Am i the only one that thinks little big planet is stupid?

• 165 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StealthKnife
Member since 2008 • 2104 Posts
i mean, i think its ok but it should be worth 7.99 on the psn. i wish i could make a poll :(
wwedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 wwedx
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
i aggre :)
white_jaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 white_jaguar
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts
I think its cute and a good platformer. I dont know much about it but all this hype from others is getting to me. I am not itching for it to come out or anything. I am also waiting for socom
PK_3100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 PK_3100
Member since 2007 • 234 Posts

i mean, i think its ok but it should be worth 7.99 on the psn. i wish i could make a poll :(StealthKnife

Haha.....no your probably not but you are in the minority.

justin_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 justin_06
Member since 2006 • 782 Posts

i mean, i think its ok but it should be worth 7.99 on the psn. i wish i could make a poll :(StealthKnife

well it was originally suppose to be a cheap PSN game, but it got so much hype at GDC they took it further, and I'm glad. either you understand this game or you dont, luckily, most people do.

rsoxguy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 rsoxguy12
Member since 2007 • 1602 Posts
well the idea of it is innovative and creative but..its not for me.
MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts
to me it looks like a stupid overhyed p.o.s.
error11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 error11
Member since 2006 • 7163 Posts
Yes. Yes you are the only one.:|
Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9 meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts
if you don't like platforming or the idea of creating game levels it prolly won't interest you
deadstar_666_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 deadstar_666_7
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts
I think it could go either way... need to try it first!!
shahchip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#11 shahchip
Member since 2007 • 1282 Posts
the reason for all the hype isnt because of what the game is going to be like at launch its the potential that could make the game huge, most people see that potential and start to love the game but some people see it as a small kiddy platformer so they miss out btw its not in any way small, as kiddy as u want (if you want you could make an adults only level filled with _____) and everyone loves jumping on platforms
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts
to me it looks like a stupid overhyed p.o.s.MassiveKaos
So what is ur PSN id?
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

When you think about the fact that user-created levels will add an insane amount of replay value, I'd say the price seems extremely warranted.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#14 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
Umm...OP, it's gonna be REALLY hard to convince anyone that this innovative game is "stupid." You know, with that rehash of a shooter game on your avatar and all.
StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 StealthKnife

if you don't like platforming or the idea of creating game levels it prolly won't interest youmeluvulongtime8

no, that sound fun, but not like a side scroller were u jump over obsticals, looks like it would be a great game for the psp, and the creating part is preetty cool, but i would rather make a map for a shooter and play that, that would be intence, and yes i know about halo, i wish more games would do it!

still think it should be worth 7.99,,, does anyone no what the price is going to be? if its 60$ then thats a big rip off!

shahchip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shahchip

the reason for all the hype isnt because of what the game is going to be like at launch its the potential that could make the game huge, most people see that potential and start to love the game but some people see it as a small kiddy platformer so they miss out btw its not in any way small, as kiddy as u want (if you want you could make an adults only level filled with _____) and everyone loves jumping on platformsshahchip

im just quoting it so someone reads it btw u know what im gonna make a poll like you said

Avatar image for alwayspureblood
alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 alwayspureblood
Member since 2008 • 872 Posts

What is with this misconception that just because a game doesn't have gore, violence, or the main gameplay doesn't involve a gun, it is automatically "kiddy"?

if you don't like platforming or the idea of creating game levels it prolly won't interest youmeluvulongtime8

Apparently, if you don't like something innovative and different the game isn't for you either.

choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
The game is definetly worth $60.

- Near limitless coustimization.
- 60 pre-made levels.
- Trophy support
- 1-4 player co-op
- Sharing player made levels over PSN.

The game will launch as much content as most retail games -- and will keep gaining more and more content over time as the userbase grows... its definetly worth more than $7.99 (hell even most PSN games are $9.99)
alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 alwayspureblood

[QUOTE="meluvulongtime8"]if you don't like platforming or the idea of creating game levels it prolly won't interest youStealthKnife

no, that sound fun, but not like a side scroller were u jump over obsticals, looks like it would be a great game for the psp, and the creating part is preetty cool, but i would rather make a map for a shooter and play that, that would be intence, and yes i know about halo, i wish more games would do it!

still think it should be worth 7.99,,, does anyone no what the price is going to be? if its 60$ then thats a big rip off!

