Crappy Ratings for PS3 games

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yung_slym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yung_slym
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that the PS3 game ratings compare to the 360 game ratings for the same game are always lower? Y is this? I think its BS. What in the heck is going on? I would say, but I dont want my account to be deleted...:evil:
amob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 amob
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts
most of this has to do with porting. the games you are talking about were programed for the pc and otherbox and then ported to the ps3. usually this makes the game suffer in quality on the ps3, but not as often as you imply.
Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts
yeah it sux but I don't pay much attention to there reviews to honest. They much play the Xbox version and look for all the mistakes on the Ps3 version afterward haha....it's probablt true.
Avatar image for Cloud_in_midgar
Cloud_in_midgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cloud_in_midgar
Member since 2008 • 489 Posts
Yepp its because the ps3 has complicated architecture and is hard to work with and the 360 has a simple architecture
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Crappy ports is the reason why.
FFVIIROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 FFVIIROCKS
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts

its becaues some developers are too freakin lazy to take time and port for the ps3... I mean god put some pride into your game when porting it... or just stick with the ps3 to devlop with because its actually a challenge and you as a developer could learn more things from programming for the ps3.

They are not that bad and its only a few games where this happens but it happens nonetheless 

JKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 JKusanagi
Member since 2005 • 815 Posts

Mirror's Edge got 1 out of 100 higher on PS3 :P
Also, incredibly PS3 Fallout 3 matched the 360 version on metacritic

joaomconde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 joaomconde
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

HAHA you americans really don´t think!!! here, in my contry we all know the reason, it´s the same reason an editor got fired just because a bad note on kane and lynch and its the same reason xbox games appear always first when you make a search, and its the same reason the most poppular xbox and pc games appear first than the ps3 ones, even if the ps3´s ones were first made in ps3 and later ported to xbox and pc, oh and its the same reason locoroco 2 (possibly the future best and the most wanted and popular psp game) isnt in the top 10 awaited games overall nor in the top 10 awaited games in psp, the game comes out next week.

if you americans think a little bit, instead of hearing whats told you to hear, you wold notice that xbox 360 and many pc games belong to microsoft, and microsoft has money and power.

i cant be more explict...

Im portuguese, and here we can see clearly

jmc

FFVIIROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 FFVIIROCKS
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts
^ ok jaba the hut
MikeMcGi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MikeMcGi
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Wow, I guess the methods behind video game porting are perfectly 'clear' in portugal. It all makes sense now. It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that the ps3 has a more complex development architecture that most developers don't put the extra time or effort into... Thanks for showing us what's really going on. 

Avatar image for thirteen_zombie
thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 thirteen_zombie
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts
[QUOTE="joaomconde"]

HAHA you americans really don´t think!!! here, in my contry we all know the reason, it´s the same reason an editor got fired just because a bad note on kane and lynch and its the same reason xbox games appear always first when you make a search, and its the same reason the most poppular xbox and pc games appear first than the ps3 ones, even if the ps3´s ones were first made in ps3 and later ported to xbox and pc...

if you americans think a little bit, instead of hearing whats told you to hear, you wold notice that xbox 360 and many pc games belong to microsoft, and microsoft has money and power.

i cnat be more explict...

jmc

I dont think you understand what the question was, considering your english skills, and obviously people in portugal dont see clearly without first pulling their own head out of their ass. I'm pretty sure everybody on this site and living in america understands that 360 games are made from microsoft, Its sort of a given that an xbox 360 game made by microsoft would be a microsoft game. Also in america theres this thing called equality, where regardless of which system or person has more money they all get reviewed on the same grading scale, so the fact that microsoft has money really doesnt mean **** and also doesnt mean they are given power. So do you believe that if microsoft declared war we would listen to them cause they have lots of money? Next time try to form a sentence that makes sense with the given statement, and learn to not be so stereotypical. Also When you search a game and 360 comes up before PS3 games, its called alphabetical order.
joaomconde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 joaomconde

when i refer to money and power i wanted to say thay microsoft pays gamespot so that gamespot overrates microsoft games...

