The Laid Back Lounge VII: The Seventh

#1751 Posted by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -

Don't really give a shit about E3 this year... Dunno why.

Same here. *sighs*

#1752 Edited by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Why's everyone hating on EA? I loved the conference tbh

Because their conference was shit. It was basically just sports, Dragon Age, and Battlefield. The developer diaries are great for like collector's edition bonuses or stuff you post to your YouTube page, but for an E3 press conference they're dull. People wanna see trailers and gameplay, not behind the scenes stuff. Unfortunately all the big stuff like Star Wars, Mass Effect, and Mirror's Edge they really showed nothing. And for the new IP that BioWare said they were working on, wtf was it? They didn't really say anything about it.

Dawngate, Battlefront, a new ip from Bioware, Battlefield Hardline, new criterion game, what's not to like?

Dawngate was meh, Battlefront was a boring dev diary, new IP from BioWare they didn't say shit about other than they were making one so another boring dev diary, Battlefield was ok, new Criterion Game was another boring dev diary. I wasn't saying the game lineup was bad, I'm just saying what was shown of these games was really boring. Again, at an E3 press conference no on wants to watch dev diaries. We wanna see trailers and gameplay. Look at Ubi's conference in comparison. Almost every single game they showcased had actual gameplay, a few of which were live demos. The rest all had trailers. No boring behind the scenes shit. They actually showcased the games themselves.

#1753 Posted by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

I also learned that I am REEEEALLY bad at Battlefield. I've never been great at multiplayer shooters, but I don't think I've ever been THAT bad in a game before.

#1754 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70678 posts) -

@Texas2089: I actually liked the developer diary way more than the generiic CGI trailers from MS. Also most of the stuff MS showed were third party...

#1755 Posted by MethodManFTW (25586 posts) -
#1756 Posted by LightR (17445 posts) -

I also learned that I am REEEEALLY bad at Battlefield. I've never been great at multiplayer shooters, but I don't think I've ever been THAT bad in a game before.

Battlefield is a lot different than Call of Duty and some other shooters. There are some ways to play Battlefield that are really good and abusable IMO.

#1757 Posted by MethodManFTW (25586 posts) -

I really hate the PS4 interface. Let me make folders and shit.

#1758 Posted by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

Sony time. Gonna be weird not seeing Jack Tretton anymore :(

#1759 Edited by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@Texas2089: :O Did you play Hardline?

Yeah PC beta. Did not go well :P

@LightR: Idk apparently I didn't figure out the good way to play then cause I got stomped. Maybe it's because I'm more used to how CoD plays. Idk.

#1760 Posted by MethodManFTW (25586 posts) -

@Texas2089: Yeah the Battlefield games are hard.. Needs so much patience it feels like a fighting game at certain times... I can get like a 4 kd/r sometimes in Titanfall but usually have ~1 kd/r in Battlefield 4.

Was the Hardline multiplayer just normal battlefield multiplayer or was there any cops and robbers type stuff?

#1761 Edited by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

White PS4. Sexyyyyy. Looks like I finally know when I'm getting a PS4. Gonna like nice next to my White PS3.

@MethodManFTW: There were 2 game modes. Blood money, where you try and take as much money as you can from the other team's vault and take it back to yours, and Heist which is what was shown during the press conference.

#1762 Posted by LightR (17445 posts) -

LBP3. GG, nobody thought it'd be here.

#1763 Posted by MethodManFTW (25586 posts) -

@LightR: I don't really care about LBP in general, but an original LBP not made by MediaMolecule is weird.

#1764 Posted by LightR (17445 posts) -

@LightR: I don't really care about LBP in general, but an original LBP not made by MediaMolecule is weird.

Me either, but as far as the conferences have gone the only other game that nobody knew about was Rainbow Six. Not much kept under wraps and then released this year.

#1765 Posted by LightR (17445 posts) -

Or is Halo 5 this year too? I forget.

#1766 Posted by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

@LightR said:

Or is Halo 5 this year too? I forget.

Halo 5 is next year. The Master Chief Collection is this year.

