Jak and Daxter vs Ratchet and Clank, which franchise is better?

Edited 4 months, 23 days ago

Poll: Jak and Daxter vs Ratchet and Clank, which franchise is better? (18 votes)

Ratchet and Clank 61%
Jak and Daxter 39%

Which franchise do you think is better than the other and would recommend it to friends and to people who haven't played them.

#1 Edited by SolidTy (43397 posts) -

Love both and I also love Sly Cooper...but I gotta vote for Ratchet on this one.

#2 Edited by porkchopxp (1153 posts) -

Jak and Daxter. If I have to swing a wrench at another crate to gather more nuts and bolts I'm gonna lose it. The only reason this question is unfair is because Insomniac over-saturated the Playstation library with games and there was bound to be a gem or two in there. Would I want another Jak and Daxter? No, but if I have to choose between these two franchises, than yes.

#3 Edited by GamerComplex (21 posts) -

Jak and Daxter had much more integrity and felt more put together. Ratchet had great characters and story but repetitive gameplay and the checkpoints made me want to dip my head in boiling water.

#4 Posted by Rookerman (25 posts) -

Ratchet and Clank.

I really only like the 1st Jak and Dextar.

#5 Edited by 187umKILLAH (1344 posts) -

@rookerman said:

Ratchet and Clank.

I really only like the 1st Jak and Dextar.

Me too.

#6 Posted by Glitter (353 posts) -

Ratchet & Clank, as it has more games and they did not give up on it.

#7 Posted by coasterguy65 (5974 posts) -

I like both series, but I've had way more fun with Ratchet and Clank over the years.

#8 Posted by CWEBB04z (4583 posts) -

I preferred Jak and Daxter... but Sly Cooper was better than both.

#9 Posted by CTR360 (7087 posts) -

i like bothseries but i prefet jak and daxter

#10 Posted by mastermetal777 (1633 posts) -

I like em both, and I wish Sly Cooper was in this category, but I'm gonna stick with Ratchet and Clank. Jak and Daxter declined in quality with the 2nd game for me, while Ratchet and Clank kept things fun and engaging for all 3 PS2 titles.

#11 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6118 posts) -

I never really got into Jak & Daxter for whatever reason... But I've always loved Ratchet & Clank. And yeah, Sly should be on the list.

#12 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25700 posts) -

Jak had lower lows (namely Jak II), Ratchet had higher highs. R & C can keep going and going and I'd be happy with that.

#13 Posted by yokofox33 (29707 posts) -

Ratchet and Clank. The weapons, humor, and platforming were awesome. Hope they make a brand new Ratchet adventure soon.

#14 Edited by Fezzinator101 (231 posts) -

Love both franchises but I slightly prefer Ratchet & Clank.