once again, you didn´t understand what i told you

one more thing, here in portugal the letter p comes first than the letter x...

i hope obama changes something...

jmc

Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts
You guys do know MGS4 received a 10, right?
joaomconde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 joaomconde

and why?

because xbox doesnt have any mgs game, it exclusive to ps3

JKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JKusanagi
calm down, you're going to scratch your tights ladies
MikeMcGi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MikeMcGi

That's because Konami paid Gamespot. Most people wouldn't see this, but here, in Southern California, it's obvious!

voltzila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 voltzila
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts
Sorry to say but some of those ratings are accurate, playing fallout 3 on the PS3 was quite different from playing it on the PC and 360.
joaomconde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 joaomconde

Sorry to say but some of those ratings are accurate, playing fallout 3 on the PS3 was quite different from playing it on the PC and 360.voltzila

in that cases i agree, they were ported, but look at need for speed, got 6.5 in ps3 and 7 in xbox how do you explain this???

klondon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 klondon

I have been waiting to buy a ps3, happily gaming on my XBOX 360 and Wii. 

I want to get one, but was wondering if there are any solid reasons, games, etc. that would put me over the edge in ivesting in one rather than buying something else of value at Best Buy.  MGS made me buy a ps2 over xbox back in the day, and Resident Evil 5 is something I want to play, but what of the other games and PSN items...is it a must buy today!!!

voixco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 voixco
Member since 2008 • 128 Posts

[QUOTE="voltzila"]Sorry to say but some of those ratings are accurate, playing fallout 3 on the PS3 was quite different from playing it on the PC and 360.joaomconde

in that cases i agree, they were ported, but look at need for speed, got 6.5 in ps3 and 7 in xbox how do you explain this???

It's because the PS3 version suffers from severe framerate problems, rendering the game almost unplayable at times.

JKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JKusanagi

I want to get one, but was wondering if there are any solid reasons, games, etc. that would put me over the edge in ivesting in one rather than buying something else of value at Best Buy. MGS made me buy a ps2 over xbox back in the day, and Resident Evil 5 is something I want to play, but what of the other games and PSN items...is it a must buy today!!!

klondon

First SOLID reason is Metal Gear SOLID 4 :)

Then you can jump to LBP, Resistance 2, Uncharted and Valkyria Chronicles, There's also free online gaming, blu ray, avi and other formats playing and some time in future.. home

Also, God of War III is going to be released in March 2 2009 according to gamestop

metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 metalgear-solid

I want to get one, but was wondering if there are any solid reasons, games, etc. that would put me over the edge in ivesting in one rather than buying something else of value at Best Buy. MGS made me buy a ps2 over xbox back in the day, and Resident Evil 5 is something I want to play, but what of the other games and PSN items...is it a must buy today!!!

klondon
Yes, METAL GEAR SOLID 4. Yes, I said it. You have to buy a PS3 for MGS4. There's no doubt, it is the best game this generation and indeed, one of the best games of all time.
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 metalgear-solid

klondon
Yes, METAL GEAR SOLID 4. Yes, I said it. You have to buy a PS3 for MGS4. There's no doubt, it is the best game this generation and indeed, one of the best games of all time.
lamplan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lamplan
Member since 2006 • 1135 Posts

HAHA you americans really don´t think!!! here, in my contry we all know the reason, it´s the same reason an editor got fired just because a bad note on kane and lynch and its the same reason xbox games appear always first when you make a search, and its the same reason the most poppular xbox and pc games appear first than the ps3 ones, even if the ps3´s ones were first made in ps3 and later ported to xbox and pc, oh and its the same reason locoroco 2 (possibly the future best and the most wanted and popular psp game) isnt in the top 10 awaited games overall nor in the top 10 awaited games in psp, the game comes out next week.

jmc

joaomconde
Give me two of what he just drank! Go C. renaldo?!?
Avatar image for jeffgordonfan24
jeffgordonfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 jeffgordonfan24
Member since 2005 • 212 Posts
[QUOTE="joaomconde"]

jmc

I hate jerks who insult Amercians. If we wanted too, our Army/Navy/Air Force would wipe you off the map in ten minutes. We have bombs that we enjoy playing with.
Xepheon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 Xepheon
Member since 2006 • 401 Posts

