The Laid Back Lounge VII: The Seventh

#2051 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -

@LightR said:

@MethodManFTW: ngl he's becoming one of my favourite characters. He's come a long way

Was just about to say... Jaime has become one of my favorite characters in books. Sadly, the show's not doing as much to redeem him.

#2052 Posted by MethodManFTW (25666 posts) -

@LightR said:

@MethodManFTW: ngl he's becoming one of my favourite characters. He's come a long way

Was just about to say... Jaime has become one of my favorite characters in books. Sadly, the show's not doing as much to redeem him.

I hate, hate, hate, hate him! He definitely has some redemptive arcs but overall he is a garbage person. :P What does ngl stand for? No good lannister? :P

#2053 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@LightR said:

I hate, hate, hate, hate him! He definitely has some redemptive arcs but overall he is a garbage person. :P What does ngl stand for? No good lannister? :P

Yeah, in the show he comes off as just plain scummy. In the books, though, he reaches a point where he feels regret and remorse and strives to become an honorable person. He starts to realize what a monster Cersai is and wants nothing to do with her. He still fights for the Lannisters, obviously, but he starts to treat his enemies with dignity. There's a scene in the show where he knocks the King's Guard Record book off the table to bang Cersai on it. I was like WTF!? Because he actually obsesses over that book and the fact that his legacy is bullshit compared to all the other great knights listed in it, and he wants to write himself a new legacy. He wants to be redeemed and be remembered as something other than a Kingslayer. But then in the show... all he wants to do is bang his sister. :/

#2054 Edited by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@LightR said:

Yeah, in the show he comes off as just plain scummy. In the books, though, he reaches a point where he feels regret and remorse and strives to become an honorable person. He starts to realize what a monster Cersai is and wants nothing to do with her. He still fights for the Lannisters, obviously, but he starts to treat his enemies with dignity. There's a scene in the show where he knocks the King's Guard Record book off the table to bang Cersai on it. I was like WTF!? Because he actually obsesses over that book and the fact that his legacy is bullshit compared to all the other great knights listed in it, and he wants to write himself a new legacy. He wants to be redeemed and be remembered as something other than a Kingslayer. But then in the show... all he wants to do is bang his sister. :/

To be fair, I wanna bang his sister too :P But yeah I agree Jamie is just a much more fleshed out character in the books than he is in the show. I like him in the show, but there's just so much more depth to him that's missing and they really could have made him better.

#2055 Posted by MethodManFTW (25666 posts) -

Game of Thrones end of season 1 beginning of season 2

The dude that has Aryas back all the time while they are on the road is (one of?) Roberts bastard sons, right? He just eventually stops showing up in the show at some point for no real story reason right? Oh wait wtf, as I am typing this a dude from the King's Guard called him the Bastard boy.. If it is common knowledge he is Roberts real son shouldn't he be the king? Or at that point it is too late regardless, Geoffrey has taken the throne, so nothing else really matters?

#2056 Posted by MethodManFTW (25666 posts) -

If you told me the Bran storyline was the most important I'd believe you, but I've found most of it pretty boring.

#2057 Edited by LightR (17448 posts) -

As someone who hasn't read the books I feel like he's learnt humility and really questions his actions now - except when it comes to his lover for his sister. You could see this change in S1E10 that he had to act and no longer enjoyed any of it.

#2058 Posted by LightR (17448 posts) -

22 Jump Street is the funniest movie I've ever seen in theatres. It trumped the first, and the first was a laughfest.

#2059 Posted by Young_Charter (19870 posts) -

@LightR said:

@Young_Charter: I know how you feel, my GF is addicted to Toddlers in Tiaras and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. I wouldn't normally watch those. Otherwise I mostly pick the shows, like Fringe - but it is hard to find shows for both of us.

Which is why Netflix is no longer enough at this point lol. It's to a point where we could end up sitting down trying to make decisions of what to watch and its already been five mins. I thinking about either considering subscribing to Hulu Plus soon, or just going the movie route and download what to watch.

#2060 Posted by MethodManFTW (25666 posts) -

I remember Theon as a sympathetic character... I think I remembered wrong.

#2061 Posted by ryrulez (11604 posts) -

all these got posts made me look at the plot summaries for the next two books and, man, i'd forgotten a lot of stuff that happens in those. particularly from dwd. there was some stuff (mainly with brienne) that i have no memory of whatsoever.

#2062 Edited by MethodManFTW (25666 posts) -

S2E06

After The Hound rescued Sansa he seems more heroic than Jamie to me. Though maybe I'm forgetting all the good stuff Jamie has done.

I don't remember who the bad guy{s} is/are in Qarth... The Warlocks I would assume.. We will see.

#2063 Posted by ryrulez (11604 posts) -

bought tomb raider even though i got it from ps+ purely because of tressfx...

