Are you getting First strike?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

Anyone getting the map packs? I don't think I am since I would rather buy a full game then get a bunch of maps. Although it depends on my friends on whnever they are getting it themselves.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
I'd like to get them, but I'm not going to shell out money for them while I can't play just them in hardcore mode.
shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shadow13702

I'd like to get them, but I'm not going to shell out money for them while I can't play just them in hardcore mode. The_Rick_14

How does the lobby work for then new maps? Im guessing theres an separte game mode for the map packs only with differnt game types like TDM or Domination and you pick andchoose (like team tachieal)

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
Nope. I actually just sold Black Ops. Amazon trade in was bumped up to $38 last week, so I took advantage of that. Not bad considering I paid $57 for the game and got $20 gift card. So you could really say I paid $37, and traded it for $38.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Rick_14

[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]I'd like to get them, but I'm not going to shell out money for them while I can't play just them in hardcore mode. shadow13702

How does the lobby work for then new maps? Im guessing theres an separte game mode for the map packs only with differnt game types like TDM or Domination and you pick andchoose (like team tachieal)

There's a separate category for just the maps where you can only play TDM, Domination, Moshpit, and one other Core version that I can't remember (maybe HQ). The maps will get mixed in with with the other playlists, but if you only want to play the new maps you have to play one of those 4 game modes. It wouldn't matter to me except Core pisses me off because lag makes everything even worse.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
if they were 5 bucks maybe, but they way over priced, besides i got kz3 now and im chillin on that lol
shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shadow13702

[QUOTE="shadow13702"]

[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]I'd like to get them, but I'm not going to shell out money for them while I can't play just them in hardcore mode. The_Rick_14

There's a separate category for just the maps where you can only play TDM, Domination, Moshpit, and one other Core version that I can't remember (maybe HQ). The maps will get mixed in with with the other playlists, but if you only want to play the new maps you have to play one of those 4 game modes. It wouldn't matter to me except Core pisses me off because lag makes everything even worse.

So its gonna be sort of like WAW. I didn't really like WAW for that since they mixed it up and sometimes when not enough people pick it, you get kicked .The lag on black ops is horrbile. IT takes about 2-4 bullets to kill most of the time on a standard assult rifle/SMG and sometimes with the lag I have to put in half a clip just to make sure they're dead.

special77j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 special77j
Member since 2011 • 89 Posts
if they were 5 bucks maybe, but they way over priced, besides i got kz3 now and im chillin on that lolJoKeR_421
im with you. KZ3 is keeping me pretty happy atm and hopefully till socom. i burned myself out on BO but if my friends get it and want me to play again with them i may concider it.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i got it 8am eastern this morning, and i just got all the trophies for Ascension the new zombie map

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts
Sure am. Game sharing ftw!!!! Yeah I said it, don't hate.
shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shadow13702

Sure am. Game sharing ftw!!!! Yeah I said it, don't hate.jshaas

You can gameshare it? I though the online would pick up on you not buying the map or something similiar

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JoKeR_421
[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]if they were 5 bucks maybe, but they way over priced, besides i got kz3 now and im chillin on that lolspecial77j
im with you. KZ3 is keeping me pretty happy atm and hopefully till socom. i burned myself out on BO but if my friends get it and want me to play again with them i may concider it.

i still have B.O im just sick of it. but like u said, im happy with kz3 at the moment, till socom 4, and after that resistance 3 ohh and i might get crysis 2 just cuz i can lol i rather save my money for all these great games that are coming this year, then waste 15 on a dlc that is way over priced imo
Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

Already bought them and now I want that double xp to start.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Aw hell naw.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JoKeR_421

Aw hell naw.

StealthMonkey4
damn skippy, dont fall for them dlcs lol.....by the way ur sig, or w.e it is, the guy sayin metroid prime is a halo knock off, i laughed so hard. some ppl are really stupid
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="jshaas"]Sure am. Game sharing ftw!!!! Yeah I said it, don't hate.shadow13702

You can gameshare it? I though the online would pick up on you not buying the map or something similiar

no, as long as u have the other persons screen name and pass. and u have it activated on ur system, all u need to do is download the map pack, log in ur name and ur set. but i dont like game sharing and i dont like giving my name or pass to anyone. not even my best friend can get it and he begged me to game share lol. only person i dont mind game sharing with is my girl, but thats ok cuz she lives with me lol
octoman115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 octoman115
Member since 2010 • 765 Posts

I'm getting it for Ascension only. I might try the MP maps once or twice but I hardly play Black Ops MP any more.

HardGames420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HardGames420
Member since 2011 • 233 Posts
Black Ops is such a joke, I can't understand how anyone with a PS3 chooses that over Killzone 3, a game built from the ground up for PS3 specifically. A lack of skill is all I can think, Killzone is much more hardcore and makes you get good, if you suck you will get owned bad as opposed to Black Ops where you can suck and still perform average.
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
No. I'm not supporting that POS game
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts

, Killzone is much more hardcore and makes you get good, if you suck you will get owned bad as opposed to Black Ops where you can suck and still perform average.HardGames420

Bad Company 2 says Hi

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shadow13702

Black Ops is such a joke, I can't understand how anyone with a PS3 chooses that over Killzone 3, a game built from the ground up for PS3 specifically. A lack of skill is all I can think, Killzone is much more hardcore and makes you get good, if you suck you will get owned bad as opposed to Black Ops where you can suck and still perform average.HardGames420

Your agrument is so flawed.

