Are you a trophy hunter?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Used to. Just hit a point where I stopped caring. Now I have trophy notifications turned off and it's quite nice. Hopefully I can turn them off on the PS4 as well.

I'd like them more if they just stuck to being digital checklists of 100% completion rather than the nonsense some of the trophies are. If trophies fall in line with me trying to do everything in a game then cool, if not then I couldn't care less.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I am for now, but I know it won't last.   I know this because I used to be an Acheviment hunter with the 360.   My Gamerscore is like 34,000 and I've been doing it since Feb 06.   About 2 months ago I thought I lost my Gamertag and all of my acheviments.  I ended up not losing it, but I didn't even really care.

So all that time I spent replaying and replaying a certain part of a game just for an acheviment, it was all a waste of time.   And I'm sure the same will happen with the PS3 for me.   

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#53 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Do you platinum a lot of games, try to do all the trophies you can? Do you just play the game and don't care? Or do you play the game and just do the trophies that are fun?

The_Last_Ride

Coolyfett enjoys getting trophies, some are fun to get. Coolyfett has no platinums though. The main reason to play is to enjoy the game first. After one has completed the game, then Coolyfett may play again for trophies. Trophies are great.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#54 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

I have no platinums at all and I play a ton of games, I guess that means im not a trophy hunter.

I don't go hunting for them but its nice to hear that sound when I achieve one. It gives a sense that completed something and could look back on it.

marcheegsr

Love this post. Coolyfett also loves that sound. Trophies will always be apart of the Playstation structure now. So the trophies we have in 2013 we will have thos on our PSN account in 2023. Thats a cool concept.

SantaTerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SantaTerb
Member since 2002 • 1577 Posts

[QUOTE="SantaTerb"][QUOTE="dalger21"] The amount of platinums and trophies you have on an irrelevant trophy card means about as much as nipples on men. getsmizacked

You're reaching and not especially clever, but the point is it clearly shows I live and die by the troph and am not just trolling.

With a completion rate as low as yours I'm not sure I believe you. Especially with that lifeblood claim. If anything you're saying is true, you're lookin pretty anemic.

43 plats I feel okay. I love trophs so much I have the Hannah Montana plat. Come at me.
dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
*Shakes head. Walks away*
RavenousBengal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 RavenousBengal
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I just play games for the enjoyment.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Generally avoid trophies that require extreme amounts of grinding to get, unless the game happens to be really fun.   Multiplayer trophies also I like to stay a way from. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts
I just play games for the enjoyment. RavenousBengal
Yeah people who earn trophies don't do that do they.. :|
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#60 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Alas no. I am not a trophy hunter. I just finish the main story. But collecting trophies is just something I never got into. I did try to get "addicted" to find trophies. But for some reason it is just not my thing. I have 356 trophies but not a single Platitum trophy. Back in the day. I was had an obession with obtain "High Score" at the coin-op Arcade. Which I was great at I lived in the arcade. So I thought that I would become addicted or developed an obsession with getting Trophies. Since trophies lack a public reward. In the days of the coin-op arcade, when you were "Boss" at a videogame. It was social, in person and much more rewarding. Today's on-line world is not as social. So the reward of obtain High Score and being Champion for a day. Once the arcade machines were turned off. You had to re-earn your status a coin-op arcade Champion. 

So trophies are not as fullfilling for me. I may just be getting older. Since some gamers were not alive during the coin-op videogame arcade heyday. It was far for social and fun. Today's on-line world is not actually social. Since it is not in person communication.

So trophies are just not something I hunt for.

PlusQuad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 PlusQuad
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I don't really like the trophy system for PS3 so hopefully they make it better with PS4 then I will probrably become a trophy hunter.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#62 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Alas no. I am not a trophy hunter. I just finish the main story. But collecting trophies is just something I never got into. I did try to get "addicted" to find trophies. But for some reason it is just not my thing. I have 356 trophies but not a single Platitum trophy. Back in the day. I was had an obession with obtain "High Score" at the coin-op Arcade. Which I was great at I lived in the arcade. So I thought that I would become addicted or developed an obsession with getting Trophies. Since trophies lack a public reward. In the days of the coin-op arcade, when you were "Boss" at a videogame. It was social, in person and much more rewarding. Today's on-line world is not as social. So the reward of obtain High Score and being Champion for a day. Once the arcade machines were turned off. You had to re-earn your status a coin-op arcade Champion. 

So trophies are not as fullfilling for me. I may just be getting older. Since some gamers were not alive during the coin-op videogame arcade heyday. It was far for social and fun. Today's on-line world is not actually social. Since it is not in person communication.

So trophies are just not something I hunt for.

Megavideogamer
i hear ya, i only have one, i can't seem to get them. I don't have the patience nor the time for it. I finish the singleplayer and i try to do most of them while doing it, but other than that i just skip them and move on
sagejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#63 sagejonathan
Member since 2011 • 519 Posts
I'm not a trophy hunter but I get the easy ones to kill time. I play to enjoy my games though.
chupacarpra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#64 chupacarpra
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

I actually don't like the trophies. I'll be watching a cutscene and all of a sudden I see that little notification and hear the sound effect. It's annoying to me.

I don't go trophy hunting. What happens is I just play the game and trophies get unlocked as I progress.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#65 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
people, do chill, playing games is a hobby, playing specific games is a preference, going for trophies is just another preference... neither is more right (righter) than the other, expecting people to have the same exact point of view resembles the same assumption that everyone's favourite colour is lila... on the other hand bearing in mind that the majority of gamers do not take follow or take actively part in a forum, neither of anyone's views are ultimate truths, they are just other views...
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

people, do chill, playing games is a hobby, playing specific games is a preference, going for trophies is just another preference... neither is more right (righter) than the other, expecting people to have the same exact point of view resembles the same assumption that everyone's favourite colour is lila... on the other hand bearing in mind that the majority of gamers do not take follow or take actively part in a forum, neither of anyone's views are ultimate truths, they are just other views...MondasM
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#67 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
you are welcome sergeant sarcasm... :D