Did we buy a losing console?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
I'm a loyal PS fan, but after that knife SE put in my back...what do you think Sony will do tomorrow. I hope they show footage from the new "real"socom 4. 2 years later and no socom. I really don't care that GTA and Resident Evil are going to the 360 but SE..wow. I'm starting to get a little worried that the PS3 is going to bust some serious moves lol. counting that everything on the ps3 takes years to come out. I mean after watching the Microsoft conference...my jaw dropped..i knew it was going to happen since there was a "Big" SE rumor. Using their money to buy out all 3rd party publishers . truth guys, I bought the PS3 for Socom, FF games, and MGS games...
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
It seems that way. If Sony does not deliver tomorrow, I will think about selling my ps3.
jb61973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jb61973
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts

It seems that way. If Sony does not deliver tomorrow, I will think about selling my ps3.thelastguy

WHy would you sell it?

Minder22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Minder22
Member since 2004 • 487 Posts
I as well think I might be selling mine if tommorow doesnt go well. Very dissapointed with Sony.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thelastguy

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]It seems that way. If Sony does not deliver tomorrow, I will think about selling my ps3.jb61973

WHy would you sell it?

Because there would be no reason to keep it.

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

It seems that way. If Sony does not deliver tomorrow, I will think about selling my ps3.thelastguy

:lol: You win for dumbest post today ..

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thelastguy

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]It seems that way. If Sony does not deliver tomorrow, I will think about selling my ps3.420Token420

There is nothing for me to really look forward too this year. So what is the point of keeping the console?

Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gamersince81
Member since 2007 • 1787 Posts
Gamers never sell consoles unless they are about to be put out on the street. I dont care what console you have.. YOU KEEP IT AND PLAY VIDEOGAMES ON IT!! But then again, we are not all gamers on this forum are we? Have a nice day haha!!
THEhockeyGAMER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 THEhockeyGAMER
Member since 2006 • 184 Posts

I as well think I might be selling mine if tommorow doesnt go well. Very dissapointed with Sony.Minder22

Dam, I hate to admit it, but I'm feeling that too. Im and PS3 owner but both my brothers own 360s. What happened to "2008:The year of Sony". I got my PS3 for christmas for in particular that reason. Im so fed up wit sony. Every game I wanted(besides MGS4) got delayed and every other game is going over to the 360. And then I gota look at all the great exclusives the 360 still got. I really hope that sony's cnference is that good tommorow or Ill be switching sides mighty fast.

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 420Token420
[QUOTE="420Token420"]

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]It seems that way. If Sony does not deliver tomorrow, I will think about selling my ps3.thelastguy

There is nothing for me to really look forward too this year. So what is the point of keeping the console?

To play video games .. wow .. I know .. how logical ..

Steve_ps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Steve_ps
Member since 2008 • 255 Posts

Yes, because it's Sony's fault that they aren't c***s that you always complain about throwing their cash around... OMG ITS NOT AN EXCLUSIVE i can still play it on the PS3 but i think i will sell it for another consol..... hopefully the correct tone was achieved in that post :roll:

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
"Gears of War no longer exclusive!" LOL no way.....
THEhockeyGAMER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 THEhockeyGAMER
[QUOTE="420Token420"]

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]It seems that way. If Sony does not deliver tomorrow, I will think about selling my ps3.thelastguy

Idn why everyone cant at least admit like this guy did that you are dissapointed with Sony and there service at this point. There losing everything I bought this system for.

T-Mac327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 T-Mac327
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts
I don't see how it's a losing console. People need to stop making ever silly thing into a major struggle. I have all three systems and i don't consider any of them losers.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thelastguy
[QUOTE="thelastguy"][QUOTE="420Token420"]

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]It seems that way. If Sony does not deliver tomorrow, I will think about selling my ps3.420Token420

To play video games .. wow .. I know .. how logical ..

It is the delays too. Killzone 2 was unveiled at E3 2005 and when is it coming out, 4 years after it was annouced. Home looks like it will never be released. The trophy system and the in game music are as of right know, almost completely useless. Where is my incentive to keep the system?

magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 magicquebec
Member since 2006 • 1306 Posts

No reason to keep you PS3?

