deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

so how do you like it? is it better than Souls games? share some of your thoughts here. keep it short, or make a bigger rant. it's up to you.

Pros

• Visuals, obviously
  • Leveling system (not so much useless stats)
  • Trick weapons
  • Well balanced guns
  • Healing system
  • Weapon Upgrade system
  • Faster, evasion-based fighting

Cons

• SO FEW WEAPONS :'''''(((
  • No equipment drops from enemies
  • Can't respawn enemies without double-loadscreen
  • SO FEW SPELLS :''''((((
  • Need Insight to co-op, wich you'll lose upon connection problems, or when no players are found
  • Did i mention so few weapons?

liking the game, but the fact alone that there are so few weapons to choose from makes it feel much more arcade-y action game rather than RPG makes me so sad. the weapons that ARE included, are really cool though. i also miss hunting for rare equipment drops from enemies. i know most of the equipment in Souls were also more or less useless, but atleast it added variety. you were so thrilled to find new gear, even if you didn't use them. i sometimes used certain equipment just because of their appearence.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I rented the game on Monday, played it for a couple of hours and waited until Friday to return it ; definitely, RPGs are not my thing. I have to say that I enjoyed Castlevania immensely.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

I'm really enjoying the game...but four bosses in, and I really hope there's more variety in the later boss fights. I know that it's plot-mandated, but I'm sick of fighting giant wolves!

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

You can respawn enemies with Bold Hunter's Mark.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#5  Edited By Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

I thought the game was great, but it did have its faults. I agree the lack of equipment drops from enemies really sort of hurt, there is some sort of sadistic fun grinding out some rare drop.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

The game doesn't have many equipment options, a little bit of slowdown here and there. Really my only minor gripes with it.
Didn't feel the game was lacking spells, and the game gives away insight at every turn so had no problems with that.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Probably in my top 10 games ever but I think Dark Souls 1 was better in a way because it had more variety of play styles and equipment to find

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@Fairmonkey: Still gotta finish Demon's Souls and Dark Souls :P

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

I havent played Demon Souls and havent finished Dark Souls 1 but I have finished both Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 Sotfs I have to say I can't really compare the two. They are both spectacular and I've invested a lot of time in both of the two because they are that good.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

I was enjoying it until I hit an area with respawning enemies. Now I feel like the game wants me to rush through these locations...which I don't feel is particularly fun (especially in a game so focused on its combat and elaborately designed locations).

Maybe I'll go find other places to explore until I'm strong enough to smash through this area.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

I see Bloodbourne as the game to bring all the people that didn't play Demon's and Dark Souls into the fold. And the concessions they had to make to allow that are why I'm disappointed with it. That being said, it is basically the same game as all the rest...just switching more depth with better graphics. The level/world design is lacking, weapon variety is lacking, multiplayer is a pain, boss variety is eh, etc. It just feels like a beautiful but sub-par effort from a great series. I mean, I got the plats for demons and dark and they took me 100+ hours, and this would have only taken two more play throughs and I just don't want to do it. At least the other ones had stuff to do during your subsequent playings.

Still a good game, just didn't live up to my expectations of what they are capable of.