• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

adam_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 adam_53
Member since 2005 • 298 Posts
is it me, or do people who play COD4 online talk a LOT more **** than other games? this lvl 23 guy, everytime he killed somone he say f u u effin w/e w/e....everyone else in the game just tea baggin n talkin like dirtbags, any one else notice that? (ps. they lost that round of deathmatch to a lowly level 7 ha)
pandadude01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 pandadude01
Member since 2004 • 2084 Posts
It happens in every game sometimes. I don't find it happens anymore in CoD4 than any other game. But I agree it is really annoying when you get some kid making noises down the mic simply because he can. It's just part of MP gaming though.
adam_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 adam_53
i like ur style. add me up, we'll play some cod4. dowdy 2
Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts

It happens in every game sometimes. I don't find it happens anymore in CoD4 than any other game. But I agree it is really annoying when you get some kid making noises down the mic simply because he can. It's just part of MP gaming though.pandadude01

God I hate that. Or when they start playing music through it. I had one idiotplaying "Billie Jean" throughout the entire match. I put the "Voice" volume all the way to minimum and yet I can still hear this nonsense... what gives?

Just another reason for me to hate online gaming.

adam_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 adam_53
YEAH MAN! or some wu tang clang. wtf plays BILLY JEAN wen playing a shooter?
snwboardn08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 snwboardn08
Member since 2006 • 979 Posts
COD4 is like the one game im starting to find more of those xbox live little kids and its getting really anoying
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
yeah i know what you mean. i was playing a game and some idiot was blasting rap music and thats all you could hear (I hate rap music, very annoying) so i couldn't stand it so i ended up leaving the game. As for people saying F this F you, etc just keep killing them until they get so mad they leave the game. I hope they add a feature where you can mute all voice convos.
ultimate_gam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ultimate_gam3r
Member since 2007 • 157 Posts

I completely agree, there always seems to be random 10 year olds on the internet, playing a friendly online videogame, and cursing off simply because they can.

-Gijutsu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 -Gijutsu-
Member since 2005 • 8227 Posts
I agree, unless its going to give intel for your team, keep your mouth shut
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14806 Posts
Can you mute in this game?
smellati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 smellati
Member since 2003 • 288 Posts

Actually, I find COD4 players to be more mature and respectful than in other games. Maybe its due to the price of the ps3 but who knows. All MP games have their share of people who shouldnt be allowed to play.

Play Counterstrike if you wannna know the pinnacle of immaturity

KrazyC18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KrazyC18
Member since 2006 • 1535 Posts

Actually, I find COD4 players to be more mature and respectful than in other games. Maybe its due to the price of the ps3 but who knows. All MP games have their share of people who shouldnt be allowed to play.

Play Counterstrike if you wannna know the pinnacle of immaturity

smellati

rofl, so true, CS is full of this!! i admit, sometimes im even one of the ppl putting music on, but hey, if u dont like it, mute em xD
-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#13 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
Too bad we can't just organize our teams and use tactics to improve game play rather then just run around killing at random while blathering on. Thats why I'm getting COD4 and a PS3 (60GB) because I want to get a mic aswell and do some tactics with you guys.
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts
CoD4 actually has less idiots in my experience. You'll get the occasional retard here and there but much less than say Halo 3 or WoW. I agree with the more mature PS3 audience comment, all my friends that play online with me are my age 22 and older, lol. So far theres only been a couple of discrepencies between me and some other idiot, as opposed to the dozens I played with on Halo 3 in my one week owning it, and the hundreds you'll find on games like WoW. CoD4 was a breath of fresh air for me honestly.
Laxman816

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Laxman816
Member since 2007 • 236 Posts
Yea I was having the same problem and I didn't want my parents in the next room to hear all that so I turned voice volume all the way down. Well I started the next match and I could still hear them talking trash. What gives Infinity Ward? Anyone have a solution?
Laxman816

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Laxman816
Member since 2007 • 236 Posts
Yea I was having the same problem and I didn't want my parents in the next room to hear all that so I turned voice volume all the way down. Well I started the next match and I could still hear them talking trash. What gives Infinity Ward? Anyone have a solution?
TheRealVance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheRealVance
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Too bad we can't just organize our teams and use tactics to improve game play rather then just run around killing at random while blathering on. Thats why I'm getting COD4 and a PS3 (60GB) because I want to get a mic aswell and do some tactics with you guys.-shmelo-