I'll give you some...

- It's way better looking

- Best controller ever

- FREE online

- Blu-Ray discs

- Compatible with a Portable gaming console (PSP)

- The PS3 Exclusives (which aren't going to PC like the 360 exclusive)

- Best console for your 1080p HDTV (don't have to spend $500.00 for an Elite 360)

I like my PS3, i think 360 is a very good console also, i don't hate 360 user i think it's very childish of doing so, we're all gamers let's get along, i just don't like the 360 controller, can't like the gameplay with a controller you dislike.

I know there's a bunch of people going crazy over the FF13 news, but wait tommorrow, i'm sure the PS3 version is going to get all the exclisive stuff.

ashunpnoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ashunpnoy
Member since 2003 • 371 Posts
If your really worried about FFXII being on the 360, theres still Versus
SonyIsh6Fotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SonyIsh6Fotta
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts

U kids r so dumb, fallin into the hype, Sony hasn't even had there conference yet, n your ready to jump ship, did u read it? it's still on PS3 too smart guy.

otgwtgig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 otgwtgig
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I dont think we did I justthink that we were stabbedi n the back by se but we dunno what could happen tomorrow with sony so lets all jsut wait but I have a sorrowful feeling that we will all be taking the jump to 360 and with the new wii plus perpheral some might even hop their bodys into the wii pool if you havent already :-( very very sad
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#20 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
[QUOTE="jb61973"]

WHy would you sell it?

That would be throwing money away. I never sold any of my systems, but I might plan on telling wifey to get me a ms system for the holidays.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

If your really worried about FFXII being on the 360, theres still Versusashunpnoy

Don't count on that being exclusive. In fact I can tell you that I'm 100% sure it is not.

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#22 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts

Gamers never sell consoles unless they are about to be put out on the street. I dont care what console you have.. YOU KEEP IT AND PLAY VIDEOGAMES ON IT!! But then again, we are not all gamers on this forum are we? Have a nice day haha!!Gamersince81

Agreed. What the hell does it matter? If you think the PS3 is a better machine, (I do with a couple of glaring weakness that can be easily fixed) what does it matter. I have both, my 360 gathers dust unless my son decides to play Halo.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thelastguy

I'll give you some...

- It's way better looking Yeah i agree with you on that

- Best controller ever The controller is awesome

- FREE online Free Online =/= Superior Service

- Blu-Ray discs Has not been worth it so far.

- Compatible with a Portable gaming console (PSP) Yeah but you can't do much with it.

- The PS3 Exclusives (which aren't going to PC like the 360 exclusive) They seem to be disappearing

- Best console for your 1080p HDTV (don't have to spend $500.00 for an Elite 360) You can get a 20 GB Xbox 360 for $299 with HDMI

I like my PS3, i think 360 is a very good console also, i don't hate 360 user i think it's very childish of doing so, we're all gamers let's get along, i just don't like the 360 controller, can't like the gameplay with a controller you dislike.

I know there's a bunch of people going crazy over the FF13 news, but wait tommorrow, i'm sure the PS3 version is going to get all the exclisive stuff.

magicquebec
THEhockeyGAMER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 THEhockeyGAMER

wasn't Home supposed to be out like years ago?

lol@ sonys laziness

Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gamersince81
Member since 2007 • 1787 Posts

U kids r so dumb, fallin into the hype, Sony hasn't even had there conference yet, n your ready to jump ship, did u read it? it's still on PS3 too smart guy.

SonyIsh6Fotta

I concur, its to easy making these kids look stupid, thanks. They will jump off a bridge at the first sign of mild adversity lol.

Yng-ePIc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Yng-ePIc
Member since 2005 • 804 Posts

I don't think I purchased a losing console. FF13 is still coming out on the PS3, and great exclusives are still on the way. What are the major exclusives on the other consoles that make them so much better than the PS3?

