My PS3 trophy stories are not publishing on Facebook

This topic is locked from further discussion.

metalgrinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 metalgrinch
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts

Anyone else having this problem? I was recently playing El Shaddai when I first got it like a week ago and it was displaying Trophies just fine. I recently had to change my facebook password but reset my trophy story PS3 option so it would publish. So a couple of my El Shaddai trophies published on the fb news feed. Yet just yesterday I got a trophy on Street Fighter 3 as well as today getting 2 or 3 trophies on Uncharted 3, and none of them have published on fb. I didn't touch the trophy option on my PS3 and never turned it off. Why all of a sudden did it just stop publishing trophy stories? This happen to anyone else? What could I do to try and fix it, or this is a facebook networking problem?

katieulett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 katieulett
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Usually my trophies only publish when I turn my console on/off or if I manually select the Trophy Collection on my PS3 - they don't usually immediately publish to FB as soon as you get them, so maybe try doing that, or manually syncing them, and it might work again? Not sure, just a thought :)

metalgrinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 metalgrinch

Usually my trophies only publish when I turn my console on/off or if I manually select the Trophy Collection on my PS3 - they don't usually immediately publish to FB as soon as you get them, so maybe try doing that, or manually syncing them, and it might work again? Not sure, just a thought :)

katieulett

How do you manually sync trophies? When it was working, all my trophies actually WOULD publish next to immediately. I'd get a trophy, turn on my nook tablet, check facebook, and it was there.

Danituga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Danituga
Member since 2009 • 561 Posts
I agree with Katie. You update your trophies when for example you go to your freind list and select you or select a friend and compare trophies, the ps will synch the trophies and that should do it
metalgrinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 metalgrinch

Cool, I'll try it, thanks!

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
All I had to do was, clicked on my profile and it did it's thing.. boom, right there on my Facebook page. works everytime.
mstrchf12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 mstrchf12
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
You have to manually sync your trophies and then it gets updates on PSN and on facebook(if enabled)
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Why would you want to spam peoples' walls with your recent trophies?:?

metalgrinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 metalgrinch

So i manually synced it and all the trophies that didn't post finally did. The all came together in one big lump, one after the other. It doesnt' post to people's walls it just posts to the general news feed. I just got Raptr so it's not such a big deal if the trophies also don't post.
But I'm sure they will

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Yeah for some reason it's not happening for me. I have PS+ which automatically syncs them, so it's not that...
katieulett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 katieulett
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="katieulett"]

metalgrinch

How do you manually sync trophies? When it was working, all my trophies actually WOULD publish next to immediately. I'd get a trophy, turn on my nook tablet, check facebook, and it was there.

Sorry for the late reply, yeah you just go to your friend list, then just click on yourself (to view your profile) and it will sync them (whilst in a game). If not in a game, just click on your trophy collection, and it will sync :)

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

StealthMonkey4

For the same reason people post the quality, color, and amount of paper used when having a BM.

MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

MonkeySpot

For the same reason people post the quality, color, and amount of paper used when having a BM.

Man I used some of that new Charmin the other day, my green and brown sludge smeared alllllll over that mothaf*cka. Took 20 sheets.
metalgrinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 metalgrinch

[QUOTE="metalgrinch"]

[QUOTE="katieulett"]

katieulett

Sorry for the late reply, yeah you just go to your friend list, then just click on yourself (to view your profile) and it will sync them (whilst in a game). If not in a game, just click on your trophy collection, and it will sync :)

Thanks, yea I did that and they posted all together. It's pretty annoying that I need to go and sync them for them to show up. When I first went to the facebook option to publish trophies it just did it automatically. Each time I got a trophy, like 2 seconds later it went automatically to the facebook news feed. Then, it just stopped doing that. I mean I figured that setting that facebook option to ON would just take care of it forever, and I don't really see a reason why it shouldn't. So not really sure who's at fault here - facebook or PSN.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

MC-Reap

Man I used some of that new Charmin the other day, my green and brown sludge smeared alllllll over that mothaf*cka. Took 20 sheets.

:lol:

Good ta see ya again, Reap!!!

:D

metalgrinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 metalgrinch

So the issue now is that the trophies publish, but only to MY own profile page. It doesn't actually go on the main news feed page. I know this because I had a friend check her page and says there are no trophy feeds on the news page, yet I see it on my own private profile. This seems like just a facebook glitch.

MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts

[QUOTE="MC-Reap"][QUOTE="MonkeySpot"] Man I used some of that new Charmin the other day, my green and brown sludge smeared alllllll over that mothaf*cka. Took 20 sheets. MonkeySpot

:lol:

Good ta see ya again, Reap!!!

:D

Hah, man I'm surprised someone even remembered me! Yeah just been busy lately...sometimes forget to go to the old GS bookmark and check things out.

So the issue now is that the trophies publish, but only to MY own profile page. It doesn't actually go on the main news feed page. I know this because I had a friend check her page and says there are no trophy feeds on the news page, yet I see it on my own private profile. This seems like just a facebook glitch.

metalgrinch
Maybe you have it set in your settings not to share with friends? I know when this feature was first added I tested it out just to see how it worked and I had it working fine with no problems. Thing is every time FB has some kind of update, security settings for who can see what seems to get shifted around.
Srenjy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Srenjy
Member since 2010 • 307 Posts
how to make it automatically publish on facebook? mine needs to update my trophy collection too before it publish
mstrchf12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mstrchf12
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
not possible mate.....one of the downsides of the PS3 is having to always manually sync your trophies.....
ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ebrezzy1
Member since 2012 • 1427 Posts

its not instant you gotta quit your game then sync it

Srenjy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Srenjy
Member since 2010 • 307 Posts
not possible mate.....one of the downsides of the PS3 is having to always manually sync your trophies.....mstrchf12
too bad mate, :( thanks anyways!