How is it a rip-off? You don't even know anything about the game, from what I can tell, and you're obviously a shooter fan, so just because its not what you're into it doesn't mean the game "deserves" to be 7.99

StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 StealthKnife

What is with this misconception that just because a game doesn't have gore, violence, or the main gameplay doesn't involve a gun, it is automatically "kiddy"?

[QUOTE="meluvulongtime8"]if you don't like platforming or the idea of creating game levels it prolly won't interest youalwayspureblood

Apparently, if you don't like something innovative and different the game isn't for you either.

[QUOTE="meluvulongtime8"]if you don't like platforming or the idea of creating game levels it prolly won't interest youalwayspureblood

untrue, games like racing, and sports game dont have the "guns, gore blood" are still really, fun, and creating maps for games would also be cool in my eyes, but lbp looks like its a "jumping over obsticals" type of game, i would get it for the psp, but not a ps3 :)
StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 StealthKnife
soory for the triple quotes, i am new here i i accidently over taped it! sry!
USMC_Sn1per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 USMC_Sn1per
Member since 2008 • 851 Posts

i dont think its stupid but i do think its for casual gamers...maybe im gona get it cuz it looks fun...

alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 alwayspureblood
You didn't have to quote me 3 times, I know what I posted. I was giving some EXAMPLES, I wasn't going to go through every damn genre to get my point across. If you think LBP is just "jumping over obsticals" then you don't really know much about the game, do you?
Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#24 meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts

i dont think its stupid but i do think its for casual gamers...maybe im gona get it cuz it looks fun...

USMC_Sn1per

I think the game might appeal to casuals, but who do you think is going to be pouring hours into creating new levels?

StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 StealthKnife

You didn't have to quote me 3 times, I know what I posted. I was giving some EXAMPLES, I wasn't going to go through every damn genre to get my point across. If you think LBP is just "jumping over obsticals" then you don't really know much about the game, do you?alwayspureblood

yes i do, i have seen things about the game; and that is what it looks like, a great game for the psp, side scroller, jumping over obsticals, i would buy it for 7.99 though:) , and the 3 quotes were an accident!

shahchip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shahchip
have you seen this one, its my favourite level so far http://www.g4tv.com/e32008/videos/27098/Exclusive_Hands_On_LittleBigPlanet.html
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts
I think in only seems stupid to people who don't have friends to play with or are so self-conscience about their image that playing something without gore and blood and shooting makes them less of a man or woman.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Symphonycometh
[QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"]

meluvulongtime8

I think the game might appeal to casuals, but who do you think is going to be pouring hours into creating new levels?

When creativity enters the vocabulary, the answer becomes obvious.
alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 alwayspureblood
Okay, whatever. You do know that a game doesn't need to involve a gun, racing, fighting, violence, gore, ETC ETC, to be considered a good game for the PS3? Just because a game doesn't involve these types of elements doesn't necessarily mean its for "casuals" either. Just as long as you know that. And yes, I saw that the three quotes were an accident.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts
You can build whatever you want. I heard you can even put a motor somwhere in the level to make the screen move by itself which means you have to hurry to make it through the level or you will get squashed. So basically you could possibly try and recreate mario levels, obviously without mushrooms and such. You can pretty much do anything you want and build whatever comes into your head and you think that is only worth 8 dollars/ You are extremely cheap and should sell your ps3 because you don't deserve to have it.
StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 StealthKnife

I think in only seems stupid to people who don't have friends to play with or are so self-conscience about their image that playing something without gore and blood and shooting makes them less of a man or woman. Zidaneski

as i stated earlier, game like racing and sports that dont have gore and blood still interest me, so dont pull that card, cause its not the truth! also waiting for motorstorm ..Pacific......

StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 StealthKnife
You can build whatever you want. I heard you can even put a motor somwhere in the level to make the screen move by itself which means you have to hurry to make it through the level or you will get squashed. So basically you could possibly try and recreate mario levels, obviously without mushrooms and such. You can pretty much do anything you want and build whatever comes into your head and you think that is only worth 8 dollars/ You are extremely cheap and should sell your ps3 because you don't deserve to have it. gamenerd15
i am just saying if u think it is worth the amount of mgs4 then u are crazy????? mgs4=lbp heck no, its worth 7.99
navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

I mean, yah its a new thing n all...But way overhyped..