I was shocked, and a little pissed about FF13 making its way to the 360, but its not the end of the PS3. Microsoft's conference wasn't all that good to me. Fallout 3 and Resident Evil 5 are multiplatform, Gears of War 2 was the only thing that had me excited (I'm a 360 owner also).

I think Sony's conference will be solid, I was in the Xbox forum while E3 was going on and people were bashing what Microsoft had to offer before the FF13 surprise. Don't count Sony out yet, they still have more to come.

ashunpnoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ashunpnoy
Member since 2003 • 371 Posts

SonyIsh6Fotta

I agree... people should wait for Sony's conference before crying over 1 (one) game. I have a feeling they will have something big.

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 420Token420

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]It seems that way. If Sony does not deliver tomorrow, I will think about selling my ps3.THEhockeyGAMER

Idn why everyone cant at least admit like this guy did that you are dissapointed with Sony and there service at this point. There losing everything I bought this system for.

Since I've been doing it all night .. it's They're .. not There ..

Admit what? I didn't buy the PS3 for one game, two games, five games, hell even fifty games .. I bought the PS3 because I enjoy gaming, and have always like the Playstation .. some prefer Xbox, I prefer PS3 .. shoot me if you feel I'm wrong for thinking that.

There are only a few exclusives for each system that are even good .. everyone plays up Gears likes it was the second coming .. So many games are better than it .. deal with it folks, grow up and be adults for once in your lives.

If you bought the PS3 for one game, two games, even three games you my friends are what is ruining gaming as we know it .. Sony didn't hold a gun to your head to purchase their system .. you made that decision, now you have to live with it .. but **** and moaning like little school girls isn't going to help ..

Enjoy gaming for what it is .. harmless fun with yourself and friends, regardless of what 'Console' you play on ..

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thelastguy
[QUOTE="thelastguy"][QUOTE="jb61973"]

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]It seems that way. If Sony does not deliver tomorrow, I will think about selling my ps3.MusashiSensi

WHy would you sell it?

That would be throwing money away. I never sold any of my systems, but I might plan on telling wifey to get me a ms system for the holidays.

I would use the money toward getting another system.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thelastguy
[QUOTE="THEhockeyGAMER"][QUOTE="thelastguy"][QUOTE="420Token420"]

Admit what? I didn't buy the PS3 for one game, two games, five games, hell even fifty games .. I bought the PS3 because I enjoy gaming, and have always like the Playstation .. some prefer Xbox, I prefer PS3 .. shoot me if you feel I'm wrong for thinking that.

There are only a few exclusives for each system that are even good .. everyone plays up Gears likes it was the second coming .. So many games are better than it .. deal with it folks, grow up and be adults for once in your lives.

If you bought the PS3 for one game, two games, even three games you my friends are what is ruining gaming as we know it .. Sony didn't hold a gun to your head to purchase their system .. you made that decision, now you have to live with it .. but **** and moaning like little school girls isn't going to help ..

Enjoy gaming for what it is .. harmless fun with yourself and friends, regardless of what 'Console' you play on ..

You can sum up the PS3's lifespan so far with one word. Delayed.

THEhockeyGAMER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 THEhockeyGAMER
[QUOTE="420Token420"][QUOTE="THEhockeyGAMER"][QUOTE="thelastguy"][QUOTE="420Token420"]

hahaha agreed

magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 magicquebec
[QUOTE="magicquebec"]

I'll give you some...

- It's way better looking Yeah i agree with you on that =)

- Best controller ever The controller is awesome=)

- FREE online Free Online =/= Superior ServiceWell i already pay a lot for my internet (it's 60$ in Quebec) i'm never going to pay extra for a gaming device, not even 5$

- Blu-Ray discs Has not been worth it so far. !!! WOW well i already own at least 40 Blu-Ray movies and i love them, i'm getting rid of all my DVD collection by replacing them with Blu-Ray discs, for me, Blu-ray is what made me buy the PS3

- Compatible with a Portable gaming console (PSP) Yeah but you can't do much with it.True, but i love the fact that you can get PSone game for your PS3, and transfer them to your PSP, sure there's not a lot so far, let's wait and see.

