Are you proud of you PS library?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Do you have all the games you want? Have you kept all your games? Do you trade them in? Are you overall proud to have the games you do have?

hellangel_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By hellangel_boy
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts

I usually don't trade in my games. I haven't got all the games I want, yet. I like many games of my library, and like to keep them to be able to get back to the games I like, though ,honestly, lots of multiplayer-focused games lose their value after their time passes.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Currently yes I am proud of the games I have. I do plan on getting some more ps3 games that I missed out on. Also some vita games.

Before I use to trade a lot of my games in and regret it down the road, so now im starting to build a collection and keep everything.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

I am proud of my library of PS3 games. I have 19 instant games, 45 digital games and 56 disc games. However, there are plenty of these games on my backlog list that I haven't played yet. There is simply way too many games to keep up with. I want to cut down on my PS3 backlog list before I get a PS4.

I haven't kept all of my games. I sold some games on ebay that I didn't like or didn't see myself playing again.

I would never trade them in because you get so little value back. It is much better to just sell on ebay even with their rates.

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Puggy301
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

I still have all of my PS1 (43), PS2 (57) and PS3 (38) games (not including digital games I've bought or downloaded for free on PSN). I've never traded in a game and never will. You never know when you might get gripped by nostalgia and want to play an old game.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_Last_Ride

@marcheegsr said:

Currently yes I am proud of the games I have. I do plan on getting some more ps3 games that I missed out on. Also some vita games.

Before I use to trade a lot of my games in and regret it down the road, so now im starting to build a collection and keep everything.

Same here, i am really trying to catch up on the games i missed from Sony this gen. I didn't get my PS3 until 2012. So i have a lot of games to explore and play. I try to collect the games as much as i can

Skyz_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Skyz_
Member since 2014 • 56 Posts

I have an okay collection, but I want more... There have been so many games that I've missed out on and I've been trying to get around to playing, but it's just hard to find the time.

I keep all of my games, I've let friends borrow a few though. Been waiting on them for a few years so I doubt I'll get them back :P

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#8 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

It's a decent collection. I've played about 100 games or so, including PSN titles and throwing in Vita games. I only own about 60-70, many of which I didn't pay full price for. But yeah, this collection of game far surpasses my collections for any other system I've owned.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Last_Ride

Glad i am not the only one wanting more games in my collection for the PS3 or overall Sony games

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm not proud of my game collection. I'm happy I'm able to have a game collection. Video gaming can be an expensive habit, so I'm fortunate to be able to buy the games I want and still be somewhat secure financially.

But for the most part I have all the games I want.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I usually trade in my games after I'm done beating them but since gen 7 is over I've been re collecting games for my library.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

Had to check trophies: Of the 225 games I have played across all PlayStation platforms(PS3, PSP, VITA, PS4), I have finished the campaign in 105 of those games(I did not include a lot of the games that are arcade/PSN games without a true campaign in that 105). Not all of the sizable games were on disc, some were PSP games without trophies, some were rented via gamefly/redbox and others were sold back for in-store credit/pre-orders.

After all is said and done I have physical copies of the following games left(in order of age):

Burnout Paradise

Uncharted DF

Infamous

Uncharted 2

Batman AA

Batman AC

Uncharted 3

DC Universe Online

The Mass Effect Trilogy( I have these games separately but on Xbox)

Dragon's Crown

Metal Gear Solid Legacy collection(I had MGS 4and PeaceWalker separately buy sold them to combine the collection)

Batman AO

And on the PS4 . . .

NBA 2K

Assassin's Creed 4

Killzone SF

MGS V GZ

Infamous SS

My physical collection has never been huge because I often need to sell games towards acquiring new ones but of the franchises I have held onto, I'm proud to own them, replay them and loan them out to anyone that shows an interest in them. PHEW! There ya have it!

