• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aaron-1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Aaron-1992
Member since 2007 • 112 Posts

I really don't like this idea of coming out saying a game is for one console, then later putting another console in the mix. I remember when Capcom said that Resident Evil 4 was exclusive, before later porting it to PS2, then PC.

I have lost a lot of respect for Capcom, I don't mind Resident Evil 5 since they said PS3 and 360 at the same time, but they shouldnt have these sudden changes of heart.

I want to become a game developer and I wouldn't like to port my games should I make them. With all the technology in Gaming today, you'd expect people to use the strengths of one console to the max. Thats what makes good games. Anyway rant over. What do you think.

ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
I can respect your opinion on this, a company should just keep their mouth shut on exclusivity if theres a chance it won't be exclusive.  Also, it seems you dont plan on boycotting everything Capcom, so I can respect that too.  Boycotting Capcom games is the stupidest thing I've heard this entire generation.   Just enjoy the fact that its coming to the system you own!  sheesh.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
well i wouldnt be surprised if i saw a capcom exec working a street corner in drag.
tiprun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tiprun
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts

I can respect your opinion on this, a company should just keep their mouth shut on exclusivity if theres a chance it won't be exclusive. Also, it seems you dont plan on boycotting everything Capcom, so I can respect that too. Boycotting Capcom games is the stupidest thing I've heard this entire generation. Just enjoy the fact that its coming to the system you own! sheesh.ajefferism

Agreed, boycotting Capcom is just stupid, grow up people. I mean is it like you really care?

HellsAngel2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 HellsAngel2c
Member since 2004 • 5540 Posts
i am rather disapointed at Capcom myself, seeing as i am a huge Resi fan and DMC fan. The fact that they have suddenly declared DMC to be multi plat isn't one of the best annoucements i have heard in my life time but i wont throw a huge fit. I know companies want to get the most £$£$ as possible and being multiplat is a great way of achieving that. What is really a cheek however, is to declare a Sony related game(DMC) multiplat, but to keep hits such as Dead Rising exclusive to 360. This just shows that Capcom do not have faith in the PS3, whether it be its powers, capabilities or (ultimatly) the "lack" of ps3 users. I wonder how Capcom will respond if PS3 suddenly flys off store shelves and becomes "number one" again... will they grovel and release a new exclusive series? or will they pretend nothing had happened and that they had never had a lack of faith in the consol? Hmm....
perfect-dank-0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 perfect-dank-0
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts

Maybe developers are sick and tired of trying to develope games for ps3. From what I have read it is really confusing and difficult to unlock the ps3's power, even for the most experienced developers. It's also very difficult to port games to ps3 and my theory is that capcom didn't feel that it would be worth their time to port a game over to ps3 which has a very small fanbase compared to other platforms. And smaller fanbase = less cash for game companies = less incentive for game developers to create new games, particularly exclusives. My point it that developers won't concentrate very hard on making great ps3 games when creating games for other platforms is much more profitable.

Acid08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Acid08
Member since 2007 • 292 Posts
It's complete crap that they state porting DMC4 is for financial reasons, and wont port Dead Rising or Lost Planet to the PS3. You'd think that if they want max profit they would port those or at least put the sequels on the PS3 also.
Acid08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Acid08
Member since 2007 • 292 Posts

Maybe developers are sick and tired of trying to develope games for ps3. From what I have read it is really confusing and difficult to unlock the ps3's power, even for the most experienced developers. It's also very difficult to port games to ps3 and my theory is that capcom didn't feel that it would be worth their time to port a game over to ps3 which has a very small fanbase compared to other platforms. And smaller fanbase = less cash for game companies = less incentive for game developers to create new games, particularly exclusives. My point it that developers won't concentrate very hard on making great ps3 games when creating games for other platforms is much more profitable.

perfect-dank-0
Thats why the PS Edge is being released. It's a set of tool made by Sony that greatly help developers in using all of the PS3s power. Also releasing a game on PS3 and 360 would increase profits so why not bring DR or LP to the PS3?
RabbidDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 RabbidDawg
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts

Only problem I have is the fact that Dead Rising and Lost Planet are not coming to the PS3. I already played them on the 360 but with Capcoms new philosophy you would have thought those games would go multiplatform to. The PS3 crowd I think would definitely like those games, just as a lot of us are apreciating Oblivion a year later. (just an example different devs I know)

I think if they were truly sticking to there multiplatform philosophy those games would be coming to the PS3. I honestly just dont really think its fair that they are making once PS3 exclusives for the 360 but not doing the same for the 360 titles. maybe Dead Rising 2 will come to the PS3 if not then I would be a bit upset, because then they truly are being a bit biased against the PS3.

RabbidDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RabbidDawg

Maybe developers are sick and tired of trying to develope games for ps3. From what I have read it is really confusing and difficult to unlock the ps3's power, even for the most experienced developers. It's also very difficult to port games to ps3 and my theory is that capcom didn't feel that it would be worth their time to port a game over to ps3 which has a very small fanbase compared to other platforms. And smaller fanbase = less cash for game companies = less incentive for game developers to create new games, particularly exclusives. My point it that developers won't concentrate very hard on making great ps3 games when creating games for other platforms is much more profitable.

perfect-dank-0

Look at Oblivion. Its a great port that actually looks and plays better on the PS3. Also you would have thought that not only Capcom but bethesda would of taken the small user base into consideration and actually NOT released it for the PS3. Who knows really though. I do ubderstand that going multiplatform does bring in more cash for the company.

RabbidDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RabbidDawg

You pointed out oblivion. But forgot to mention that every single other game that is multiplatform is worse on the ps3. So yes it is obvious to anyone who plays video games that ps3 is the inferior gaming machine. True it might be better for multimedia like br or whatever. But I think the sales figures are showing that BR is pretty much pointless on gaming systems because A)the games on BR are inferior to the same game released on dvd for 360. 2) All the space on the disc is being wasted 3) BR does nothing to improve graphics or gameplay 3) ps3 can't handle crysis and its on regular dvd. perfect-dank-0

You ponited out crysis which is on a DVD, and not coming to the PS3 OR 360 because NEITHER can handle it because of the requirements to run it not the disc format. The PS3 hasnt been out long enough to determine whether BD is inferior to DVD, or whether or not the PS3 is an inferior console. Alot of the 360 launch ports were barley better than the current gen version at the time. I have both, and Ive seen both of there launch games and neither impressed me with Resistance (PS3), and Perfect Dark (360) being the exceptions.

It will be another couple of years before we see the true potential of either the 360 or PS3. Your entitled to your opinion but not all of the PS3 games are inferior. GS may think so but having both systems Ive played a lot of multiplats for both and only a few look better on the 360 but not all. Had they been designed for the PS3 then ported to the 360 it may have been a different story. 

Do you even own a PS3 or have you played one? Trolling maybe? 

tenorio_rotc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 tenorio_rotc
Member since 2003 • 3447 Posts
Well I dont remember Sony ever saying it was exclusive.  And yes, I guess it is bad but the only people that should care if it is exclusive is Sony because it helps the system.  Other people should rejoice if they dont have to shell out more money to play a game.  Lets face it, DMC was not going to be a system seller.  Now if MGS4 went mutliplatform, sony would be Pissed.  I dont think I would be but some people would.  It is just weird when people think 3rd party titles should stay exclusive.  Come one, some publishers have no choice because of how expensive it is to develop for next gen systems, especially the PS3.
call_for_blood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 call_for_blood
Member since 2003 • 104 Posts
Maybe if Capcom stopped making very crappy games last generation they wouldn't be in this sitiuation.
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 longhorn7
Member since 2007 • 4637 Posts

[QUOTE="perfect-dank-0"]You pointed out oblivion. But forgot to mention that every single other game that is multiplatform is worse on the ps3. So yes it is obvious to anyone who plays video games that ps3 is the inferior gaming machine. True it might be better for multimedia like br or whatever. But I think the sales figures are showing that BR is pretty much pointless on gaming systems because A)the games on BR are inferior to the same game released on dvd for 360. 2) All the space on the disc is being wasted 3) BR does nothing to improve graphics or gameplay 3) ps3 can't handle crysis and its on regular dvd. RabbidDawg

You ponited out crysis which is on a DVD, and not coming to the PS3 OR 360 because NEITHER can handle it because of the requirements to run it not the disc format. The PS3 hasnt been out long enough to determine whether BD is inferior to DVD, or whether or not the PS3 is an inferior console. Alot of the 360 launch ports were barley better than the current gen version at the time. I have both, and Ive seen both of there launch games and neither impressed me with Resistance (PS3), and Perfect Dark (360) being the exceptions.