- The PS3 Exclusives (which aren't going to PC like the 360 exclusive) They seem to be disappearing, Darth Vader for SCIV is enough for me :) But you're right in a way, at least i can get Gears of War on my PC :)

- Best console for your 1080p HDTV (don't have to spend $500.00 for an Elite 360) You can get a 20 GB Xbox 360 for $299 with HDMI Didn't know that, i thought the only one was the Elite. Good to know

thelastguy

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 420Token420
[QUOTE="420Token420"][QUOTE="THEhockeyGAMER"][QUOTE="thelastguy"][QUOTE="420Token420"]

:lol: Don't you have other things to do .. or always in your house playing video games? Video games must be your life to care about a couple delays ..

killzones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 killzones
Member since 2004 • 1738 Posts

I personally dont care for Final Fantasy games. I own both 360 and PS3. And I am looking forward to more PS3 exclusives this year ( Resistance 2, Socom Confrontation, Little Big Planet and MotorStorm), the only exclusive 360 game i am looking forward to this year is Gears of War 2.

Go ahead and sell your PS3 and miss out on the above PS3 exclusives and other future games like God of War 3, Killzone2, Infamous and many more.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 thelastguy

:lol: Don't you have other things to do .. or always in your house playing video games? Video games must be your life to care about a couple delays ..

420Token420

Nah I do other things too. I do not think we should be arguing. Maybe I was being a little harsh when I said I was going to sell me ps3. Things are just getting frustrating.

jmig556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jmig556
Member since 2003 • 110 Posts
im with everyone else, im pretty disappointed, had i known all the good jrpgs would come out for 360 i would have bought one instead of my ps3, because lets face it, there are better exclusives on that console. oh well, i still have a blueray player that i played mgs4 on.
magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 magicquebec

I think Microsoft and Sony fanboys should stop **** each other and concentrate on the real deal, Nintendo. It's a treat to all real gamers, dev will stop making huge amazing games for cheap laser pointing thingy for casual gamers and grandma instead.

HD gamers let's instead unite and kill the motion sensing games :) Button mashing FTW

Kougaiji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Kougaiji
Member since 2004 • 285 Posts
Man why the **** do you all care so much about FFXIII. It's some damn rpg that's still going to be out for the PS3. There are a lot of great games coming out anyways. Stop crying over it, especially if you're an RPG only gamer. It's not like they cancelled the game for the pstriple.
420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 420Token420
[QUOTE="420Token420"]

thelastguy

Nah I do other things too. I do not think we should be arguing. Maybe I was being a little harsh when I said I was going to sell me ps3. Things are just getting frustrating.

True man .. :) .. But think about it, we are still getting the game, and does it really matter if more people get to enjoy this amazing game .. I don't think so .. but that's just me ..

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
well whatever happens imma stick with sony till the end, ive been a fan since ps1(still have it, and good as new might i add) IM NOT A SELLOUT!
killzones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 killzones
Member since 2004 • 1738 Posts

Man why the **** do you all care so much about FFXIII. It's some damn rpg that's still going to be out for the PS3. There are a lot of great games coming out anyways. Stop crying over it, especially if you're an RPG only gamer. It's not like they cancelled the game for the pstriple.Kougaiji

I know what you mean. I personally dont care for Final Fantasy or Japanese RPGs but some people are crazy for them and they feel betrayed eventhough its still coming to PS3.

T-Mac327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 T-Mac327
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts

420Token420

I agree with this guy. I enjoy my PS3. I've think the Blu-ray player is really good. I have tons of games I like to play. Why should we have to admit we don't likeit, or a disapointed. It would be a lie if we did.

singhjeet329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 singhjeet329
Member since 2004 • 85 Posts

wow ... your going to sell your used console ... because games that were announced for it, are still coming out for it, plus going to other consoles. So in essence your going to lose money (sell used ps3, buy 360), just so you can buy games on another console, even though the games are coming out for the console you already owned. Some of you are so amazingly illogical.

