Call of Duty 4 - Just me or was this part hard....

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

linktheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 linktheworld
Member since 2006 • 679 Posts

The part where you are by a farris wheel and you are trying to not die till thechopper comes to pick you and your other guy that has a hurt leg. There are like 100 guys or more that are coming after you and the chopper takes forever to get to you, then while you are running to the to the chopper you are getting shot at.

My questions are....did anyone else find this part hard? Is this the hardest part in the game? Because I died like 20 times already.

Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
Yah i really struggled there, playing on hard. If say that it was the hardest part of the game. I bet it by hiding behind some wall and just stayed there. Would just peek and shoot long enough for the chooper to come.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
Not really. As soon as I dropped him, I ran and got Claymores down before they all came. Just stay low with whatever cover possible and shoot. Make your shots count. When the chopper comes, don't run to it right away, shoot some guys first and let the support get some shots in too before you make your dash. I got it on the first try, probley cause I anticipated what was comming.
gwf123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gwf123
Member since 2007 • 411 Posts
lol i got passed that on my 2nd try , it was hard indeed but there is a lil wall on the left and i crouched under there and who ever came by i poped , that made it easyer 2 , another hard part is at the end in the hallway that got me frustrated
dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts

The part where you are by a farris wheel and you are trying to not die till thechopper comes to pick you and your other guy that has a hurt leg. There are like 100 guys or more that are coming after you and the chopper takes forever to get to you, then while you are running to the to the chopper you are getting shot at.

My questions are....did anyone else find this part hard? Is this the hardest part in the game? Because I died like 20 times already.

linktheworld

to put it inbetter words

that part was a pain in the ass

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zeforgotten
Member since 2006 • 3918 Posts
[QUOTE="linktheworld"]

dstryr13

to put it inbetter words

Well said. lol

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
I didn't think it was that bad honostly. The only part in the game I did find difficult is when your clearing those houses as SAS looking for whats his name. I'm really talking about one house in particular though.
stu_godd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 stu_godd
Member since 2006 • 538 Posts

i did it on hard,and yeah it was hard!! i hid round the back of the dodgems on the right cuz then they cant flank you

but thank **** you didnt neet to protect the sniper dude!!:)

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts
[QUOTE="dstryr13"][QUOTE="linktheworld"]

zeforgotten

to put it inbetter words

Well said. lol

Ditto

legofan712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 legofan712
Member since 2005 • 664 Posts
Man, that level built up ALOT of tension but I beat it without dying on medium difficulty or is it normal?
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
That part was very hard but it was so entertaining... I think that's like the first time I don't being stuck. lol. :P
rahul_batta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rahul_batta
Member since 2004 • 1363 Posts
omg I HATED THAT LEVEL... It was so hard, but i'm glad i finally got though it and had some fun doing it.
poomonger613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 poomonger613
Member since 2006 • 1331 Posts
lol why does everyone hate this level? I loved it, that one particular part is my fav, I only died like 5 times when I beat it on veteran. The hardest part of the game was towards the end when you just got underground and you have to reach the control room. On veteran there are no check-points between the time you get out of the vents to the time you get through the blast door, needless to say that part was three-and-a-half-(plural derogattory female noun) 2 days to beat
linktheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 linktheworld

wow 2 days to beat! I am not looking forward to that!

poomonger613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 poomonger613

wow 2 days to beat! I am not looking forward to that!

linktheworld
well maybey a day and a half I actually died so many times that it actually started doing the check points, then I beat it
babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts
That's the hardest part of the game. I found it helpful to camp to the right of the ferris wheel.
Chrome_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chrome_Demon
Member since 2006 • 190 Posts

I have it for 360, I also own a PS3 but I bought it on Xbox... and yes, the second I read the words "Feris Wheel" my head started boiling. I was stuck on that part for like 3 days, and I think I almost threw my controller through the screen once.. I restrained myself though...

I WAS playing on Veteran... but AGH was that part hard? YES!!!

Chrome_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chrome_Demon
Member since 2006 • 190 Posts

I didn't think it was that bad honostly. The only part in the game I did find difficult is when your clearing those houses as SAS looking for whats his name. I'm really talking about one house in particular though.
ninjaxams

Lemme guess... House on the left? That was the hardest for me....

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

yeah it was annoying. took me a while to get passed that on veteran. i got tired of sniping so i got up close, that way was easier. juts ran up to choppers and picked them off as they were linning down, then ran for cover killed the onescoming for me. the key for was to take out the immediate threats, it's not like there's an end to them.

i think i got killed 6 times before i switched to the new strategy

highvolts12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 highvolts12
Member since 2003 • 460 Posts

That was probably the hardest part but getting stuck there for a couple days thats crazy. I beat the game in 5 hours and probably played half and half on those two days. Very short but very intense.

Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Col_Swamp
Member since 2006 • 937 Posts
i beat it on my 2nd try. basically i used the claymores to protect my flanks as I sniped. I stayed by the other dude pretty much the entire time until I needed to plant more claymores on my flanks.
PDragon_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PDragon_1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I beat it on what ever the hardest setting is on my first try. I just set up all the claymores around the fence area. then threw down all the C4 right where the first wave comes from, by doing this you can pratically kill them all at once. as the second wave comes keep an eye out for the guys comming from were you get the Intell/computer. these are the guys that will sneak up onyou and kill you if you aren't paying attention. then one the helos come go to one of them and kill the guys coming down the zip lines. after their died book it to the other helio and kill the guys coming down the ropes. You can actually shoot the back of the Helicopters and get most of the guys if you have a light machine gun. then just sit back and wait till your helicopter comes. once it gets there wait a few seconds cause their will be friendlys that will get out who will give you some support and will allow you to carry the idiot you got himself hit by a heliocopter right after he shot it down. But first look around the area to see if their are any enemies around also when your carrying the guykeep an eye on those damn cars that tend to explode once you walk by them.I shot them before i picked up the guy so they would explode beforeI went by them. Good Luck. Oh and during most of the battle i was lying prone on top of the stairs that go up to the farriswheel.

PSN: PDragon

deebo_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deebo_x
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts

Not really. As soon as I dropped him, I ran and got Claymores down before they all came. Just stay low with whatever cover possible and shoot. Make your shots count. When the chopper comes, don't run to it right away, shoot some guys first and let the support get some shots in too before you make your dash. I got it on the first try, probley cause I anticipated what was comming.
Denji

I did the same thing and got past it on my first time as well. I laid the claymores and whipped out my sniper rifle and started picking the enemy off. Before heading the helicopter thin the enemy ranks first.

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts
I loved that part! Brushed up on my headshots. But yea, it was tricky, hardest part for me actually wasconserving ammo.
linktheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 linktheworld

ok cool - thanks to everyone for sharing!

Now if everyone would take a break from playing this and come rob a bank with me on Kane and Lynch multiplayer then that would be great! haha

leadlefthand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 leadlefthand
Member since 2007 • 284 Posts
Yup, that level was difficult. I find it the most difficult part of the game.But somehow, it's also my favorite. I guess it's because I find the flashback sequence to be the best looking part of te game (alongside the nuclear explosion). Those levels to me are more consistently photorealistic anywhere you look compared to the other levels in the game. Shooting down the chopper that eventually injures Capt. Macmillan looked 'WOW!!!'.
alberto2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 alberto2045
Member since 2005 • 1591 Posts
am going to get it soo n so ill be able to tell you
DEWMAN08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 DEWMAN08
Member since 2006 • 2145 Posts
Its hard, but just get into a corner and keep shooting.
delta426

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 delta426
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
my favorite, but defineitly hardest. some guys talkin about beating it there first or second try, well it really matters what your difficulty is. i beat it on hard but it took me atleast an hour to finaly get past it. it is probably the most fun level though (specialy when you shoot that guys arm off).
P.S. the epilogue is awesome to ( on the plane)
Avatar image for Da_IceCream_Man
Da_IceCream_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Da_IceCream_Man
Member since 2007 • 208 Posts

Yeah that level was kind of hard because the guy with the messed up leg couldn't shoot for S**T and that pissed me off but i still got passed it because i let people come to me instead of me wasting my bullets!:D

PSN ID:The_IceCream_Man(Everywhere we go we ball on 'em):o

Avatar image for Da_IceCream_Man
Da_IceCream_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Da_IceCream_Man
Member since 2007 • 208 Posts

"I party like a rockstar but i am not in a rock band because i sit tall while i ball.

They taking pictures everytime they geta chance"-Sean Paul of the YoungBloods;)

djHaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 djHaQ
Member since 2005 • 1872 Posts
One Shot, One Kill was pretty tough. I played through the game on regular, and that was my hardest mission. A lot of people are considering Mile High Club as the hardest mission... on veteran.
gtarmanrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 gtarmanrob
Member since 2006 • 1206 Posts

linktheworld

lol i have this game on PC and seriously was about to put my foot through the computer over this part. the game recommended i play on HARDENED, so im like ok no worries i'll take it on.

**** that bit, i finally past it. want my advice? to the right of the ferris wheel (if your facing towards the oncoming enemies) theres this brown stand thing, i think its bumper cars.

set up some proxy mines around the ferris wheel, some C4 there too and on the cars near the fence where the enemies come through, then sit BEHIND the bumper car stand and just wait, you'll get flashed and naded but keep on your toes and try grab an automatic rifle, **** the sniper rifle after the choppers drop off more enemies. things get stupidly intense.

that was for hardened anyway. my mate did it no normal and didnt have tooooo much of a struggle.