It will be another couple of years before we see the true potential of either the 360 or PS3. Your entitled to your opinion but not all of the PS3 games are inferior. GS may think so but having both systems Ive played a lot of multiplats for both and only a few look better on the 360 but not all. Had they been designed for the PS3 then ported to the 360 it may have been a different story.

Do you even own a PS3 or have you played one? Trolling maybe?

trolling. hes in here all the time. pulls a buch of innacurate facts out of the air every once in a while and gets shot down and you dont hear from him for a while. hes not as bad as some of the others like Cellein but hes a regular nonetheless.
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 longhorn7
Maybe if Capcom stopped making very crappy games last generation they wouldn't be in this sitiuation.
call_for_blood
lets make 350 megaman games in one month!thatll help our financial problems in no time!!!!!:lol:
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
It's just a videogame. Who cares
psybrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 psybrid
Member since 2005 • 169 Posts
It's complete crap that they state porting DMC4 is for financial reasons, and wont port Dead Rising or Lost Planet to the PS3. You'd think that if they want max profit they would port those or at least put the sequels on the PS3 also. Acid08
Well the PS3 install base currently is a lot smaller and the development costs of the PS3 are higher so the financial reason is not completely invalidated. Considering their snap change in decisions (one week exclusive, the next not) they could easily decide to have the sequels on the PS3. You never know really.
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 longhorn7
[QUOTE="Acid08"]It's complete crap that they state porting DMC4 is for financial reasons, and wont port Dead Rising or Lost Planet to the PS3. You'd think that if they want max profit they would port those or at least put the sequels on the PS3 also. psybrid
Well the PS3 install base currently is a lot smaller and the development costs of the PS3 are higher so the financial reason is not completely invalidated. Considering their snap change in decisions (one week exclusive, the next not) they could easily decide to have the sequels on the PS3. You never know really.

yeah this guy is right, it has to do with the install bases in the long run. im not going to boycott capcom myself but i definately wont purchase any of their games until they change their act up a bit. ill just rent them. i dont care about something going multiplatform(except for the impending watered down-ness of all multiplat games) if the company is up front about it. If they start sticking to what they tell their consumers, then i will start buying their products again instead of renting them. they will still make a profit from me indirectly until then, but i wont give them the pleasure of a full purchase until they start respecting their consumers a bit more.
Wii26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22 Wii26
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
Taking the term sellout, yes they are a sellout. Is it a bad thing? Not really. Hell, I would sellout to go multiplat with such a big game especially one I invested so much money in. DMC4 probably cost a lot to make and it's their flagship game next to RE. They'll rely on this a lot so they need to make it multiplat. No worries though they'll bring other 360 exclusives over to the PS3 in due time.
Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Hulabaloza
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
Capcom is a business. They are going to do whatever maximizes the profits. DMC was only on the PS2 cause Sony paid them. It's on all the consoles now, cause that's what's best for their business. If Dead Rising and Lost Planet are only on the 360 then it's either cause there isn't a big enough market on the PS3 to make it worth it OR Microsoft is throwing them some money (or a mix of both those things). Deal with it.....that's they way things work.
ghaleon0721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ghaleon0721
Member since 2003 • 338 Posts
As a previous poster pointed out, Capcom is balancing its risks with its profit potential. Porting to a system with 10 million units sold is easy, the development costs are low, and the huge market makes the potential profits worth it. But porting to a system with higher costs and a smaller install base is significantly more risky. In the article that I read, the Capcom exec refused to discuss the exclusivity of Dead Rising and Lost Planet because he was under a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Doesn't it seem suspicious that the NDA applies when we talk about 360 ---> PS3 ports but not when we talk about PS3 --->360 ports? I would not be surprised if Microsoft had its hand in Capcom's wallet. But if that is the case, that is fine. There is no way that paying for exclusives is going to be an effective strategy in a highly competitive industry for the long term. It's a cowardly, desperate technique that can only mean that Microsoft realizes that its console cannot compete and there will be SERIOUS consumer backlash when 10 million people find out that their $400 system is obsolete after 3 years. Then capcom will come crawling back
masterchef1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 masterchef1000
Member since 2006 • 6279 Posts
it is a shame that it's not exclusive anymore, but capcom tries to do what's most profitable
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 longhorn7
[QUOTE="Hulabaloza"]Capcom is a business. They are going to do whatever maximizes the profits. DMC was only on the PS2 cause Sony paid them. It's on all the consoles now, cause that's what's best for their business. If Dead Rising and Lost Planet are only on the 360 then it's either cause there isn't a big enough market on the PS3 to make it worth it OR Microsoft is throwing them some money (or a mix of both those things). Deal with it.....that's they way things work.

