Best PS3 Game Of All Time?

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#101 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts
MGS4
TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#102 TrevCubsOr21
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts
MGS4
itwiz90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#103 itwiz90
Member since 2003 • 3037 Posts

To me the system hasn't been out long enough for a rating of thing type and there are games that haven't been seen or played yet. To date the best game is MGS4 for content, storyline, graphics and gameplay.

ShowStopper102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 ShowStopper102
Member since 2007 • 12382 Posts
[QUOTE="ShowStopper102"][QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"][QUOTE="ShowStopper102"][QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"]

[QUOTE="ShowStopper102"]Well then, 4/4 answers say it's MGS4. I guess I'm buying this game. roflcopter.The_Pig_Hostage

Wow, you mean you haven't already? Have you played the previous MGS games?

Nope, which is part of the reason why I didn't buy this one. Some people said I wouldn't enjoy it. Or understand the story.

It's true that most of the story will go over your head if you haven't played the previous games, but you'll still enjoy it, I'm sure. However, you REALLY should play the previous games first. Not only are they great, but if you play MGS4 without having played those, you'll miss out on some of the emotional weight of the story.

If you're not willing to play the old ones though, you should definitely brief yourself on the story in some way. There's wikipedia, obviously, but Gametrailers.com actually has a very good video retrospective of the series.

See, I was thinking about playing them, I'd like to. But say for example MGS1, wouldn't that be on PS2? I have a 40GB PS3, with no backwards compatability, and no PS2, so I'm not sure how I would play it. But I think it would be smart like you suggested for me to get filled in on the story. I'll check out Gametrailers right now.

MGS1 is a PS1 game, so you can still play it on your 40gb. You really should at least play that one - I'd say it's referenced more than any other game in the series. Plus, it's pretty short, so it wouldn't take you long before getting to MGS4.

Really, wow, I didn't know it could play on my system. Thanks for telling me, and for all the help you've given. God bless:)

ShowStopper102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 ShowStopper102

To me the system hasn't been out long enough for a rating of thing type and there are games that haven't been seen or played yet. To date the best game is MGS4 for content, storyline, graphics and gameplay.

itwiz90

I agree, I shouldn't have said "of all time." That was a mistake on my part. There are many better games coming out in the future. I'm pumped :D

Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"][QUOTE="ShowStopper102"][QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"][QUOTE="ShowStopper102"][QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"]

[QUOTE="ShowStopper102"]Well then, 4/4 answers say it's MGS4. I guess I'm buying this game. roflcopter.ShowStopper102

Nope, which is part of the reason why I didn't buy this one. Some people said I wouldn't enjoy it. Or understand the story.

It's true that most of the story will go over your head if you haven't played the previous games, but you'll still enjoy it, I'm sure. However, you REALLY should play the previous games first. Not only are they great, but if you play MGS4 without having played those, you'll miss out on some of the emotional weight of the story.

If you're not willing to play the old ones though, you should definitely brief yourself on the story in some way. There's wikipedia, obviously, but Gametrailers.com actually has a very good video retrospective of the series.

See, I was thinking about playing them, I'd like to. But say for example MGS1, wouldn't that be on PS2? I have a 40GB PS3, with no backwards compatability, and no PS2, so I'm not sure how I would play it. But I think it would be smart like you suggested for me to get filled in on the story. I'll check out Gametrailers right now.

MGS1 is a PS1 game, so you can still play it on your 40gb. You really should at least play that one - I'd say it's referenced more than any other game in the series. Plus, it's pretty short, so it wouldn't take you long before getting to MGS4.

Really, wow, I didn't know it could play on my system. Thanks for telling me, and for all the help you've given. God bless:)

No problem. Just to be clear though, you CAN'T play MGS 2 and 3 on your system (which is a real shame), I'm only talking about MGS1 here. Hopefully you'll get a chance to play 2 and 3 at some point - they're incredible games that no gamer should miss out on.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I dont think you can use the phrase "of all time" because there is much life left and all time includes the future. But the best game available is MGS4.
ShowStopper102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 ShowStopper102
[QUOTE="ShowStopper102"][QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"][QUOTE="ShowStopper102"][QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"][QUOTE="ShowStopper102"][QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"]

[QUOTE="ShowStopper102"]Well then, 4/4 answers say it's MGS4. I guess I'm buying this game. roflcopter.The_Pig_Hostage

No problem. Just to be clear though, you CAN'T play MGS 2 and 3 on your system (which is a real shame), I'm only talking about MGS1 here. Hopefully you'll get a chance to play 2 and 3 at some point - they're incredible games that no gamer should miss out on.

Alright. Eventually, it might happen. If not, then I might get caught up on the story some other way. Either way, thank you.

ShowStopper102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 ShowStopper102

I dont think you can use the phrase "of all time" because there is much life left and all time includes the future. But the best game available is MGS4.wooooode

Very true, I realize now that there's no possible way to name the best game of "all time" but of "today's time" would be more accurate.