#2064 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

If you told me the Bran storyline was the most important I'd believe you, but I've found most of it pretty boring.

It is boring. And it's waaaay more boring in DWD.

As for the bastard: Gendry's entitlement to the throne is the reason his master lets him be sent to the wall, for his safety. The Gold cloaks were were culling all of Robert's bastards. And, although it doesn't happen this way in the books, Malisandra finds and takes him to Dragonstone to sacrifice him, because she needs the blood of a king for some mystical shit. Then Davos lets him out and tells him to run (can't remember if he got away or not). That happened in the book, but it wasn't Gendry. It was another one of Robert's bastards who lived on Dragonstone. Gendry was left in the Riverlands, at some Inn, where he and Arya parted ways.

The Hound is another one of my favorites. He has a hero's spirit, but he's too broken and bitter to give a damn about the world. He was raised by monsters and treated like shit his whole life. He just wants understanding and, for once, to be seen as something besides the dog with the fucked up face. He wanted that from Sansa, but she could hardly stand to look at him. Arya, though...

Warlocks, yes.

And damn these spoiler tag thingies.

#2065 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

Red Team is a bunch of goddamn cheaters. Debating on whether to buy RE4 or not since I don't have my Wii anymore. Anyone play the PC version?

umadbro?

#2066 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

welp another year of being a counselor without killing anyone. like a baws!

#2067 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71410 posts) -

Like a baws?

#2068 Posted by ryrulez (11604 posts) -

finally bought my new gpu. got a pretty good deal on a r9 280x.

#2069 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -

@ryrulez said:

finally bought my new gpu. got a pretty good deal on a r9 280x.

Awesome. I got the r9 270x, and it's fucking fantastic. I'm rocking max settings on pretty much everything.

#2070 Edited by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

can't wait til wednesday. got a stickerless and a 5x5x5 cube coming from amazon =D

yeah i may be a bit of a geek...

#2071 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71410 posts) -

YES! Germany advances!

#2072 Posted by MethodManFTW (25666 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

It is boring. And it's waaaay more boring in DWD.

As for the bastard: Gendry's entitlement to the throne is the reason his master lets him be sent to the wall, for his safety. The Gold cloaks were were culling all of Robert's bastards. And, although it doesn't happen this way in the books, Malisandra finds and takes him to Dragonstone to sacrifice him, because she needs the blood of a king for some mystical shit. Then Davos lets him out and tells him to run (can't remember if he got away or not). That happened in the book, but it wasn't Gendry. It was another one of Robert's bastards who lived on Dragonstone. Gendry was left in the Riverlands, at some Inn, where he and Arya parted ways.

The Hound is another one of my favorites. He has a hero's spirit, but he's too broken and bitter to give a damn about the world. He was raised by monsters and treated like shit his whole life. He just wants understanding and, for once, to be seen as something besides the dog with the fucked up face. He wanted that from Sansa, but she could hardly stand to look at him. Arya, though...

Warlocks, yes.

And damn these spoiler tag thingies.

Thanks for the insight.

#2073 Posted by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -

Figures you waited till after it was over to tell us you were doing it this year. Didn't give us any time to warn those poor children. They may never come out of their rooms again.

#2074 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

Figures you waited till after it was over to tell us you were doing it this year. Didn't give us any time to warn those poor children. They may never come out of their rooms again.

thats just how i roll =P

#2075 Posted by Young_Charter (19870 posts) -

@LightR said:

22 Jump Street is the funniest movie I've ever seen in theatres. It trumped the first, and the first was a laughfest.

The first one was funny af. I didn't finish it tho. Only because my gf and I fell asleep lol.

#2076 Posted by MethodManFTW (25666 posts) -

Any of yall watch the pilot of The Leftovers? I wasn't going to because I don't really care about Lindelolf but since HBO put it up for free, why not..

Just started, but wow, has a The Last of Us-esque opening scene.

#2077 Edited by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

thats just how i roll =P

seriously, though. i hate coming back after it. miss my kids so much :(

#2078 Posted by MethodManFTW (25666 posts) -

can't even deal with this giant bomb drama -____-

#2079 Posted by MethodManFTW (25666 posts) -

SSM making another God of War game.

http://sms.playstation.com/careers/33/community-manager/

What a fucking waste... STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP.

#2080 Posted by commonfate (12294 posts) -

problem shitlord?

#2081 Posted by LightR (17448 posts) -

Heyo Canada Day fireworks. And in three days can double dip and watch your belated celebration of Canada Day from across the river.

