What TV/Monitor do you use with your console?

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

I use a Sony Bravia FHD LED 32" TV I bought at a heavily discounted price last year and really enjoying it at the moment. I find 55" a bit difficult to play games on as I feel it has a slower response compared to smaller screens. I do have a Samsung 55" FHD LED and 3D capable TV but it doesn't work as well as the 32". Have tried playing my games on a gaming monitor but I feel the graphics are not as good on the monitor compared to the TV. What do everyone else use?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Shouldn't have a problem with input lag on the larger sized Sony Bravia TVs, especially the Sony W850B which is the 2014 model. It comes in 60" and 70" sizes and has been voted as the best gaming TV of 2014, it has an amazing low input lag of 24ms - the best ever recorded for an LCD TV.

Anyways, I'm currently working out a refund with Samsung for my 60" F7100 as it has developed a fault, and I'm waiting for the new 2015 model of the Sony Bravia which is launching this month (I want the 75").

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts

Sony Bravia FHD 22"

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I got no idea which model is my screen, all I know it´s a 32" Samsung which I want to upgrade for something larger ( once I can convince my wife that we NEED a larger screen for the living room ( where the game consoles are installed ).

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I have a 50" Sony W800B which I'm pretty happy with.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@GhostHawk196: I play on 1080p Panasonic PLASMA huge screen. I don't have lag or refresh rate problems you see on LED/LCD.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Panasonic S60 42" - it's the best 42" Plasma screen you get can get for gaming AFAIK, all the more expensive models have some input lag from additional signal processing.

aryianna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By aryianna
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

47" but I agree that it is hard to keep track of everything going on with a screen that large. I just don't happen to have another to switch to so I "suffer"

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BattleSpectre
@SolidTy said:

@GhostHawk196: I play on 1080p Panasonic PLASMA huge screen. I don't have lag or refresh rate problems you see on LED/LCD.

But Plasma technology have other problems like burn-in when you game on them for a very long period of time. Although newer model Plasmas aren't that bad when it comes to that regard, anyways I still don't get why they got rid of Plasmas considering their pro's over LCD/LED TVs.

Also like I mentioned not every LCD/LED has a problem with input lag. Like I mentioned the Sony W850B was voted the best TV for 2014 when it comes to gaming, and it has the lowest input lag ever recorded for a screen size that's 60". Link.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

One of these,

60" Kuro

46" Panasonic 2011 model

42" Sony 2010 model

32" Sony 2008 model (rarely use this as its only 720p)

24" BenQ FP241W (1200p)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SolidTy

@BattleSpectre said:
@SolidTy said:

But Plasma technology have other problems like burn-in when you game on them for a very long period of time. Although newer model Plasmas aren't that bad when it comes to that regard, anyways I still don't get why they got rid of Plasmas considering their pro's over LCD/LED TVs.

Also like I mentioned not every LCD/LED has a problem with input lag. Like I mentioned the Sony W850B was voted the best TV for 2014 when it comes to gaming, and it has the lowest input lag ever recorded for a screen size that's 60". Link.

No, not over Panny Plasma or just Plasma in general. I love Sony HDTVs, and I have a Sony LED in my house. I have a few LEDs in the house actually and a Samsung LED 40 inch upstairs, but that LED is limited because it's LED. Your W850B is only 120hz and in this day and age we have 240hz and 480hz LEDs out there. Your TV is only a step above the very bottom rung of 60hz. LED tech simply can't measure up to Plasma 600hz for gaming or fast action Blu-Ray movies. There is a reason why my Sony LED got moved from the main room to the Family room for the family and kiddies. It became apparent REAL quick the differences. I'm using a LG LED in the guest bedroom. I've never owned a 720p or 60hz LED and I never will.

I will say that I'm a twitch fighting gamer and I notice FRAMES of animation so my standards are incredibly high for my gaming, and I know not everyone has those standards. I can tell in one game of Street Fighter or Rockband what kind of HDTV I'm dealing with.

Burn in is not an issue with newer models which I own (and burn can also also a problem with LED/LCD as well also known as Image retention), but yes, it is a shame that Plasma tech is more expensive and deemed not worth making for the public because it's the superior technology for fast action and especially gaming. Still pictures look great on LED, but I can't STAND input lag and to this day CRT is still the best, Plasma plays second fiddle to CRT, and LED is last for gamers. Sony's W850B is great for an LED. I love Sony's LED, but there is a stark contrast with LED and Plasma. I only buy quality manufacturers and LED just doesn't cut it for higher standards and fast motion. That said, if you only have one big screen HDTV in your home, I'm glad you are enjoying the one you chose. I don't hate LED, I own three in the home, but it's not optimum for gaming. That said, some LEDs are far better than others and you got a good LED at least. I wish I could invite you over to my home, you could see the differences.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

A 75" Samsung LED TV in my living room and a 60" Samsung plasma in my bedroom.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Burn-in isnt a problem exactly, its an issue but way overblown.