Has anyone else noticed that the PS3 game ratings compare to the 360 game ratings for the same game are always lower? Y is this? I think its BS. What in the heck is going on? I would say, but I dont want my account to be deleted...:evil: yung_slym

I think some PS3 owners blow things out of proportion sometimes, including myself. We saw a few slightly poorer ratings like with Fallout 3, and now we think we've got it bad. Don't forget that PS3's GTA4 also received a ten like the 360's, and to date, the PS3 has the only exclusive that was rated a 10. Do you realize that not even Crysis received a 10? We also tend to brush off the Square-Enix exclusives on the 360, like Infinite Undiscovery and Lost Odyssey, which didn't receive very exceptional ratings (6.5 and 7.5). Last Remnant is also not looking so hot in the ratings. Even L4D has an 8.5, which is good, right? But Gamespot gave R2 and LBP 9.0's. So things are actually pretty good for the PS3. You just have to keep these things in perspective.

OrcsP2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 OrcsP2
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts
its not hard to understand why. the xbox 360 is american, and the PS3 is Japanese . soo if u put the math together, the gamespot site is American, therefore they review/market american products other than japanese. if u went to this site, WHICH IS CLEARLY XBOX 360 fanboys and compared to the PS3 sites (possibly in japanese) u will see the difference in how it depends on which product is made where. discuss.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
Most of the PS3 multiplats are rushed ports, making them inferior.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
ly
Has anyone else noticed that the PS3 game ratings compare to the 360 game ratings for the same game are always lower? Y is this? I think its BS. What in the heck is going on? I would say, but I dont want my account to be deleted...:evil: yung_slym
that's because those ported games were in fact inferior, that's why. Maybe not always warranting a whole .5 point deduction (if we speak of this site), but definitely inferior in terms of graphics and/or stability. It's not really hate for the PS3, it's criticism of the actual games, but regardless of the reason, this it isn't helping the PS3 or its potential fan-base from any perspective. This does upset me a bit becasue those ports don't do the PS3 any justice. I really can't help but but point the finger of blame on the devs.
redalert2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 redalert2004
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts
STOP posting joaomconde...you are embarassing us :)
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

its not hard to understand why. the xbox 360 is american, and the PS3 is Japanese . soo if u put the math together, the gamespot site is American, therefore they review/market american products other than japanese. if u went to this site, WHICH IS CLEARLY XBOX 360 fanboys and compared to the PS3 sites (possibly in japanese) u will see the difference in how it depends on which product is made where. discuss. OrcsP2

I disagree with that over-generalization, but it would be naive to think that no-one is nationally-centric. In today's gobal market, I think there's less and less patriotic loyalty going on from the consumers perspective, but i do see some industry doing things as you say, for better or for worse. I could get into this deeper and with better arguments, but regradless of what I say, i don't really know what's going on and i would be stupid to think that i do, all is, more or less, speculation.

metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 metalgear-solid
I hate jerks who insult Amercians. If we wanted too, our Army/Navy/Air Force would wipe you off the map in ten minutes. We have bombs that we enjoy playing with.jeffgordonfan24
See, that's why everyone hates America. You think you own the world.
amob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 amob

[QUOTE="jeffgordonfan24"] I hate jerks who insult Amercians. If we wanted too, our Army/Navy/Air Force would wipe you off the map in ten minutes. We have bombs that we enjoy playing with.metalgear-solid

Well this topic took a turn. Please stop sterotyping and taking things to the extreme. We don't think we own the world, but there is no doubt that we are a superpower that has influence in almost every aspect of the world along with a dominating military. People complain when we get involved with things, but why wouldn't we? Do we not have any moral obligations and security/financial interests outside our borders?

JKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JKusanagi

[QUOTE="metalgear-solid"][QUOTE="jeffgordonfan24"] I hate jerks who insult Amercians. If we wanted too, our Army/Navy/Air Force would wipe you off the map in ten minutes. We have bombs that we enjoy playing with.amob

Well this topic took a turn. Please stop sterotyping and taking things to the extreme. We don't think we own the world, but there is no doubt that we are a superpower that has influence in almost every aspect of the world along with a dominating military. People complain when we get involved with things, but why wouldn't we? Do we not have any moral obligations and security/financial interests outside our borders?

When you say "Well this topic took a turn. Please stop sterotyping and taking things to the extreme" you're not supposed to add more stuff to that topic. What does all that has to do with PS3 games being reviewed lower than 360s?

This is the wrong place to be arguing about countries, not even in system wars is correct to do that

amob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 amob
[QUOTE="amob"]

[QUOTE="metalgear-solid"]See, that's why everyone hates America. You think you own the world.JKusanagi

When you say "Well this topic took a turn. Please stop sterotyping and taking things to the extreme" you're not supposed to add more stuff to that topic. What does all that has to do with PS3 games being reviewed lower than 360s?

This is the wrong place to be arguing about countries, not even in system wars is correct to do that

Yeah I know, but I have already answered the question given by the TC. That along with the fact that this thread is about die i decided to go ahead and respond as i don't like people putting down entire countries b/c of a stereotype.

kiraburu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kiraburu
Member since 2008 • 537 Posts
thats a new videogame or what???cos youll have to destroy the fu#$n planet if you start and scalete...chima and india has more people of the reset of the world an theres no another fuc#in planet to live. And I think hes little right with some points bout money, power and publicity...
kiraburu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kiraburu
thats a new videogame or what???cos youll have to destroy the fu#$n planet if you start and scalete...chima and india has more people of the reset of the world an theres no another fuc#in planet to live. And I think hes little right with some points bout money, power and publicity...kiraburu
[QUOTE="jeffgordonfan24"][QUOTE="joaomconde"]

jmc

I hate jerks who insult Amercians. If we wanted too, our Army/Navy/Air Force would wipe you off the map in ten minutes. We have bombs that we enjoy playing with.

shabazz5th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 shabazz5th
Member since 2004 • 648 Posts
do you have any specific examples? The only example that comes to mind is Fallout...any others?
G3ckobain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 G3ckobain
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts
[QUOTE="joaomconde"]

jmc

jeffgordonfan24

LOL thats what you say about Iraq , and after all these years ... :roll: 

jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
If you are like me and don't own a 360, then who cares? If that game receives a low score, ok, but if that score's reflective of the 360 version you'll never notice the flaws they point out so don't complain.
kiraburu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kiraburu
good point IRAAK OR IRAQ...the next COD must be there or modern nuclear warfare made in japan...not china.
soranobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 soranobody
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Umm Common Knowledge if we have if a blockbuster game and it is multiplatform and the xbox 360 is getting it we get the bad version. Microsoft buys out the companys and they get the good stuff. Xbots get the GTA 4 DLC we dont. Why?
-Rinder-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -Rinder-
Member since 2008 • 1307 Posts

jmc

joaomconde
Wow your retarded.
Nasty_butler_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 Nasty_butler_9
Member since 2007 • 1540 Posts
^ ok jaba the hutFFVIIROCKS
PWND
djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts

who cares! hows that. and it has nothing to do with micro$hit having money thats the most idiodic comment ive ever heard. Both are great systems and have great eclusives. If you have both systems get the game on the system with the highest score. End of disscusion

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
why do people still care about ratings lol, i dont care wat games get wat. as long as i pick up wat i want and like and enjoy it no ratin can tell me otherwise
Cloud_in_midgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Cloud_in_midgar
[QUOTE="joaomconde"]

jmc

jeffgordonfan24

And you wonder why people insult Americans

Cloud_in_midgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Cloud_in_midgar
[QUOTE="joaomconde"]

jmc

jeffgordonfan24

Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
[QUOTE="Cloud_in_midgar"][QUOTE="jeffgordonfan24"][QUOTE="joaomconde"]

jmc

Not to mention that technically China could probably do the same....
robert48213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 robert48213
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts
it's not BS it's GS :lol: