Batman Arkham Assylum looks cool but doesnt play as cool....

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LORDDICE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LORDDICE1
Member since 2007 • 1263 Posts

Every time I have seen footage of this game it looks amazing and a lot of fun. After playing the demo there are some things that are really dissapointing.

1) The game does most of the cool fight stuff for you. As in you tap one button and then you watch batman do the rest. The combo system is so easy that all you have to dois tap sqaure and every once in a while a triangle.

2) Investigation mode is to simple. Batman can see through walls and every secret lights up plain as day without even having to search for it.

3) Swinging through the rafters is all done for you. Just look a certain direction and hit R1 and the game does the rest.

4) It looks like this game could be very repetitive.

5) The game feels way to easy and will not be much of a challenge

6) It carries a Teen rating :(!!! This would be such an awesome game to make mature and really make it a DARK batman game.

Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#2 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts
What is it with all these complaints about a T raiting? It's like saying Prototype is better then InFamous because it has more blood and we all now how stupid that argument is.
OrangeCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 OrangeCrowbar
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

While I agree the combat is simple I think it's pretty rewarding at the same time - Batman doesn't struggle when it comes to goons like the ones in the demo, so why should he? I'm sure combat will become harder as the game goes on, like with bosses and stuff, but it'd take away from the realism of the Batman theme if he struggled to take down those in the demo.

When it comes to the parts where you can hide on the gargoyles, I think you are missing the point slightly. It's not an adventure game, it's a stealth game. How you didn't see that in the gameplay videos I don't understand. It's more about who you will take out, when and how, rather then how you will climb to the next area or explore the next part of the asylum.

CannedWorms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#4 CannedWorms
Member since 2009 • 3381 Posts

I agree. But there will be difficulty options. Personally I love the demo and going to pre-order the CE sooner or later.

Edit: Great post Crowbar.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
Your #1 complaint seems ironic considering that in God Of War you press a button as well to perform the cool moves. :)

Every time I have seen footage of this game it looks amazing and a lot of fun. After playing the demo there are some things that are really dissapointing.

1) The game does most of the cool fight stuff for you. As in you tap one button and then you watch batman do the rest. The combo system is so easy that all you have to dois tap sqaure and every once in a while a triangle.

2) Investigation mode is to simple. Batman can see through walls and every secret lights up plain as day without even having to search for it.

3) Swinging through the rafters is all done for you. Just look a certain direction and hit R1 and the game does the rest.

6) It carries a Teen rating :(!!! This would be such an awesome game to make mature and really make it a DARK batman game.

LORDDICE1
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

I do agree TC, with the rest of your suggestions. wish it was a mature Dark Knight game, the way it's meant to be. maybe one day they'll get it right...

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

What is it with all these complaints about a T raiting? It's like saying Prototype is better then InFamous because it has more blood and we all now how stupid that argument is.Rhen_Var

Funny you mention that. I actually was arguing with a guy who said Prototype was way better and one of his main points was because Infamous didn't have as much blood

LORDDICE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LORDDICE1
the point is this game is supposed to be dark. Have you ever read a mature batman comic? They are way better then the teen ones for a reason. They can not do certain things and keep it teen obviously.
What is it with all these complaints about a T raiting? It's like saying Prototype is better then InFamous because it has more blood and we all now how stupid that argument is.Rhen_Var
CannedWorms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CannedWorms

I do agree TC, with the rest of your suggestions. wish it was a mature Dark Knight game, the way it's meant to be. maybe one day they'll get it right...

feryl06
A Dark Knight game?:lol: Yeah right. Then there will be no Mark Hamill, limited characters and it just would crap in general.
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts

sucks to be you man!!!.....im immensely enjoying the demo. August 28th i can wait.

LORDDICE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LORDDICE1
I am not talking about quick time events, but every single fight piece. There are no real sattisfying combos. If you played the demo you would know what I am talking about. This game feels more like you are watching then playing. God Of War btw is horrible to compare to considering the GOW series is on a whole nother level then this game. [QUOTE="feryl06"]Your #1 complaint seems ironic considering that in God Of War you press a button as well to perform the cool moves. :) [QUOTE="LORDDICE1"]

LORDDICE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LORDDICE1
I will still be picking it up, just dissapointed that it wont be as good of a game as it seemed. Heres hoping they make another Batman, learning from these mistakes and make it DARKER!!! Also I gaurantee the points I am making will show up in the official reviews!
sucks to be you man!!! finding flaws and stuff.....im immensely enjoying the demo. August 28th i can wait. ReaperV7
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
disagree, disagree, yes but having it more open lets say can make for confusing camera angles and glitches, disagree meh, disagree.
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

The combat is my main complaint with it. I wasn't expecting some super-deep combat system, but I didn't think it would be just button mashing. I do like the detective mode, though, and the graphics are pretty good IMO, especially the character models in the cutscenes. They look fantastic.

Almost everyone has been singing this game's praises, saying how awesome it is, but I'm just not seeing it. To each their own, though.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

It looks cool and plays cool. Hell, it's just plain ol' cool!

CannedWorms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CannedWorms

No, the combat is not deep, but the finishers look great.:D

Has this game gone gold yet?

LURCH87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 LURCH87
Member since 2008 • 1375 Posts

great out of all the days for my ps3 to get corrupt

luckily i had some of it backed up

restoring takes forever

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#18 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
Addressing 1. What do you want with two attack buttons and a counter button? The game has a simple combo system and adds a finishing flare 2. Yeah, because he's batman and has the tech to see through walls. It's Batman, who do you think is going to have the advantage? Him or some thugs? 3. Its done for you because getting in the rafters is meant to get away and hide quick. If you screw up and swing into a wall it is just annoying and stupid, so they took away the possibility of screwing up due to it being possibly annoying. 4. What game isn't repetitive? Every game can be called repetitive. 5. The demo was on "easy" difficulty. 6. There was no way that a character as popular as Batman would be given an M rating, possibly alienating younger fans and their parents.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
I couldn't disagree with you more, TC.
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts
I just beat the demo. Its way too easy. One hit take outs are ok for the stealthy sections but in the beat em up fights its just mash Square til bored, circle if you're feeling saucy, and triangle when I wait for the enemies to attack me because it looks cooler that way. I won't discredit the entire game yet but I wasn't awed by it either.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Whoa, Its rated T!? Sweet, why does Batman need an M rating anyway? Batman doesn't kill anyone remember.

Tony2519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tony2519
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts

sucks to be you man!!!.....im immensely enjoying the demo. August 28th i can wait.

ReaperV7
im with you... I really enjoyed the demo
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
Mines on 15% at the moment, downloading, but I'm looking forward to it. If its as easy as you all say. I'll wait to find out how the real game differs in terms of difficulty and variety, first.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

I absolutely loved everything about the demo, in fact I'm gonna pre order as soon as I can. I thought everything felt like that's the way Batman would do it, the hits felt heavy but technical. Launch day buy for me:D

Besides it's pretty dark right now, I have no complaints about it really what so ever.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

I couldn't disagree with you more, TC.Doolz2024
yea i disagree with u as well TC, but hey its ur opinion and i respect it but not everyone sees it that way. ok first of all, combos arent that bad, the last HIT the last button of the combo u press to finish the combo off shows u alil animation of wat batman does. and why would batman have to struggle? the only ppl or enemies gave batman hard time was boss, like joker, or bain croc man ppl like that, those reg enemies that batman faced in the demo should of been easy for him. if they made him struggle to fight them then the game would of been alil 'meh' cuz come on its batman. oh and im pretty sure the demo is on easy.

anyways if u dont like it thats fine. ull be the one missin out on the a fun and good game. me on the other hand loved the game, and i went out today and cahnged my pre-order to CE and i dont regret it matter fact the demo made me go and do that lol. the game is fun, graphics are nice, controls are smooth(well was for me at least) and loved the combos and how batman snaps or breaks someones jaw or arm or leg. maybe rent the game when its out and change the difficulty and just MAYBE you might reconsider the game

P.S theres a reason for it being T rating, it will atracted more audiance and it doesnt mean it will be bad. there were few things that was kinda hard core, i seen videos were harley Q. with very short skirt and u could almost see her buns, batman breakin bones left and right. now i agree M rating might have been good and wat not, but it wont attract alot of pl to it. why? cuz only ppl over the age of 18 or even 21!! have to get it. wat about a 15 year old who loves batman and his mom says no its rated M. then they lose sales and wat not and wont make another awesome batman game like A.A is to be

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#26 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts

I think the stealth is great. The combat... not so much. It's veryshallow and repetitive.

The graphics actually didn't look that good either. Not so sound nit-picky, but the lighting is a little off, the anti-aliasing it pretty poor, environment textures are low resolution, and some of the lesser characters you talk to look flat out ugly. Their textures are bad, they look hollow, their animation is stiff and the lip-syncing is off.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]I couldn't disagree with you more, TC.JoKeR_421
yea i disagree with u as well, but hey its ur opinion and i respect it but not everyone sees it that way. ok first of all, combos arent that bad, the last HIT the last button of the combo u press to finish the combo off shows u alil animation of wat batman does. and why would batman have to struggle? the only ppl or enemies gave batman hard time was boss, like joker, or bain croc man ppl like that, those reg enemies that batman faced in the demo should of been easy for him. if they made him struggle to fight them then the game would of been alil 'meh' cuz come on its batman. oh and im pretty sure the demo is on easy. anyways if u dont like it thats fine. ull be the one missin out on the a fun and good game. me on the other hand loved the game, and i went out today and cahnged my pre-order to CE and i dont regret it matter fact the demo made me go and do that lol. the game is fun, graphics are nice, controls are smooth(well was for me at least) and loved the combos and how batman snaps or breaks someones jaw or arm or leg. maybe rent the game when its out and change the difficulty and just MAYBE you might reconsider the game

Also it's not all that easy. If the enemies have guns you need to take them out one by one or else you will die. When they're just unarmed, it's easy but that's the beauty of the game is figuring out the best way to take out 6-7 guys all packing assault rifles.

yoda4ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 yoda4ps3
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts

Whoa, Its rated T!? Sweet, why does Batman need an M rating anyway? Batman doesn't kill anyone remember.

Zidaneski

EXACTLY yeah some of the crimes and stuff in batman would be cool if mature but honestly, the dark night is a dark figure but not mature on the level of god of war

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

I have no issues with the game thus far.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"][QUOTE="Doolz2024"]I couldn't disagree with you more, TC.anime_gamer007

yea i disagree with u as well, but hey its ur opinion and i respect it but not everyone sees it that way. ok first of all, combos arent that bad, the last HIT the last button of the combo u press to finish the combo off shows u alil animation of wat batman does. and why would batman have to struggle? the only ppl or enemies gave batman hard time was boss, like joker, or bain croc man ppl like that, those reg enemies that batman faced in the demo should of been easy for him. if they made him struggle to fight them then the game would of been alil 'meh' cuz come on its batman. oh and im pretty sure the demo is on easy. anyways if u dont like it thats fine. ull be the one missin out on the a fun and good game. me on the other hand loved the game, and i went out today and cahnged my pre-order to CE and i dont regret it matter fact the demo made me go and do that lol. the game is fun, graphics are nice, controls are smooth(well was for me at least) and loved the combos and how batman snaps or breaks someones jaw or arm or leg. maybe rent the game when its out and change the difficulty and just MAYBE you might reconsider the game

Also it's not all that easy. If the enemies have guns you need to take them out one by one or else you will die. When they're just unarmed, it's easy but that's the beauty of the game is figuring out the best way to take out 6-7 guys all packing assault rifles.

i know the enemies arent that easy, honestly its alot of fun figuring out how to take 6-7 guys and i played the demo 6 times almost im my 7th try.

Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts
the point is this game is supposed to be dark. Have you ever read a mature batman comic? They are way better then the teen ones for a reason. They can not do certain things and keep it teen obviously. [QUOTE="Rhen_Var"]What is it with all these complaints about a T raiting? It's like saying Prototype is better then InFamous because it has more blood and we all now how stupid that argument is.LORDDICE1

it well be rated "T" for teens, if you know about DC they never kill anyone.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
[QUOTE="LORDDICE1"]the point is this game is supposed to be dark. Have you ever read a mature batman comic? They are way better then the teen ones for a reason. They can not do certain things and keep it teen obviously. [QUOTE="Rhen_Var"]What is it with all these complaints about a T raiting? It's like saying Prototype is better then InFamous because it has more blood and we all now how stupid that argument is.Javieralijandro

Lies! People have been knocked off in dc.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Meh, this game always looked mediocre, I never hyped it.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JoKeR_421
[QUOTE="Javieralijandro"][QUOTE="LORDDICE1"]MusashiSensi

Lies! People have been knocked off in dc.

that is kinda true, didnt doomsday murder half of the justice league lol
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Javieralijandro
[QUOTE="Javieralijandro"][QUOTE="LORDDICE1"]MusashiSensi

im talking about the heroes, they never kill anyone. Lies! People have been knocked off in dc.

Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Javieralijandro
unlike marvel who murders the enemys aka x-men
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
I agree that it was likely on easy mode and really if they sent like 15 goons at once even unarmed that would be tough to fight and cool to watch. Also in the game you should be able to upgrade your equipment from how much damage you can take (suit), to getting explosive gel, to getting better batarangs. Maybe he can even learn new moves as well.
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

I think the stealth is great. The combat... not so much. It's veryshallow and repetitive.

The graphics actually didn't look that good either. Not so sound nit-picky, but the lighting is a little off, the anti-aliasing it pretty poor, environment textures are low resolution, and some of the lesser characters you talk to look flat out ugly. Their textures are bad, they look hollow, their animation is stiff and the lip-syncing is off.

Tikicobra

Everything that you asid is true, other then the stealth being great.. But you also forgot about how horrible the camera is, voice acting is poor, lame storyline, detective vision/mode is overpowered, etc.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

well i quit the demo early, on the account i liked it and knew i was getting it.. every game is repetitive so that isn't even a concern.. i'm sure like stated before me different difficulty levels and further in the game will be harder enemies (thought thats common sense but restated anyways).. take Ninja Gaiden Sigma that was a cakewalk on easy mode but on the hardest difficulty was quite nice.. Plus demos suck at doing games justice, so if you remotely liked it there is a huge chance you will like the real game..

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kurushio
The camera could be a better. When you sneak it gets alot better but it usually didnt interfere too much with the gameplay.
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 vegetattack15
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts

I thought this was the best demo I've seen for a while on PSN. It gives you a little taste of all the things to come, and really shows off the graphics, which are really fantastic. I really want to play this game now, wasn't very excited before.

This is coming from a person who detests Batman as a superhero.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kurushio
Kevin's voice work is awesome in the game. I with Mark sounded like his old Joker though. Its still the best but i feel like he is a little off from how he sounded in BTAS. The demo is pretty decent but the best demo ever as far as im concerned is Infamous.
Dacveo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Dacveo
Member since 2009 • 219 Posts
"Assylum" really?
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 vegetattack15

Gamespot, not spellspot.

Dacveo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dacveo
Member since 2009 • 219 Posts
i was referring to the "ass" part of it, not the misspelling
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I forgot to install it after I downloaded the demo, I'll give it a go tomorrow.
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 vegetattack15

In that case, teehee.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#48 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
[QUOTE="Rhen_Var"]What is it with all these complaints about a T raiting? It's like saying Prototype is better then InFamous because it has more blood and we all now how stupid that argument is.

Lmao >_
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

i was referring to the "ass" part of it, not the misspellingDacveo

:lol: I didn't notice..

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#50 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

I mean i hear a HEAVY hype of the game...it sounded so hott to the point that they made it seem as if somehow a Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe moment was about to happen again accept Batman was going to be soo kool that him and Kratos was going to be in a Co-Op game called God & Gotham.. But anywhoo... I went to the store to buy Fallout 3 & GTA IV and Pre-Order COD:MW2:PE...(leave me alone i was bored that day...lol) So I was relaxing and i was watching the gamestop thing on Pre order the 100.00 batman and it comes with a batarang and etc etc and it comes with a extra downloading patch...so im like damn is batman on his splinter cell sh*t or what ? They did make this game sound like it was going to be rated M witn money cars clothes hoes....(i suppose...lol) and when i read the Game informer last year i think after a month after Dark Knight came out i was like damn these images...They made so much money off of Dark Knight they were going to hit em with a major Batman joint....I really am leaning back and probably going to Pre order this either way but im really trying to place my bets on if this game is a major hottie or not.....Uncharted2,Demons Souls,and COD:MW2:PE. Are already on my Quarter 4 list...but Batman...hmmm idk...?

COD:MW@E.....(lol smiley face lol)
and BTW: I have a Cuzzin who hates games like....games period like the hotties Fallout 3,and etc...he only plays Madden,NBA,and Fight Night (and infamous and a couples but u kno..) but he told me when he played Batman Arkham Asylum it was retarded hott....but idk....im feeling a good vibe from it though.....