actually sony never paid them to stay exclusive, it was because of the gigantic ps2 install base. the major reason those games arent probly going to be ported is because they have already been released, while dmc4 is an upcoming title. they have said themselves that the statement was not retroactive, but a sign of their future approach.
ghaleon0721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ghaleon0721
DMC was only on the PS2 cause Sony paid them.Hulabaloza
WRONG. Sony has never paid for an exclusive
Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hulabaloza
[QUOTE="ghaleon0721"] Doesn't it seem suspicious that the NDA applies when we talk about 360 ---> PS3 ports but not when we talk about PS3 --->360 ports? I would not be surprised if Microsoft had its hand in Capcom's wallet.

Exactly.

But if that is the case, that is fine. There is no way that paying for exclusives is going to be an effective strategy in a highly competitive industry for the long term. It's a cowardly, desperate technique that can only mean that Microsoft realizes that its console cannot compete and there will be SERIOUS consumer backlash when 10 million people find out that their $400 system is obsolete after 3 years. Then capcom will come crawling back

What do you think happened last gen? Do you think they supported the PS2 out of LOVE for Sony, but Microsoft only through contracts. No, look at history and you'll see these exclusive deals work very well. It is what made the PS2 what it was. It's also what made the clearly more powerful XBOX a second rate console. Why does MIcrosoft have the advantage now? They have a bigger installed base......a luxury Sony had with the PS2. That is how the business works and things won't get any easier for Sony. Microsoft's head start was a huge advantage.....
Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts
well i do think its unfare.. atleast tho a bone with one of the 360's exclusive
Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hulabaloza
[QUOTE="Hulabaloza"]DMC was only on the PS2 cause Sony paid them.ghaleon0721

They never paid them......they cut the licensing fee. To make a game for a console you pay Sony/MS/Nintendo $5 to 11. If you have a huge installed base you cut the fee......Capcom probably sold Dead Rising for no fee on the 360.....making millions in pure profit to keep it 360 exclusive. Then they don't have to pay to port it. Microsoft throws in free marketing. Sony did the same stuff last gen. MS/Sony isn't paying Capcom....they are just letting them keep more of the profits.
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 longhorn7
[QUOTE="ghaleon0721"][QUOTE="Hulabaloza"]DMC was only on the PS2 cause Sony paid them.Hulabaloza

They never paid them......they cut the licensing fee. To make a game for a console you pay Sony/MS/Nintendo $5 to 11. If you have a huge installed base you cut the fee......Capcom probably sold Dead Rising for no fee on the 360.....making millions in pure profit to keep it 360 exclusive. Then they don't have to pay to port it. Microsoft throws in free marketing. Sony did the same stuff last gen. MS/Sony isn't paying Capcom....they are just letting them keep more of the profits.

thats more like it lol
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 longhorn7
the only thing that bothers me all too much about this whole ordeal is the fact that capcom is seeming really disrespectful to all of their consumers- not just ps3 owners. they had nothing to gain from pretending dmc4 to be a ps3 exclusive. they should have come out and said it truthfully. im glad more people will get to play it, it is a good game. I just dont know how much i can respect their pr decisions
ghaleon0721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ghaleon0721
[QUOTE="Hulabaloza"][QUOTE="ghaleon0721"] Doesn't it seem suspicious that the NDA applies when we talk about 360 ---> PS3 ports but not when we talk about PS3 --->360 ports? I would not be surprised if Microsoft had its hand in Capcom's wallet.

