A PS3 cheat code disc?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

knufsed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 knufsed
Member since 2005 • 1073 Posts

Is there a "cheat disc" for the PS3 yet?

Like the AR Max cd for the PS2.

Just wondering.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
no, not yet atleast
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 DuhQbnSiLo
Member since 2007 • 622 Posts
i hate cheaters
Avatar image for deactivated-5bcab65d395ac
deactivated-5bcab65d395ac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5bcab65d395ac
Member since 2005 • 1197 Posts

nope

cheating is bad u turn into this :twisted:

Rixom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rixom
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts

i hate cheatersDuhQbnSiLo

Theres no need for cheating. The people that cheat are just not good at the game.

Rixom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rixom
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts

[QUOTE="DuhQbnSiLo"]i hate cheatersRixom

Theres no need for cheating. The people that cheat are just not good at the game.

Unless you want extra fun but you should do that after you finish the game

mattyperkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mattyperkins
Member since 2008 • 357 Posts

cheating is ok in GTA games, but only after youve already done it without them... Then its just fun to get as many guns as you can, and cause as much damage as you can :)...

and maybe in doom too

idkfa, iddqd, and idspispopd ftw

Dean28693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dean28693
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I Want The AR MAX Aswell So I Can Get The Big Boss Emblem On Mgs4
blind5sparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blind5sparrow
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts
For the most part I agree with cheat codes. I had one of those AR Max discs for the PS 2 and a game shark for the PS One but I only used it to check out locked vehickles or tracks that I had no hope of playing otherwise. And then only when I was playing solo and never against anyone else. I have less than two percent vision in one eye but I used to have enough sight to really enjoy video games. Now I have to play on a 52 inch HDTV just to see what I'm doing and I generally don't do that well. Still I enjoy it but rarely get to see the advanced levels or the really cool cars. One time in Midnight Club Dub Edition for PS 2 I used the Max disc to unlock a truck like my dad's truck which was stolen right before he was killed. Then I could customize it and have some fun even though with my eye sight I would never be able to get to that level on my own. But I know others use it for less noble reasons.
blind5sparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blind5sparrow
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts
One day back in the days of PS one I went into a Gamestop and asked for a GameShark for PlayStation 2 and the two geys behind the counter called me a bunch of names including unethical cheater and asked me to leave. I only wanted it becase I liked to open race cars and tracks on racing games that I coudln't see to race on otherwise. I don't like cheaters either. If one comes out the PS3 I will no doubt get it for some added fun but never use it against anyone for an unfair advantage.
river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts
cheat discs can make an old worn out game fun again. i never use them my first play through unless its an RPG (i hate leveling up in any game) but still playing old games with AR can make for some fun times, its when people bring these code into the online community that p!sses me off
Hiddren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hiddren
Member since 2008 • 1146 Posts
people cheat to be the best well really any cheaters reading this your not on PSN i got friends who really work for it insted of cheating :x
Xcaliber26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Xcaliber26
Member since 2008 • 218 Posts

Ever thought about people not having the time to put into unlocking everything and what not? It's different when people are cheating offline compared to online. I have been cheating on games since the original game genie on the NES :D. But online? I have never cheated online because that's skill vs skill compared to just wanting to get unlimited health during single player or whatever.

BRAWLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 BRAWLL
Member since 2007 • 307 Posts
nope and i dont think there will be one for anther 7 years or so... you see to have cheats on blu-ray disc games you need blu ray cheat discs and who owns the rights to Blu-Ray??? yep Sony and does Sony want you to cheat on their console?? no plus to sell it on the mass market you need persmision to do so
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
PS3 has a 1024bit encryption and is also, an online machine. If they can't seperate the online from single player, then a cheat disk will not exist. I don't mind cheating and messing around with a single player game. But cheating online ruins everything.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

nope and i dont think there will be one for anther 7 years or so... you see to have cheats on blu-ray disc games you need blu ray cheat discs and who owns the rights to Blu-Ray??? yep Sony and does Sony want you to cheat on their console?? no plus to sell it on the mass market you need persmision to do soBRAWLL

They could put it on a DVD with a PS3 bootable file, heck, even a CD. The Codebreakers for PS2 weren't exactly DVDs either.

lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lhbchen
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts
As long as the effects are on themselves only, any actions should be allowed. Those on the high horse should just leave other ppl alone.
Genexi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Genexi2
Member since 2005 • 3110 Posts
Given' that the majority of cheat devices on the last generation of consoles were unlicensed discs for the system in question, I'd doubt they'd try to release ones for the current generation when your online accounts prohibit cheating, and that the discs themselves would be black-listed in a firmware update.
Hiddren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hiddren
Member since 2008 • 1146 Posts
Read The Tag!!!
megamark84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 megamark84
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I for one would love to see a cheat disk of some kind for the ps3 I'm what you would call a weekend gamer I'm not wanting to cheat online against other people i don't play games online but I'm also getting a little old and my reflex's are not what they used to be when i was a teenager this weekend for example me and a m8 of mine (same age as me) have been playing darksiders now we managed to get all the way the what i would call the first major baddie a large winged creature called tiamat to get to this baddie took us about 2 hour and me and my Friend taking it in turns had a go at tiamat for another 2 hour and as yet we have not beat this monster we have knocked it out the sky with the sticky bombs and we have punched across the area several times but the creature will just not die now this game is not cheap and i know when i exchange it i will not get a fraction of what i paid for it if we cannot get past this creature then i feel i have waisted my hard earned cash with say infinite energy i could at least see the whole game so in this case a cheat disk would be good for me at least
Lilitudaemonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lilitudaemonus
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I agree about cheat codes, but I think the user should first play the game in regular then beat it, or do it in reverse like I do, cheat party hardy then play in normal mode, I do everything backwards don't ask.
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

I for one would love to see a cheat disk of some kind for the ps3 I'm what you would call a weekend gamer I'm not wanting to cheat online against other people i don't play games online but I'm also getting a little old and my reflex's are not what they used to be when i was a teenager this weekend for example me and a m8 of mine (same age as me) have been playing darksiders now we managed to get all the way the what i would call the first major baddie a large winged creature called tiamat to get to this baddie took us about 2 hour and me and my Friend taking it in turns had a go at tiamat for another 2 hour and as yet we have not beat this monster we have knocked it out the sky with the sticky bombs and we have punched across the area several times but the creature will just not die now this game is not cheap and i know when i exchange it i will not get a fraction of what i paid for it if we cannot get past this creature then i feel i have waisted my hard earned cash with say infinite energy i could at least see the whole game so in this case a cheat disk would be good for me at leastmegamark84
Personally, that would make me more determined to beat that part.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
Doubt youd see any cheat device now especially with the trophy/achievements. I did love my gameshark though on PS2 for GTA III. Had so much fun. Invincible armor, bullet proof cars, and my favorite, rocket ride where when you blew up a car it would lauch a thousand feet in the air with column of fire and then smoke behind it. Then after several seconds you would see it fall back down. VC was great too with the codebreaker with my favorite there being able to fly the apache under water and it was so cool stalking boats and then popping up, shooting, and then going under the waves again.
Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#24 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1583 Posts

i think there is a cheat disc, i saw it somewhere a few months back, i think it was either in argos or the game shop site, but was sold out. Could be wrong, but i was after a sony ear peice and sure i saw it on there

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14807 Posts
I don't think there is or ever will be. There would be too many issues dealing with trophies and online multiplayer.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Necrooooooooooooo
ajuncha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ajuncha
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
unlike ps1/ps2,is ps3-unhackable?e.i.wheres:"UNLIMITED- HEALTH";"UNLIMITED-AMMO';E.T.C.? lastly,"TROPHIES",are not "CHEATS"!!!. as "cheats", are combinations of letters/numbers,not -rewards!
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#28 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

NecroooooooooooooMonsieurX

X2!

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#29 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

Cheat discs and Game Sharks are a thing of the past sadly. With gaming going almost always online and competitive FPS and sports games being the most popular of all genres of gaming, we'll never see cheat discs again. It would be crazy easy for even a novice hacker to apply data from a cheat disc and use it online against other players.

Of course you can jailbreak a console and do whatever you want, just don't go online with it.

moyuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 moyuda
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
i hate cheatersDuhQbnSiLo
i do agree with you dude ------------------------------------------------------------------
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

It would be nice if Datel released an Action replay max for Playstation 3. Since the cheat disc work best with standard top hatch Disc consoles. The original playstation and PS1 and Playstation 2 slims 7000 & 9000 series.

The slot loading mechanics of all Playstation 3 may prevent the use of such a cheat code disc.

However since this 7th generation is the easiest for videogames. a cheater ccode unlocking disc. Like Datel replay action max or gameshark is not really needed this generation.

Back in the days of the 8-bit generation you need a cheat device. Game genie. However Playstation 3 does not require such a device. It would be interesting however.

MajinSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MajinSquall
Member since 2011 • 261 Posts

i only ever cheated on a game once and that was FFX because i accedently pulled the console off the table while it was saving and i lost all my data and i said to myself "i'm not bloody going through all that again" (i had finished the game and had all aeons all celestrial weapons and all dark aeons beat) so i used a cheat disc but only to get back what i had lost