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zidaneski

[QUOTE="Zidaneski"]I think in only seems stupid to people who don't have friends to play with or are so self-conscience about their image that playing something without gore and blood and shooting makes them less of a man or woman. StealthKnife

as i stated earlier, game like racing and sports that dont have gore and blood still interest me, so dont pull that card, cause its not the truth! also waiting for motorstorm ..Pacific......

Racing games and sports are generally for guys no? Do you play women basketball videogames or what gender are racers and fans mostly? Mostly guys. I know many of those types of people, they don't play certain videogames or do anything if they think it doesn't fit their image or something.

alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 alwayspureblood

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]You can build whatever you want. I heard you can even put a motor somwhere in the level to make the screen move by itself which means you have to hurry to make it through the level or you will get squashed. So basically you could possibly try and recreate mario levels, obviously without mushrooms and such. You can pretty much do anything you want and build whatever comes into your head and you think that is only worth 8 dollars/ You are extremely cheap and should sell your ps3 because you don't deserve to have it. StealthKnife
i am just saying if u think it is worth the amount of mgs4 then u are crazy????? mgs4=lbp heck no, its worth 7.99

LBP has a story mode, online, practically endless replayability, if thats not worth 60 dollars then I don't know what is.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Symphonycometh
Uh-oh. We're talking about the core of manhood now. lol To keep another conversation going, who can't wait for LBP?! =D
StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 StealthKnife
[QUOTE="StealthKnife"]

[QUOTE="Zidaneski"]I think in only seems stupid to people who don't have friends to play with or are so self-conscience about their image that playing something without gore and blood and shooting makes them less of a man or woman. Zidaneski

Racing games and sports are generally for guys no? Do you play women basketball videogames or what gender are racers and fans mostly? Mostly guys. I know many of those types of people, they don't play certain videogames or do anything if they think it doesn't fit their image or something.

ya, u dont see many girl gamers, this would be a game for them, but that is for sure not the reason y i am saying it is not worth it,

AVATAR, awsome ending, i heard they are making a movie!

alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 alwayspureblood
[QUOTE="Zidaneski"][QUOTE="StealthKnife"]

[QUOTE="Zidaneski"]I think in only seems stupid to people who don't have friends to play with or are so self-conscience about their image that playing something without gore and blood and shooting makes them less of a man or woman. StealthKnife

ya, u dont see many girl gamers, this would be a game for them, but that is for sure not the reason y i am saying it is not worth it,

No, your reason for saying the game is not worth it is because it's not what you're into, but just because its not the type of game you normally play DOES NOT make the game stupid or mean that the game deserves a price tag of "7.99". /thread.

StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StealthKnife

[QUOTE="StealthKnife"][QUOTE="gamenerd15"]You can build whatever you want. I heard you can even put a motor somwhere in the level to make the screen move by itself which means you have to hurry to make it through the level or you will get squashed. So basically you could possibly try and recreate mario levels, obviously without mushrooms and such. You can pretty much do anything you want and build whatever comes into your head and you think that is only worth 8 dollars/ You are extremely cheap and should sell your ps3 because you don't deserve to have it. alwayspureblood

LBP has a story mode, online, practically endless replayability, if thats not worth 60 dollars then I don't know what is.

ya but, the online is playing other peoples maps, its like a puzzle game, and going to say this again.."jumping over obsticals game" a "psp game" sorry but i would never pay 60$ for a sidescroller, puzzle game, especially sence socom is 40$ :)

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts

I wish it were $7.

Anyways, it's my most anticipated game for the year. Day one purchase for me.

StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StealthKnife

i guess it not my type of game then, i cant really argue about that, all i no is that i will not buy it; might borrow it from a friend

SOCOM 40$

LBP 60$

hummmmmmmm?

alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 alwayspureblood
[QUOTE="alwayspureblood"]

[QUOTE="StealthKnife"][QUOTE="gamenerd15"]You can build whatever you want. I heard you can even put a motor somwhere in the level to make the screen move by itself which means you have to hurry to make it through the level or you will get squashed. So basically you could possibly try and recreate mario levels, obviously without mushrooms and such. You can pretty much do anything you want and build whatever comes into your head and you think that is only worth 8 dollars/ You are extremely cheap and should sell your ps3 because you don't deserve to have it. StealthKnife

ya but, the online is playing other peoples maps, its like a puzzle game, and going to say this again.."jumping over obsticals game" a "psp game" sorry but i would never pay 60$ for a sidescroller, puzzle game, especially sence socom is 40$ :)

How is that different from the online of a shooter, etc? You're basically playing in maps created by the developers, yet it is still fun, no? So what makes it so bad that the map was created by an actual gamer? Its the same thing, basically.