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

oh, I forgot to mention that I still have my original MGS, Parappa the Rapper and Spiro for the PS1. The only PS2 stuff to survive are the many demo discs I kept from The Official PlayStation Magazine.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@marcheegsr said:

Same here, i am really trying to catch up on the games i missed from Sony this gen. I didn't get my PS3 until 2012. So i have a lot of games to explore and play. I try to collect the games as much as i can

Yeah but I keep telling myself to finish the games I have before buying new ones, but that doesn't seem to work at all. I have a sickness.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Last_Ride

@marcheegsr said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@marcheegsr said:

Yeah but I keep telling myself to finish the games I have before buying new ones, but that doesn't seem to work at all. I have a sickness.

i have toned it down buying new games, you have seen my backlog, so you know how many games i have

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Not really. Over the years I've held on to a lot of games that I don't care for (or even downright hate) in order to increase the number of games in my collection, but I've finally started to realize that quality should exceed quantity. I now have a lot of worthless games that do nothing but take up shelf space and will probably just end up being thrown out or given away to a thrift shop.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Last_Ride

@lensflare15 said:

Not really. Over the years I've held on to a lot of games that I don't care for (or even downright hate) in order to increase the number of games in my collection, but I've finally started to realize that quality should exceed quantity. I now have a lot of worthless games that do nothing but take up shelf space and will probably just end up being thrown out or given away to a thrift shop.

You should have gotten rid of them then. But there are many great games out for the PS3 for example

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@lensflare15 said:

You should have gotten rid of them then. But there are many great games out for the PS3 for example

You're right, there are a lot of fantastic games available for PS3, many of which I do not currently own. I'm working on improving my collection though, as I'm gradually starting to buy the games that I haven't played yet.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Last_Ride

@lensflare15 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@lensflare15 said:

You're right, there are a lot of fantastic games available for PS3, many of which I do not currently own. I'm working on improving my collection though, as I'm gradually starting to buy the games that I haven't played yet.

same here aswell

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Very proud,I'm not one of those people who do a lot of trade ins! 9 out of 10 times when I buy a game, it's a done deal for me. it's not like back in the day when gameplay footage was rare and we had to rely on screen shots from magazines. I can pretty much look at the video and know if it's something that I know I'm gonna keep.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#23 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

my ps1 and 2 collection are big and what not but i cant say its the best,

ps3 eh kinda fell short , psp was the worst psvita looks to be even worst then that ps4 starting off to a slow start , so ya im ok , its not the best in the world, i like my snes collection more , as well as my wiiu and n64 collections , for what they have /had , i have half the n64 library so ya you can say i have everything i wanted to play on that , my wiiu vc/retail combined is astonishing for a 1 yr old platform , same for my 3ds and gba , being that im not much of a handheld person

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#24 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Happy, yes. Proud, nah. I don't collect anymore. I keep the games I know I'll play years from now around for just that reason. All else in my current collection will get handed off in some manner. I don't like a whole lot of clutter in my home, so keeping dozens of games around all the time is just taking up good space.

I don't have all the games I want to play, yet. I always wait till they get a healthy price cut. I mean, $30-$50 off. There really is no reason for me to buy at full retail. Not when there are 1000's of games available at $10 or less 'brand new'.

Avatar image for klonoafanboy122
klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 klonoafanboy122
Member since 2013 • 232 Posts

yes im proud of my ps3 collection there are some games i want for them but ive got plenty of good ones already like rayman legends and bioshock ^^

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

i dont think 'proud' is the right word

i'm happy with it, but it hasnt necessarily gotten me anywhere or helped me accomplish something

maybe proud in the same way someone would be proud of a bar trick

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#27 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Very much so the ones on disc and the ones I have downloaded.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Don't have much of a collection at the moment... Only got a PS4.

I usually trade my games after I finish them. Only keep my favs.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

Yep. I keep 'em all in my collection. :D

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_Last_Ride

@MarcRecon said:

Very proud,I'm not one of those people who do a lot of trade ins! 9 out of 10 times when I buy a game, it's a done deal for me. it's not like back in the day when gameplay footage was rare and we had to rely on screen shots from magazines. I can pretty much look at the video and know if it's something that I know I'm gonna keep.