hashimgillani1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#34 hashimgillani1
Member since 2004 • 1495 Posts

it was tense not nessecarily hard, i think i died 2 times cause i through a grenade aganist this ticket office and it rebouded at my feet, it was a good level though especially that assasination part

wallpaper42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wallpaper42
Member since 2005 • 4127 Posts
Yup, everybody agrees that's the hardest part in the game.
yungswift44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 yungswift44
Member since 2003 • 1614 Posts
yea i played hat part on the 2nd to hardest difficulty...after a whle i figured out that i do pretty well hiding behind the bumper car area and stole the enemies weapons...then i passed it
poomonger613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 poomonger613
One Shot, One Kill was pretty tough. I played through the game on regular, and that was my hardest mission. A lot of people are considering Mile High Club as the hardest mission... on veteran.djHaQ
you mean the level after the credits thats on the plane right? Cause beating that on veteran is near impossible save the vip in a minute my butt!!
CzarKingKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CzarKingKaiser
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
That level wouldn't be hard on Hard if it wasn't for the effing dogs. I'm just saying, in real life, I'd punch every dog in the face.
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 p2250
Member since 2003 • 1520 Posts
I found the best way to beat that part was to go to the right side of the faris wheel and go in that bumper car track thingy and fight the enemies from there.
Maverick128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Maverick128
Member since 2006 • 950 Posts

I thought it was pretty easy myself. Plant claymores at the entrances to the bumper cars and crouch down taking out whoever you want. I only got shot like 2 or 3 times because they kept hitting the bars. Beat it the first try.

EDIT: Damn, p2250 beat me to it.

EDIT #2: On further review of the thread, a LOT of people beat me to it.

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts

lol i got passed that on my 2nd try , it was hard indeed but there is a lil wall on the left and i crouched under there and who ever came by i poped , that made it easyer 2 , another hard part is at the end in the hallway that got me frustrated gwf123

I'm just guessing, but people are talking about veteran difficulty here. There's no way you could have beaten this part in only 2 tries in veteran.

Acidrain1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Acidrain1988
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts

all the ppl who are beating it on easy and normal, it dosnt count, were talking about hard here, and it was crazy....

I ended up useing a reall weird strat..... half way through when you get the check point i stood up and ran into the middle of the field and place a path of remote bombs from the middle, to the back. and ran behind where the terrorists spawn.

I let mcguin (that scottish guy), do all the work and I just hid in the back, once the hellicopter came i blew the remote bombs clearing a path in the hundreds of terrorists, ran into the helly, wated a couple seconds ran out grab the scottish guy then ran back into the hellicopter.

Thats the reason im never attempting veteran (w/e the hardest setting is)

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 zeforgotten
Member since 2006 • 3918 Posts

[QUOTE="gwf123"]lol i got passed that on my 2nd try , it was hard indeed but there is a lil wall on the left and i crouched under there and who ever came by i poped , that made it easyer 2 , another hard part is at the end in the hallway that got me frustrated gp19

I'm just guessing, but people are talking about veteran difficulty here. There's no way you could have beaten this part in only 2 tries in veteran.

Veteran is the only true difficulty. but Hard is freaking sick too :P

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts
wasnt very hard for me
Avatar image for de_geniale_mike
de_geniale_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 de_geniale_mike
Member since 2005 • 112 Posts

i did this on my first try

te hardest part is in the samee level wehn you in the field and you have to get across without a bazzilion enemies noticing you

i died like twenty times trying that part, its the best level in the game imo the atmosphere is very good

DX_HBK_HHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DX_HBK_HHH
Member since 2006 • 1452 Posts
This part was a pain in the ass it took me around 10 trys.
Creeping_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Creeping_Wolf
Member since 2006 • 3399 Posts

Weird....I didn't find it very difficult. I died once on Veteran.

Actual Pripyat ferris wheel:

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts

I loved that part! Brushed up on my headshots. But yea, it was tricky, hardest part for me actually wasconserving ammo.KamuiFei

Lol -- but yeah, I found conserving my ammo to be the hardest too. I was playing on Normal and just used an SMG. :P

b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts

I did this part on the third try. I set down the guy, set out claymores and set C4 around where the helicopter lands. I then hid behind the bumper car ride. The baddies could only come at you from one diretion and I'd shoot them with an AK-47 I picked up off the ground near the ferris wheel. When the helicopter arrived, I ran and grabbed the guy. Blew up the C4 charges to clear out the area and ran for the helicopter.

I beat the game on veteran on the 360. :)

gtarmanrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 gtarmanrob
Member since 2006 • 1206 Posts

[QUOTE="gwf123"]lol i got passed that on my 2nd try , it was hard indeed but there is a lil wall on the left and i crouched under there and who ever came by i poped , that made it easyer 2 , another hard part is at the end in the hallway that got me frustrated gp19

i did it on hardened. screw veteran lol...took my 10+ tries to nail it on hardened. and it kidna ruined the game experience for me, coz that level was awesome then at the end im like...as if this would even happen? and it was seriouisly too hard. i didnt enjoy one bit of it, just kept pushing until it was finally over.