#2082 Posted by MethodManFTW (25666 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

problem shitlord?

the whole thing was just so dumb. I agree, diversity would be fantastic at giant bomb, and it will certainly happen, but there could not possibly be a better fit for anyone anywhere than dan ryckert at giant bomb. though this should worry me as someone who doesn't care at all about wrestling.. maddy myers (and obviously many many others) would be great, but dan is a perfect fit.

#2083 Posted by gizmo_logix (4224 posts) -

Does this lounge have a comfy couch I can sit in?

#2084 Posted by ryrulez (11604 posts) -

Installed my new GPU and replaced the thermal paste on my CPU and nothing broke. 8)

#2085 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -

Still waiting to purchase my new CPU. I'm thinking of going with the FX 8350. Already have a new AM3+ MB and some RAM on the way. Buying PC parts one at a time blows, though. After seeing what the 270x can do with an old dual core, I am so ready to harness that power!

#2086 Posted by Terrencec06 (3517 posts) -

So ready for this weekend.

#2087 Posted by MethodManFTW (25666 posts) -

@ryrulez said:

Installed my new GPU and replaced the thermal paste on my CPU and nothing broke. 8)

nice dude, i almost fried my whole pc messing with thermal paste.

#2088 Edited by Young_Charter (19870 posts) -

@ryrulez said:

nice dude, i almost fried my whole pc messing with thermal paste.

its a pain in the ass using that. I still haven't fixed my gateway laptop.

#2089 Posted by MethodManFTW (25666 posts) -

S3E04 Game of Thrones

WWWWWWWWTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFF.. Man, that sucks that Mormont dies to that rapist punk.. At least I think I remember him being a rapist.

#2090 Posted by MethodManFTW (25666 posts) -

I think the most satisfying scene in GoT so far has been when (the?) Khaleesi first commands the unsullied. God damn.

#2091 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

I think the most satisfying scene in GoT so far has been when (the?) Khaleesi first commands the unsullied. God damn.

Definitely one of the best. I'm still most fond of Sandor's chicken scene, myself.

"I'm gonna eat every fucking chicken in this room."

#2092 Posted by MethodManFTW (25666 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

Definitely one of the best. I'm still most fond of Sandor's chicken scene, myself.

Haaaaa. Yes.

S3E05

I totally forgot that fire priest revived the leader of the Brotherhood without Banners. :O The Lord of Light is pretty legit I guess...

#2093 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -

Sadly, Lord Beric was crazy underplayed in the show. He was a legend across the Riverlands for his supernatural survival skills.

#2094 Edited by LightR (17448 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@commonfate said:
@MethodManFTW said:

problem shitlord?

the whole thing was just so dumb. I agree, diversity would be fantastic at giant bomb, and it will certainly happen, but there could not possibly be a better fit for anyone anywhere than dan ryckert at giant bomb. though this should worry me as someone who doesn't care at all about wrestling.. maddy myers (and obviously many many others) would be great, but dan is a perfect fit.

I just read into that, and I don't understand why it's being given so much attention. She doesn't even have a leg to stand on. Anything that has to do with feminism makes me cringe. It's pretty bad when you have people who need to assert themselves as humanist instead of feminist just so they're taking seriously.

#2095 Posted by LightR (17448 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

I felt when Jaime opened up to Xena the warrior princess in the tub was one of the best scenes in the show.

#2096 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -

@LightR said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@commonfate said:
@MethodManFTW said:

problem shitlord?

I just read into that, and I don't understand why it's being given so much attention. She doesn't even have a leg to stand on. Anything that has to do with feminism makes me cringe. It's pretty bad when you have people who need to assert themselves as humanist instead of feminist just so they're taking seriously.

Honestly, that tweet just makes her look dumb and immature - not a person I'd want running my shit. And i just love the dude's logic at the bottom: "You suggest this man was most qualified, therefore you think all women are not qualified." Try again, you chubby dick.

#2097 Posted by LightR (17448 posts) -

Starte watching No Game No Life. It's been interesting so far, kind of like SAO.

#2098 Posted by Terrencec06 (3517 posts) -

Now I need to play Dead Space 2 before I play free DS3.

#2099 Posted by Young_Charter (19870 posts) -

Now I need to play Dead Space 2 before I play free DS3.

I played DS2 already so I can't wait to play 3 soon. If you wanna play co op just let me know.

#2100 Posted by MethodManFTW (25666 posts) -

@LightR said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@commonfate said:
@MethodManFTW said:

problem shitlord?

A very dumb response that she either misintrepreted or was just tired of all the shit she was getting... I've seen other people reacting to that like the dude meant there are no qualified female applicants, which, of course there are plenty, Dan Ryckert was just the most qualified for Giant Bomb by far... The one thing that actually made me mad was Leigh Alexander.. She tweeted something to the effect of "Time to go back to work, anything I write is far superior to anything ever written by the giant bomb staff".. I like Leigh but she was way out of line there.