1. Theres nothing wrong with mutiplats
  2. If you suck in any game then you suck not preform average. If you preform average then you can't suck can you? And in black ops you can get owned pretty bad if your a noob so just stop hatting and being a fanboy
metalguitar13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 metalguitar13
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts
Already got it
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#23 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Depend entirely on how many of my friends own it. Since MW2 and Black Ops are the only two games that all my friends with PS3's own, the extra maps may be worth it to me if it means playing with them.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="HardGames420"]Black Ops is such a joke, I can't understand how anyone with a PS3 chooses that over Killzone 3, a game built from the ground up for PS3 specifically. A lack of skill is all I can think, Killzone is much more hardcore and makes you get good, if you suck you will get owned bad as opposed to Black Ops where you can suck and still perform average.shadow13702

2. If you suck in any game then you suck not preform average. If you preform average then you can't suck can you? And in black ops you can get owned pretty bad if your a noob so just stop hatting and being a fanboy

while i dont completely agree with hardgames420, but i do agree with him about B.O being wack. at first it was ok and all. i mean i still own the game. but i should of known, after cod4, all cod games been going downhill. B.O still has a decently balanced multiplayer though compared to the rest of the cod games
xXRukasuXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xXRukasuXx
Member since 2010 • 1647 Posts
Most likely I will.
shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shadow13702

[QUOTE="shadow13702"]

[QUOTE="HardGames420"]Black Ops is such a joke, I can't understand how anyone with a PS3 chooses that over Killzone 3, a game built from the ground up for PS3 specifically. A lack of skill is all I can think, Killzone is much more hardcore and makes you get good, if you suck you will get owned bad as opposed to Black Ops where you can suck and still perform average.JoKeR_421

while i dont completely agree with hardgames420, but i do agree with him about B.O being wack. at first it was ok and all. i mean i still own the game. but i should of known, after cod4, all cod games been going downhill. B.O still has a decently balanced multiplayer though compared to the rest of the cod games

I wasn't saying black ops was the perfect game I was just stating the logic behind it didn't make sense. Theres tons of problems with black ops but at least list them or something rather then just say something like "I hate this cause I hate it and its not exlcusive"

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

I wouldn't have got it, there are better things to get with $15, but my brother got it, so I might as well play it.

I hadn't played the online maps, but Ascension is pretty damn good, and they put a lot of detail into it.

Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

I might get it later when I have more time to play Ops.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The_Rick_14
Black Ops is such a joke, I can't understand how anyone with a PS3 chooses that over Killzone 3, a game built from the ground up for PS3 specifically. A lack of skill is all I can think, Killzone is much more hardcore and makes you get good, if you suck you will get owned bad as opposed to Black Ops where you can suck and still perform average.HardGames420
Yea Killzone takes much more skill, cloaking in a corner or Disguising yourself and getting free kills. So much skill involved there. If the skill level is soo much different, then explain why my kdr is so similar comparing MW2, BO, and Killzone 3? I choose BO over Killzone 3 (which I do still play) because I think Disguising and Cloaking are the most ridiculous things ever where people will cry about having "skill."
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I don't get to play online but I think Killzone 3 will kill a lot of potential map pack buyers.
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jshaas
[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"][QUOTE="shadow13702"]

Sure am. Game sharing ftw!!!! Yeah I said it, don't hate.jshaas

no, as long as u have the other persons screen name and pass. and u have it activated on ur system, all u need to do is download the map pack, log in ur name and ur set. but i dont like game sharing and i dont like giving my name or pass to anyone. not even my best friend can get it and he begged me to game share lol. only person i dont mind game sharing with is my girl, but thats ok cuz she lives with me lol

Well, I don't save any card info in my account and my two friends that I share with only use PSN cards. Without any card info, there's really no harm they can do... plus I know where they live;).
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jshaas
Why can't someone enjoy both games? I do. I agree the learning curve for KZ is much higher than COD, but there's so much that differentiates the two games that they can be enjoyed on their own merits.
ovBlazeMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ovBlazeMaster
Member since 2009 • 71 Posts

I ended up getting it for free from Gamestop, an Traded the game in two weeks ago......what great timing

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The_Rick_14

I ended up getting it for free from Gamestop, an Traded the game in two weeks ago......what great timing

ovBlazeMaster
Dibs? haha
d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#35 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

Not for $15.00.

I just paid $20.00 for Borderlands GOTYE (thanks Best Buy) and it's kinda hard to justify spending $15.00 on just maps.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Rick_14

Not for $15.00.

