's last years. So really when anyone says "last" or "losing", Sony isn't one, and it won't be one.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

I dont understand why would anyone try to sell their ps3, it really doesnt get to me, just because of ff13, maybe :?

think of it this way though we getting 360 games as well, so we really havent lose anything, bioshock is coming in sept, rumor has it that gears of war , mass effect, & dead rising 3 is also coming to the ps3,. so we probably get most 360 games as well, i know its a rumor but still a good chance though.

and theres great titles for the ps3 exclusively that is released or is coming out ; such as resistance 2, god of war 3, mgs4, uncharted, heavenly sword, mlb 08 the show, hot shots golf out of bounds, ratchet & clank tod.

lol its very great for games, and not just that, being able to play music, & videos, & watch blu ray movies on high def, i dont underrstand why anyone would try to sell their system, :?, doesnt seem like a real smart move,imo.

Sykosis86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Sykosis86
Member since 2005 • 116 Posts

You guys are giving up too easily. Was FFXIII really the be-all-end-all for you? Sony is doing all they can with there rising software sales and the sucess of MGS4 but the minute FFXIII goes multi-platform there done for?

C'mon guys, this is rediculous. Final Fantasy is a great series but there is more to RPG's than that (and more to video games for that matter). I own a 360 as well but I never favored it more than my PS3, not ever and this hasn't changed my mind. There are other games to be made, other exclusives to be had. Have more faith in Sony, don't count them out just because they couldn't hold on to one exclusive. Besides, it's not like you won't be able to play it. Remeber, the only reason the PS2 dominated over the original Xbox was because of software sales even though the grafix were inferior. If you want more exclusives, buy games for the system you support that's the only way major developers like Square Enix will know what system sells games.

blastokid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 blastokid
A new Rachet and Clank will be announced... I'm alomost 100% certain
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 realistic44

We really didnt even lose anything to be honest, its more like a trade in

we getting bioshock in sept, and theyre getting ff13 - unknown release date

but Ill tell you what even though i think ff13 is a great game, its going to have to do alot more than one game for me to even think about selling the ps3.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#135 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
GTA series were on the Xbox1 too. and ResidentEvils on the GameCube only - who said they made for PS3 exclusively.... the developer can make games for any systems they want. no control over it.
PS_Family

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 PS_Family
Member since 2008 • 590 Posts

People need to calm down. That's exactly what MS wants by buying Sony's leftovers from past generations, to create fear and uncertainty between current and future PS owners.

Sony has an army of developers and games like Jean D' Arc and Wild Arms will start popping. It just takes a lot of time to develop for current generation consoles.

blastokid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 blastokid
What's with all this crap? does this happen every year? You guys need to relax. Just because a game became NON exclusive you guys go and s*** your pants. Please grow up, this game is all about money, they could care less about what you think.
Travis350z28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Travis350z28
Member since 2008 • 221 Posts
Ps3 lost its money maker However mabie Home will make up for it :lol: Break on through to the other side
CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
Did we buy a losing console? Nope, but some losers sure bought the PS3... :roll:
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Symphonycometh
What's with all this crap? does this happen every year? You guys need to relax. Just because a game became NON exclusive you guys go and s*** your pants. Please grow up, this game is all about money, they could care less about what you think.blastokid
Coming from the guy that called some people idiots. Does it really bother you so?
01keegan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#141 01keegan
Member since 2005 • 139 Posts
no..PS3 is #1......
Elitheos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Elitheos

Did we buy a losing console? Nope, but some losers sure bought the PS3... :roll:CellAnimation

Sums this whole situation up perfectly.

theiceman08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 theiceman08
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts
if you are too retarted to realize what an amazing console you have please go ahead and sell it.
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 realistic44

[QUOTE="CellAnimation"]Did we buy a losing console? Nope, but some losers sure bought the PS3... :roll:Elitheos

Sums this whole situation up perfectly.

Yup thats great i always wanted to be one :D :P

zeus45673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 zeus45673
Member since 2007 • 221 Posts

yes u did buy the losing console :)

but that's only my opinion

Travis350z28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Travis350z28
Member since 2008 • 221 Posts
Im just kidding when i say things like the ps3 is a pos im not even a hardcore gamer i could care less who wins:lol: all i know is the xbox and the wii cost less and ofcorse there going to out sell the ps3 thats logic.
blastokid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 blastokid

Im just kidding when i say things like the ps3 is a pos im not even a hardcore gamer i could care less who wins:lol: all i know is the xbox and the wii cost less and ofcorse there going to out sell the ps3 thats logic.Travis350z28

WOW, that is sad logic... have we all forgotten about the ps2?

godofwar2610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 godofwar2610
Member since 2008 • 577 Posts

Hi all this is my first post so im sorry if i do something stupid:D. The way i see it is gamers need to stop caring about exclusivity and worry about buying games, i couldnt care less if final fantasy came for the xbox 360, but what i do care about is if we get the same multiplatform games as 360 and pc (such as Bioshock). Im new to these forums and I don't want to post in system wars just yet so ill come here for news on games and other people's opinions.

As for buying a losing console, i think ps3 is going fine, the sales are growing higher and are about as good as Ps2 in its first year and a half. One other big point is that Sony has the most first and secondary developers out of nintendo and microsoft and they have an amazing lineup this year, otherwise we are still getting the final fantasy games (but im only looking forward to versus since its made by the kingdom hearts developers), resident evil and god of war 3 which will hopefully premiere tomorrow.

Anyways thanks for reading my post, i know it was a long one:) and im happy to be part of the community ;).

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#149 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Losing to the Wii? Sure...but unless you like Scifi shooters or generic JRPG spam, then you bought the better console vs the 360. Seriously, I understand the disappointment. Basically, Sony just lost a console seller, and the more despirate by the week 360 just got a much needed big title for the future. Still to see people say stuff like "PS3 is losing" or "360 is dominating" is just a joke. Lets look at it from 360's point of view...they also have a lot of hits that went multiplat for the PS3: Bioshock, Lost Planet, R6V, R6V2, GRAW2. The point is, right now, 3rd party devs are pretty much guaranteed to go multiplat. Unless its a Microsoft or Sony owned game, bank on it. That still leaves the PS3 with a lot of firepower. We all know the current game lineup. But seriously, take a look at what is still in line for within the next year: Socom Confrontation White Knight Story Killzone 2 Resistance 2 Motorstorm 2 Little Big Planet Gran Turismo 5 Disgaea 3 Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Wipeout HD Valkyria Chronicles Ferrari Challenge Trafeo Infamous Plus Home... Plus FFXIII Versus, Socom 4, God of War 3 should all be out in 2009. Substantial rumors of an Uncharted 2, Jak and Daxter, and another Ratchet game. Add to this the fact that you WILL get to play Last Remnant, FFXIII, COD5, Soul Caliber IV, Tomb Raider, Ghost Busters, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Resident Evil 5...dude... I mean, TAKE A SERIOUS LOOK AT THAT!!! lol Does that SERIOUSLY look like a lineup to cry over? Throw in the towel? Ok...maybe if you dont own a PS3 already LOL
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#150 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
OHH!! Forgot to add the "dominating" 360 lineup: Gears of War 2 Forza 3 Fable 2 Star Ocean 4 Mass Effect 2 FFXIII...wait thats still multiplat...um...um... Halo 4 Gears of War 3 Forza 4 Fable3 Star O...wait thats probably gonna be multiplat by now... Mass Effect 3...um... Halo5...LOL