The main issue is power consumption, plasma's use a boat load of energy, and when everything now-a-days is being highly power conscious, it had to die eventually.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Panasonic 32 inch flat screen for modern consoles PS4 Xbox one, PS3, Xbox 360. and a CRT for old school consoles Sega Genesis, SNES, NES

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BattleSpectre

@SolidTy: I don't own the 60" W850B haha, I did mention I own a Samsung 60" F7100 but it has developed a fault and I'm currently working out a refund with Samsung. I just like to review TVs and saw that the Sony was the best gaming TV, and features the lowest input lag ever recorded for an LCD/LED TV, I wasn't comparing it to that of a Plasma screen as I know the Plasma has the edge when it comes to things like that.

Also when you mention that it's only an 120hz TV, that doesn't mean much especially for gaming - it may be important for movies but all that extra processing the TV does only adds more input lag and motion blur for gaming. You comparing it to a bottom of the line 60Hz TV is not accurate, I recommend you read that link (or any other reputable reviewer) I posted because it was compared to the top of the line full HD 240Hz Samsung H7150 and the Sony W850B had less motion blur for gaming, the same if not better picture quality and a much lower input lag (24.3ms compared to Samsung's 43.4ms) when in game/PC mode.

I'm not sure how high your standards are, but competitive gamers shouldn't notice any input lag under 30ms when playing games where it really matters, like FPS and Fighting games (saying an LED is not optimum for gaming is a little far fetched considering I've been gaming on LCD/LED TVs for many years with input lag as high up as the 50's and never noticed it, maybe I have low standards. But the W850B with an input lag of 24ms is perfect for any sort of game, competitive or not). Believe me I wanted and can use my Plasma that I have down stairs for gaming too, but I've heard too many stories and experiences with burn-in when you game on them for a long period of time. Unfortunately it does affect newer models because my mate recently purchased the last of the great Plasmas - Samsung's 2014 F8500 and after he plays games for more than 6 hours he needs to run a movie or moving images as it does/and can burn-in. I wouldn't say it's a big problem but it's still present and can happen.

Also thank you for the invite haha, but I do have a Plasma down stairs for my TV/Movie watching needs - but I've just been too scared to game on it because of the burn-in issues that can arise. Hence why I bought an LCD/LED TV for exclusive 100% use for gaming, no movies or Blu-Rays I just game on it. I've always wanted to try and game on my Plasma though and see just how different it is. Anyways, enjoy your TVs =]

PS: At the end of the day I know Plasmas are superior, but when you say that LCD/LED TVs are not optimum for gaming (especially now when you can get large screen sizes up to 60" and 70" with a super impressive low input lag of 24ms that statement is just simply not true).

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GhostHawk196

@TheFlush: Very Impressive!

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GhostHawk196

BTW This is my setup, nothing impressive but gets the job done, guess the perks of console gaming is you can play in bed or on a comfy sofa. If I had a blank cheque to get the absolute best then I would definitely get a Sony W850 or X95.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i am using a bravia kdl 55nx810, which i bought back in november 2010 and am quite happy with it... i was thinking about replacing my tv every 5 years to keep up with the most current tech, however i guess i am going to stick with it until the price of oled tvs sink for a bit, since they are quite expensive and i do want to get a larger tv set... :)

@BattleSpectre, i sometimes used to game on my girfriend's philips plasma tv when i was over at her place around 2006 and it developed burn-in although i wasn't using it that much... i wonder how the new hd and uhd projectors work out with gaming and how is their input lag??? :)

RetroGameBros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RetroGameBros
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I have a 21" benq for my Pc, a 32"samsung LED for newer consoles but my favorite is my sony trinitron 26" CRT for all the old RGB goodness =D

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I don't know why but I got really accustomed to my 24" PC Monitor (Samsung Series 3) lately. The crispness, clarity and closeness of the viewing is showing me all the little details I didn't catch on my TV. Maybe it's because I'm sitting close to it due to its PC nature? Either way, I'm going to keep playing on it for little longer. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

eeeh the old venerable Samsung ES8005 55" was a fairly decent tv for the Price I paid, It is strictly there for the consoles pretty much, as I never Watch tv, rarely Watch movies (maybe once a month).