I just paid $20.00 for Borderlands GOTYE (thanks Best Buy) and it's kinda hard to justify spending $15.00 on just maps.

d_parker
I can justify it easily. I have 2 days worth of gameplay logged in BO. $75 for that amount of gameplay (plus I'll play more with new maps) is a pretty good trade off. There...I justified it. Now you can tell me I'm wrong and I don't care because it's called an opinion. You have yours and I have mine. I'll play BO more than I would play Borderlands, so for me, the value is in the map pack and not Borderlands.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#37 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
Yes, I bought them for $22. You guys get it for $15 while Aussies have to pay $22 even with the exchange rate.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#38 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I wont be getting the maps.. not worth that much money for a few extra maps. Not when you can spend the same amount of money for BF Vietnam.
shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 shadow13702

I wont be getting the maps.. not worth that much money for a few extra maps. Not when you can spend the same amount of money for BF Vietnam.Rattlesnake_8

I wish more of my friends play Bad Company 2 :(. That was the perfect FPS for me this gen

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

I'm not buying it, but my friend is giving it to me for free since I let him have some of my PSN games once. I don't want it enough to spend $15 on it though, but I just want Ascension, I could care less about the multiplayer maps. (Killzone 3 is the only multiplayer I need for now)

AdrianJNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AdrianJNYC
Member since 2011 • 76 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm going to buy First Strike, but some of the maps do looks interesting and I like the new zombie map too.
d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#42 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

[QUOTE="d_parker"]

Not for $15.00.

The_Rick_14

I can justify it easily. I have 2 days worth of gameplay logged in BO. $75 for that amount of gameplay (plus I'll play more with new maps) is a pretty good trade off. There...I justified it. Now you can tell me I'm wrong and I don't care because it's called an opinion. You have yours and I have mine. I'll play BO more than I would play Borderlands, so for me, the value is in the map pack and not Borderlands.

To each their own but I have to wonder, at what point do people say to companies like Activision, hey, I'm not going to spend money on products that don't work properly and hit them where it hurts - their bottom line.

I like Black Ops and have fun playing it but if everyone just runs out and pays whatever they want, just what do you think these companies will keep on doing? The same.

Given how I only got to play about a month of Modern Warfare 2 after buying it before it got hacked to pieces, where's my compensation from Activision? I paid for an online game that works. If they're too lazy, stupid, whatever to give me what they advertise, then I'm not about to just throw money at them.

But hey, that's just me.

WasacreOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 WasacreOL
Member since 2008 • 391 Posts

Idk about you guys but I think that the super awesome Zombie map is worth the bucks alone. :D

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#44 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
killzone 3 is terrible. u can't bash cod and then praise killzone 3 since guerilla did their damndest to take everything that was good about kz2 and turn it into cod
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

[QUOTE="HardGames420"]Black Ops is such a joke, I can't understand how anyone with a PS3 chooses that over Killzone 3, a game built from the ground up for PS3 specifically. A lack of skill is all I can think, Killzone is much more hardcore and makes you get good, if you suck you will get owned bad as opposed to Black Ops where you can suck and still perform average.AJC3317
killzone 3 is terrible. u can't bash cod and then praise killzone 3 since guerilla did their damndest to take everything that was good about kz2 and turn it into cod

Agreed, almost everythin about KZ3 is crappy and casualized to tend to the CoD fanboys. It's terrible now.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#46 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No but i am getting Crysis 2.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#47 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

That's just like saying "Are you going to waste your money?"

So no.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#48 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

[QUOTE="HardGames420"]Black Ops is such a joke, I can't understand how anyone with a PS3 chooses that over Killzone 3, a game built from the ground up for PS3 specifically. A lack of skill is all I can think, Killzone is much more hardcore and makes you get good, if you suck you will get owned bad as opposed to Black Ops where you can suck and still perform average.The_Rick_14
Yea Killzone takes much more skill, cloaking in a corner or Disguising yourself and getting free kills. So much skill involved there. If the skill level is soo much different, then explain why my kdr is so similar comparing MW2, BO, and Killzone 3? I choose BO over Killzone 3 (which I do still play) because I think Disguising and Cloaking are the most ridiculous things ever where people will cry about having "skill."

Only cowards will cloak in the corner for kills, much the same reason everyone hacks COD games - because they're useless at the game and that's their idea of 'fun'. And besides, Killzone 3 offers a much better online experience.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 The_Rick_14

[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"][QUOTE="HardGames420"]Black Ops is such a joke, I can't understand how anyone with a PS3 chooses that over Killzone 3, a game built from the ground up for PS3 specifically. A lack of skill is all I can think, Killzone is much more hardcore and makes you get good, if you suck you will get owned bad as opposed to Black Ops where you can suck and still perform average.Venom_Raptor

Only cowards will cloak in the corner for kills, much the same reason everyone hacks COD games - because they're useless at the game and that's their idea of 'fun'. And besides, Killzone 3 offers a much better online experience.

Yes apparently it's provided such a better online experience that it's been sitting its case for the past 2 weeks while I've played Black Ops. It's all opinion.
ravens8652

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ravens8652
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
If you play and enjoy the game, get them and stop being a cheap ass and if you don't play the game enough then don't.