Exactly.

But if that is the case, that is fine. There is no way that paying for exclusives is going to be an effective strategy in a highly competitive industry for the long term. It's a cowardly, desperate technique that can only mean that Microsoft realizes that its console cannot compete and there will be SERIOUS consumer backlash when 10 million people find out that their $400 system is obsolete after 3 years. Then capcom will come crawling back

What do you think happened last gen? Do you think they supported the PS2 out of LOVE for Sony, but Microsoft only through contracts. No, look at history and you'll see these exclusive deals work very well. It is what made the PS2 what it was. It's also what made the clearly more powerful XBOX a second rate console. Why does MIcrosoft have the advantage now? They have a bigger installed base......a luxury Sony had with the PS2. That is how the business works and things won't get any easier for Sony. Microsoft's head start was a huge advantage.....

You tell me WHY Sony would pay for an exclusive when it already had an astronomical install base when the Xbox launched. Wouldn't it make more sense for Sony to say "Hey capcom, we're not paying you for this, you can release it on our system if you want, or you can take your chances on that console that is selling like crap" Sony has stated publically that they have NEVER paid for an exclusive and have maintained their strategy of offering developers the best hardware for their games. By doing so, they ensure that the absolute BEST gaming experience must, by default, be a PS3 exclusive. Period. No money needed. Anyone who believes that paying for exclusives is a good idea needs to lay off the bong. http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25474663
ghaleon0721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ghaleon0721
Hulabaloza, how old are you?
Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hulabaloza
the only thing that bothers me all too much about this whole ordeal is the fact that capcom is seeming really disrespectful to all of their consumers- not just ps3 owners. they had nothing to gain from pretending dmc4 to be a ps3 exclusive. they should have come out and said it truthfully. im glad more people will get to play it, it is a good game. I just dont know how much i can respect their pr decisionslonghorn7
Capcom probably didn't sign on with Microsoft for DMC till after Christmas. That's when you get an idea of what the console installed base would be in late 07 and beyond. They are not being dishonest.....they are just responding to the market. With those numbers, Microsoft probably came up and offered a cut rate to 'make sure' DMC shows up on the 360. Sony would have to compete.......but their cut rate licensing fees aren't going to make as much of a difference, since it has a less potential sales. The PS3 just isn't selling fast enough to offer more. Apply these same rules to MGS4 and FFXIII and you'll see why it's very likely these are at least multiplatform. It has already happend with GTA & DMC. If MGS or FF remain exclusive to the PS3, you can be that Sony has paid a ton of cash out of pocket to make it happen, cause these companies would be giving up the bank to not release the games on the 360.
BIGDEE06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BIGDEE06
Member since 2006 • 2322 Posts
the only thing that bothers me all too much about this whole ordeal is the fact that capcom is seeming really disrespectful to all of their consumers- not just ps3 owners. they had nothing to gain from pretending dmc4 to be a ps3 exclusive. they should have come out and said it truthfully. im glad more people will get to play it, it is a good game. I just dont know how much i can respect their pr decisionslonghorn7
I don't know about you, but I won't be thinking about their pr decisions when i'm playing the game.  Get over it, what's done is done, let it go.
ghaleon0721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ghaleon0721
[QUOTE="longhorn7"]the only thing that bothers me all too much about this whole ordeal is the fact that capcom is seeming really disrespectful to all of their consumers- not just ps3 owners. they had nothing to gain from pretending dmc4 to be a ps3 exclusive. they should have come out and said it truthfully. im glad more people will get to play it, it is a good game. I just dont know how much i can respect their pr decisionsHulabaloza
Capcom probably didn't sign on with Microsoft for DMC till after Christmas. That's when you get an idea of what the console installed base would be in late 07 and beyond. They are not being dishonest.....they are just responding to the market. With those numbers, Microsoft probably came up and offered a cut rate to 'make sure' DMC shows up on the 360. Sony would have to compete.......but their cut rate licensing fees aren't going to make as much of a difference, since it has a less potential sales. The PS3 just isn't selling fast enough to offer more. Apply these same rules to MGS4 and FFXIII and you'll see why it's very likely these are at least multiplatform. It has already happend with GTA & DMC. If MGS or FF remain exclusive to the PS3, you can be that Sony has paid a ton of cash out of pocket to make it happen, cause these companies would be giving up the bank to not release the games on the 360.