So a middle of the line tv.

Avatar image for DJRyuuji_Fury17
DJRyuuji_Fury17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#23 DJRyuuji_Fury17
Member since 2010 • 100 Posts

Panasonic 32" Viera TV in the Bedroom (also as a PC monitor.) and a 65" Toshiba LCD TV 120Hz in the living room as well as a 32" Panasonic Viera LCD TV Mounted on the Wall In the Kitchen and a 42" Samsung 3D LED TV in the Family Room. All TVs are connected to Directv With the Genie System. my Bedroom uses a PS4, PS3 and PS2.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

I have a 55 inch LG, but I'm not happy with it. It said it was 120hz, but it wasn't true 120hz. It kicks in at the lowest setting only for blu rays automatically.

It's not the best at handling motion in games either. I wish I knew all this before buying it. It does the job. It's not horrible and most people might not notice, but I'm aware there is better out there. I'm pretty sure my 32 inch vizio in my bedroom has better refresh.

Link to LG 55 inch TV

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#25 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts

Samsung 32" LCD Full HD. No idea what model but I think it's a D500 series. Got it quite cheap from John Lewis.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#26  Edited By quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

I am using a 43 inch RCA LED tv for my PS4 out in the living room (tis' my parents tv), I have a 32 inch Samsung LCD in my room for my Xbox 360, as for my Wii U I have it hooked up to a 22 inch LG Flatron PC monitor with an Av splitter to hook up the audio too an external speaker source.

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

32inch Samsung 1080p LED

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

40" Bravia

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

Sporting a 50" Vizio. Replaced a 42" plasma that heated up the room.

http://www.cnet.com/products/vizio-e480i-b2/

Avatar image for british02081979
British02081979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 British02081979
Member since 2015 • 57 Posts

32 inch LCD

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

It's a 42" Philips which I use for my PC and consoles. Nothing fancy, gets the job done.

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@BattleSpectre said:
@SolidTy said:

No, not over Panny Plasma or just Plasma in general. I love Sony HDTVs, and I have a Sony LED in my house. I have a few LEDs in the house actually and a Samsung LED 40 inch upstairs, but that LED is limited because it's LED. Your W850B is only 120hz and in this day and age we have 240hz and 480hz LEDs out there. Your TV is only a step above the very bottom rung of 60hz. LED tech simply can't measure up to Plasma 600hz for gaming or fast action Blu-Ray movies. There is a reason why my Sony LED got moved from the main room to the Family room for the family and kiddies. It became apparent REAL quick the differences. I'm using a LG LED in the guest bedroom. I've never owned a 720p or 60hz LED and I never will.

I will say that I'm a twitch fighting gamer and I notice FRAMES of animation so my standards are incredibly high for my gaming, and I know not everyone has those standards. I can tell in one game of Street Fighter or Rockband what kind of HDTV I'm dealing with.

Burn in is not an issue with newer models which I own (and burn can also also a problem with LED/LCD as well also known as Image retention), but yes, it is a shame that Plasma tech is more expensive and deemed not worth making for the public because it's the superior technology for fast action and especially gaming. Still pictures look great on LED, but I can't STAND input lag and to this day CRT is still the best, Plasma plays second fiddle to CRT, and LED is last for gamers. Sony's W850B is great for an LED. I love Sony's LED, but there is a stark contrast with LED and Plasma. I only buy quality manufacturers and LED just doesn't cut it for higher standards and fast motion. That said, if you only have one big screen HDTV in your home, I'm glad you are enjoying the one you chose. I don't hate LED, I own three in the home, but it's not optimum for gaming. That said, some LEDs are far better than others and you got a good LED at least. I wish I could invite you over to my home, you could see the differences.

It's a shame that plasma TV's cost more and use more energy...

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SolidTy

@CWEBB04z said:

@SolidTy said:

BattleSpectre said:
@SolidTy said:

It's a shame that plasma TV's cost more and use more energy...

Yes, it really is. :(

MakoShark222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MakoShark222
Member since 2014 • 55 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KJEZI86/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Samsung UN55HU8700 Curved 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz 3D Smart LED TV

Upscales all my games to 4k and will play any title in 3D even though the game doesn't have the option. Game mode no lag what so ever. Great buy!

JediBUZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JediBUZ
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

@retrogamebros: Hay there what is the model number of your Sony CRT Set? Thanks