FC4 gameplay looks pretty dope. Really can't wait for that one.

#1767 Posted by MethodManFTW (25586 posts) -

Dead Island 2 trailer was really cool. Though, Dead Island games are pretty good at having good trailers and sucking as far as the actual game goes. The Far Cry 4 stuff was sick though.

#1768 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13130 posts) -

That's probably the most appropriate song they could have used for a TLoU trailer. Frisson.

OH MY GOD THIS MGS TRAILER!!

Man, I feel like such a little kid watching this shit. I'm giddy.

AK looks amaaaazing! A Bat-tank, though? Never.

#1769 Posted by MethodManFTW (25586 posts) -

Next gen GTA 5, i'm fucking in for that. Dunno if PC or PS4 though.. PS4 probably, maybe?

#1770 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13130 posts) -

Next gen, Drake looks exactly like Nathan Fillion now. Fucking cool.

#1771 Posted by MethodManFTW (25586 posts) -

pc confirmed for gta 5 finally.

#1772 Posted by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

Uncharted 4. Man those graphics are sick. Batman looks sooooooo good and that MGSV trailer? You win Sony. So glad I decided to wait on GTA V now too. TLOU looks gorgeous on PS4. I should probably go back and finish it, or at least pick up the PS4 version. Really excited for Ratchet and Clank movie too :P I'm intrigued by Bloodborne but not really sure about it yet. The Vita offerings were extremely disappointing though. They dedicated a whole like 30 seconds to talking about Vita. I love my Vita and there are some great games coming out for it, but not really a ton of exclusive new IPs or anything. Mostly a bunch of ports that are already out or ar coming to other systems.

#1773 Posted by yokofox33 (29367 posts) -

No Man's Sky, Batman, and Abzu were my winners.

#1774 Posted by MethodManFTW (25586 posts) -

last of us coming july 27th. i imagine that is a day one for me.

#1775 Posted by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -

GTAV PS4, TLOU , UC4

#1776 Edited by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

Everyone seems to be downplaying the biggest news out of E3: Far Cry 4 has elephants. Fucking. Elephants. GOTY confirmed.

#1777 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13130 posts) -

Everyone seems to be downplaying the biggest news out of E3: Far Cry 4 has elephants. Fucking. Elephants. GOTY confirmed.

Pagan Min was the best reveal so far. Crazy bastards voiced by Troy Baker are the best kind of anything.

#1778 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13130 posts) -

Okay, I've finally reviewed all of the E3 content, so here is my 'Best Of' list...

Best trailers: Division, AC Unity, MGSV, and Dead Island

Best games: Fuck if i know, all I saw was trailers

Best publisher showing: Definitely Ubisoft AKA definitely not EA

Best studio showing: Rocksteady, of course (runner up: Platinum for showing us what not to do)

Best voice actor: Whoever was pretending to be Jack Black and Aaron Paul in the Dead Island trailer

Best graphics: Farcry 4 for next-gen yak fur

Best gameplay: Farcry 4 for kicking explosive barrels on dudes

Best thing I'd never heard of: NOTHING. The only new things were 'meh'

Best thing that wasn't a sequel: All three of them looked good, really

Best thing that almost made me weep: That Division trailer. Seriously, what the hell, Ubi?

Best thing resembling a life-long dream: No Man's Sky

Best thing to chop off of a badass: Big Boss's ponytail

Best thing to happen in October: Batman Arkham Knight

Best news. Period: GTAV coming to PC

And the winner for 'Best thing of all' is.... 2015. Holy damn, what a year it'll be.

#1779 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70678 posts) -

I liked the Sony conference the most tbh

#1780 Posted by ryrulez (11604 posts) -

sony just mentioning vib rhythm was maybe the craziest part of that conference. would be cool to see them doing something with that. amplitude actually getting funded showed there's still at least some audience for the kind of game.

#1781 Edited by Terrencec06 (3457 posts) -

LOL Drake got married and hung up his adventure boots..... Money or Treasure always brings them back lol.