Dude, you have smoked yourself retarded MGS4 and FF13 are being developed FOR the PS3. The are using the superior power of the console. FF13's white engine is being developed SPECIFICALLY around the PS3. Square and Kojima are quality developers who CARE about their product, not like the whores at Capcom. That means that they will NEVER come out on 360. And not because Sony paid them, but because those games will be TOO MUCH for the 360. They simply won't play on the damn machine
Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Hulabaloza
[QUOTE="ghaleon0721"] You tell me WHY Sony would pay for an exclusive when it already had an astronomical install base when the Xbox launched. Wouldn't it make more sense for Sony to say "Hey capcom, we're not paying you for this, you can release it on our system if you want, or you can take your chances on that console that is selling like crap"

Sony said that last time. Microsoft is saying that this time. Now, Sony needs to pull a Halo out of its hat to make the PS3 squeeze through to next generation, like Microsoft did for the original XBOX. Good luck.

Sony has stated publically that they have NEVER paid for an exclusive and have maintained their strategy of offering developers the best hardware for their games. By doing so, they ensure that the absolute BEST gaming experience must, by default, be a PS3 exclusive. Period. No money needed. Anyone who believes that paying for exclusives is a good idea needs to lay off the bong.

Yes, it was really dumb for Microsoft to buy Bungie......Halo has done nothing for their console. It was really dumb for Sony to secure GTA exclusive......(oh wait....they never paid for that....according to you). Right. Do you realize that you make no sense at all?
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 longhorn7
[QUOTE="longhorn7"]the only thing that bothers me all too much about this whole ordeal is the fact that capcom is seeming really disrespectful to all of their consumers- not just ps3 owners. they had nothing to gain from pretending dmc4 to be a ps3 exclusive. they should have come out and said it truthfully. im glad more people will get to play it, it is a good game. I just dont know how much i can respect their pr decisionsHulabaloza

mgs4 will stay exclusive because kojima has even stated that he will never port a game again because he did not like the last xbox port of mgs that ws made and that only the ps3 can run the octacam which is a major gameplay element. he has a ton of pull in konami too so his word is basically final on that aspect. also the fact that it takes up almost 50 gigs of br disc space. we will see about ffxiii, it would be odd for them to go with the 360 seeing as though their main target is the japanese audience and the japanese audience hates the 360. If capcom did not sign DMC until christmas there is no way that there would be a simultaneous release. the ps3 version has been in developement for quite a long time now, and theres no way they just threw together another version of the game in a different programming style in liss than 6 months.
Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Hulabaloza
[QUOTE="Hulabaloza"][QUOTE="longhorn7"]the only thing that bothers me all too much about this whole ordeal is the fact that capcom is seeming really disrespectful to all of their consumers- not just ps3 owners. they had nothing to gain from pretending dmc4 to be a ps3 exclusive. they should have come out and said it truthfully. im glad more people will get to play it, it is a good game. I just dont know how much i can respect their pr decisionsghaleon0721

Dude, you have smoked yourself retarded MGS4 and FF13 are being developed FOR the PS3. The are using the superior power of the console. FF13's white engine is being developed SPECIFICALLY around the PS3. Square and Kojima are quality developers who CARE about their product, not like the whores at Capcom. That means that they will NEVER come out on 360. And not because Sony paid them, but because those games will be TOO MUCH for the 360. They simply won't play on the damn machine

If they only care about the 'power' of the console (and money doesn't matter to them)......why didn't they chose the XBOX as the platform last generation? It was clearly more powrerful, had support for HDTV's, etc........it was better hardware all around. You aren't making sense.
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 longhorn7
[QUOTE="longhorn7"]the only thing that bothers me all too much about this whole ordeal is the fact that capcom is seeming really disrespectful to all of their consumers- not just ps3 owners. they had nothing to gain from pretending dmc4 to be a ps3 exclusive. they should have come out and said it truthfully. im glad more people will get to play it, it is a good game. I just dont know how much i can respect their pr decisionsBIGDEE06
I don't know about you, but I won't be thinking about their pr decisions when i'm playing the game. Get over it, what's done is done, let it go.

