Are you getting the PS4 at launch?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

eagle63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By eagle63
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts

no,I wait for the slim model because:

by the time the slim model comes out, most of the launch bugs have been delt with.

a good library of games will be out by then.

its usually cheaper by then.

im to broke right now to afford it .

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

I should be picking it up at midnight since I reserved it the day it was announced. Gonna be fun to have a console in my house again since it's been PC only for me since I got rid of that horrible wiiU.

Mo-licious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Mo-licious
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

Absolutely day one. Can't wait!

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Nope, I don't have the money for it, and it's probably too late to pre order it. They didn't have any at Gamestop when I visited yesterday.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

No I am not getting one at launch. The earliest I will buy one is Christmas 2014. I am waiting for them to work out any possible bugs the hardware/OS may have as well as allow the library to grow and some of the launch window games (like Infamous Second Son) to drop in price. It would be nice if the PS4 itself dropped in price, but I am not counting on it. I still have a lot of unplayed games for both my PC and PS3 to play.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#56 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I haven't decided yet, I just picked up the The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls which me and my wife are immensely enjoying.

The things is there are still games coming to the PS3 that I wish to play.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

As close to launch as I can (didn't preorder). I know there's a risk of it breaking so I'll be getting a warrenty to cover that. I have to figure out if AC4 or KZ will be my first game, both look really good but are completely different genres.

But I'll still use my PS3 as I'll be getting Dark Souls 2 next year and I have a decent backlog as well as waiting for both parts of the Bioshock: Infinite DLC to come out, so it's not a big deal that I'll not be getting a ton of PS4 games to start with.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

I never had plans to get a PlayStation 4 at launch because of money issues, but also because I did not think I would be interested in any of the earlier video games for the PlayStation 4, but with further research I had concluded that I was interested in many of the launch titles and titles planned for later on; so because the price is going to be a big issue for me, I may wait for the video games for PlayStation 4 that I want, to lower in price. Then from there I can focus on stocking up on what I want and then get the PlayStation 4 later, even if later ends up being at least one or two years later; I feel I can wait that long some how and I would have many video games to play on it at that point.

I gave up on the PlayStation 3 a couple of years ago because of poor choices I had made with it, in terms of money; so I am hoping to start fresh with the PlayStation 4. I am also looking forward to Gakai, I will need to rely on Gakai to make up for the poor money choices I made with the PlayStation 3. After giving up on the PlayStation 3, I continued to miss out on more and more video games.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#59 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No i'm not getting one.