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts

i guess it not my type of game then, i cant really argue about that, all i no is that i will not buy it; might borrow it from a friend

SOCOM 40$

LBP 60$

hummmmmmmm?

StealthKnife

Mow a lawn.

StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 StealthKnife
[QUOTE="StealthKnife"][QUOTE="alwayspureblood"]

[QUOTE="StealthKnife"][QUOTE="gamenerd15"]You can build whatever you want. I heard you can even put a motor somwhere in the level to make the screen move by itself which means you have to hurry to make it through the level or you will get squashed. So basically you could possibly try and recreate mario levels, obviously without mushrooms and such. You can pretty much do anything you want and build whatever comes into your head and you think that is only worth 8 dollars/ You are extremely cheap and should sell your ps3 because you don't deserve to have it. alwayspureblood

How is that different from the online of a shooter, etc? You're basically playing in maps created by the developers, yet it is still fun, no? So what makes it so bad that the map was created by an actual gamer? Its the same thing, basically.

ya but the building a map is the game PERIOD that is what makes the game, if the developers only made the map it would suck!_ what i ment was that it is not like other games were u are versus, u are playing other peoples maps, which is a great idea, and would be excellant also, for shooters and racing games.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zidaneski
[QUOTE="Zidaneski"][QUOTE="StealthKnife"]

OMG! The ending was amazing, especially the Agni Kai. Yeah M.Night Shaylama (I know thats not how to spell his name) is directing the movie but with the help of the creators of Avatar. It comes out July 2, 2010. The whole man image thing I got a taste from Avatar, the show is so awesome but because it appears to be a kids a show (airing on Nickolodeon) many people don't watch it.

StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 StealthKnife
[QUOTE="StealthKnife"][QUOTE="Zidaneski"][QUOTE="StealthKnife"]

[QUOTE="Zidaneski"]I think in only seems stupid to people who don't have friends to play with or are so self-conscience about their image that playing something without gore and blood and shooting makes them less of a man or woman. Zidaneski

OMG! The ending was amazing, especially the Agni Kai. Yeah M.Night Shaylama (I know thats not how to spell his name) is directing the movie but with the help of the creators of Avatar. It comes out July 2, 2010. The whole man image thing I got a taste from Avatar, the show is so awesome but because it appears to be a kids a show (airing on Nickolodeon) many people don't watch it.

i agree it is acually the only show that i watch in nick, but i watch alot of nick at night!
alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 alwayspureblood
[QUOTE="alwayspureblood"][QUOTE="StealthKnife"][QUOTE="alwayspureblood"]

[QUOTE="StealthKnife"][QUOTE="gamenerd15"]You can build whatever you want. I heard you can even put a motor somwhere in the level to make the screen move by itself which means you have to hurry to make it through the level or you will get squashed. So basically you could possibly try and recreate mario levels, obviously without mushrooms and such. You can pretty much do anything you want and build whatever comes into your head and you think that is only worth 8 dollars/ You are extremely cheap and should sell your ps3 because you don't deserve to have it. StealthKnife

ya but the building a map is the game PERIOD that is what makes the game, if the developers only made the map it would suck!_ what i ment was that it is not like other games were u are versus, u are playing other peoples maps, which is a great idea, and would be excellant also, for shooters and racing games.

Actually, while teamwork is essential in LBP, you do compete in the levels against other players.

StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 StealthKnife
[QUOTE="StealthKnife"]

SOCOM 40$

LBP 60$

hummmmmmmm?

rockguy92

Mow a lawn.

i would rather spend i 60$ on socom and a haircut!

StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 StealthKnife
[QUOTE="StealthKnife"][QUOTE="alwayspureblood"][QUOTE="StealthKnife"][QUOTE="alwayspureblood"]

Actually, while teamwork is essential in LBP, you do compete in the levels against other players.

like a race right? who ever jumps over the obsticals faster wins!!! kinda like a racing game?
StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 StealthKnife
[QUOTE="StealthKnife"][QUOTE="alwayspureblood"][QUOTE="StealthKnife"][QUOTE="alwayspureblood"]

like a race right? who ever jumps over the obsticals faster wins!!! kinda like a racing game?