#1782 Edited by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@Texas2089 said:

Pagan Min was the best reveal so far. Crazy bastards voiced by Troy Baker are the best kind of anything.

Wow I didn't even realize that was Troy Baker. I went back and watched it and in certain phrases you can make out his voice, but for the most part he completely changes his voice and nails it. So now we have elephants AND crazy, maniacal Troy Baker villain? GOTG confirmed?

Also, I would love to know how you're playing Batman AK in October. Whatever you're doing to make that happen let me in on it. I vote Assassin's Creed for best thing in October.

#1783 Posted by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

Nintendo just won E3.

#1784 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13130 posts) -

Also, I would love to know how you're playing Batman AK in October. Whatever you're doing to make that happen let me in on it. I vote Assassin's Creed for best thing in October.

Oh, goddammit. I forgot it was pushed back. :(

Unity it is, then.

#1785 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13130 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

Nintendo just won E3.

Yoshi Big Planet looks neato. Honestly, I just tuned in. What did I miss? Starfox? Please, say Starfox.

EDIT: Oh, snap. They gettin' ready to sell some Wii-U.

#1786 Edited by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@Texas2089 said:

Nintendo just won E3.

Yoshi Big Planet looks neato. Honestly, I just tuned in. What did I miss? Starfox? Please, say Starfox.

You missed Reggie fighting Iwata. That alone won E3 for Nintendo. There's gonna be a new Star Fox game announced later I think. Saw an article on Kotaku earlier that said it got leaked prior to announcement.

New Zelda looks pretty. Wrf are those arrows though? And Bayonetta 2 might give ACU a run for it's 'Best game in October' title. Looks soooo awesome, and you get the first game for free with Samus and Link costumes.

#1787 Edited by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

Xenoblade Chronicles. Yeeeeeeeessssss.

#1788 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13130 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@Texas2089 said:

Nintendo just won E3.

You missed Reggie fighting Iwata. That alone won E3 for Nintendo. There's gonna be a new Star Fox game announced later I think. Saw an article on Kotaku earlier that said it got leaked prior to announcement.

New Zelda looks pretty. Wrf are those arrows though? And Bayonetta 2 might give ACU a run for it's 'Best game in October' title. Looks soooo awesome, and you get the first game for free with Samus and Link costumes.

Ha. That is pretty awesome! I love having kids and the excuse to get them a Nintendo for Christmas. *wink wink*

#1789 Posted by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

That game Miyamoto was playing looked like Starfox but they blurred it out. Anyway, great show from Nintendo. New Zelda, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Xenoblade, Yoshi, Pokemon, Smash Bros.. Even that Toad game looked kinda cool. Looks like I might finally be getting a Wii U.

#1790 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13130 posts) -

Did some digging and found this from today:

Pretty sure that's just an HD version of Starfox 64... dammit.

#1791 Edited by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

2015 is going to be insaaaaane.

• The Witcher 3
  • The Order 1886
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • Halo 5
  • Persona 5
  • Quantum Break
  • Star Wars
  • The Division
  • Uncharted 4
  • Zelda
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Dead Island 2
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • MGSV

Also potentially KH III and/or FFXV. Holy shit.

#1792 Edited by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -
#1793 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13130 posts) -
#1794 Edited by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#1795 Posted by MethodManFTW (25586 posts) -

Kamiya talking shit on twitter about bayonetta 2. Man that guy gives no fucks.

#1796 Edited by Terrencec06 (3457 posts) -

Destiny looks pretty good.

#1797 Edited by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

Kamiya talking shit on twitter about bayonetta 2. Man that guy gives no fucks.

He sure doesn't.

#1798 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70678 posts) -

i am really looking forward to AC Unity, Driveclub, Destiny and Dragon Age. I've got enough games to play this fall aswell as my gigantic backlog

#1799 Posted by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -

Good E3. But lately I am so frugal that only few of those game will be selected at that 60.00 price frame..

#1800 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13130 posts) -

The games I'm now looking forward to most (for 2014) are Farcry 4, AC: Unity, DA: Iquisition, and GTAV