I try to have the same philosophy, but there are just some games i don't intend on playing again and just trade them in

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

iam proud with xbox360 and ps3 library i have around 260 games for both consoles

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

My Sony games collection is really good, and second only to my Nintendo games collection. Minus a few Vita and PS3 games I have most of the ones I wanted. I'm getting a much faster start on PS4 than I did PS3 as well. All good here.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Bigboi500 said:

My Sony games collection is really good, and second only to my Nintendo games collection. Minus a few Vita and PS3 games I have most of the ones I wanted. I'm getting a much faster start on PS4 than I did PS3 as well. All good here.

You're having a better time collecting than me then :P, i have a lot of games i am still missing

Warlord_Irochi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By Warlord_Irochi
Member since 2009 • 4291 Posts

I'm proud of my gaming library in general (all systems) it's like a map of what I wanted to play at each moment on my life (with a lot of poor buys) But from mistakes one is able to learn hehe.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

I never trade in games. But there was this sweet deal that I could get GTA V for half off if I traded in 3 games. I traded in the games I didn't need anyway: Sega Rally (got it for free with my PS3 purchase, only played it once), RDR: Undead Nightmare (great game but I got the GOTY edition for RDR so don't need to have it) and POP Trilogy (literally the worst HD remake I've ever played, unplayable because of reverb sound)

I'm pretty proud of my PS3 library, it is my biggest console library. I have around 30 games I think and I still need to play a lot of them.

Recently I got the Journey Collectors Edition, I still need to get games like Ni No Kuni and I'm looking forward to Kingdom Hearts Remix 2.5.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Last_Ride

@R4gn4r0k: Yeah i got a little over 100 games and i am still not satisfied

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

I never had a PS2, but some people had huge libraries for that as well.

But thanks to HD collections I can enjoy the games on my PS3 and have more for my collection :P

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Seeing as tho I cashed in all my PS3 games because my PS3s blu ray drive failed on me, I got a PS4 at launch and I am now a proud owner of every Exclusive Game PS4 has to offer.

It isn't a lot but I also have my fav multiplats aswel

My AIM this generation is to get every Sony Exclusive Game so at the end I can look back and go yep got to play everyone of them, plus that would be a great sell along time down the line as a retro console in the end, could make me alot of money.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39  Edited By Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

145 Playstation 3 games, 155 Playstation 2 games, 78 Playstation one games. 11 playstation 4 games. 33 Playstation vita games, 89 Playstation Portable games.

So for my physical Playstations CD/DVD/BLU-RAY DISC, UMD DISC/SD CARD game collection is 511 titles with all Manuals/inserts/maps/stickers etc.

I don't buy any games with manuals/cases/extra paperworks/inserts etc. 511 of my playstations games are complete. I have more than the 511 games for my Playstation/Playstation 2/Playstation 3/Playstation 4/PSP/PSvita game collection. The rest are downloaded games such as Resogun which don't have a physical copy. Which I bought off of PSN or PSplus free rental games.

So yes I am proud of my Playstation collection. I have all of the Playstations and lots of games for them. I also have Microsoft, Nintendo,and Sega consoles but Sony Playstation brand is by far my favorite.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 The_Last_Ride

@R4gn4r0k said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I never had a PS2, but some people had huge libraries for that as well.

But thanks to HD collections I can enjoy the games on my PS3 and have more for my collection :P

i couldn't find a job back then, so i never managed to get a large collection

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'm pretty proud of my collection. I still have 55 PS1 games on disc, a PS2 slim with 48 games, a PS3 with near 35 games, my favorite PSP games digital on my PSV, and my PS4 is off to a great start.

So far the only PlayStation disappointment is the PSV. Just not enough good games that interest me.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

I have a pretty large library of PlayStation games but I'll hunt once in awhile on eBay or retro game stores around my area.

I keep all my games as well.

devantechisolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 devantechisolm  Staff
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

Traded in the majority of my games with the exception of my Uncharted games and The Last of Us. I regret selling all my stuff to Gamestop. Definitely somethings that I wish I had kept around.

Refresh220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Refresh220
Member since 2014 • 49 Posts

I am very proud of my PS library, I got all the games I want.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45  Edited By MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i do not get the "proud" part...

i am happy with my collection but it has not cured cancer so i am not so proud of it... :D

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 The_Last_Ride

@refresh220 said:

I am very proud of my PS library, I got all the games I want.

damn, how many games do you have?