I don't see why you can't start a clean play group. Sounds like a good friendly informal clan idea, actually.

rm_fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rm_fc
Member since 2006 • 455 Posts
i usaually at night (late night ) so i dont face this type of people. just go a head and play some where around 12 or 1 am !!
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Pig_Hostage

Yea I was having the same problem and I didn't want my parents in the next room to hear all that so I turned voice volume all the way down. Well I started the next match and I could still hear them talking trash. What gives Infinity Ward? Anyone have a solution?Laxman816

Yeah that's what I'm saying: you turn the volume all the way down and it apparently makes no difference. It's still just as loud, if not louder than, all other sounds in the game. Ridiculous.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
I know what you mean. I usually shut them up though, but it is annoying. Usually, these morons flock to the easy popular games like RFOM or Warhawk. It is sad to be reminded of how many 'tards there really are in this world. Especially the ones who take it WAY to seriously, or act like they just won the Nobel Peace Prize just for getting a kill.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Denji

i usaually at night (late night ) so i dont face this type of people. just go a head and play some where around 12 or 1 am !!rm_fc

I still run into a few idiots at that time. Just not as frequent

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

i don't usually talk trash, just in free for all usually.

but i know what you mean, there seems to be alot more trash talk in COD4 then any other game i've played online on PS3, although nothing compares to playing with teh lemms on Halo, i didn't know someone could form an entire match worth of conversation with racial slurs and swears

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Denji

i don't usually talk trash, just in free for all usually.

but i know what you mean, there seems to be alot more trash talk in COD4 then any other game i've played online on PS3, although nothing compares to playing with teh lemms on Halo, i didn't know someone could form an entire match worth of conversation with racial slurs and swears

americahellyeah

I know what you mean. I used to host games every night on the PC version of it, spent most of the time kicking people instead of playing it.

Personally, COD4's got nothing on RFOM in my experience. They basicly go there just to swear at eachother and N this and N that

moshakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 moshakirby
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts
Just tell them that kids play this game and to stop swearing, then drop some comment about getting their account banned. They'll usually respond with a comment like "Well you try not swearing when some noob has just shot you in the face".

Now I don't know if COD4 is push to talk or not, but an easy response for push to talk game is simply telling them not to push the button, makes them feel stupid, they shut up.
If it's not push to talk then...well these people are stupid it's not hard.
sushiboyyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sushiboyyyy
Member since 2003 • 670 Posts
I actually sometimes enjoy listening to 2 people on my team talk **** to each other. Pretty entertaining sometimes. Pretty rare though.
besiktepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 besiktepe
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
hey can you turn off mic convo's because half the time I'm hearing gibberish and it pisses me off
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Denji

hey can you turn off mic convo's because half the time I'm hearing gibberish and it pisses me offbesiktepe

They're susposed to have a mute option in the "patch" that susposed to come, but currently stuck in sub space some where..

creekfan_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 creekfan_basic
Member since 2002 • 2539 Posts
on live I find COD4 to be a lot more laid back than say a Halo. Seems to have less kids, but that is on live...the best way to shut people up is to wail on them
grathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 grathan
Member since 2007 • 202 Posts
I was thinkin about this last night as my family wondered into the room as every other word was profanity combined to make pointless smack that reeked of inferiority complex. There is no point in trying to fight it. Join in? I guess that would be best.
bjhean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 bjhean
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts
these people will always be around, no matter what game you'll play. but there is a patch on the way that will give you the option to mute players.
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Pig_Hostage

these people will always be around, no matter what game you'll play. but there is a patch on the way that will give you the option to mute players.bjhean

I can't believe we need a patch for something that basic. It really should have been there from the start. But then, this is only like the second online game I've ever played, so what do I know...

