jlara1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 jlara1123
Member since 2020 • 2 Posts

Hi, I've only played sports games my whole life and I want to try and get into a shooter game. I like games with great story and scary would be fun too. I need something easy for a beginner as some of these shooter games seem overwhelming. Any suggestions?

Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
GettingonwithGamingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 GettingonwithGamingLife
Member since 2017 • 277 Posts

Well I mean if your looking for really good stories, then call of duty isn't exactly the shooting game your looking for. That said, I am trash at shooters and love playing other games like intense arpgs, platformers etc, so to be able to have a shooter that is easy to jump into is a god send. COD is not a story shooter, but some instalments do have decent campaigns. I particularly enjoy it because the controls are easy to pick up and there is local multiplayer in the older ones. This lets you play game modes against bots which gives good practice and just fun.

There is also the Uncharted Series, which are not exactly a fps shooter, but if your talking about all shooters then this is a fun cover shooter with a punchy and cheesy narrative that will make you feel like your in an Indiana Jones movie. You get pretty much some nice sequences to fight whilst also solving puzzles etc. Its an adventure game with shooter elements and was the first game I started playing on the PS4.

I done some research and found that for narrative purposes, Wolfenstien seems to have controls that are decent to pick up and apparently has a really good narrative. I have never played it but I have seem some gameplay and it looks immersive.

Guess I just thought I wanted to share based on my experience. Most games usually have like difficulty settings so you can pretty much pick up anything and start on the easier levels, then skill up to get better at the harder levels.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#3  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

I am not a huge player of FPS but I do like Borderlands 2. I suggest the Handsome Collection for a few dollars more.

The game is fairly easy but can also be challenging. You can replay sections so it’s good practice. I suggest playing as the guy with the fold out independent gun, he’s the easiest.

ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts

Grand Theft auto 5 . It has a nice story.

Ottyandthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ottyandthedj
Member since 2020 • 113 Posts

If you want a really good graphical shooter with story, maybe Resistance. It's a nice FPS series with a few surprises and an online mode. GTA V is really good, lots of menus but you get used to it.

FishinTheSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FishinTheSalt
Member since 2011 • 39 Posts

Destiny 2 is a lot of fun with good story and game mechanics.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I'm surprised nobody has suggested the Bioshock series. These seem like a good fit for someone who wants a shooter with story, great atmosphere, and a dash of scary

HankMulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HankMulder
Member since 2020 • 203 Posts

Bioshock is a great choice. If you don't like (gasp) the atmosphere of the first two Bioshock titles, try Bioshock Infitine.
It's really similar in gameplay but it's a different setting.

hexakhwab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hexakhwab
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

I’ve been playing games for the past year, but most of them have been very story-heavy and don’t rely on a lot of complicated gameplay to make it through, but i’m looking to switch it up. I see so many multiplayer clips and it looks like a fun way to make friends https://xender.vip/ , so I want to give it a shot?

Like I said, I have no experience with fast-paces or complicated mechanics, so I was hoping someone could suggest one that wasn’t too difficult.

Any recs?