(I'm not trying to downplay the 360 conference, they probably delivered the biggest surprise of this e3, and good for them for doing that (i really didnt see that coming, GJ MS), i really dont see ps3 topping that with anything and i'm not interested in another gym item from nintendo.) But Did anybody notice that no new exclusives were mentioned for the 360. I mean I already knew about GeoW2, Fable2 + the SE ones. And i don't consider arcade game exclusivity and all that other garbage to be anything special, i mean all consoles have them, its not a big deal if 360 has geometry wars and ps3 has stardust ... it makes no difference, i'm talkign about real games.

And I was just surprised about that. I mean GeoW2 and Fable2 look like a lot fun as do the SE ones, kinda dissapointed about them not coming to ps3. But no NEW games, was a dissapointment for me. I hope PS3 shows off some new things tommorow, like GoW3 or a new Jak game, plus other stuff. I don't expect them to have anything huge like FFXIII (going multiplat) but if they show off enough new games plus a couple of small surprises, in my opinion, minus the FF announcement, they'll have beaten the MS conference.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 thelastguy

420Token420

True man .. :) .. But think about it, we are still getting the game, and does it really matter if more people get to enjoy this amazing game .. I don't think so .. but that's just me ..

Yeah as long as we get the game that is all that matters I guess.

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 420Token420
[QUOTE="420Token420"][QUOTE="thelastguy"][QUOTE="420Token420"]

thelastguy

Yeah as long as we get the game that is all that matters I guess.

It should be man ..

Avatar image for thetruthandfact
thetruthandfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 thetruthandfact
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

well, already i can see that sony can do nothing to win tomorrow. i just bought a ps3 for three games mgs4 gran turismo and final fantasy. its the more powerful system but every game that is 3rd party ps3 gets the crappy end of the stick. i now think to myself wow crap now i have to spend more money to buy another system.... xbox360 or not.... but man xbox is dominating...

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts
When I saw the announcement I was in the same state of mind but no, we act as if the game pulled a star ocean on us. It's multi-plat but we still have it and still can play it. Who knows, if it sells pretty bad on 360 maybe Square wouldnn't try to pull a move like this again. This is all speculation, and we have yet to see the other conferences. So for all the people that want to sell, at least wait to see the conference.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 thelastguy

wow ... your going to sell your used console ... because games that were announced for it, are still coming out for it, plus going to other consoles. So in essence your going to lose money (sell used ps3, buy 360), just so you can buy games on another console, even though the games are coming out for the console you already owned. Some of you are so amazingly illogical.

(I'm not trying to downplay the 360 conference, they probably delivered the biggest surprise of this e3, and good for them for doing that (i really didnt see that coming, GJ MS), i really dont see ps3 topping that with anything and i'm not interested in another gym item from nintendo.) But Did anybody notice that no new exclusives were mentioned for the 360. I mean I already knew about GeoW2, Fable2 + the SE ones. And i don't consider arcade game exclusivity and all that other garbage to be anything special, i mean all consoles have them, its not a big deal if 360 has geometry wars and ps3 has stardust ... it makes no difference, i'm talkign about real games.

And I was just surprised about that. I mean GeoW2 and Fable2 look like a lot fun as do the SE ones, kinda dissapointed about them not coming to ps3. But no NEW games, was a dissapointment for me. I hope PS3 shows off some new things tommorow, like GoW3 or a new Jak game, plus other stuff. I don't expect them to have anything huge like FFXIII (going multiplat) but if they show off enough new games plus a couple of small surprises, in my opinion, minus the FF announcement, they'll have beaten the MS conference.

singhjeet329

Do you know when Killzone 2 was announced? It has been delayed 3 times. Don't you think that would be a little frustrating? I have 10 games and 3 controllers so that would more than cover the cost of another console. I must admit, without ffxiii MS conference would have been lackluster. I hope Sony does not just show us games we have seen time and time again.

G3ckobain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 G3ckobain
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

Yep we did lol ...

i like them some FPS and all but ... im an RPG Fanatic , and all of them are going to the other console... i mean WTH:?

im telling you that RRoD Machine is very tempting!