Grizzly_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Grizzly_7
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts
wtf is teabagging
rac_fan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rac_fan12
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

In my opinion there is two problems with Online version Of Cod4

1. You cant organize teams in the lobby, lets say you wanted to play with all the micers versus the no mikers to make the experience more fun for people who have mikes

2. The host cant choose what map he wants after the initial game the servers need to give the hosts more control on whats happening in the game cant kick player or what not

I dont mind the swearing it gets pretty funny after a while i find it much better than the silence you get in warhawk and resistance finally a game where people are starting to talk and to all those dont speak inless its intel for ureteam dont be anti social pricks

rac_fan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rac_fan12
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts
BUMP
legofan712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 legofan712
Member since 2005 • 664 Posts

COD4 is like the one game im starting to find more of those xbox live little kids and its getting really anoyingsnwboardn08

Took the words right out of my mouth.

dmc_freak978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dmc_freak978
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts
ALOT of people swear. when they get killed or kill others, its so annoying, aslo the ppl who put music in the background, its a war game, the music are the gun shots, explosions!
angusclone2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 angusclone2
Member since 2008 • 1726 Posts
isnt it like illegal to swear because of like private policies and stuff.
burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 burock76
Member since 2008 • 1220 Posts

[QUOTE="pandadude01"]It happens in every game sometimes. I don't find it happens anymore in CoD4 than any other game. But I agree it is really annoying when you get some kid making noises down the mic simply because he can. It's just part of MP gaming though.The_Pig_Hostage

God I hate that. Or when they start playing music through it. I had one idiotplaying "Billie Jean" throughout the entire match. I put the "Voice" volume all the way to minimum and yet I can still hear this nonsense... what gives?

Just another reason for me to hate online gaming.

You know you can "mute" those kind of people. Just press select when the countdown screen opens and you see the people in your team and opposition. Just click (press X) on the person you want to mute and there you are. No more billy Jean for you mate.

leeds9boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 leeds9boy
Member since 2007 • 49 Posts
Lol They are so annoying usaually little kids being gay i just mute them =]
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts

I completely agree, there always seems to be random 10 year olds on the internet, playing a friendly online videogame, and cursing off simply because they can.

ultimate_gam3r

Its not a "friendly online videogame" Its a rated M for mature game that 10 year olds are playing this is why we see all these stupid laws about gaming put into play

BushWacker69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BushWacker69
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts

wtf is teabaggingGrizzly_7

nobody's going to tell you because they might get modded, just go on google and search this:

define: teabagging

it'll probably come up with a wiki definition, that'll be good enough.

BushWacker69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BushWacker69
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts
if i'm honest i've not experienced that many, but when i do it makes me long for the days when i couldn't figure out how to get NAT 2. i've experienced more on resistance, but not by much. The message system on resistance lends itself to post battle messages where they're all trying to disrespect. obvs can't swear though, the insomniac censor is actually over sensitive.
Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 Col_Swamp
Member since 2006 • 937 Posts
cod4 has got nothing on the trash talking in SOCOM. i am a huge fan of socom and let me tell you, the biggest collection of immature, racist, un-witty teenagers in the gaming world!!
codalloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 codalloo
Member since 2006 • 892 Posts
Yah, whenever someone acts like an idiot you simply take out your P90 and shoot them in the face, works for me.
ShunnX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ShunnX7
Member since 2008 • 148 Posts

Yeah just like Halo 3, those guys sucks :s

they are always insulting you and make you have a bad time playing.. thats why i hate to play with inmature kids, when i kill them they start to bother you..

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts

they are always insulting you and make you have a bad time playing.. thats why i hate to play with inmature kids, when i kill them they start to bother you..

ShunnX7

Halo 3 is the worst I don't have a 360, but I came across some youtube videos... man let me tell you, it was just down right bad, so many 8-10 year olds cursing talking about things they're much too young to know about. Don't even get me started about xXgayboyXx I believe that's was his xbox user name was, he takes so much crap the average self conscious homosexual would have killed themselves.

codalloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 codalloo
Member since 2006 • 892 Posts
[QUOTE="ShunnX7"]

jeremiah06

Halo 3 is the worst I don't have a 360, but I came across some youtube videos... man let me tell you, it was just down right bad, so many 8-10 year olds cursing talking about things they're much too young to know about. Don't even get me started about xXgayboyXx I believe that's was his xbox user name was, he takes so much crap the average self conscious homosexual would have killed themselves.

Yah I've seen a bunch of those videos too, it was so bad, so many kids saying racist comments, there was one video with a young white boy playing Halo against a black boy, he started saying so many racist comments, it was very offensive and you could hear the black boy crying on the other end of the mic while the white boy laughed.
Elviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Elviathan
Member since 2006 • 5052 Posts
It happens all the time. You can't really control what they say so just deal with it or mute them. :)
camerun370

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 camerun370
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts
Lol all the guys sayin just mute em look at the dates the first posts were made, muting players wasnt available then