im still gonna play the game, guy, but im not too sure about the company's integrity. that is an issue with me personally, but like i said before, i will not boycott becuse not only is it childish, but i love dmc
anopolis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 anopolis
Member since 2003 • 153 Posts
the sheer amount of retard in all of this is stupefying .. a business wanting to not screw over employees/shareholders needs to make money, staying afloat is a good thing so you have this ps3 3 mil installed base and this xbox360 10mil hhmmm.. what to do perhaps they should just wait 3 years to release DMC4!! ya know when the ps3 is good and installed in peeps living rooms... yea that way they would'nt be sell outs and they could remain a business which makes money and solid financial decisions ... yea uh cause bringing a title out for even more people to enjoy is stupid... yea.. they should stay "loyal" to sony even if it means losing MILLIONS of dollars cause you know companies are whores... oh hell the train of thought derailed somebody musta left some stupid on the tracks dangit
Unassigned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Unassigned
Member since 2004 • 1970 Posts
Capcom made a very smart financial decision. Kudos to them for expanding beyond the "exclusives" and bringing their best games to the masses accross the platforms.
ghaleon0721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ghaleon0721
[QUOTE="Hulabaloza"][QUOTE="ghaleon0721"] Yes, it was really dumb for Microsoft to buy Bungie......Halo has done nothing for their console. It was really dumb for Sony to secure GTA exclusive......(oh wait....they never paid for that....according to you). Right. Do you realize that you make no sense at all?

Microsoft bought Bungie out of desparation. Halo was the ONLY game keeping the Xbox afloat and the thought of it going multi meant absolute doom for MS's gaming division. I'm not saying it was the wrong move, but its not something they can do alot of. How is buying developers and paying for exclusives a good long term strategy? Sony never paid for a GTA exclusive. You show some EVIDENCE that they paid for it (and I"m not talking about cutting licensing fees, I'm talking about actually PAYING for an exclusivity contract). I will walk you through this.... Sony makes money by charging developers the licensing fees to make games on its console. IF sony started paying for exclusives, they would essentially be giving up that revenue. Which means they would have to make money other ways. Which means that every memory card, controller, and periphereal that you buy will be marked up more than it is now. It means that Sony will stop subsidizing the cost of the console. It also means that developers would have to give up the profit potential in the 360's market, which means that they will make the money back by charging more for the game. I don't know about you but I don't want to live in a world of $1000 consoles and $75 games if I don't have to. You still haven't answered my question, how old are you?
Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hulabaloza
[QUOTE="longhorn7"] mgs4 will stay exclusive because kojima has even stated that he will never port a game again because he did not like the last xbox port of mgs that ws made and that only the ps3 can run the octacam which is a major gameplay element. he has a ton of pull in konami too so his word is basically final on that aspect. also the fact that it takes up almost 50 gigs of br disc space. we will see about ffxiii, it would be odd for them to go with the 360 seeing as though their main target is the japanese audience and the japanese audience hates the 360. If capcom did not sign DMC until christmas there is no way that there would be a simultaneous release. the ps3 version has been in developement for quite a long time now, and theres no way they just threw together another version of the game in a different programming style in liss than 6 months.

Kojima has no say. All the say goes to the bottom line - where it will make the most money. Where it will make sure the series is still a big hit. They are not going to take losses to put it out on the PS3. They are not even going to give up 10's of millions to put it on the PS3. They only way it could possibly be exclusive to the PS3 this generation is if Sony pays many millions to make that happen. Even then, it would weaken the brand to be only on the #3 console. Time will tell, but it's a safe bet that MGS4 will wind up on the 360 sooner or later.
ghaleon0721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ghaleon0721
Hulabaloza....HOW OLD ARE YOU? And how much do you want to bet that MGS4 and FF13 will NOT be on the 360?
anopolis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 anopolis
Member since 2003 • 153 Posts

Hulabaloza....HOW OLD ARE YOU? And how much do you want to bet that MGS4 and FF13 will NOT be on the 360?ghaleon0721

OH OH you see the indirect insult !! like hula must be a youngster cause he said something you find stupid oh oh you are a clever one ... yea hes  a dummy mgs4 will NEVER ever be on the 360 just like mgs2 NEVER went to xbox...oh crap what did i just say nm

BIGDEE06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BIGDEE06
Member since 2006 • 2322 Posts
[QUOTE="BIGDEE06"][QUOTE="longhorn7"]the only thing that bothers me all too much about this whole ordeal is the fact that capcom is seeming really disrespectful to all of their consumers- not just ps3 owners. they had nothing to gain from pretending dmc4 to be a ps3 exclusive. they should have come out and said it truthfully. im glad more people will get to play it, it is a good game. I just dont know how much i can respect their pr decisionslonghorn7
I don't know about you, but I won't be thinking about their pr decisions when i'm playing the game. Get over it, what's done is done, let it go.

im still gonna play the game, guy, but im not too sure about the company's integrity. that is an issue with me personally, but like i said before, i will not boycott becuse not only is it childish, but i love dmc

Well in that case, game on.  Oh yeah, your sig is hilarious.
Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Hulabaloza
[QUOTE="ghaleon0721"][QUOTE="Hulabaloza"][QUOTE="ghaleon0721"] Yes, it was really dumb for Microsoft to buy Bungie......Halo has done nothing for their console. It was really dumb for Sony to secure GTA exclusive......(oh wait....they never paid for that....according to you). Right. Do you realize that you make no sense at all?

Microsoft bought Bungie out of desparation. Halo was the ONLY game keeping the Xbox afloat and the thought of it going multi meant absolute doom for MS's gaming division. I'm not saying it was the wrong move, but its not something they can do alot of. How is buying developers and paying for exclusives a good long term strategy? Sony never paid for a GTA exclusive. You show some EVIDENCE that they paid for it (and I"m not talking about cutting licensing fees, I'm talking about actually PAYING for an exclusivity contract).

Umm......are you kidding? This was the most important 'secured' exclusive last generation. Here is one of a million stories on the contract...... http://xbox.ign.com/articles/421/421504p1.html Still....if you DIDN'T know there was a contract just from what happpened it shows why you have such a bad misunderstanding of how this stuff works. Your arguments make no sense at all.
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 longhorn7
[QUOTE="Hulabaloza"][QUOTE="longhorn7"] mgs4 will stay exclusive because kojima has even stated that he will never port a game again because he did not like the last xbox port of mgs that ws made and that only the ps3 can run the octacam which is a major gameplay element. he has a ton of pull in konami too so his word is basically final on that aspect. also the fact that it takes up almost 50 gigs of br disc space. we will see about ffxiii, it would be odd for them to go with the 360 seeing as though their main target is the japanese audience and the japanese audience hates the 360. If capcom did not sign DMC until christmas there is no way that there would be a simultaneous release. the ps3 version has been in developement for quite a long time now, and theres no way they just threw together another version of the game in a different programming style in liss than 6 months.

Kojima has no say. All the say goes to the bottom line - where it will make the most money. Where it will make sure the series is still a big hit. They are not going to take losses to put it out on the PS3. They are not even going to give up 10's of millions to put it on the PS3. They only way it could possibly be exclusive to the PS3 this generation is if Sony pays many millions to make that happen. Even then, it would weaken the brand to be only on the #3 console. Time will tell, but it's a safe bet that MGS4 will wind up on the 360 sooner or later.

you do realize that the game is being made by Kojima studios, and that kojima was also the vp of konami before that. kojima is konami. they would never take major gameplay elements out of the game just to port it. it would diminish the quality of the product which would in turn get crap reviews and not sell. your logic is extremely flawed there. They are not taking losses by putting the game out on the ps3. right not there is about 2.7 million ps3 owners-many of which have been waiting for this game for a long time. by the time mgs4 comes out ps3 will have sold at least 6 million(unless of course they surprise us with a summer release then i would say around 4 or 5 mil). Not only that but there are quite few people waiting to buy a ps3 just for this game. It would easily sell a million copies. you seem to not know the impact of kojima in konami, or even the impact of mgs on the gaming industry...